Chapter 4

My crazy High School life!

"Hey Wookie, what are you doing? I am so bored here."

Ryeowook locked her bedroom and was napping when Sungmin called her. Ryeowook was still not fully awake and she muttered," I am napping and I am bored too."

Ryeowook had totally forgotten the drama that happened in the morning till the loud ruckus and weird smell drifted in. Ryeowook sat up immediately and ended her call with her best friend. Ryeowook stumbled and hurried to the kitchen.

A gust of heatwave came toward Ryeowook and her mind went blank. Ryeowook was shocked and she tumbled backward to the ground. "What is my house on fire!"

Apart from fire outbreak, what could be a better explanation for the burning smell, thick smoke and bright light. Where did it come from? If it's fire outbreak, then....

Ryeowook dashed into the bathroom and filled a pail of water before charging towards the kitchen. She splashed the water towards the source of the smell, smoke and light.

A loud yelp was heard before a wet figure ran out.

Ryeowook's blood boiled when she saw the figure. "Yesung! Why are you setting fire to my house?" Ryeowook almost forgotten that she had a Dragon living in her house.

Yesung was totally drenched and he was shaking the water from his hair," What do you mean by setting fire? Do you know that there is something call 'Love Dinner'?"

"Aishi, I don't know anything of that so call 'Love Dinner ' which is so spectacular. " Ryeowook rolled her eyes.

Yesung pouted at Ryeowook," It was past 4pm and you have not wake up. So I wanted to give you a surprise." Yesung started to sweep away the damp hair which covered his forehead and was rather proud of his intention," I am such a doting husband right? To pamper my wife with a nice dinner."

"Don't bring that up in front of me." Ryeowook hissed. Ryeowook threw the pail over Yesung's head," You tell me: who on earth would cause a fire outbreak by cooking dinner?"

Yesung removed the pail and was hugging it," It is the first time I am cooking and so it does not look too nice but let us enjoy this romantic dinner okay?"

Ryeowook advanced onto the kitchen. She saw the blackened vegetable soaking in water, the wrinkling dry brownish egg and the sauces which was spilled on the floor. Ryeowook's expression harden, " I am going to Minnie's house now."

"Oh let me get your shoes for you." Yesung happily ran towards the shoes cabinet by the front door.

Green veins started to pop out on Ryeowook's forehead," What is it that you are attracted to me? I will change them."

"Everything about you make you attractive." Yesung spoke earnestly.

Ryeowook threw her shoe onto the floor and slipped her foot in it. "I am getting out of here." She spoke without looking at Yesung.

"Dear wifey, come back early okay for our first night together later."

Ryeowook missed a step and almost fell down the flight of stairs.

 

Ryeowook and Sungmin were sprawling on the sofa, watching the television programme. Sungmin was sighing loudly," I really do not want to go back to school and why is the summer holiday ending so soon?"

Sungmin's umma heard Sungmin's words while she was in the kitchen and she rushed out with a chopping knife," You dare? How can you just want to play and not studying!"

Ryeowook was alarmed and she tried to interfere," Lee umma, what are you cooking? I can smell the wonderful aroma."

"Oh Wookie, I am making my special dishes of kimchi fried rice, spicy chicken stew, stir fried vegetable and potato pancake. I know that you will love it." Sungmin's umma lowered the chopping knife and ruffled Ryeowook's hair. " Your parents are too heartless to abandon you again. I will scold them for you when I see them return back."

Ryeowook waved her hand." I am not bothered at all. Lee umma is the best and I will come here everyday to eat."

Sungmin's umma was so flattered and she returned to the kitchen to continue with her cooking.

Sungmin continued watching the programme and she suddenly thought of something. She turned to Ryeowook," Do you know why Cho Kyuhyun was asking us that question yesterday?"

Speaking of Cho Kyuhyun, Ryeowook snorted," Maybe he just feel like it?"

"But he chooses us and aren't we lucky? He asked if we like him or not and oh my, I feel so blissful."

"What! Lee Sungmin, who confess to you and don't you dare get a boyfriend." Sungmin's umma rushed out again with the chopping knife.

Sungmin quickly pointed to the TV,  "It's him, Cho Kyuhyun. I love Cho Kyuhyun."

Sungmin's umma suddenly perked up and smiled," Minnie, if you have his latest gossip or photographs, you must to share with me?" With that Sungmin's umma went back to the kitchen.

Ryeowook was so envy of her best friend, " You are so lucky to have Lee umma chasing the same idol with you."

"Well I should be happy and unlike you who is so lonely. Wookie why don't you sleepover tonight?"

"Yeah... Er no I can't. " Ryeowook think of Yesung in her house and she felt uneasy letting that Dragon being alone in her house.

"Why not Wookie? I can lend you my new pink pyjamas." Sungmin hugged Ryeowook's arm.

It was so true, why should I go back to face that Dragon. What if he use his water power and broke into my room and acted like a jerk going to devour me just like the tv drama.... or he made himself invisible and enter into my bedroom with me.... Maybe i should prepare a weapon like slipper or what to protect myself...

Ryeowook enjoyed her dinner with Sungmin's family, watching the tv programme while she slurped on the spicy chicken stew. "Lee umma, I love you! The food are so delicious." Ryewook was busy with a second helping of rice when a loud scream came from the tv. Thereafter followed by another louder scream from Sungmin as she jumped up from her seat and pointed her finger at the tv. Sungmin kept on screaming and pointing at the tv.

"What is it Minnie?" Ryeowook was asking while she had her spoon in . She turned her head and looked at the tv and saw the caption : Cho Kyuhyun announced that he had successfully porposed marriage to his girlfriend!

Marriage? Ryeowook splurted out the rice in which landed on the floor. Luckily, no one saw that and Ryeowook swiftly cleared up the mess. Sungmin and her mother were glued to the tv while Sungmin's father lifted his glasses on his nose and spoke," Oh isn't him the idol that you like? Isn't he still young? But he is going to get married?"

While Ryeowook was busily trying to clean the mess, she heard Sungmin and her mother shouted,"Kim Ryeowook!"

Ryeowook stopped and looked up at them but she saw that the mother-and-daughter duo were looking at the tv while screaming. Ryeowook looked at the tv too and saw the press conference of Cho Kyuhyun. The usual cool and aloof Cho Kyuhyun, was smiling handsomely at the camera," Yes, I am getting married. My fiancee's name is Kim Ryeowook and we are already engaged."

Ryeowook startled and yelled," Not me, I am not the one."

Sungmin's umma was sad and she was hugging the equally heart broken Sungmin," Dear, we know that it is definitely not you."

Sungmin was looking at Ryeowook with her face full of tears," I hate that person! To think she has the same name as my best friend who steal away my Cho Kyuhyun! I can't even curse her as she has the same name as you. I am so sad."

Ryeowook was feeling uneasy when she went to the toilet to wash up and recalled what happened that night

"Kim Ryeowook, though you are just a average looking girl; since I kiss you, I just have to accept you."

Oh no, it can't be.... That shimmering feather, the someone from Pheonix clan left a print on her lips, in the dark deserted alley, she lost her first kiss.... Ryeowook was checking herself thoroughly in the mirror, she was not that bad looking, though she could not call herself a ravishing beauty. Her results was average but she was not extremely smart. The most pitiful aspect was her figure which was as flat as the washing board.

"No, it is not me. No, it is not me! How can it be me!" Ryeowook was trying to convice herself by repeating," No, it is not me. No it is not me."

Ryeowook walked out from the toilet and saw that the press conference had not ended. A reporter was asking a question," Can you tell us anything about your fiancee?"

Cho Kyuhyun's reply was short," She is an outsider. A very ordinary girl with ordinary looks and not that smart plus her figure is not good too. However, I have made a promise to her and so we will be together for eternity."

Ordinary looks, not smart and bad figure! Ryeowook was fuming. Sungmin was wailing," Stupid Kim Ryeowook! I hate her, i hate her!"

"So when are you two getting married?"

"It will be soon because she has confessed that she like me and I am okay to get married even tomorrow."

A loud wailing noise was heard from the tv and beside Ryeowook. Ryeowook lowered her head and chanted," It is not me. It is not me...." She started to scoop more rice into . The dinner was eaten in silence and with a sombre note. Sungmin left to get pyjamas for Ryeowook while Ryeowook was not focusing. She felt that after so much had happened and it would be wise not to sleepover for the night. " Minnie, I think I will not be sleeping over here. I am going home now."

"Wookie, why are you going home? Didn't you promise to sleepover tonight? Plus I am so sad tonight." Sumgmin whined while hugging Ryeowook's arm.

Ryeowook was feeling helpless and lied," I just remember that my mom and dad will call home tonight."

"Why don't you come over after talking to your parents?" Sungmin pleaded.

Ryeowook shook her head," Minnie, it is too troublesome." Ryeowook bade farewell to Lee umma and Lee appa and wore her shoes. Ryeowook's house was not that far from Sungmin's house which was just a few streets away. While Ryeowook passed by the small park and saw the blooming flowers, she think of someone at home. That someone reminded her to return home early just before she left. Suddenly, Ryeowook missed home. Since at the young age of 10, she had alway been left alone at home. Ryeowook had secretly hoped that when she grew up, she would find someone for company so that she would not be lonely anymore. Though Ryeowook did not like him, she was not a grown up yet and she was married just out of a sudden. But with someone being there for her surely beat being alone.

Ryeowook just entered into her house and Yesung came running to her," Where did you go? Why did you left me alone to wait for you? And it is so late now, you are treating me so horribly."

Ryeowook escaped from Yesung's hug and sent a flying kick at him," I do not intend to come back actually."

"Huh! how can you do that to me? We are newlywed couple."

Ryeowook rolled her eyes and went to check on the kitchen. Good it had been cleaned up," I am going to shower and I am warning you that you are not suppose to peep!" Ryeowook sounded dead serious and glared at Yesung," Else I will chase you out of my house!"

"Relax, I am not interested to look at your poor figure." Yesung held his hands up and swore.

Ryeowook slammed the door shut. After her shower, Ryeowook was drying her hair with a towel. Yesung was sitting quietly on the sofa, looking at the tv programme. When Ryeowook came closer, she saw that Yesung was watching Discovery channel and she felt her eyes twitching," You are an animal and you are still watching this?"

"Oh just checking how the human view us. It is quite amusing." Yesung raised his head and smiled at Ryeowook. Under the lights, Yesung's smile was so gentle and beautiful and it was prettier than the chandelier in the house. Till one could not take the eyes off but Ryeowook averted her gaze. She was embarassed and she posed a random question," Er.... so where were you before and what were you doing?"

"Oh I was living in the ocean and was taught by the elders of my clan. When I reached my birthday recently, I was allowed to go to the surface for a look but I found it boring and so I decide to return back to the ocean. While returning back, I was abducted by the Phoenix clan and thereafter I met you." Yesung looked at Ryeowook," I should thank the Phoenix clan right? Because of them, I met you and had a undying love."

Undying love? Ryeowook felt sweetness and almost fainted. She musked it by kicking Yesung's knee," It is very late and I am going to bed!"

We had no common topic to talk about and why did that Dragon kept on assuming that I love him? I had never express any of that signal or act at all. Ryeowook was thinking hard and was lying boringly on her bed, preparing to go to bed. It was not long later that she heard a faint knock on her bedroom door," Wookie?" Ryeowook became wide awake and quickly grabbed her room slipper, shouting towards the door, "What?"

"I....." Yesung's voice seemed hesitant," I was thinking, since we are married and so........"

Ryeowooke felt goosebumps appearing on her body and grabbed her thick blanket, wrapping round her body before she rushed to the door. She put her body weight against the door to block it and stammered," So.... So what?"

Yesung a bit embarrassed," Why don't you open the door and I will talk about it?"

Once you got in, I would be doom. Hence Ryeowook objected.

"Fine..... I know it is embarrassed but since we are married and such a request is normal right...... I am hungry and there is nothing in the fridge so can you bring me out to eat something?"

Ryeowook was stunned and the slipper in her hand dropped onto the floor.

"Wookie, I can't sleep if I do not have dinner." Yesung was whining.

Ryeowook stormed into the kitchen and checked her fridge. True enough, there was nothing inside.

"Er I used up the food when I was cooking earlier."

"You are so mean! You did not even leave an egg for me." Ryeowook wailed. Since, Ryeowook was unable to return to sleep and she went to change her clothes," I will bring you to the snack shop nearby."

"Wookie, you are so nice and I am so touched." Yesung looked at Ryeowook with his tearing eyes.

Ryeowook slammed the door and started to change her clothes.

When they went out, Ryeowook realized that it was late in the night and thus, the street was deserted. The silver moon hung up in the dark skies and it cast a silver glow on the flowers. A gentle night breeze blew and caused the leaves to rustle, making the street even more deserted. At this hour, Ryeowook was not afraid of any bad guy or molester to appear suddenly and it felt so good. Ryeowook turned around and saw Yesung walking just behind her. Ryeowook realized that it was not a bad thing.

She would not be alone at home, eating alone, sleeping alone, watching tv alone or being scared alone during thunderstorm night and cried out for her parents in her blanket. Right now at this late hour, a georgeous guy was accompanying her out. Thinking that it was far better than being alone, Ryeowook started to giggle under the beautiful moonlight.

They walked a distance to a 24 hour convenient store at the road juncture.

"Why is the 24 hour store in darkness?" Yesung asked.

Ryeowook was clueless as well," Don't tell me that their light fused."

Yesung walked to the door and pointed at a notice," Close till further notice."

"Oh no, why am I so unlucky?" Ryeowook pulled her hair in frustration and was about to bring Yesung to another place which was further away till she spotted lights.

Ryeowook pointed at the shop opposite the fence and shouted at Yesung," Look, there is a bubble tea shop."

Not fat away, the little bubble tea shop was about to close. Ryeowook rushed to the fence and shouted," Wait! I want to buy something."

The shop attendant did not seem to hear Ryeowook's shout as she continued packing up.

Ryeowook took off her shoes and threw over the fence while she started climbing over the fence.

Yesung was shocked and muttered," My Wookie was so daring."

"I did not want to walk a big round over the fence." Ryeowook shouted back while she was climbing. When Ryeowook was at the top and was about to descend, Yesung shrieked," Hey hey!" Ryeowook saw a stray cat picking one of her shoe and ran off.

"Yah stupid cat! Come back!" Ryeowook was impatient and she jumped down. Before she landed on the ground, a light tingling noise was heard as if something dropped.

It was unknown when Yesung had gotten over the fence and he was standing in front of Ryeowook. Yesung stared at Ryeowook and after a long time, spoke," Er, two of your buttons came off."

Ryeowook screamed in fright and she forgotten to scold Yesung. She grabbed her blouse and squatted down, hiding her front at her knees.

Yesung looked up at the skies and asked," What are you going to do?"

Ryeowook felt that it was the most unlucky day of her life.

Yesung asked timidly," Wookie, are you able to shield yourself till we go back?"

Ryeowook nodded. Ryeowook was wearing a fitting lacy Princess blouse. Since it was so fitting that she had to grab tightly at her blouse before she deemed it was safe for her to stand up.

Yesung was still staring at the skies," Wookie don't worry. You are so flat and so there is nothing to see despite the top two buttons came off.

If not that Ryeowook was clutching her blouse tightly, she would have sent a punch at Yesung.

Yesung walked over to the little bubble tea shop and chatted with the shop attendant. He was smiling happily as he chat. Ryeowook was leaning against the fence, gritting her teeth while glancing at Yesung. She believed that Yesung was gloating over her misfortune.

Yesubg finally came out with bubble teas and some cakes. One of his hands shot out to Ryeowook's blouse, causing the latter to squeal," ert! What are you doing?"

Yesung placed the food on the ground and looked at Ryeowook amusingly," Pabo, I am helping you to fix your blouse."

Ryeowook blinked," You can use your magic to fix my blouse?"

"Nope. My power allows me to fight."

Ryeowook was stunned as she watched Yesung bending down and fixing a ribbon on her blouse. His fingers were long and nimble. He threaded the pink ribbon at the button hole and made a beautiful knot.

Ryeowook looked at Yesung dumbfounded and saw his face, pointed nose and attractive  side profile. He was concentrating to tie a second knot and he suddenly spoke," While I was waiting for the drink, I saw the ribbon for the cake box and I asked for one."

Ryeowook could not help but continued to stare at Yesung. His side profile while he was contesting with his task seemed like a beautiful scenary out of a painting. A sudden movement took place in Ryeowook's heart. Ryeowook lowered her eyes and was blushing badly.

Only the passing by stray cats saw the scene. A bashing Princess was blushing while staring foolishly at a handsome Prince.

When the last knot was done, Yesung stood back and looked at Ryeowook," Hmmm, let's go."

"Excuse me, you have not pay yet." The shop attendant called out.

Yesung then recalled something and smiled," Pay up Wookie."

"Huh why me?" Ryeowook grumbled as her pocket money had not much left.

Yesung spoke in the most serious manner," Because I do not have money with me."

Ryeowook sighed and took out some money from her pocket. Seeing Yesung running to make payment, Ryeowook picked up the drinks and saw 2 cups of bubble teas. Yesung came back and handed the chocolate milk tea to Ryeowook," This is for you."

Ryeowook sipped her drink and mumbled," I ate some chocolate at Minnie's place. I hope I will not get fat."

"Don't worry Wookie. You are flat and even if you get fat, no one will notice it." Yesung was looking solemn," The streetlight was so bright that I saw everything clearly."

Ryeowook turned into stone for a second before she sent a flying kick to Yesung," ert!"

Because of the sudden and violent move, a tearing sound was heard. Ryeowook's blouse torn again. "Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh." Ryeowook squatted on the ground and yelled.

Eventually, Ryeowook held her drink and the plastic bag of cake in front of herself. She took off her remaining shoe and walked barefooted behind Yesung.

The road was uneven. Ryeowook was shielding herself while walking on tip toes and she was about to cry," My feet hurt and now I knew how the little mermaid felt....."

Yesung turned his head and looked at Ryeowook. He squatted down," Come, I carry you back home."

Ryeowookwas shocked of what Yesung said and she did not know how to react.

Yesung tilted his head," Or you rather walk home in your current condition?"

Ryeowook's feet hurt when she had earlier stepped on some stones and she believed that blisters started to form on her feet. Ryeowook gritted her teeth and decided to take up Yesung's offer.

Ryeowook clutched her blouse and hopped onto Yesung's back. One of her hands was holding onto her blouse while the other hand holding the plastic bag, crossed over his shoulder. Yesung stood up and started walking home.

It was extremely quiet and only the sound made by the crickets could be heard. They seemed to be chanting something.  Yesung turned to Ryeowook and spoke earnestly, " The crickets there said that you are a Pabo. "

"How will you know?"

"I understand their language." Yesung spoke proudly.

Well Yesung was not a human. But Ryeowook did not feel good after hearing that the crickets made fun of her and so she stuffed her face on Yesung's shoulder.

Hmm... Ryeowook felt good by leaning against Yesung's toned shoulders. With the night breeze blowing, it seemed that they were the only two person in this world.

"Though you are a Pabo, I will still take my responsibility towards you as we are married." Yesung sounded helpless.

Ryeowook really wanted to kick Yesung hard if not for the fact that she was on his back. 

Though the incident that happened earlier was unpleasant, the chocolate milk tea was sweet. Ryeowook even stole a bit of Yesung's cake. After finishing het drink, Ryeowook went to sleep. She actually fell asleep when she hit her bed and did not lock her bedroom door.