[mimi-mingyu] i'm home!

skies are blue

kim mihyun (mimi) & kim mingyu, ohmygirl/seventeen, sibling!au (kims), 495 w

"Noona you're my mvp."


 

Mingyu stands in front of the half-full body length mirror, checking his reflection to properly wrap the the neck ribbon around his collar. He's washed his face though the urge to slump back down onto his bed is quite strong.

 

Yet, as much as sleepiness attempts to take over him, Mingyu brushes all of that off as today isn't the right day to be all drowsy. With his backpack slung over his shoulder, he ambles down the stairs, calling for his mum.

 

"Mum? I'm ready!"

 

But what Mingyu gets in return, isn't who he expected it to be. "Don't tell me yer ain't having yer brekfast." 

 

Mingyu's sure he's already fully awake, and although his vision is clear, he still finds the need to squint his eyes to register who's sitting at the dining table, indulging in a bowl of cereal.

 

"Mimi noona?" A tip of amusement starts to linger in his tone. Well he, as a whole has began to be diffused with excitement that his eyeballs almost seem like it could pop out any minute. "OH MY GOD WHEN DID YOU COME BACK?!" His voice just reached a tone higher, while he gleefully decends down the remaining stair steps to join his sister at the table.

 

"Ssssuppppp brotha!" Initiating a brofist to the boy who took a seat opposite of her, she offers a greeting. "This morning. When ye were sleeping. Thought ye'd burn the midnight oil since your entrance exam's today but nah."

 

The boy smugs. "Couldn't be bothered to cram. You should have called or something!"

 

"Surprise~" Mimi yodels, scooping another spoonful of milk-soaked cereal. "By the way something urgent came up at mum's office so she had to leave early today. Hence I'm in charge."

 

"Oh." Mingyu replies short, mouth's full of french toast. "Then, let's go?"

 

"Young boy, swallow yo brekfast properly first. You'll choke."

 

"Okay okay"

 

"Oh yeah, gimme a sec." Something triggers Mimi's remembrance abruptly so she gets off her chair, which causes Mingyu to wonder as her bowl has yet to be empty and she doesn't bring it along with her to the kitchen.

 

"Special lunchbox for a special day~" She comes back to the table with a small squared container in her clasps, straightly handing it to the younger boy.

 

Just like the sight of a sun rising from the horizon to replace the pale and dimmed looking dawn, that's exactly how Mingyu's expression transitions. A huge child-like grin finds its place across his lips. One, he's touched. Mingyu loves it when his sister spoils him. Two, his pocket money is saved for today. Though, there are still some traces of wonder lingering in him regarding the content, so he doesn't hesitate to open it. "Is it steak?" He jokes.

 

Cheese rice cakes with marinated grilled meat and chicken balls. Not what he expected but those are undeniably his personal favourite. Favourites. So that's a jackpot.

 

"Noona you da mvp." 

 

And Mimi just coolly replies with finger guns. No big deal.

 

**

 

 

 


a/n: mimi speaks with a jeju dialect in this c: