chapter 1

Magical

   

 

 

"Knock knock!" Sooyoung said as she walked into the teachers' room.

"Noona…what are you doing here?"

"I was around and I thought you might want some lunch"

Minho looked at his older sister with a smile as he let go of the pen in his hand "I thought you're out of town for shooting"  

"That's next week"

"Oh…I guess I forgot"

Sooyoung chuckled, her brother was always such a mess, luckily he never forgot his head "I brought you some chicken salad and rye bread"

"I thought you brought food" he teased.

"I'm on a diet!"
"You're always on a diet, is that means I need to suffer along with you?!"

"You don’t have to eat if you don’t want to…I can just go"

Minho chuckled and got up from his chair, he arranged the desk so she could place the food on it and brought another chair for her to sit.

"So how is work?" Sooyoung asked as she placed the salad for him.

"…well…ahhh…I have a teacher parents meeting today" he said trying to sound interesting enough, his sister blinked stupidly at him and nodded out of politeness.

"Oh…that's good" she said and reached her hand to tap his shoulder fondly before taking the first bite from her salad.

Minho smiled, he and his sister had different life, she was a model and he was elementary school teacher, Sooyoung never understood why he preferred a medium kind of job when he could have find a job in the show biz just like her, he wasn’t ugly, he was god damn beautiful and charming, she always said he could be a great model.  

"How is yours?"  

"You'll never guess who I'm shooting with next week" she said excitedly not waiting for him to answer "Heechul!!! Heechul oppa! He called me yesterday and introduced himself, he even asked me out for a coffee, you know to get to know each other a little, isn’t it great?!"

Minho raised a brow, he didn’t knew this 'Heechul Oppa' she was talking about but he already knew he wasn’t good enough for his sister, nobody was. Maybe he was over protective but he hated seeing her crying over some idiot who broke her heart and that happened too many times before, Sooyoung was terrible with men, rather they thought she's too stupid because she was beautiful- thinking beauty can't combine- or they were just afraid of rejection by asking her out because she was too beautiful, ether way it didn’t worked for her own good.

"That's good" he said simply as he sliced the bread.  

"I hope he'll be nice"

"He'll better be" he said warningly and made her laugh.

"Don’t worry"

They eat the rest of their lunch with small talk and some laughter before Sooyoung said she had to go, she kissed her little brother goodbye and left.

Minho watched her for a moment before he returned to his work, he had a lot of things to do before the meeting.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Minho finished his meeting with the parents earlier than expected, he even had enough time to stop at the market after he got out of school.

Now as he made his way upstairs to his apartment he pulled his keys from his pocket and opened the door, taking off his shoes he went to the kitchen and placed the groceries bag on the counter.

"Hi snowflake" he said and looked toward the corner of the kitchen, on the floor there was a cage with one big fat bunny. Pulling a carrot and lettuce from the groceries bag he went and crouched by the cage, the little furry bastard stood and hung on the bars as he saw the food in his master's hand, his sharp teeth bitten it and pulled it into the cage as an hostage "fatty!" Minho called chuckling and reached his hand to his white fur before returning back to his groceries.

After he arranged everything in it place he went into the bathroom for long, hot, shower, the water tapped his back and massaged his muscles, the warmth made him ease, just what he needed after a long day.

Wrapping a clean towel around his waist he took a look at his reflection in the mirror when suddenly a loud thump sounded around his apartment.

Minho froze, it couldn’t be snowflake messing around- the bunny was in his cage. Grabbing the first thing his hand could reach he opened the door slowly and peeped out, another thump sounded, it came from the kitchen.     

Maybe it was a burglar? A little worried he took few steps out of the bathroom. Maybe he should call the police…? Yeah, he should go to his room, call the police and lock himself until they'll come to rescue him.

Oh, come on Choi, be a man! Looking down to his hand he cursed, he could have pick something more threatening then his razor, the toilet brush was more useful than that, well- having no choice, he tiptoed toward the kitchen, if he'll just be brave and surprise the burglar he could confuse him and tackle him, yes, that what he should do. Or maybe…not, what if the burglar is having a knife or something like that, sharp enough to hurt him? He's in the kitchen after all.

His trail of thoughts cut off by a shattering sound that echoed through the apartment, it made his heart pound wildly in his chest, in a deep shaky breath he took the remain steps toward the kitchen and shouted "STOP!!!"

Oddly, there was no one in his apartment, he lowered the razor in his hand and frowned as he looked around, could he just imagined those noises!?

Looking down he saw a broken glass, it wasn’t his imagination, someone was or still is in his apartment for sure. Turning around he eyed the living room before turning his gaze back to the kitchen, suddenly noticing- he saw fluffy, messed brown hair peeping from his kitchen island, two brown eyes followed it as someone looked at him.

A girly scream escaped Minho's lips and he took few steps backward, loosing his balance he fell on his , holding his towel tightly so it won't fall.  

"Are you alright?" a sweet, soft voice asked.

Minho's eyes bulged "who are you???" he asked with a really high tone.   

The two eyes rolled and the fluffy, messy hair rose up, a beautiful young man with a cloak followed it, he looked…weird.

"I'm sorry for scaring you…" he mumbled shyly.

Minho freaked and reached his hand to grab the razor that fell when he got spooked and lost his balance "who are you?!" he asked again, this time his voice much more confident.

The young man took a step back and waved his hands "I'm sorry, I didn’t meant to spook you…" he called "look, I got lost and…ended up here"

Minho lowered the razor and frowned "You got lost?!"

"Yeah…"

"On the third floor in my building?"

"yes…no, in the tunnel"

"WHAT?!"

"I was at the tunnel and it didn’t worked as planned and instead of coming back home I ended up here"

WTF?! Getting up to his feet Minho fixed the towel to his waist, he started to believe this man wasn't a burglar, he probably was a lunatic that ran away from some institute. 

"…I tried to open it again but it didn’t worked" the man continued, his voice a little lower as he looked shyly at Minho – his half body made his stomach squeezed, he was beautiful.

"Are you on drugs?!" Minho asked, now he was just confused, he caught a stoned lunatic.  

"What?" the young man asked all confused.  

"Look, you shouldn’t use drugs, it's not the answer to your problems" Minho said getting a little closer to him "is there anyone I can call to come and get you?"  

The man frowned "my Umma…but her hearing is not so well and I think I'm really far from home so she won't hear anyway, even if you'll shout loud enough"

They stared at each other for a moment before Minho raised a brow and opened his mouth to talk "I…meant on the phone"

"Phone?"

"Yeah…that thing…that you call people with" he said pointing at his phone that rested on the dining table.

The man took few steps toward it and stared at it for a moment before he started to scream at the device "UMMA!!!!"

Minho palmed his face, definitely a lunatic.

"…told you, she can't hear me…"

"What's your name?" Minho asked loosing his patience.

The man smiled, it made his eyes disappeared and little wrinkles shown on his face, his smile was huge and heart warming as he bowed "LEE JINKI! Nice to meet you…"

OK…one stoned lunatic with a beautiful smile and ing good manners.

"And how did you get into my apartment, Lee Jinki?"

"I was in the tunnel and it didn’t worked so I ended up here, like I said, I don’t know how I messed up I'm still learning how to use it, I discovered it few weeks ago…"

Minho in a breath, god help him that stoned was talking about that tunnel again "What tunnel are you talking about?"

Jinki chuckled "the purple one. One day I was practicing my magic and suddenly a huge tunnel appeared, I think it's some spell I've got confused with and it just opened it, maybe it a way to transfer between parallel universes or something-"

"WoOw…WoOw…wait, Magic, Parallel universes, it's too much for one night"

Jinki looked at him and blinked "I guess it is a parallel universe …" he mumbled- mostly to himself "You don’t use magic in this universe?"

Minho tilted his head "look buddy…Jinki, there is no such thing as magic and parallel universes and purple tunnels and-" 

"How do you manage without magic?!" Jinki asked ignoring Minho's declaration about a world without magic.

Ok, it's not going to work with that man, Minho decided to use a different technique "I don’t know we just do… now look, you need to go back to the place you came from and I need to go back to my life so …ahh…" he made his way to the front door and opened it waiting for Jinki to get out "please…"

Jinki's face changed in concern as he made his way toward the door, he glanced at Minho as he got out- wanting to say something but couldn’t because the door slammed in his face.