Chapter 2

The Two Sides of Do Kyungsoon

Although Kyungsoon didn't think too much of the university she was forced to attend, she had to admit the view was pretty nice from just the second floor, where her afternoon singing classes took place. 

Classrooms that held singing lessons were generally a bit smaller than the others but featured a more contemporary design that was both simple and stylish. Nothing less expected of a highly reputed performing arts school. Ms. Kang once explained to the class that it was purposefully designed to be a calming and effective environment for vocal students to better focus and maximize their singing capabilities. Whatever that means. 

On one side of the room, there was a huge window with a view of the entire campus greenery outside. Kyungsoon liked to look out of this window and see the other students go on with their mundane lives from above. It made her feel powerful, and she liked this feeling very much. But that's what happens when you're really the dark lord trapped in such a small body. 

She had just finished her own rendition of "Tell Me What Is Love," earning a round of enthusiastic applause from her classmates because that's how boss Do Kyungsoon is. She was making her way back to her seat when she looked to her right and found a pair of big, round eyes peeking from behind the window on the other side of the room that revealed the school hallways. She inwardly groaned. He said he'd be around, but she really didn't expect to see that Park Chan-something again. And so soon, too. Seeing that he caught Kyungsoon's attention, he made himself more visible and smiled his stupid, goofy laugh while waving both his arms in the air. This caught the attention of Ms. Kang and basically everyone else in the classroom. They looked around the room to see who he was waving at, and Kyungsoon looked away, sure that they wouldn't figure out that she even knew this guy if she acted clueless about it. For obvious reasons, she was wrong, and people, mostly the girls, began giggling and whispering.

"Aww... Chanyeol-oppa is so happy like always."

"He's so adorable!"

"Omo, is he looking at me?" a girl squealed. "Of course he's not, don't be delusional," a guy, probably her jealous boyfriend, responded.

"Who's he waving at?" Several people began turning towards Kyungsoon, who pretended not to notice the commotion and the "Kyungsoon-ah!" from the guy outside of the classroom. 

"Looks like you have yourself a fan, Kyungsoon-ssi," Ms. Kang remarked amusedly. She looked at her wristwatch. "I think it's about time I dismiss you all anyways." 

Just then, the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Everybody got up from their seats, already making plans for the upcoming weekend with friends. Kyungsoon carefully put away her lyric sheets and exited class by herself, politely nodding and smiling to anyone who looked her way and was immediately greeted by 'the wierdo from behind the window.' 

"Wow, Kyungsoon-ah, you sang really well like always!" was the first sentence out of his mouth. 

"Always...?" she hesitantly made out. What the heck. This was like the first (okay, second) time she has ever seen him in her life. She was a little creeped out by the way this guy acted so familiar around her. 

"Ah! It's just I've...uh...beenlisteningtoyousingforawhilenowbutnotthatlongthough...hahaha...ha..." he blurted out, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

Kyungsoon didn't make out a single thing he just said, but she didn't have the patience to ask him to repeat all that word vomit again, so she just responded with a single reply that works in all situations ever. 

"That's nice." She threw in a smile, hoping to earn some extra points for charm.

But not knowing his name bothered her, so she asked for it bluntly because there's really no way to be polite about forgetting someone's name in 24 hours.

"Oh. It's Park Chanyeol, but don't worry, a lot of people mispronounce my name at first so don't feel too bad, haha," he reassured her.

Yeah, sure, I totally didn't forget your name, Park Chanyeol. 

"Right, Chanyeol...why are you here anyways?" she asked, not thinking about the way it came out. Chanyeol looked a bit hurt. "Oh! I mean, why were you here so early? Don't people still have classes around that time?" Kyungsoon frowned, confused.

"Yeah, most people do, but some classes end early or some just have less classes than others, like me. But it's nice since I get to hear you sing," he said shyly.

Kyungsoon involuntarily blushed. She looked away, hoping to hide her face from him. Usually people paid more attention to her looks, so it was a nice change of pace to meet someone who'd actually stay behind at school just to hear her singing.

Ah, Kyungsoon, stop this right now. Why are you reacting like this because of a nice comment from someone you barely know? 

It bothered her.

They walked out of the campus together. But it was mostly just Kyungsoon trying to get away from Chanyeol and him following her effortlessly.

Damn your long legs.

They walked across the street towards a small café that stood at the intersection of two streets. A waitress was busy sweeping the floor around the chairs and tables in front of the entance. She looked up to see the two approaching and stared at them for a moment before suddenly snapping out of a daze and calling out to them, inviting them inside for a cup of coffee or two. "The Corner Café offers a variety of coffee blends for the sleepy and overworked... guaranteed to re-energize!"

The pair turned their faces toward the waitress, who had a kind face and a simple appearance, despite the maid's attire she had on. Upon seeing their faces clearly, the waitress opened into an 'o' shape. "Wah, you two make a really cute couple!" she cooed.

"Ah, no, we're just friends, but thank you anyways, hehe." Chanyeol stupidly grinned. Kyungsoon took a subtle step away from him with a disgusted face.

Ew, please tell me she's kidding.

The waitress smiled warmly, a prominent dimple making its way onto her face. She didn't seem to hear anything Chanyeol just said because she insisted that they come inside the café to "share their love over a cup of coffee." Freaking Chanyeol was actually considering going inside, not knowing whether or not Kyungsoon liked coffee (she did, but that's not the point). Either way, that signaled the end of that for her. She quickly ended their conversation with a "Um, sorry I can't today. See you!" and ran off before Chanyeol could do anything about it. 

After escaping from that awkward situation, she felt more happy than she should've been; she could feel the happiness showing up on her face. Some passersby were starting to look at her wierdly. 

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know~

Goddammit. She never should've watched that Frozen video Jongin showed her. She finally forgot about that song after weeks of it replaying in her head, and now it's back. Ah, it. She gave up and walked the rest of the way home humming along to "Let It Go." 

~~~~~

"Noona~" 

Kyungsoon looked up from her calculus homework to an eager-faced Jongin. Uh-oh. She knew what he was about to ask her. 

"Did you watch the link I sent you yesterday?" 

"No." 

"Whaa–? Why not?" he frowned.

"Because everytime I click your links, it's a video of a talking dog or, you guessed it, a video of another talking dog."

"But noona! This isn't one of those times! It's something else! But you gotta admit, they're pretty funny, right?" Jongin started giggling. Kyungsoon had on one of her unamused faces, and seeing that, Giggles ceased his laughter.

"Pleasepleasepleasepleaaase watch it! It's important!" he begged her, ready to break out the cute act to get his way. Kyungsoon gave up and sighed. "Fine."

"Yay! Hehe, you won't regret it, noona!" Jongin promptly took out his phone which was already on whatever video he intended to show her. "I came fully prepared for this moment." 

"I swear to God, Jongin, if this is another one of your videos, I will–"  

"Shhh! It's starting!" He pressed the play button.

"Don't you dare shush me, you little–" but Kyungsoon was interrupted by the music that began playing, the very familiar music she had heard little kids sing to, along with an animation of a snowy, white mountain which was zoomed in on an equally familiar Disney character with pale blonde hair. 

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen..." 

"Oh my god." Kyungsoon facepalmed herself. She honestly should've seen this coming. He'd been talking about Frozen and trying to get her to watch it for the past couple months now. Why did she do this to herself?

"I can't believe it's been over a year since this movie was released, and you still haven't seen it." Jongin was clearly enjoying himself at finally succeeding in his Get Noona To Watch Frozen Or At Least Let It Go mission. 

"That's because I'm not 12, Nini." Kyungsoon was still a , how did she end up with a little kid to take care of?

He mouthed the next few lines. "Don't let them in, don't let them see," he pointed at Kyungsoon, "be the good girl you always have to be~" 

She pressed her lips tightly together into a thin line, and considering her lips were pretty plush to start with, this clearly proved how exasperated she was with him.

"Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know~ well, now they know~" Jongin got ready for the chorus and opened his mouth to sing along. 

"For the love of Monggu, please don't–" 

"LET IT GO, LET IT GO, CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE! LET IT GO, LET IT GO, TURN AWAY AND SLAM THE EFFING DOOR~!" he sang (screamed) at the top of his lungs.

"Yah, watch your language, young man!" Kyungsoon had no choice but to end this nonsense and pounced on him from her seat on the couch. She tried to cover his mouth with her hands to block out the horror coming out of it but to no avail.

She suffered like this for the next couple of months. 

~~~~~

The next day right after her dance class ended, she came face-to-face with Chanyeol again. He was wearing a snapback today, an EXO snapback at that. 

No way, is he one of those once-in-a-blue-moon EXO fanboys? No, no, no. Calm yourself, woman. Don't turn into a crazy fangirl. No one needs to see that mess.

"Hiya, Kyungsoon-ah!" he shouted, which was completely and totally unnecessary. A grimace appeared on her face.

For God's sake, I'm literally right next to you.

Seeing her recoil slightly from the volume of his voice, Chanyeol's face fell, and he began to bow in apology repeatedly, his snapback threatening to fly off his head. His head almost hit Kyungsoon in the face. She backed away from this display and rolled her eyes at his overreaction. She thought it was cute, though. Wait, what?

"Look, it's fine, okay. Stop–" she grabbed the top of his head as he came up from his bow, "stop apologizing. Now." Chanyeol, surprisingly, obeyed her. "I'm really sorry, Kyungsoon-ah. I always keep forgetting to use my inside voice..." he admitted sadly, his head hanging down.

Do you even have an inside voice?

"It's alright."

A silence fell on them. "So... did you want something?" she prodded him. He nodded. "I was planning on walking you to the dining hall today so we can eat together."

"Oh. Sorry, but..." Kyungsoon took a moment to think of a way to get out of this. Unfortunately, Chanyeol's little outburst earlier killed off a couple of her brain cells, so her mind was completely blank. She settled for the truth because oftentimes it's the best excuse. "I don't want to."

"But, but, I want to make it up to you for earlier by introducing you to my friends! They've been wanting to meet you for a while now," he confessed.

Okay, now I REALLY don't want to.

"I think I'll decline. Maybe another time." Kyungsoon didn't even make it two steps past him before he stepped in front of her, blocking her way. "Oh, please, Kyungsoon-ah~!" he pleaded, showing her his guilt-inducing puppy eyes.

Ugh, I have another Jongin to deal with. As if one wasn't enough.

She sighed and gave in to Chanyeol's antics. "Let's get this over with," she muttered under her breath. "What was that?" Chanyeol cocked his head to the side slightly, like a confused puppy. 

"Nothing, nothing!" she insisted.

"Okay, let's hurry then! I think you'll like my friends a lot. They're really funny, especially Baekhee noona!"

I doubt it, but sure, whatever you say.

And Kyungsoon let herself be dragged away by Chanyeol.

By the time they arrived, the dining hall was already filled with people. The first thing she thought upon entering: loud. Very loud. This is exactly why she liked eating lunch on the roof of the school. By herself. All alone. It was peaceful and quiet and not at all sad and pathetic like it sounds. Not only was the roof usually always empty, but the view was also a million times better than this. Here, she got to see hundreds of other students eating with their mouths open and the occasional PDA, not exactly what she wanted to see during her break period. And there was always the risk of a food fight breaking out. Yeah, sure, it's not high school anymore, but there's always that one idiot somewhere that's gonna start throwing everywhere, and the next thing you know, you've got an interesting mixture of red bean paste and ketchup spilling down your shirt.

However, out of all the others, one table stood out especially to Kyungsoon. Less than half of the seats were filled, yet the people there looked... questionable. And worst of all, Chanyeol was walking them towards that very table.

"Yah, Chanyeol!" a girl wearing heavy eyeliner called out when they got closer. Kyungsoon recognized her from her first day at SMU. "What took you so long?!"

There were only three other people at the table; a pretty girl (?) on his/her phone was giggling profusely while showing whatever was so interesting on it to a handsome blond man with a strong eyebrow game going on. The other guy who sat across from the pair at the table looked fairly bored and not at all interested at what was going on in front of him.

"Sorry, Baekhee, I was trying to convince her to come with me," Chanyeol told her. He noticed Kyungsoon standing slightly behind him and took hold of her hand, gently pulling her forward with a smile on his face. "This is Kyungsoon!" She stumbled forward from the sudden pull but still looked Baekhee right in the eyes after regaining her composure like nothing happened. She subtly slipped her hand from Chanyeol's and stood apart from him, not breaking eye contact with Baekhee, who noticed her sudden coldness towards him.

"Hey, aren't you that girl from my homeroom?" Chanyeol, Kyungsoon, and Baekhee turned to look at the person who spoke. "It's Jongdae, by the way." He winked.

Ah, yes. It was indeed the same guy Kyungsoon saw making moves on Ms. Kim just earlier today and basically every other day for the past two months.

Chanyeol opened his mouth in shock. "You have her for homeroom? Lucky..." he mumbled that last part.

"Yeah." Jongdae eyed her. Kyungsoon squirmed a bit under his scrutiny. What if he saw through her façade? She was in the midst of a plot to get rid of him when he spoke up finally. "She's the girl you've been obcessing over? Tch." Ignoring Jongdae's rude as comment (she will deal with this asswipe later), Kyungsoon turned to look at Chanyeol with a raised eyebrow. 

"Wh-what? N-no... I haven't been obcessing over anybody! Hahaha..." Chanyeol stuttered. He turned to her. "I haven't been obcessing over you. Don't listen to him." He said it with such a serious face, it was hard to believe.

The giggling from across the table ceased, only to be replaced by an obnoxious "pffffffft." Everyone turned to look at that person. "What's with all that following around then? I call it when I see it, and it looks a lot like stalking to me. If that's not what it is, then I'm a biological female." 

"Well, thanks for confirming my long-held belief that you're really just a manly girl because that wasn't stalking," Chanyeol countered. "What is it then?" the person asked innocently. Chanyeol stayed silent.

"Luhan, why are you talking? You're always creeping around that poor girl from across our homeroom. I'm surprised she hasn't asked to transfer out yet." Baekhee stepped in to help Chanyeol.

Huh. So he's actually a guy after all.

"Yeah, at least Chanyeol did his stalking right. This girl here didn't even know about it until we told her," Jongdae added. "You guys aren't helping..." Chanyeol said weakly. No one heard him.

"They've got a point, ge. You're really obvious when you do it. I'm not sure what you're doing even qualifies as stalking if that person knows about it," the blond said matter-of-factly.

"Gasp. Yifan, what are you implying?" Luhan said indignantly. To get his point across, the blond took the phone from Luhan's hands and began rapidly swiping the screen to scroll down. Everyone except Jongdae moved behind him as numerous pictures of a girl with pretty, cat-shaped eyes and round, white cheeks moved up the screen. "Ah, here it is." He pressed on one of them. "She's looking directly at you in this one, ge. Were you not paying attention when you took these photos?"

"Damn, Luhan. Half of these pictures are in burst mode, too. You have like zero chill," Baekhee shook her head.

"It's not my fault, ok. It's just... those cheeks. They remind me of steamed buns... so white and fluffy... I just want to  them... and maybe nibble on them a little just to see what they taste like..." Luhan became misty-eyed as he stared off into the distance.

What a shame. Such a pretty face, too...

"Ew, hyung, you're drooling. Gross," Jongdae frowned. In the meantime, Baekhee continued to go through the pictures like nobody's business while Yifan desperately shook Luhan's shoulders, hoping to bring him back from the afterlife.

Kyungsoon turned her attention from this mess towards Chanyeol. Her expectations were so low to the point of non-existence to begin with, and yet they still managed to disappoint her. But then, she's disappointed by almost everything unless it's EXO-related or Jongin, but even he can be a bit much to handle sometimes. He chuckled nervously. "My friends aren't usually wierd like this," he tried to explain. "Oh, yes we are~" Jongdae sing-songed. Chanyeol glared at him.

"Look, this–" she gestured to whatever this is, "was fun, but–" 

"NOONA! You're hereee~!"

Before Kyungsoon could turn around, a great weight threw itself against her from behind, and a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around her neck. "Jongin?!" Said person began nuzzling her, burying his face in her hair. "Took you long enough to get here," came a fake sniffle.

She rolled her eyes. "I wasn't missing much, now was I?"

"You were!" he whined and tightened his arms around her.

"Yah! Get off of me! Are you trying to break me?!" Kyungsoon struggled in his grasp until Chanyeol, with a look of disapproval (Was there a hint of jealousy in there also?), wrapped his own arms around Jongin's waist, trying to pull him off of her. But Jongin stubbornly held onto her, kicking his legs like a little kid as Chanyeol pulled on him and lifted him off the ground, causing Kyungsoon to be practically mauled backwards by these two idiots.

"Ahem, I'm still here y'know."

Jongin's attention shifted from Kyungsoon to another blond male and his hold on her slackened enough that she was able to slip out of it and catch her breath after nearly being choked to death. "Aish..." she tenderly rubbed her neck, which she was sure had imprints of Jongin's arm muscles. Chanyeol, satisfied with the fact that Jongin wasn't clinging to her anymore, released his grip on him.

Kyungsoon took a few moments to stabilize her oxygen supply while Jongin busied himself with introducing his friend, who apparently arrived with him earlier, to his favorite noona, which she only caught a portion of. "... is Oh Sehun!"

Kyungsoon narrowed her eyes murderously at him. This was the jackass who ran into her without so much as an apol-

"Hey, sorry for knocking you down last time," Sehun said sheepishly. Hm, maybe this guy isn't so bad? "You're so tiny, I didn't even see you, heh." Yup, total jackass.

"Man, you're a ," Baekhee crossed her arms. "The biggest though, am I right?" Sehun deliberately raised his hand for a very high high-five that she couldn't possibly reach, considering her height. She turned away from him, muttering something along the lines of "Maknaes these days..."

Kyungsoon, not in the mood for the oncoming of /short jokes brought by the arrival of Oh Sehun, left the group quietly without anyone noticing. Except Jongin, that is. He followed her into the hallways where it was more private.

"Noona, where are you going?" He was a bit worried about her, since she suddenly became suspiciously quiet. This wasn't anything new, but he didn't want to risk it. "It's nothing, Nini. I'm just going to the restroom. I'll be right back, okay?" Kyungsoon tried to sound as reassuring as possible and patted his shoulders.

As Jongin watched her leave, he sighed and lamented the soon-to-be death of another restroom stall door.

Sure enough, a few days later, Do Kyungsoon was seen entering the principal's office for unknown reasons.

 

______________________________________________

A/N - Oh my literal gods, i'm finally done with this chapter.

Sorry for the reeeeeally late update. Truth is, i finished most of it in a few weeks but I didn't like the original ending at all and had to re-write it like 5 times and it ended up staying as a draft for months ;A;

Finishing this chapter is the only productive thing i did so far over the summer. I feel so accomplished rn honestly LOL