Chapter 1

The Two Sides of Do Kyungsoon

All throughout high school, Do Kyungsoon was feared as the school's ice queen with a fiery temper thanks to some idiot/stalker who happened to witness her "tantrum" in the girls' restroom and decided to tattle to the entire population. 

Soon after, his face, much like the restroom stall door, received a nice dent, courtesy of the school's resident firecracker. He even got expelled, much to the latter's satisfaction, because "what was he doing in the girls' restroom in the first place?"

Kyungsoon, on the other hand, escaped with only a warning after breaking both a former student and school property. No school wants to lose their top student after all.

However, after that incident, the entire student body avoided confronting her unless spoken to except for a few cocky flirts who were never heard from again. She was like a goddess basically; everyone treated her with respect, tried to stay on her good side, and no one messed with her for fear of suffering her wrath. Kyungsoon didn't know whether this delicate treatment was good or not but she decided she liked it. Now she didn't have to bother talking with people unless she needed to. Yup, it was a good life after that. 

Things didn't get out of hand until freshman year of college when some got both of them kicked out of the JYP Institute of the Arts. He'd been trying to ask her out for months until she finally snapped in the last month of school and punched him clear across the face. In front of the principal. 

And this is how Do Kyungsoon found herself standing in front of Star Museum University, the most prestigious performing arts school in the country, as well as the only school that accepted her in with her current violent streak on the condition she attend some anger-managment classes.

Ugh, are people really expecting me to actually learn anything at the most overrated school on the planet? 

Kyungsoon took a deep breath and released it in a long sigh. 

Okay, you can do this. Just walk in, smile, and look pretty. 

And that's just what she did, or tried to do at least. Adjusting her EXO backpack, she walked up the stairway to the entrance of the school and was about to grab one of the polished door handles before the double doors burst open, and a tall, slender male ran into a startled Kyungsoon, effortlessly knocking her down onto the pavement. 

"Whoops! My bad!" and all she saw next was a platinum blond-haired boy jump-run down the steps with a bunch of, if she's correct, eyeliner in his hands, dropping some on the way. "What the flying hell was that," she muttered. 

Any question Kyungsoon had about what just happened was answered in the next three seconds when a girl, not much taller than her with brown, medium-length hair, rushed out of the doors. She was visibly out of breath and beyond pissed. 

"YAH OH SEHUN YOU LITTLE FACE, GET THE BACK HERE WITH MY EYELINER DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THOSE COST?!"

Kyungsoon was promptly ignored as the other girl's logic was that eyeliner and beating the crap out of this Oh Sehun was more important than helping out a not-so-innocent student up from the ground. 

The girl ran after him, yelling out more profanities and making a huge scene, turning a couple of heads on campus. 

With no one to help out poor, little Do Kyungsoon, she quickly stood up, dusting herself and her precious backpack, willing herself to calm down before she broke the glass on the doors in front of her. Once she felt the need to break necks pass, she finally made her way through the doors. Luckily for her, the office was located just to the left of the entrance because she was NOT in the mood to get lost in this enormous school looking for it.

She entered the office where there were a couple other students either talking with the staff or milling around, waiting for the bell to ring. There were wooden chairs with deep-red cushioning and the office itself was spacious and bright, with large windows letting in plenty of light. Kyungsoon looked around the room until she saw an important-looking man working in a separate office behind a glass wall. She was about to make her way over there when she felt her phone vibrate in the pocket of her uniform. She discreetly took it out to check who had texted her, but she already knew who it was since there's only one person she texts on a daily basis.

 

Jonginnie (7:48): Noona where are you i'm bored 

Me (7:48): I just got here, Nini. I'll meet you in a little while so just wait, okay? 

Jonginnie (7:48): yay

Jonginnie (7:48): you better hurry though noona. i'll try to save you a seat but if you're here late you're gonna have to sit by yourself ;)

Me (7:49): -.-

Me (7:49): Don't be a brat or I'll hit you.

Me (7:49): Okay, I have to go now. See you later.

Jonginnie (7:49): kk bye

Jonginnie (7:49): and btw you always say that but you never do cause you love me ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Kyungsoon smiled. Jongin is still the endearing little kid she met years ago, although now with just a bit more brat in him. But she doesn't mind. She makes a mental note to really hit him later when she has time. (Fortunately for Jongin, she ends up forgetting anyway.) 

She turned off her phone and walked over to the important-looking man's office. She knocked softly and could see the man look up at her with a look of recognition on his face. He beckoned for her to come in before reaching for a file, which she was assuming was hers, from a stack of papers. 

"Well, hello there! You must be Miss Do Kyungsoon, am I correct?" the man asked in a friendly voice.

"Yes, and um..." Kyungsoon tried to sound at grateful as her little self can be, "thank you for accepting me into this school." 

"It's no problem, and no need to be so stiff, Kyungsoon-ssi. We're all family at this university," he continued, "I'm Lee Soo-man, SMU's principal. It's a pleasure to meet you in person," he smiled warmly. 

"It's nice to meet you, too, Principal Soo-man."

He chuckled lightly. "I'm surprised a girl like you had to transfer schools because of violence." Kyungsoon tensed. "Anyway, you know where your homeroom is, right?" "Yes," she lied. Anything to get out of there as soon as possible. She felt like running away to punch out her embarrassment on a lamp post.

The bell rang. 

"Okay, you can go now. Remember not to pick fights with anyone, alright?" he said with an amused tone. Kyungsoon nodded quickly, with a slight tint of pink on her cheeks, and waved goodbye. 

As soon as she stepped foot out of the office into the hallways, she experienced a huge crowd of students making their way to their classes. 

Aish, how am I supposed to find my homeroom in this mess. 

Before she could do anything about it, Kyungsoon got caught in the tangled mass of people and was pushed and squeezed between them, towards a direction that could either be leading her closer to or farther away from her classroom whose location she doesn't even know of. She tried to make her way around the crowd, not that that was possible since they were literally everywhere and ohmygod if her backpack got ripped someone was gonna legit die.

"Hey Jongdae, did you hear about the new teacher that transferred over here during the summer? I heard Soo-man fawning over how great she was. Pretty creepy if you ask me."

"Oh yeah, Kim Junma right?"

Kyungsoon whipped her head around after hearing the name of her teacher and pinpointed the source of the voices to a group of rowdy guys standing to the side. 

"I heard she comes from good money, not to mention she's hot as hell." 

Kyungsoon rolled her eyes. Typical guy convo.

The guy with the cheekbones, Jongdae, responded with a "Yeah, I have her for homeroom," and a mischievous smile that curved slightly on the sides. 

"Man, you lucky bastard. I'm stuck with cranky old Lee again." 

Jongdae laughed, loud enough that Kyungsoon could hear him from across the hallway. "HA, for you~" He turned to leave. "See ya later losers. Have fun with Lee for me, 'kay?" That earned him a couple of ' yous' from his friends. 

He started towards the classroom, with Kyungsoon in close pursuit. It was pretty hard keeping up with him though, especially since she was shorter than everyone in the hall; twice she had to shove people out of the way so she wouldn't lose track of this Jongdae. 

She was relieved when he finally stopped in front of room M1 and walked in. With a look of determination, she jutted out her bottom lip to blow air on her bangs, which only fell right above her eyebrows.

Let's do this. 

She followed him inside to a classroom with about the same setting as the school office. She walked over to her teacher, those guys weren't kidding about her looks, to introduce herself. They waited at the front of the class until the tardy bell rang, which quieted most of the students.

"Hello, everyone and welcome to a new school year at SM University! My name is Ms. Kim and I'll be your homeroom teacher."

Kyungsoon could hear a few catcalls from the back, but her teacher ignored them and turned to her, signaling her turn to introduce herself to her classmates. 

"Hi, my name is Do Kyungsoon. It's nice to meet all of you." She bowed 90 degrees, her long, jet black hair falling past her shoulders, and smiled her sweet, heart-shaped smile she knew could win anyone over. A round of 'awwws' and 'she's so cute!' echoed throughout the classroom. 

Heh. These people are incredibly easy to fool.  

She could see Jongin waving both his arms in the air to get her attention, a big puppy smile on his face. Kyungsoon made her way to the empty seat next to him. As soon as she got within earshot, Jongin cutely repeated the remarks of their peers, "Awww... noona is so pretty and adorable." 

"Shut up."

"I love you, too," he giggled.

While Ms. Kim, or Junma because she insisted that she wasn't that much older than everyone, took attendance, Jongin took a quick nap, with Kyungsoon slowly brushing her hands through his hair to help him sleep better. She was a good noona to him, despite her short temper. When the bell rang to signal the end of homeroom, which was only a 15 minute class, Kyungsoon gently nudged Jongin, telling him it was time to go to their classes. She heard a sleepy murmur of "five more minutes, mommy" from him, not even bothering to lift his head from his crossed arms. She sighed. "Fine, I'll just leave you here then. Don't blame me if you're late."

On her way out, she saw Cheekbones flirting with Ms. Kim using the most cliché pick-up line of all time.

"I don't think God's too happy about losing his angel." He pointed towards the windows. At that exact moment, it started raining outside, quickly turning into a heavy shower. 

The hell? Okay, that kid's timing is freaky.

Needless to say, Ms. Kim was unimpressed. "Maybe you'll have better luck using that line on someone your own age, sweetie."

"But you said you were only a few years older than us, Junma," he frowned. 

"I know I did, and it's Ms. Kim to you," she corrected. "But you told us we could call you—" "Yeah, well, you just lost those privileges, young man," she smiled.

He opened his mouth to say something but decided it was the wisest decision to shut up and take his leave, for now. He brushed past Kyungsoon, muttering something unintelligible. 

"Now that was fun, wasn't it?" Ms. Kim winked at Kyungsoon, who was peeking from behind the door. Embarrassed about having been caught staring the whole time, she ran off to her next class, all the while still trying to preserve her dignity, if that was even possible in this situation.

~~~~~

The next two months were fairly uneventful, just the way Kyungsoon likes it. That kid Jongdae would hit on Ms. Kim everyday after class and get rejected (no surprise there). Jongin would always try to get her to eat lunch with him and his new friends but she would always politely decline, not too into the idea of having to deal with more people than necessary.

She quickly gained a reputation as SMU's next idol because of her demure looks and seemingly charming personality coupled with her strong vocal skills. Not that she cared, of course, since popularity meant more people around to pester her and Do Kyungsoon doesn't like people. She worked hard to maintain her status though or else there'd be an uproar if everyone found out that she was actually the devil reincarnate and Kyungsoon hates those even more than people. 

One particularly fateful day, as Kyungsoon was leaving her vocal classes, she heard a pair of heavy footsteps running from behind that practically shook the earth beneath her. 

"Hey! Wait!" a deep voice yelled.

Oh my god, is it one of those y, 50-year old teachers that Jongin told me to watch out for? No, just keep walking. He'll probably leave you alone. If it comes to the worst, I'll just kick him in the balls, that always works, hehe.

Nevertheless, she didn't look back and walked a bit faster. But the guy continued to get closer to her. She felt someone grab her wrist, and she turned around, prepared to do some serious jujitsu on this guy if he tried anything funny. She was surprised, not pleasantly keep in mind, to find a young man not much older than herself with big ears that stuck out from his cap. What she didn't like about this guy was how he towered over her, blocking out the existence of the sun. She shivered slightly, even though it was summer, thanks to this Leaning Tower of Pisa. 

Well, at least he isn't one of those es. Or maybe he is. It's always the innocent-looking ones that are creepy as .

This stranger with a boyish face went on to stare at Kyungsoon for a disturbingly long amount of time, his eyes big and unblinking. Okay, this guy was starting to piss her off; not only did he cut off her only supply of much-needed heat but her neck was starting to hurt from looking up at him. After five minutes of her precious time had passed, the giant finally spoke. 

"Woah... you're even prettier up close!" 

Who's this genius?

He leaned down towards Kyungsoon, his face getting way too close for comfort. "You're really tiny, too."

Uhm... maybe it's just the fact that you're ridiculously tall. 

Kyungsoon mentally sighed. "What do you want." It accidentally came out more as an order than a question so she smiled, hoping to hide her impatience, but of course this oblivious giant didn't notice.

"Oh right, I'm Park Chanyeol! Nice to meet you and welcome to SM University!" he said in a loud, booming voice that matched his monstrous height. "I know I'm a little late with this..."

Yeah, like 2 months late, nice going.

"...but if you need help with anything, just come ask me!" 

"Sure!" Kyungsoon chirped. 

Don't count on it. 

Chanyeol grinned, revealing two rows of perfect white teeth that almost blinded her eyes. He was about to say something else, but she expertly cut him off with a lame excuse just so she could get away from him. But, hey, as long as he bought into it, she's good. 

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then, Kyungsoon-ah!"

As soon as she turned her back to leave, a grimace made its way on her face. And it's official. Do Kyungsoon has a headache now.

 

______________________________________________

A/N - Yay I finally finished the first chapter! I told myself to keep it under 1k though... oops i guess ;D

All of the EXO-K members and Chen have been introduced now I just need the rest of EXO-M (Kris and Luhan included cause they're all my babies and I need me some of that Xiuhan <3)

I just wanted to let you know EXO exists in this au hence Kyungsoon's backpack so there will be mentions of them here and there. 

Sorry there wasn't too much Chansoo  yet but I needed like 2.5k words (kill me now pls) to introduce stuff but there will be more in the next chapter, i promise! Anyways, I hope you guys like what I've come up with so far I'm so nervous rn >.<