Endearing Love

Opposing Love

Jungkook's eyes shot open at a sudden noise.

He must have fallen asleep.

He looked to the door and swallowed hard.

V's silhouette approached slowly into the dim light once again.

Jungkook didn't forget that V said he would recieve no mercy.

"Jeon Jungkook. What school did you attend just a few years back?" V asked. Jungkook frowned and tried to clear his mind of death before he could answer.

"Seoul High." Jungkook answered.

"And what happened during your last year there?" V asked, stepping closer. Jungkook lowered his eyes as his lips became dry.

"I..." Jungkook started. He barely remembered anything from his school days except...

Jungkook's eyes went huge and his mouth hung.

"So now you remember." V said behind clenched teeth as he gripped onto the chair just past Jungkook's shoulder. V used his free hand to grabbed Jungkook's chin and forced Jungkook to look him in the eye.

Jungkook narrowed his brows.

"I'm sorry."

"Shut up. I'm not easy anymore." V growled as he threw Jungkook's chin down forcibly.

Jungkook bit his bottom lip.

He didn't think he'd ever see Kim Taehyung again. Let alone him as a member of the Mafia.

"If you let me go, we can start all over again." Jungkook suggested. "You don't have to do this."

Taehyung scoffed and stood in front of Jungkook with clenched teeth before punching him.

Jungkook stayed facing to his right and adjusted his jaw.

"Drown in your dark lies, there's no getting out now." Taehyung said, grabbing Jungkook's bangs and punching him again. "Does that hurt? Huh? That's how I felt when you left!" 

Taehyung punched him again and again in the same area.

"You said you wouldn't leave then you disappear! And you've forgotten?!" Taehyung yelled angrily as he punched Jungkook in the gut.

Jungkook spit out blood and glared at Taehyung.

"I didn't leave on purpose. I left because I thought I could save the world in less than a year. But it took years and I forgot about you as I drowned myself in studies. But while I was gone...I decided never to love again. I missed you so much." Jungkook's eyes welded with tears at the thought. "So yes, it hurts and I did forget you. But because I left...I'm used to it. It doesn't hurt anymore. Does it still hurt you?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung socked Jungkook across the face again, bruising it deeper.

"It didn't until now." Taehyung said breathlessly. Jungkook re-adjusted his jaw and spit out more metalic blood before peering back up at Taehyung.

"Then why now-"

Taehyung had cranked his neck and tasted Jungkook's blood. His eyes shut tight, hands on each side of his prisoner's head, and tongue angry.

Taehyung tried pushing his way in but Jungkook kept his lips tightly shut. So he tried the other side but Jungkook wouldn't budge.

Taehyung lowered one fist and punched Jungkook hard in the abs, but it was no use.

Then Taehyung remembered a trick he'd use back when they were still together. 

Taehyung slowly reached for Jungkook's armpit and tickled, recieving a stifled grunt.

He's got him now.

Taehyung immediately stuck his tongue in, tasting all the metal in Jungkook's mouth and swallowing. 

Jungkook couldn't believe Taehyung remembered that trick. Maybe they weren't entirely lost.

Jungkook struggled to get free and breathe, becoming lightheaded from air loss. 

He bit Taehyung's tongue hard enough it sent Taehyung out so he could finally breathe again.

Taehyung wiped his mouth and pressured his tongue against his lower lip.

"You little twerp. You could have just asked." He said, dabbing his tongue on his index to see if he was  bleeding. Jungkook glared at him with dark eyes.

"You remembered." Jungkook said in whisper. Taehyung scoffed and pushed back on his heels.

"How could I forget such a weakness? I always got what I wanted from doing that." Taehyung said, reaching into his pocket. Jungkook held his breath.

Is it going to be a knife?

Taehyung held out a tiny keychain with a small dog hanging off of it.

Jungkook's heart sped but he kept a poker face.

"This is all you leave me before diappearing for years. Not a letter. Just a tiny dog to keep me company while you were gone. So give me one reason I shouldn't kill you now." Taehyung said, dropping the chain to the cold, metal floor.

Jungkook shook his head.

"That was my letter. You were asleep when I said my goodbye. I didn't want to wake you because you looked like an angel. I didn't want you to cry. So I left you the chain that I always kept with me since grade school. And I thought once you found it, we'd be together again. Because if I could keep one tiny chain that was barely visible for so long, I could keep you for longer." Jungkook confessed.

Taehyung's brows knitted and his eyes began turning a faint red.

"So let's stay together. Even if I have to die, that's fine. As long as you don't forget, I'll be with you." Jungkook said.

Taehyung bit his lips and reached into his pocket after a long silence.

His heart hurt and his head...He was so confused. He had blamed Jungkook for everything that happened to him and everything that was going to happen to him.

Death.

But now that he knew the truth, he felt as if he had been a fool to blame Jungkook for his own actions. When he joined the Mafia, he had wanted to find Jungkook and kill him.

But now, Taehyung found himself confused and lost.

Taehyung pulled out a knife from his pocket and stepped closer to Jungkook. He bent down to Jungook's eye level with sorry eyes and shaky lips.

"I'm sorry. But I won't do it. We can never be together." 

Then Taehyung cut the ropes that binded his one special person to the metal chair and let him free. Taehyung stepped back and stared at the floor with clenched fists.

"Go. Before he returns." Taehyung said, reffering to Yoongi.

Jungkook rubbed his bruised wrists and ankles as he stood. He stepped up to Taehyung, making Taehyung step back. They repeated this cycle until Taehyung's back was pressed to the cold, metal wall.

Jungkook wrapped his hand gently around Taehyung's hand that held the knife. Jungkook then slowly and gently slipped the knife out of Taehyung's grip.

He dropped the knife to the floor, making Taehyung flinch, then reached back for Taehyung's hand.

He intertwined their fingers and squeezed.

"I want to be with you. I want to keep you for a while longer, Tae." Taehyung's heart jumped at the familiar nickname. "Let's be together again. This time I won't leave, promise." Jungkook promised.

Taehyung brought his free thumb up and wiped the rest of Jungkook's blood off his chin. He smiled slightly afterward, eyes glinting.

That's why his eyes seem different. Jungkook thought. He hasn't smiled as much as he did back then.

Jungkook leaned inward and slid a hand to the back of Taehyung's neck to bring him down for a sweet kiss.

Jungkook felt Taehyung's hand twitch and tighten as he pulled away. Taehyung didn't seem to want to let go as well.

"Kookie, no. Don't do this. It'll only hurt the both of us more." Taehyung begged. Jungkook smiled at the use of his nickname. 

Whatever Taehyung just said, he didn't mean.

Taehyung cupped Jungkook's cheek and kissed the bruise he gave him gently.

"I'm sorry. I was just so angry." Taehyung apologized.

"No. I deserved it." Jungkook said. Taehyung pursed his lips and held a hard face.

"No. You didn't. Now you should go." Taehyung said. Jungkook didn't budge.

"No. I don't want to leave you again. Come with me." Jungkook said, tugging Taehyung's hand. Taehyung didn't think twice before running out the door with Jungkook beside him.

 

"So that's why?" Jimin said. "Are you sure they won't find out?" Jimin asked Yoongi.

Jimin lie in Yoongi's arms underneath the sheets. 

"Of course they won't. We'll be out of here by that time anyway." Yoongi said surely. Jimin nodded and couldn't help but smile.

"Okay. So we leave tomorrow then." Jimin said. Yoongi nodded just as Jimn's phone went off. Jimin reached for it and answered immediately when he saw that the caller was Jungkook.

"Jungkook! Are you alright?!" Jimin asked immediately. 

"Yeah. Where are you?"

"I'm at a hotel. Where are you?"

"Umm. Running? It's a long story and I don't have time. Tell me where you are."

Jimin gave Jungkook the hotel name and room number.

A few seconds later, Jungkook arrives with Taehyung at his side.

"What happened to you?" Jimn asked, observing Jungkook's face once they closed the door.

"Nothing. Just a little bruise." Jungkook said.

"Little? You call this little?"

"When did you care so much anyway." Jungkook mumbled. 

Yoongi noticed Jungkook and Taehyung were holding hands.

"What did I miss?" Yoongi asked rhetorically. Taehyung scratched the back of his head and smiled slightly. "I'm guessing you've decided. Now are we going?" He asked. Taehyung and Jimin nodded.

"Wait. Going where?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung turned to his white bunny.

"The states." Taehyung said. Jungkook was still lost.

"Wait. Why?"

"We're ditching the Mafia and you're ditching the police force. Well, for right now at least." Yoongi said.

"But why?"

"They're not following the rules anymore so we're getting them caught. That's why I've been trying to attract so much attention to my group. Got it?" Yoongi explained.

Jungkook's glass shattered and he finally understood.

"Now let's go." Yoongi said. "I have a private plan so let's board it and leave for the states."

Everyone nodded and followed Yoongi.

Jimin and Jungkook called in to work and told their boss they suspected the Mafia had gone to the states. They had full permission to leave and they also told the police department that there was going to be illegal drug dealing going on in an abandoned building, with the help of Yoongi.

They were off to the states.

Maybe everything would be fine.

Maybe they could be together now.

Maybe it can happen.

Maybe they could love now.

Love without insecurity, anger, or hurt.

Opposing love is how it should have ended but instead, it ended with

                                                                                     endearing love.