Jaebum and Jinyoung (Part 2)

Connection

“I like you…Bum-ah.”

“Damn,” Jaebum thought. “I could never see this coming.” But looking at Jinyoung getting all red to his ears, Jaebum knew for sure that the boy in front of him was being serious.

“Why?” he asked, and it startled the other boy.

“Eh? Why?” Jinyoung asked back, seemed really disturbed with the question.

Jaebum sighed. “I’m sorry, but I can’t,” he said. “I don’t even like you.” Then, he stood up and started to leave Jinyoung alone, obviously surprised with the straightforward rejection that he got. But he could not leave it there. Jinyoung could not accept it as an answer without a reason. So he quickly caught up to Jaebum and grabbed his arm.

“What do you mean you can’t?” he asked anxiously.

“I mean what I said,” the other boy replied.

“But, why? At least give me a reason. Do you hate me? Did I ever do something wrong to you?” Jinyoung continuously asked that it began to get on Jaebum’s nerve.

The older boy pulled his arm from Jinyoung’s grip rather forcefully and said with a low voice, “You’re annoying. Get lost.” And he left the later dumbfounded.

 

It had been a few days after the incident, and they had not talked to each other since then. Jinyoung had stopped coming to his class and Jaebum did not even see him in the library. Not that Jaebum cared, but it felt different somehow. Maybe he had become familiar with Jinyoung presence that he felt strange for not having him by his side. And when they did meet, Jaebum would ignore him entirely. Until one day, Jinyoung could not stand it anymore.

“Stop, Im Jaebum! Why are you being like this? If you’re going to reject me, do it properly. Why aren’t you giving me a proper reason?” Jinyoung demanded him for an answer when he came rushing after Jaebum in the hallway. But Jaebum once again slapped his hand away.

“Why are you being so insistent? I just don’t wanna accept your feelings because it’s annoying. Isn’t it reason enough?” he said nonchalantly.

“No, I can’t accept it! We’re getting along before this. You’d never pushed me away. So why did you suddenly call me annoying? Why now? Why were you so nice to me? It gave me so much hope that I can somehow make you fall for me. I thought you might as well like me, even for just a little,” Jinyoung whined while gripping Jaebum’s front shirt with his hands. He laid his head against Jaebum’s chest, that Jaebum thought for sure he was in the verge of crying. But the older boy could not accept it.

He took Jinyoung’s hands and entangled them from his shirt, but did not let them go. He held them tightly, putting his forehead against Jinyoung’s, and with a sharp glare, he said, “I’d never thought we’re getting along all this time, and I wasn’t being nice to you at all. You’re the one being chummy and got all delusional.”

Then he left.

 

Not long after that, Jaebum had heard that Jinyoung was dating someone else, and that someone is some guy named Jisoo from Jaebum’s class. From time to time, he would see them talking with just the two of them, and when they saw him, Jisoo would slung his arm on Jinyoung’s shoulder and snickered at Jaebum. But Jaebum always ignore them. It did not matter at all to him, Jinyoung can date whoever he wanted. However, he had realized it way earlier, that his chest felt so painful whenever he saw them together. He did not understand it yet, it was almost the same feeling as when he lost his foster parents. He could not understand why he felt it, since Jinyoung was not of someone important to him. But no matter ho hard he tried to ignore it, the pain got stronger, until he could not suppress it anymore. That one day, he finally snapped.

No one saw what got them into a fight, but it was obvious that Jaebum was the first one to blow a hit at Jisoo’s face. Even with Jisoo having a bigger built than Jaebum, Jaebum was stronger than him because he got into a fight a lot since he was a kid. They stopped only after some teachers came to break off the fight, and everyone blamed Jaebum for started it all. The boys were asked to write some letter of apology, and their parents were called. That was when Jinyoung knew it all. He grabbed Jaebum’s hand right after the older boy got out of the counseling room and took him to a secluded place behind the school.

“I heard it,” Jinyoung started. “Why didn’t you tell me that you have no parents?”

Jaebum looked at him in surprise. “How did you know?” he asked with a hoarse voice.

“I heard your homeroom teacher and the vice principal talked about it. They meant to call your parents, but then your homeroom teacher said that you live alone. Why didn’t you tell me?” Jinyoung asked again, without letting go of Jaebum’s hand in his hold.

Jaebum snickered. “Yah, Park Jinyoung. Do you really like me that much? Why do you need to know so much about me? Stop butting in my business. I thought I had made it clear that you’re annoying. Let go,” he said and tried to pushed Jinyoung’s hand away, but Jinyoung held it tighter. As much as Jaebum’s words hurt him, he was so stubborn to let it slide this time.

“No! I can’t leave you alone! Not until you tell me you aren’t feeling lonely, I won’t let you go!” Jinyoung stated firmly.

“You’re really something, huh?” Jaebum glared at him. “I’m not lonely! There, satisfied? Now let go before I hit you too!”

However, Jinyoung still not letting go. “I saw it, Bum-ah,” he said, softly. “Your mouth might be telling lies, but I can see it clearly in your eyes. Since the first time I saw you in the train, until right at this moment, your eyes had been telling me that you’re feeling lonely. So lonely that you don’t know what to do with yourself.”

The look in Jaebum’s face, it was clear that he was surprised by Jinyoung’s words. But it surprised Jinyoung more instead when Jaebum’s eyes were b with tears, though it was obvious that the older boy tried to hold it in.

“Tell me, Jinyoung-ah,” he said. “What would become of a child who didn’t even know his own parents? He didn’t even know if his first name is his parents’ name or not. And when he got even the slightest hope that he could finally have a family, they were ripped away from him after only a short time. The worse thing is, the relatives of the parents who took him in could not accept him, let alone taking him into the family. They even threw him away like a trash with nothing of the memory with his foster parents was left behind. He didn’t want anything else, he didn’t want any of the family’s wealth. The only thing he asked was to have a family. Is it not even possible?”

Even though Jaebum used the third person point of view, Jinyoung knew that he was talking about himself. His heart felt hurt when he saw Jaebum in such a miserable state. He had never seen Jaebum like this. It saddened him when he learned the truth of Jaebum’s past, that even when Jinyoung was with him, Jaebum must have feeling lonely. It made Jinyoung felt terrible for not realizing it sooner.

Jaebum felt something cold against his cheek so when he opened his eyes, Jinyoung was touching his cheek lovingly with his left hand while his right hand was still holding Jaebum’s hand.

“It’s not impossible, Bum-ah,” he said. “Because from now on, I’ll always be by your side. It’s a promise.” Then he slowly closed in the distance between them, and presses a soft kiss against Jaebum’s pale lips. The moment their lips touched, Jaebum could feel the blue sparks flying between them and his stomach filled with butterflies. His chest felt hurt again, but it was different kind of hurt. He wondered if it was what it felt to be in love.

 

“Omo! So this is Im Jaebum that you always tell me? What a cute boy!” Mrs. Park exclaimed right at the entrance when she opened the door to a happy Jinyoung and a shy Jaebum beside him.

Jaebum bowed down toward her and introduced himself bashfully, and Jinyoung’s mother patted his shoulder affectionately. “Jinyoungie here, he always talks fondly about you,” she said. “He had never brought a friend before, but he said he wanna brought you home and introduce you to me. I’m happy that he finally found someone he’s closed to.”

“Huh?” Jaebum, a bit surprised with the mother’s revelation, looked at her and Jinyoung back and forth in confusion. But a blushing Jinyoung quickly pushed his mother lightly to enter the house while ranting about his mother almost tell on all of his secrets. He was blushing from head to toe that he did not even looked at Jaebum the whole time he brought the boy to his room.

The Parks’ house was much smaller than Jaebum’s old home, a two-storey house with three bedrooms, a bath, a kitchen with a family space, and a living room. But it was enough for only three family members, and it felt far warmer than Jaebum’s current house.

“You’re going to stay for dinner right? I’ll prepare the bath, so you can go in first,” Jinyoung told Jaebum when they entered his room, still did not looking at Jaebum, before he walked out to prepare the bath water.

After the bath, Jaebum who was wearing one of Jinyoung’s pajamas, went downstairs to tell Jinyoung that it was his turn to take a bath, when he overheard the conversation between the said boy and his mother in the kitchen while they were preparing dinner.

“I can see why you like him, Jinyoung-ah. He’s such a good-looking boy! He looks like a very nice kid too! If he’ll be my son-in-law, I’d die happily!” his mother said excitedly.

“Omma! Stop it! Don’t be so loud!” Jinyoung said, tried to stop his mother from saying such embarrassing thing about him.

“Why? Are you afraid that Jaebum will hear us? Aren’t you guys an item now? Since you brought him home?” Mrs. Park asked.

“No, we aren’t. Yet. I don’t know, neither of us had said anything,” Jinyoung confessed.

“Omo! And here I thought you guys finally get together! These past days, Jinyoung-ah, you looked so sad. But when you suddenly called and told me that you’re bringing a friend home, you sound really happy that I thought something good happened,” his mother said.

“Something did happened, but I’m not sure if we’re together or not,” Jinyoung said, and Mrs. Park could clearly see the uneasiness on her son’s face.

She patted his head lovingly and said, “It’s ok. Everything will work out soon. Just have faith.”

The whole time he listened in to their conversation, Jaebum hid behind the door and thinking deeply. Since he had finally realized his own feelings, he decided that tonight, he must come clear about his relationship with Jinyoung.

During dinner, Jaebum had to admit that he had so much fun after a long time. Jinyoung’s parents had told him many things, most of them were the embarrassing moments of Jinyoung when he was little, while Jinyoung was trying so hard to stop them as he had turn deep red in embarrassment. Jaebum really had a good laugh. He had never laughed this loud since the death of his parents, and it kind of shocking for Jinyoung and his parents. Despite that, Jaebum realized that Jinyoung’s parents had purposefully avoided from asking question about his family, and he was very thankful for that.

 

That night after dinner, Jaebum slept in Jinyoung’s bedroom since his mother had insisted on him staying over for the night. He was lying on a mattress that Jinyoung had prepared for him on the floor, while Jinyoung was lying on his own bed, with both of them had their backs facing each other. Some time had passed, but Jaebum still could not sleep. He kept thinking about how he should start the conversation and gathered up some courage to tell everything that he had been keeping inside.

“I’m sorry,” was the first thing he decided to say. Jinyoung who was also could not sleep had opened his eyes wide.

“I’m sorry that I rejected you so harsh before. I really meant what I said, but I’d my reason,” he continued. His voice was so soft, so that they would not disturb Jinyoung’s parents who might have gone to sleep.

“What reason?” Jinyoung asked.

“I lost my parents, who adopted me, in a car accident, on the day we went to celebrate my birthday early this year,” Jaebum confessed, and it surprised the other boy. For a moment, neither could say anything as Jinyoung was thinking on what to say and Jaebum was waiting for a response. But since there came no reply, Jaebum decided to continue instead.

“To be honest, I couldn’t accept your feelings due to the same reason. I had lost both my birth and foster parents. I was left all alone with no one to hold on. So, if I ever lose you too, I don’t think I can live on,” he said.

Hearing those words, Jinyoung was left dumbfounded. He was surprised with the sudden confession. Jaebum did not say the word, but Jinyoung could grab his meaning. “Does he mean that he likes me too?” he thought, and he could feel his body temperature started to rise due to the excitement of being liked by someone he likes.

“But, it’s too late,” Jaebum said. “I’d already lost you.”

Shocked, Jinyoung quickly turned his body on the bed toward him and asked, “What do you mean?”

“You’re with that Jisoo guy right? He told me this morning that you guys are together and I shouldn’t get close to you,” Jaebum answered.

“That’s why you guys were fighting?”

“Yeah. Childish, right? But don’t worry, if you don’t want me to get in between you guys, I won’t. I have admit my defeat.”

“You’re wrong!” Jinyoung abruptly said, slightly yelling, that it startled Jaebum. The other boy his back and looked at Jinyoung in confusion.

“We aren’t together! I mean, Jisoo sunbae did confess to me but I had rejected him. I told him that I already have someone that I love. I thought he would understand, so I didn’t know that he would pull off a lie like that. But believe me, Bum-ah, we’re definitely not together!” Jinyoung explained. Jaebum could see him trying so hard to clear his misunderstanding that the older boy thought he was really adorable, causing him to chuckle. Jinyoung realizing that he was being laughed at, for a good reason, hastily moved his body back so that his back was facing the other boy, blanket was draped over half of his face to hide his red cheeks. Then he heard a ruffle sound coming from Jaebum’s side and slow footsteps could be heard coming toward his bed. He felt some pressure on the bed behind him and a sudden warmness suddenly engulfed his body when Jaebum whispered softly in his ear.

“Then, about the promise that you said earlier, was it still available?” he asked in a low voice, so seductive that Jinyoung almost have a heart attack.

Jinyoung slowly lowered the blanket that had covered his face and gazed up at Jaebum, who had his face barely a few inches from his. He felt his cheeks heating up as he gathered up the courage to face the handsome look of his love and give him an answer. “Yes, I’ll always be with you. Forever,” he said.

Content with the younger boy’s reply, Jaebum smiled happily and slowly brought down his face and gave Jinyoung a kiss. Through the loving kiss, Jinyoung could really feel Jaebum’s love for him that overflowed between the join of their lips, and he let go a single tear of happiness.

 

 

It's 1 am here and I'm really sleepy but at a time like this that my ideas flowing like crazy. So do forgive me for any mispelling or mistakes.
I do enjoy writing this chapter very much, so hope you'll enjoy it too, and please kindly leave a comment~ I can't reply them all, but I really appreciate them and it motivated me to write more. SO PLEASE READ AND LEAVE COMMENT, THANK YOU. LOL
There are at least two chapters more on JJP flashback and Mark is gonna make a comeback soon~ (I miss him alreadyT_T)