Phone Call

Heartbeats

_

"Amber, can you please look after Eunyoung for a while? I needed to go to the mall"

Clothes tossed everywhere, luggage opened and scattered and cabinets widely opened. That was the current state of Amber and Tiffany's hotel room. The latter was annoyed enough when the cabinets were too little for her to fit her clothes in that she decided to spend some and she knew all too well she wanted to have more pink.

"Tiff, don't you ever try and buy too much pink"

"Talk to my hand Amber" with that she left with her things wearing a victorious smile om her face. "Appa, I want to eat" Eunyoung pouted as he rubbed his stomach emphasizing his hunger.

"Okay, what do you want to eat?"

"Spaghetti and toasts and bananas and fried rice and..."

"Woah there Eunyoung are you sure you can finish everything?"

"Uhuh"

"Fine. I'm going to cook you those let me just call your mom to buy us ingredients for next time" Eunyoung clapped his hands in joy and followed Amber towards the kitchen.

Amber was just starting to heat the pan when her phone vibrated on her side. Answering it, she heard a man's voice on the other line.

"Hello Ms.Liu, this is Dongwoo Lee the one you contacted for your house?"

"Uh yeah Mr.Lee good morning. Any news yet?"

"Actually I have a good news for you, we found one for sale, two blocks away from SCMS. A two story contemporary house and lot, only 2 months used, with 3 bedrooms and two toilet and bath. Perfect for you, your wife and your kid."

"Uh...yeah thanks. When can we view the unit? And are you sure it falls under our 200,000 dollar budget?"

"You can view the unit tomorrow but I will not be there, instead, my friend will accompany you. Don't worry she's good. I'll call you back about the meeting time and place"

"Sure, kindly call me back immediately, thanks."

"More than welcome Ms.Liu"

_

"Krystal! You're phone's ringing!" Luna called from the living room, Krystal was busy preparing food for her visitor that she was too engrossed to forget her phone. Her friend Dongwoo, told her that he has a client that needs assistance tomorrow she is not yet sure about the time and place and she was waiting long for the call.

"Hello?" She was sautéing vegetables with her shoulders holding the phone to her ears.

"Krystal! I got the client for tomorrow. Can you meet them up at the same old cafe at around 9 am? She has a wife and a kid"

"She?"

"Yup, a couple from Japan. Very cute and both are doctors. They have a kid whom I think is 3 years old."

"Oh. Okay sure I'll be there as early as possible."

"Thanks girl, I owe you big time"

"No problem"

Krystal hung up. So there's a couple of both girls and has a kid. Just like what she dreamt of Amber and her. She's been asking herself where Amber could be, what happened to her career, if

she's happy or if she might be even thinking of her. But she knew, she knew Amber will be back and this time, she'll never let her go.

"Who's that?" She almost jumped to her feet when she felt Luna's breath behind her.

"A friend from the real estate industry. He asked me to assist his client for a house visit."

"And you accepted it?"

"Of course, I'm going to het 5,000 dollars for it you know"

"Woah. You're going big time. Any background of the client?" "A couple, both girls with a kid"

“Just like what you dreamt with her”

“A dream I’m not sure if I can achieve”

“It’s been more than 5 years Krys, Are you still waiting?”

“If I can wait a lifetime, I would. Amber always sticks to her promises and I trust that.”

“Okay then”

 

_

“Appa! I want to go to the zoo today you promised me. Then we’ll go to the amusement park right?” Eunyoung was fully dressed and his backpack on his shoulders, he was holding the cap Amber gave to him months ago and his pout displayed extreme disappointment of the fact that he’ll not be able to fulfill his wants.

“Eunyoung – ah, I told you we are going to visit a house right?”

“But Appa” He whined, hugging Amber’s legs.

Amber glanced at Tiffany with worry in her eyes, they are supposed to meet the agent today and at this rate she fears she needs to reschedule.

“How about this Eunyoungie, your appa will accompany you to the zoo and then I’ll just follow. I’ll meet the agent today, we need to get a house as soon as we can”

“Nice Idea Tiff, so let’s go?” Amber smiled at the kid who jumped in joy, running around the house and came back holding his teddy bear.

“Let’s go now Appa?”

“Yeap”

Amber dropped Tiffany off the coffee shop where they agreed to meet, she took a seat beside the windows while she waited for the agent to come. Fifteen minutes passed and soothing voice spoke beside her.

“Ms. Hwang?, I’m Jung SooJung. The agent sent by Mr. Dongwoo for today’s viewing”

Tiffany stood and bowed at the girl before her, somehow she thinks she recognize the face but hardly remembers where and when.

“I’m sorry if I can’t get my partner and kid here, my son literally used every aegyo he could just to drag her to the zoo”

“It’s okay ma’am, how old is he anyway?”

“Just call me Tiffany please, he’s 4 a lively kid.”

“And your partner?”

“We met six years ago in Japan, she just transferred for her doctoral degree in cardiothoracic surgery. We became roommates and she really helped me a lot when Eunyoung came.”

“You’re both Doctors?”

“Yes, she’s a surgeon and I’m a cardiologist. Quite a pair”

“So you’re coming back here in Korea for good?”

“Yes. She’s hoping to meet with someone here.” They both grew quite until Krystal invited her to visit the unit.

Tiffany immediately liked the house Krystal presented, she can immediately imagine what it would be if they moved there, surely Eunyoung will love it and Amber can install a mini playground for them to play at. The grounds were too spacious and she even thought of taking care of a dog.

“I like this one. We can both pay this in cash and maybe refurnish it for more rooms too.”

“Will you wait until your partner comes and see it?”

“Yeah, if you don’t mind, can we please go to the amusement park first? Amber and Eunyoung might be there”

Krystal froze with the name she just heard, she was questioning herself if it’s really Amber Liu, if Eunyoung is their kid and if Tiffany is her wife. She waited so long for her and now she’ll just go and realize that she was long forgotten.

“Soojung – ah, are you okay?” Tiffany noticed the sudden change in her mood.

“uh – nothing. We can go now”

Krystal was almost trembling during their travel towards the park, she was praying that her thoughts were wrong that it was just another Amber and fate was just toying her but she felt her world crushed when she her, the real Amber Liu holding a kid in her arms and waving towards Tiffany.

Amber didn’t notice her when they got to Tiffany, Tiffany even kissed the child’s head and they were laughing while she narrated what happened.

Amber changed a lot, she grew taller and her body was more lean than before, she was oozing with confidence and of course she can’t deny that she was too rich than before.

“Hey Am, meet SooJung. The agent for the house” Amber turned and she froze when her eyes met with the eyes of the girl she’s been longing to see. She took slow steps towards her but stopped when tears started to fall from Krystal’s eyes.

“K – Krys…” Another step and Krystal ran away from her. She said goodbye to Eunyoung & Tiffany who told her to follow Krystal.

“Umma, Who is she?” The kid asked Tiffany.

“Remember the girl Amber told us before? The only woman she loves?”

“Uh huh”

“She’s the one”

“She is Appa’s girl?”

“Yes”