A Plan

Opposing Love

Park Jimin sat in his desk with unlimited photos of his newly assigned culprit,

Suga.

Jimin sighed deeply.

He thought he'd never recieve a case like this, especially to find such a person.

Why can't they just stop bothering the Mafia?

"Jimin."

Jimin's hat almost slipped out of his fingers as he turned to his office's open door. 

Jeon Jungkook, his partner, stood in the doorway holding a baige folder.

"You're not in uniform again? Are you going out?" Jungkook asked as he made his way to Jimin's desk.

Jimin wore a baseball cap and simple t-shirt.

"The uniforms are too itchy and tight." Jimin tried. Jungkook dropped the folder he was holding on Jimin's photos.

"You forgot the second question." Jungkook said, crossing his arms. Jimin blew a rasberry and ignored the question by flipping through the folder.

"We're dealing with Mafia so go change out of that ridiculous outfit." Jimin suggested. Jungkook scoffed.

"It's a uniform and maybe you should change too. I hear if they see too much bicep, they'd think you want a challenge." Jungkook said as he leaned on Jimin's desk. It was Jimin's turn to scoff.

"Who'd you hear that from? Hoseok?" Jimin asked, chuckling. Jungkook blew bubbles with his white cheeks and grabbed his folder from Jimin's hands.

"I just came in here to tell you boss wants us out and about in ten, Kid." Jungkook informed before stepping out.

"Yah! I'm older than you, Weasel!" Jimin shouted after Jungkook, who was already out of sight.

Jimin groaned and began packing up his files and Suga's precious photos.

How he dreaded this case.

 

"They're on to you." Jimin said to the ceiling of a hotel room.

"Finally."

"And you're not at all worried?" Jimin asked, moving so he could see to his right.

"Why would I? I was trying to make it obvious all along."

"Why?" Jimin asked, bewildered.

"You know I don't like hiding."

"I know but...I don't think it'll ever happen." Jimin said, saddened.

"Really? I do."

"I know you do. You always do. But I...I'm not like you. I feel like I'm waiting for something that's never going to happen. And I'm always insecure about it all." Jimin said honestly as he moved upward on the bed, closer to the warmth beside him.

Min Yoongi cupped Jimin's left cheek and lowered down beside him from his sitting position.

"Jimin. Life isn't simple and it never will be. But if you really try going through with it, you won't hurt as much in the end." Yoongi said, giving Jimin a sweet kiss on the temple.

Jimin didn't smile as he spoke.

"Me. It's me." Jimin said in a whisper. Yoongi closed his eyes and steadied his breathing. Jimin moved Yoongi's hand from his jawline and tried looking at Yoongi's reaction but Yoongi kept it hidden. 

Yoongi kept his head down as he decided on what to do.

He never should have made his actions come out so obvious.

"Just stay hidden for a while so I can find an excuse on not being able to find you." Jimin suggested, breaking the silence. Yoongi shook his head and looked up into Jimin's glassy eyes.

"Hide in the shadows? What's the point?" Yoongi asked. jimin shook his head.

"I don't know. I just can't see you locked up-"

"But that's how you fell in love with me." Yoongi interrupted. He grabbed Jimin by the shoulder. "It will happen. Just keep my word. I'll think of a plan." 

Jimin peered into Yoongi's glinty eyes with hope in his own. Then he nodded.

"Okay. I trust you." Jimin said. 

A few hours of chatting and cuddling then Jimin had to head to work again.

"Jimin-ah." Yoongi called after Jimin as he re-tied his tie before Jimin could leave. "What was your partner's name again?" 

"Jungkook. Why?"

"Last name?" Yoongi asked, ignoring the second part.

"Jeon."

 

Jungkook flipped through his files of the culprit named

V.

None of the photos showed his face entirely but his eyes captured Jungkook's soul.

Jungkook had been scanning photo after photo of V for hours now. But he couldn't get enough. He felt imprisoned and strapped to a chair, literally.

It doesn't say much in the few documents he has of V except the fact that he tortured his victims before decapitating them.

Great. Why couln't I have had that Suga guy instead?

Jungkook felt a shiver up his spine and dropped the pile of photos on his desk. He looked around to notice that most rooms were dark. Then he looked at the clock in his office. 

It read 5:48.

"A.m. or p.m.?" He asked himself.

"A.m." 

Jungkook whipped his head to the door and to his relief, found Jimin looking at him with a hard face.

"What are you still doing here? You have bags forming under your eyes and your viens are bright red." Jimin pointed out, convinced that Jungkook didn't know. Jungkook rubbed his eyes with a yawn.

"I was just going through V's documents and lost track of time." Jungkook said as Jimin moved closer to see the files again.

"But I looked at it yesterday and he had nothing useful in his documents-"

Jungkook smacked Jimin's hand and collected the file hastily.

"I'm going home to rest. You can start looking into it in more depth by yourself. I'll be back by twelve."

"But-"

Jungkook shoved past Jimin with his items and hurried out, not realizing he had dropped a photo.

Jimin picked it up and frowned.

He doesn't look familiar.

 

Jungkook was walking down an empty, quiet street when his vision went black.

He awoke in a dimly lit room with a single lightbulb hanging overhead.

He squinted to see his surroundings and he could feel the cold.

He moved his hands to rub his arms but couldn't. He felt as though he was caught. 

Dread filled his mood and his face darkended.

He was strapped to a chair with rope in a cold, dim, metal room. He swallowed hard and hoped he was in a dream where he was a hero and could magically free from his bonds. 

It wasn't a dream.

He tried jerking the ropes loose and clenched his fist when he heard footsteps right outside the huge metal door he hadn't noticed earlier.

A moment later, the door unlatched with a loud boom then a sqeak right after.

Jungkook held his breath and swallowed past a knot in his throat.

It was a man in a suit. A very handsome man. He wore a tie and beside him was another man. The man was a little shorter than him and he looked very familiar.

Jungkook's eyes grew wide.

Suga.

Suga whispered something to the handsome man before leaving and shutting the two in.

Jungkook tried making out the man in the shadows but could only make out his fine physique.

The man sighed deeply as if he was unhappy about being there with Jungkook then he stepped closer.

"Jeon Jungkook." The man said in a bass tone, making Jungkook flinch and tug at his bonds. "You used to be a marine. You have a mother, a father, and a brother. Hm. Childhood must have been too easy." He said before finally reaching the area of light in front of Jungkook.

Jungkook immediately cowered a little at the pair of eyes lain on him.

"But too bad you had to grow up and join the police force. Now I'm going to have to kill you." The man took out a knife.

"D-Don't you torture people first?" Jungkook asked, to buy time. The dashing man halted and smirked, making Jungkook's heart skip, then he put his knife back into his coat pocket.

"Hmm. Torture." The man hummed as he stepped right in-between Jungkook's thighs. 

Without warning, he grabbed Jungkook's bangs and jerked his head back harshly.

"I've never actually done that but..." His eyes trailed down Jungkook's torso. "Never hurts to try." 

Damn it, Hoseok!

Jungkook's adam's apple bobbed as he gulped again, it being a habit of his when he gets nervous.

Jungkook really hoped it was past twelve and Jimin was desperately searching for him, but that was beyond reality.

Jimin was probably out doing whatever it is he does all day and not looking into the cases.

"How much do you know about me?" The man asked suddenly but also in a deadly tone. Jungkook shook his head.

"Nothing. I don't know who you are." He didn't want to say anything about decapitation. The man scoffed and took out his knife again. He held it out in front of Jungkook's eyes bt Jungkook couldn't seem to look at it.

Jungkook was staring into the soul of the man's eyes. Then it clicked.

"V." 

V jerked Jungkook's hair and put the knife to Jungkook's neck.

"So you do know who I am." V said accusingly, making intense eye contact with Jungkook. Jungkook swallowed again and tried breaking free from his bonds, making V finally blink from the noise.

V smirked, making Jungkook's heart skip a few beats, as he let go of Jungkook's hair and eye Jungkook's roped wrists and ankles.

V moved the knife down to Jungkook's police uniform and stabbed in lightly, just enough so Jungkook would feel discomfort.

"First, I'll rid of your uniform. Second, I'll scar your limbs. Then..." V's eyes seemed to glint but it was only for a second, making Jungkook question if he was imagining things.

V removed his knife from Jungkook's uniform then stepped back and put his knife away.

"Don't expect any mercy when your time comes, Jeon Jungkook." V warned before walking out the toom and shutting the squeaky door.

Once V was sure the door was shut, he took a deep breath then let it out slowly.

"Jeon Jungkook." He repeated in a whisper to himself, smiling softly. "Finally."

 

Jimin stepped into the hotel room he spent most his days in since the day Yoongi was released from jail.

"Hey!" 

Jimin turned around in his swivel chair. 

He had just gotten the job as jail watch and was still nub at it but it didn't mean he was entirely gullible.

"What do you need?" Jimin questioned.

"Someone to talk to." The prisoner stuck his hand in-between the bars. "Name's Yoongi or you can call me Suga. That's my thug name." Yoongi pointed out. Jimin wasn't sure he was alowed to touch the prisoners but Yoongi gave off a calm vibe that told him everything was going to be alright.

Jimin took his hand and was immediately pulled into a kiss.

At this time, Jimin was not interested in men but Yoongi was an exception.

Jimin heard the keys jangle but he felt the toxic of this Yoongi thug's lips. 

His thug name spoke the truth.

Jimin heard the metal door unlock and squeak open slightly.

Then he felt the warmth leave his lips and suddenly, he felt empty.

He looked up and at the hallway to see Yoongi look back at him.

Yoongi's eyes were endearing and his lips abused by his own teeth.

It didn't seem he wanted to leave just yet but footsteps were approaching from his right.

They'd probably catch him and lock him up forever.

He ran because he knew they'd find each other again and they'd get to love.

Even if Yoongi was a thug and Jimin a policeman.

They'd find the oppurtunity to love properly one day.

But the day would not come and Jimin was losing faith. 

Losing passion.

But then it suddenly returned as he felt arms around his waist and breathing on his skin.

He knows they'll last a while longer.

Besides, no one knows about them.

And Yoongi had a plan.

What was the plan?

"You what?!" Jimin shouted, peeling out and away from Yoongi.

"I did that for us-"

"No! He didn't do anything! Go tell them not to kill him!" Jimin demanded. "He's my partner and I don't want anyone else for the job!" 

Yoongi caught Jimin's wrists and tried holding him still but he wouldn't stop struggling so Yoongi pushed him up against the wall.

"Listen! I told Taehyung that he could decide. And once he decides, I can't do anything about it." Yoongi reasoned. Jimin refused to look Yoongi in the eye.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jimin said in a low tone before turning to Yoongi and shouting. "Why didn't you tell me the plan first?! You said it was for us! But there was no us!" Jimin pounded Yoongi's chest, Yoongi letting him do so. "You jerk! I hate you! Why did you have to kiss me?! I'd be perfectly fine right now if you hadn't butted in! I hate you-hate you-hate you!!" Jimin screamed before finally giving up and resting his face in Yoongi's chest.

Yoongi let Jimin's wrists fall and embraced Jimin's head. Yoongi put his mouth next to Jimin's ear.

"You can hate me all you want. But remember. You said you trusted me. And a long time ago, you let me out of that jail cell and let me come back. So I should be hating you. But I just happen to ing love you so much it hurts." Yoongi pulled away and held Jimin at arm's length. "So stop hating me and love me instead."

Jimin nodded, rubbing his eyes.

"I love you, Yoon-"

Yoongi took Jimin's sweet lips.

It hurt too much to wait.