chapter 4

Magical

      

 

Jinki opened his eyes and starched, small yawn escaped his lips as he sat, looking around he found out that he was alone in the apartment.

He slept for many hours after he spent the whole night trying to make snowflake a bunny again but it didn’t worked, it made him feel as always- like a failure.

He wasn’t such a good sorcerer and he knew it, his teachers always tried to persuasive him to be an apprentice but he didn’t wanted to give up yet, he wanted to make his Umma proud of him.

She never had high hopes from him, him being clumsy made her care about his health and safety more than his successes and he wanted to prove his Umma he's good.  

"Umma…" he mumbled, he was away for four days now and didn’t knew how to come back, did she worried about him?

Getting up from the couch he made his way toward the kitchen to take something to drink, on the kitchen island he found a note from Minho that said he's at work and he'll be back a little late, he also wrote that he left some food at the fridge, it made Jinki smile as he opened the refrigerator's door and pulled an orange juice, waving his hand the kitchen cabin opened and a glass flew straight into his hand, he poured the juice into the glass and sipped from it.

After two glasses he returned the juice back into the fridge and placed the glass on the counter, he was on his way to the bathroom when he suddenly stopped at the door to Minho's bedroom.

His reflection in the mirror made him enter the room, he looked at himself with the pajama Minho gave him, his body looked clearly underneath it unlike his gown- it suited him, he didn’t looked all clumsy as always, he even liked the way the pajama made his broad shoulders and abs shown.

Turning around he took a glance at his buttocks and giggled to himself, but his giggles faded and replaced with curiosity when he saw framed pictures on the dresser.

He got closer to the furniture and looked at the pictures, Minho was being held by a man and they made a goofy face, in another picture they were holding hands at the beach looking at the sunset, in another they looked forward –smiling simply, they looked really happy.

The last picture was turned and Jinki reached his hand to grab it, it frame was broken and the glass was shuttered like someone had dropped it, he looked at it and for a brief moment felt a little lost, his heart clench in his chest and he didn’t really knew why, seeing Minho being kissed by that man made him feel that way and it spooked him, he never felt that way not even with Joon.

He tried to place the picture back as it was when suddenly a ring echoed through the apartment, spooked he dropped the picture to the floor, making it shuttered a little more than it already was, he reached his hand to lift it when suddenly he heard Minho's voice calling his name.

 

 

Minho called home, it was stupid thing considering that fact that Jinki didn’t knew how to use a phone but he tried anyway. After few rings the answering machine answered.

"Jinki…it's me, Minho… Jinki, if you hear me please pick up the device and place it to your ear…Jinki…" he waited for few more seconds until Jinki's voice filled the line making him smile.

   

 

Jinki ran from the bedroom into the living room "I'm so sorry, I didn’t meant to go through your stuff" he called but stopped when he saw that Minho wasn’t there, his voice however still echoed around.

"…If you hear me please pick up the device and place it to your ear…Jinki…"

Frowning, Jinki followed Minho's voice and looked at the phone, he reached his hand and pulled it to place it to his ear suspiciously "M-Minho? Minho is that really you?"

"Jinki!" Minho's voice filled his ear and sent shivers to his body, his name rolled on his tongue sweetly.

"Minho, how did you got in there!?" he called and tapped on the device "I'll get you out! Don’t worry, I’ll just need to remember the spell for it, it was something with-"

"Jinki, hello? Jinki! Listen to me…hello!"

"Minho! It's seems to be stuck!" Jinki said as he tried to open the device with his hands after he couldn’t remember the spell.

"No, listen!" Minho called at him "it's ok, I'm not inside the phone, it's a device that transfers my voice…"

"Ah!? Like…my tunnel?"

"Y-yeah…something like that"

"Oh, and you know how to get out of it?!" Jinki asked seriously and could hear Minho sighing.

"I just called to see if you're alright"

"Yes, I woke up moments ago"

"Good, good. I'll be back at noon, ok?"

"Where are you?"

"At work"

"Can I come to 'work' too?" Jinki asked, his voice was quiet like a sheepish child.   

"I'll be back at noon, please wait for me…"

Jinki nodded understandingly as he mumbled a small 'yes' and placed the phone back in it place.

 

 

Minho felt like he had been rejected a little child but he had no choice, he had work. The bell rang and reminded him he have a class, taking his bag he rushed his feet toward the class, Jinki will have to wait for now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Minho came back from work he found Jinki hovering above the floor in the living room, his legs crossed and his hands rested on his knees like sort of yoga position, he had an aura around him and his eyes were closed.

He should have been used to it by now, seeing the older acting so weird but he couldn’t help the little gasp that escaped his lips. Trying not to freak more than necessary he closed the door quietly behind him and removed his shoes, he left his bag on the couch as he got closer to him.

"Ahh…Jinki?"

Soft snores escaped Jinki's lips.

He's asleep!? Minho's eyes bulged "Jinki!!!" he called making him open his eyes and blink at him.

"Oh…hi, when did you came back?" Jinki asked tiredly as his aura faded and his body slowly lowered to the floor.

"Were you asleep?!"

"I took a nap…"

"Like…like…this!?"

Jinki looked confused as he nodded his head, it was his one his favorite positions for a nap.  

"Never mind" Minho said and went to the kitchen, he needed to remind himself that the older was different "have you eaten?"

Jinki got to his feet and followed him "no, I forgot, I was too busy trying to open the tunnel…"

"Any successes?" Minho asked and opened the refrigerator, taking out groceries for dinner.

"No…" Jinki said quietly, looking disappointed.

Minho glanced at him and his heart clenched, his face softened when he saw his despair "I'm sure you will…" he said and watched him as he nodded.

Trying to lift his spirit a little he smiled at him "don’t worry, just as I always saying to my students- keep practicing and you'll do right"

"Your students?" Jinki asked as he raised his body to sit on the counter while Minho started to cook dinner "you're a teacher?"

"Yes"

"WOW!" Jinki called forgetting his disappointed mood "I never thought you could be a teacher…"

Minho chuckled "why?"

"Well, you don’t look so…mmm…threatening and mean"

"Why would I?"

"All of the teachers are like that…well, at least at my academy, I think they have to, magic is a very gentle matter, if you won't pay attention to the instructions you might find yourself in some kind of troubles and you're not always able to fix it"

"Like you did?"

Soft embarrassed smile crossed Jinki's face as he nodded "yeah..."

"I'm not teaching magic, only math but my students are on second grade and they do a lot of troubles so I can understand your teachers" Minho said winking.

Jinki laughed, he asked Minho more questions about his job and the younger answered his curiosity, even dinner didn’t stopped him from wanting to know more about his life.

They spent the entire evening talking, Minho even asked about Jinki's world, it sounded like he was living in one of brothers Grimm's fairytale.

"It's late…" Minho said yawning as he looked at the clock on the wall, they haven’t noticed the time and he needed to get up in few hours, getting up from the chair he placed the forgotten dinner's dishes in the sink and stretched "I'll take care of it tomorrow"

Jinki nodded and watched him walking to his room "good night"

"Good night" Minho called closing the door behind him.

 

 

Taking off his cloths Minho was ready to go in between the covers when suddenly he noticed the picture on the floor. Reaching his hand he took it and stared at it, his heart clenched in his chest tightly, it ached, even though the glass was shattered and the frame broken changmin's kiss felt in his guts, he could remember his tongue playing in his mouth, his sweet taste, the soft noises he did when he savored him.

Placing the frame on the dresser he in a deep breath, changmin was a bitter memory that he wished to forget but had a hard time throw away his presence in his life, it's been six months since they broke up, he knew he needed to move on but it was hard.

Crawling into bed he curled himself into a ball and closed his eyes, when he was asleep the thought about changmin always disappeared.

 

 

He was having hard time to fall asleep and when he finally did his alarm went on, dragging himself out of bed Minho went to the bathroom to wash his teeth, taking a glance at the sleeping Jinki in the living room.

When he went to the kitchen to make himself some coffee he was surprised to see that the sink was empty and clean, the dishes from the night before were already clean and dry back in it place. Well, besides one plate, it was broken, if it'll keep like that he'll have to buy some new dishes very soon.

As he made his coffee quietly as possible as he watched Jinki, the man was covered from head to toe, his nose was the only part that peeped out of the blanket, it made him smile stupidly.

The phone rang and tore his gaze from Jinki, he let go of his coffee and went to answer it, the older didn't even moved by the ring, he slept deeply.

"Hello?"

"Minho-ya" Sooyoung's voice filled the line.

"Noona…" he said quietly and went to his room to get dressed, this conversation gonna take a while, it always did after his sister had a date.