chapter 3

Magical

   

 

 

 

 

"Hi, excuse me…" Sooyoung smiled and waved to the secretary who looked at her with a jealousy look.

"Yes?"

"I'm looking for Choi Minho, I'm his sister…"

"He's not here today" she said dryly.

"What?"

"He called and said he's sick…"

"Sick?!" Sooyoung frowned, her little brother seems to be fine yesterday "ok, thank you" she said as she made her way out. She pulled her phone and dialed her brother, when there was no answer she decided to drive to his apartment.

 

Knocking on the door Sooyoung waited, she could hear her brother's voice clearly and he didn’t sounded sick at all.

The door opened and a huge smile welcomed her, however- it wasn’t her brother's.

"Hello…" the stranger managed to say before Minho appeared by his side and pushed him away from the door.

Sooyoung frowned and turned her gaze to look at the man he just pushed aside and then at her brother "Minho…?!" her voice waited for some explanations.

"Hi Noona…"

"What's going on?"

"Hi, I'm Jinki…" the stranger suddenly appeared again, smiling at her as he stood by Minho's side.

"Jinki, please go and fix the mess you made!" Minho said and gave him a warning look.

Jinki's lips made an 'O' shape and he nodded like he understood what he meant and went to the kitchen, Minho followed him with his gaze before turning back to his sister "What are you doing here?"

"I came to school and brought you lunch" she said and raised a bag with food in it "but you weren’t there and when I asked the secretary she said you called to say you're sick. You don’t look sick to me. And who is he?" her face suddenly changed with a cattish smile, her voice got low "you had a one night stand? It's been a while since you had someone, since you and changmin broke up-"

"He's not" Minho cut her off and glanced at Jinki "he's not one night stand"

"Is he more than that?!" her voice got louder again, with a squeaking tone, she jumped and clapped her hands excitedly.

"NO!" Minho said and reached his hand to stop her clapping.

"Then who is he?"

"Ah… a friend…"

"I don’t know him-"

"A new friend" he mumbled with a smile.

"Minho-ya!" Sooyoung's tone meant 'don’t mess with me buddy- I'm not stupid', she pushed him aside as she walked into the apartment and looked at Jinki who was sitting by the kitchen island, he waved at her with a smile. Looking at him suspiciously she turned to face her brother, this guy was totally not his type, maybe he was telling the truth and they were just friends "what are you not telling me?"

"Nothing. What did you brought for lunch?" Minho asked and changed the subject, he took the bag from her hand and went to the kitchen to open it.

"Chicken"

"Oh! I love chicken!" Jinki called and jumped from his seat, he got closer to Minho who just smiled weirdly and gave him the chicken.

Sooyoung crossed her hands and raised her brow "I'm waiting…"

Minho sighed and glanced again at Jinki, getting closer to his sister he held her elbow and guided her toward the living room.

"This is Jinki" he said quietly "he showed up in my apartment last night in ah… unconventional way"

"What do you mean unconventional way?"

"By a tunnel…" Minho said seriously, knowing that his sister thought he's going crazy by the look she gave him.

"A tunnel…is that a new club's name…? Are you on something?!"

"I know it's weird but I'm serious, Noona, he's sort of ing Harry Potter!"

"What?!"

"He's a sorcerer"

"Minho-ya, have you lost your mind?!"

"No, he really is, I couldn’t believe it either but then he turned snowflake to a frog!" he hissed and pointed toward the kitchen were at the bunny's cage was, she couldn't see it, it was too far from her sight anyway.

Sooyoung placed her palm over her brother's forehead "you’re not sick" she clamed.

Minho sigh "it's real…Jinki!" he suddenly called and the older stopped chewing the chicken.

"Can you please make my Noona a coffee?"

Jinki nodded and got up from the chair, he opened the cabin and took a glass from it when suddenly Minho called at him- again.

"No…like you made me this morning!"

"Are you sure?" he asked a little confused, this morning when he wanted to make him some beverage to thank him over his hospitality Minho screamed like a little girl again just because he saw the glass flying around, he spooked him and made him drop it accidentally along with the kettle, coffee, sugar and the cream "You freaked out when I did…" Jinki said sharing his gaze between the siblings.

"Yeah…"

Nodding, he rolled up his sleeves and waved his hands toward the glass, his hands sparkled and he could hear Minho's sister gasping, she let out a spooking sound when the glass flew in the air along with the kettle and filled with hot water, the coffee and sugar jar flew as well along with the cream, filling the glass before it flew all across the room straight into the living room, lingering in front of her pale face as she reached shaking hands to catch it.

"W-w-w-what…?" she stuttered.

"I told you" Minho said and took the glass from her hands before she'll drop it to the floor "he showed up last night and he can't go back"

Sooyoung looked at her brother and tried to talk but no word came from .

"I know it's shocking" Minho said "but he's… harmless"

Jinki stood in the kitchen with an innocent look on his face, he watched Minho calming his sister, so gentle, his deep voice was like soft music, it made his heart acting in a way it haven’t  acted for a while, not since Joon.

"…So, what are you gonna do now?" Sooyoung asked and glanced at Jinki.

"I'm gonna help him to open the tunnel again, I guess…I don’t know…he needs to go back to his life…"

"And what about your life? What are you gonna do until he'll go back?!"

Minho inhaled "I don’t know what to do with him yet…"

Sooyoung looked at her worried brother and smiled shakily "I'll help you"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day Minho had no choice but to go back to work, he left Jinki with Sooyoung and the two went out for shopping, his Noona said she won't hang around with him as long as he wearing that gown of his, it was too embarrassing for a top model like her and most of Minho's clothes didn’t fitted his size when he tried to help his fashion style.

Apparently, they had a lot of fun together and when Minho came back to his apartment he found that Sooyoung and Jinki were already there.

"Minho-ya!" his sister called and jumped from the stool she was sitting on in front of Jinki "you're home! How was your day?" she asked with a big smile and hugged her little brother.

"Good, how did you two managed?" he asked glancing at the sorcerer who got up from the stool and took few steps toward them.

"It was great, Jinki is great!" she said and turned to wink at Jinki "isn’t he gorgeous? Look at him…"

Actually, Jinki looked really good with his new look, the clothes Sooyoung chose for him fitted perfectly and changed his clumsy look. Black skinny jeans wrapped around his curved thighs, matching v neck tee exposed his sharp collarbones and a red leather jacket gave him rocky and kind of cocky style, on his legs he was having short boots like a soldier and his hair was no longer messy- it covered his eye giving him a dangerous look, like a predator.  

It made Minho a little uncomfortable in his tight jeans, he felt like a teenager who saw his crush, flushed and aroused "yeah, he is" he mumbled as he eyed the older.

"Well, I have to go now" she said and kissed Minho's cheek loudly before going by Jinki's side and doing the same.

"Aren’t you staying for dinner?" Minho's voice was too high then he meant, he wasn’t sure if staying alone with Jinki was a good thing, his new look gave him some crazy ideas that included a lot of moans.   

"I'm going out with Heechul Oppa tonight" she said with a stupid grin and collected her things before going toward the door.

"Oh…" Minho groaned.

"See you guys"

"Bye…" Jinki said and waved at her as she left, he stopped waving when he saw the look Minho gave to the closed door.

"He's not a nice guy?"

"Who?" Minho asked and turned to face him, his face softened when he saw Jinki's soft frown.

"That Heechul she was talking about"

"I don’t know, I never met him" he shrugged and went to the kitchen, opening the cabins he looked for something to distract his mind.  

"You seem to hate him but you don’t even know him…?"

"He's not good enough for Noona…"

Jinki followed him with questioning eyes.

"Nobody good enough for her, she's my sister I don’t want her to get hurt, she always does" the younger said with a sigh.

A big beautiful smile smudged on Jinki's face and he patted Minho's shoulder like he understood, even though he never had a sister.

Minho looked at him for a long moment, his smile captivated him, the wrinkles around his eyes gave him the sweetest look, an honest one, making his heart flipped in his chest, his breath became heavy and warmth washed his body. Shaking his head he coughed "dinner?"

 

After a long cold shower that shook him from the strange feelings that held his body Minho wrapped a towel around his waist and made his way to his room.

He stopped at the entrance when he got a glance at Jinki who was sitting on the couch and staring at the table- concentrating, his hands glowed and sparkled making Minho curious for his actions, on the table there was snowflake, it was still a frog and Jinki aimed his hands toward it as he tried to transform it back to his original shape, he looked a little frustrated and Minho realized he haven't succeed yet.

He couldn’t help it but smile, even though snowflake was still a frog it didn’t bothered him that much, sure, he wanted his bunny back but it was ok, everything would go back to normal eventually, right?

Staring at the older for a while he saw Jinki trying his best to fix his mistakes and even if he didn’t succeed it still made his heart acting funny because he tried.