New Room

Exchange Student

He ditched the class today. I didn't saw him in schoolgrounds the whole day.

It was a tiring day. It feels good to lie down on my bed. My stomach is growling. I'm hungry. There's still pasta in the refrigerator.

I stood up and opened the refregirator to check the pasta. It was still on its container and I put it on the microwave.

While waiting for my pasta, burnt smell filled the room. I immediately checked the microvawe and realized there was a metal fork inside the container. Arghh! What will I do.

I'm on adreline to do something but it was too late.
Damn. The microvawe exploded.

I placed my arms against my face. I felt a very hot or probably burning sensation. I felt water falling from the fire sprinklers throughout my body. And I didn't know what happened next.

I woke up inside the school clinic with Jackson on my side. 
"Jingyi, are you alright?" Jackson looked so concerned. 
"Yes. But my arms hurt a little"
I looked at my arms and it was wrapped in a bandage.
"The doctor said it was a second degree burn so it would take time to heal" Jackson replied. 
"It's alright. It does not hurt that bad" I smiled.

Jackson invited me over dinner. 
"I already sent your clothes to the laundry since it got wet because of the fire sprinklers." He said.
"Thanks Jackson" I replied. 
"Also the landlady said that there will be a renovation in your room so you need to transfer to another room" 
"So where will I transfer?" I asked. "There was no available room in the girl's dormitory so they decided to let you transfer to the vacant room in our dormitory. But dont worry it's safe there. Your room is the nearest to the entrance so you wont need to pass by other rooms." He explained. 
"So I think I need to fix my things now" I said. 
"I've already brought your things there and fixed it" he smiled.

"I don't know how to thank you. Just let me know if you need something. I'll be glad to help you." I dont know what to say to him since he did everything for me. 
"You don't need to I'd like to help you anyway" he smiled

After eating, he brought me to my new room.

"This is your room" he's opening the door of room 101. "Thanks Jackson"

We entered the room.
"There is a problem with this room" he's pointing a piece of wood that's leaning on the wall. 
"What's that?" I asked. 
"There's a hole there. The person who stays on the other room is Choi Youngjae. He doesn't talk that much to girls so you don't need to worry" He explained. 
"It's okay. Were classmates then so it would be fine" I replied with a smile. 
"I've already asked the maintenance to fix this, they said they're busy but will find time to fix this" he assured me. 
"I tried checking Youngjae awhile ago but he's not around. I kept knocking but was no answer"

He continued talking but what is running into my mind was the incident that morning. Was that because of he was rejected.

It was late already so he need to go back to his room.

"Before I forgot. Here is your phone." He handed it to me. 
"You were lucky that it was inside your pocket that's why it did not get wet. I put my number there just call me if you need help, want someone to talk to or anything." He smile before walking towards the door. He waved at me before closing the door.

Thanks Jackson for all your help. I said to myself. Atlast I can now have a good sleep.

▶▶▶▶▶▶
I woke up early to prepare for school. Two days have passed when I tranferred here but there is still no sign that someone is in the next room I can't feel a presence of anyone there and he's still not attending the class.

I usually like going to school early. After doing my things, I went out of my room. While closing the door I heard a familiar voice.

"Are you okay now?" I looked back and it was Mark. MARK TUAN. I can feel my cheek heating up. Damn. I'm blushing. 
"Yes. It's just a small injury" 
I smiled. "You should be careful next time" he smiled back. His perfect smile melts me inside. My cheeks still burning 
"Let's go. I don't think you like to be late right?" He started walking. I just followed him.

Today I'm going to school together with MARK TUAN. Dream come true. I'm fascinated by this moment.

We arrived at their building.
He looked back at me "I'll be going now" he smiled at me before entering their building.

I froze in my place. Butterflies in my stomach.

▶▶▶▶▶▶
The box of pen was still on the front table. Still no signs of Youngjae is felt in the class.

My phone buzzed.

From: Li Meiying

"Hey. I heard what happened. How are you? Next time take care of yourself."

Meiying is my bestfriend. We've been friends since gradeschool. It was our first time to be distant with each other.

"I'm doing fine now. Jackson is here, he helped me. By the way who told you about it?"

I replied. And she also did

"From Mark."

I stared blankly on my phone, after I read her message. Everything's looking fine now even I'm not doing anything. My plan is taking its place. Could it be possible that Mark likes me too or I'm just overthinking on things.

I'm still daydreaming when Bambam tapped me and said I'm late for the afternoon class. I looked at my watch. It's already past 1pm. I stood up immediately and go to my class.

Youngjae still did not attend the afternoon class. The pathetic pen on his table bothers me.

Bell rings. dismissal. 
I was about to go home already but Hana invited me to have coffee. I agreed since I don't have any thing to do after class.

She handed me a cup of iced americano then sat infront of me. 
She smiled "So how was your new room?" "It's just the same with my old room" I replied.

After talking about school stuffs, she opened the topic that I think she really wanted to talk about that's why she asked me out.
"Youngjae's not attending the class for three days already." She started the topic about Youngjae. I don't know what to say so I just nod at her. "I know that your room is next to him" she said. 
"I think his not in his room" I answered. 
"But could you please check on him for me?" She asked me.
"I know you heard what happened that day" She bowed down "I really don't have the courage to face him. You were the only person I know who can help me"

Why me? I don't think I can help her either.

"I can't accept Youngjae's feelings but he's my friend so I'm still concerned to him" She sounds so sad. 
"So please help me" She pleaded again.

She looks so sad so I have no other choice but to help this girl.

"Okay. Dont worry. I'll check on him for you" I smiled at her. 
"Thank you Jingyi. I really don't know what to do now" She looks relieved.

After that conversation with Hana. I immediately went home to check on Youngjae. I knocked on his door but there was no answer. Maybe he's still not here. So I went back to my room.

Minutes have passed when someone knock on my door. I immediately opened the door. It was Jackson.

"This is your laundry. I know this is heavy so I got it for you" he smiled. "You don't need to. I can get it by myself." I replied. 
"But I have it already" he grinned. "Are you busy now?" He asked me 
"I'm not. Why?" I answered. 
"Let's have dinner. I'll meet you later at the school gate at 6pm." He smiled and waved at me before going back to his room.

Time check. 5:30pm.
I was preparing when I heard a sound that looks like something fell from the other room.

Out of curiousity I remembered that there was a hole in our walls. So I decided to look it. I pushed back the wood that blocks the hole. I was shocked that the whole was quite big. Even me can pass through the hole. I peaked through whole. 
Woah. He's room is quite bigger than mine. It was clean and very neat. 
One thing that amazed me was a small piano set on his room.

I've once had a piano lesson. I really like to learn how to. My body is uncontrollable and it passed through the hole to see the piano.

The piano is too cute. I placed my fingers in the keys and started keying a simple piece.

"Hana is that you?" Someone talked from my back. I was shocked it was Youngjae. He was lying on his bed with his blanket. I didn't notice him. I come near him. he was chilling. I put my palm in his forehead. He has fever. I get wet towel and put it on his forehead. Placing the towel made him feel better.

I overlooked on the time it was 6:30 already. Jackson is waiting for me. But I can't live Youngjae now. With this condition. I texted jackson

To: Jackson

"I'm sorry. I forgot I need to do important. Let's just have dinner next time. Sorry again"

He replied.

"It's alright. But don't forget to rest early"

I'm really sorry for Jackson. But Youngjae really need someone right now.

It was already 12 midnight.
he's body temperature is improving.
Still I can't assure it so I just decided to stay on his side. Until I've fallen asleep.

A/N

Thank you for reading! ♡