They Meet Again

Connection

Yes, I guess many of you want to kill me now. How long has it been? I am sorry that this has become a yearly update, the last one was in January? If I'm a writer, my editor would have run long ago. I have work and an article to write, just the usual daily life, but you know when you have work 7 days a week 30/31 days a month you only have the remaining time to sleep and eat and some GOT7. Yeah, it's hard but that's life. I'm not going to talk about the story or bts, just let the chapter do the story-telling. Wakey-wakey, it's everyone's favourite pair, and guess what? No one can disturb them, not even a ghost. It's not romantic, but you'll see what I mean. I may not replying to your comment, I tend to talk too much but apparently aff doesn't let me send long replies, it's always only the first sentence that makes it through. I wonder what's wrong? But I always read your comment and will give short reply when I have time. I really appreciate your comments and it makes me happy. Comments are the only thing to convince me to never drop this story. Also forgive me for any mistakes. I only checked it once. If you may notice, my writing style had change a bit. It's due to the mood. Ahem! Let's not forget to congratulate our GOT7 on Hard Carry comeback! *claps claps* I have high expectation on this one. Pray for the best!

 

Disclaimer: I don't own any of GOT7 members, sadly. At least I want Jaebum, I even imagined his dream knight doll transformed into the real person.

 

 

It has been almost a month since Youngjae was discharged from the hospital. He has started attending school again, while Jaebum is busy with his workloads that are piled up during his absence. But unlike before, he tries to finish off his work real quick so he can get home earlier. Even though Youngjae is getting well, he wants to make sure the child recovers completely. So when Youngjae sees Jaebum fetch him from school everyday, he is really happy that he comes running and gives his father a hug. But he is a bit worried if he is only burdening his father.

“Appa, is it okay for you to come home?” Youngjae asks while he is walking home with his father from school. His tiny hand is gripping Jaebum’s big one tightly.

“Why are you asking that?” Jaebum asks back.

“You don’t have to worry about me, you know? I’m all healthy again.”

“Who said I’m worried about you? I’d finished all of my work so I can go home early,” Jaebum tells a lie. He knows better than telling Youngjae the truth. If he admits that he is indeed worried about Youngjae, Youngjae will tell him that he is fine. This child, just like his mother, tends to think of others before himself. It is a good trait, but sometimes Jaebum hates it. He hopes that Youngjae can rely on him more.

Thankfully, it does the trick. “Really? Then you can play with me from now on?” Youngjae requests with shining eyes.

Jaebum smiles and brushes Youngjae’s hair tenderly. “What do you wanna play?”

“There’s this game that my friend lend me. Can we play it tonight?”

“Sure. I’ll cook your favourite snack so we can eat while playing.”

Youngjae shouts in delight. Usually his father will nag him for playing games too much. But this is the first time his father ever wants to play it together. His naïve mind thinks that if appa does not work, he will have more time to play with me. But he quickly shakes off this selfish desire. Naughty Youngjae, appa works hard for me. I shouldn’t have asked anymore than this.

Then suddenly, he remembers something. “Oh, appa!”

“Hm?”

“Can we call Mark hyung? He promised that he will play games with me. I wanna see him. We haven’t been meeting at all.”

Jaebum wonders for a while. They have never mentioned the young pediatrician ever since they left the hospital, and this tyke suddenly brings up his name. What is the occasion? Not like they are close enough to call him over and hang out. True, he had told him to call if needed. But he has not heard anything from Mark, so he naturally thinks that everything is alright. Besides, it is rude to invited him over without prior notice. He is a doctor. Maybe he still needs to work tonight. That is the reason, and there is also another problem.

“I want to, but I don’t have his number,” Jaebum says, and he receives a sharp whine from his son. “I’m sorry. I’ll cook you hamburger as compensation.”

“I don’t wanna! I want Mark hyung!” Youngjae complains. Perhaps due to his father’s first approval of playing games, he becomes more greedy and selfish, just like how an 8-year-old would normally behave. Strangely, instead of feeling annoyed, Jaebum feels blessed. Youngjae only occasionally tells him what he wants. Therefore, seeing him rebelling like this makes Jaebum feel relief.

“Then I won’t cook hamburger if you don’t want it,” Jaebum jokes with a hint of evil smile.

“Eh? Then I want hamburger, I don’t want Mark hyung.” This Youngjae changes his mind so quickly that Jaebum bursts out laughing.

After dinner that night, they play the game just as promise. It is a little past 10 when Jaebum notices Youngjae has fallen asleep while sitting on his lap. He then put down his and Youngjae’s game controllers, picks him up and goes to the bedroom. He tucks the child into the bed and kisses his crown. When he stands up to leave, he hears a soft murmur coming from Youngjae’s lips saying ‘omma’. He is stunned, thinking that this child is awake. He stares at Youngjae for a moment, and confirmed that Youngjae is indeed sleep-talking, before he leaves the room. If only he can see, there is Jinyoung lying on the bed beside Youngjae, coaxing him to sleep.

The next day, Jaebum and Youngjae are having breakfast on the dining table. Jaebum keeps staring silently at Youngjae who is sitting opposite him, thinking of last night’s incident. “Youngjae-ah, did you sleep well?” he asks and receives a simple nod. “What kind of dream did you have?”

“Dream?” Youngjae stops eating to think for a bit. “What was it again? I don’t remember. Why?”

Jaebum chuckles awkwardly. “Just asking.” Then he continues eating, adverts his gaze away from his son.

“Oh! But last night was really warm. Didn’t you think so too?” Youngjae suddenly claims.

“Eh, really? I’m dead asleep, I didn’t even notice,” Jaebum replies. Of course he is lying. It was the beginning of autumn. There is no way the weather last night was warm. But Jaebum did not push it any further. He wipes off a rice grain from his son’s lips, and passes him a glass of milk. “Quick, finish up your meal. I’ll drop you at school.”

 

Mark is typing his report on the computer inside the office when Jackson peeks into the room. In these few weeks after the Ims had left, the workaholic Mark Tuan returns. He has been taking many nightshifts, working himself hard like usual. The only difference is that he has been sighing every now and then. The Mark Tuan that Jackson knows is a man who works for his goal, to live up to people’s expectation as the heir of Tuan Foundation, or to be precise, the director’s expectation, his father. Mark will never show his weakness, has never shown his tiredness in public. But sighing has become his habit nowadays. Jackson suspects it has something to do with the negligence of his own health. Mark has been refusing his meal with the excuse of work, and it is worrying his friend. Whenever Jackson tells him to tone down a bit on his work, saying what kind of doctor that neglected his health when he needs to tend on patients? “I know what I’m doing,” so Mark says, and then Jackson will storm off angrily while muttering “I’m worried” and “See if I care”, along those lines. But Jackson knows better than letting Mark do as he pleases. Sooner or later the older guy will collapse.

Only when Jackson knocks softly on the door that Mark and the co-habitants in the office notice his presence. When they see it is the loud person, they quickly return to their work.

“What the hell? I come especially and no one bothers with me?” Jackson complains, entering the room as if he owns it. But everyone ignores him. “Go on, keep ignoring me. I hope you find cockroaches in your lunch.”

Jackson sits on Mark’s table, without caring that he crushes some paperwork, and receives a hit on the from the older guy. “Go away. You’re disturbing my work,” Mark scolds, eyes focusing on the computer screen.

Jackson is rubbing his painful with a pout. “What’s with your attitude? I’m being nice visiting you to see if you’re still alive, and this is how you repay me?”

“I’m very much alive, I don’t need your mocking. Don’t you have work to do?”

“That’s right! Listen to me, hyung. That devil Chief Lee is unbelievable. He told me to call you to his office. Even though I said I was busy, he pushed me to it, saying I’m playing hooky and if I don’t have anything better to do, I should go call for you. It’s not that I’m lazy, I can’t help that the nurses always have good stories to tell me. It’s not my fault that they’re such loud, busy body ladies,” Jackson explains non-stop in a feminine way of talking, not sure if he wants to mimic the nurses’ girly talks or is trying to annoy Mark. Either way, Mark really wants to kill him right now.

“Aren’t you talking about yourself, loud-busy body-lady? Don’t blame someone else for your own fault. Move.” Mark brings out a work file from his drawer and hit Jackson’s head with it to make him move away from his desk. This time, Jackson reluctantly steps down.

“What does he want anyway? You’re doing your job just fine,” Jackson wonders, following Mark getting out of the office.

“Who knows? Maybe he wants to see my report. I’m bringing this just in case,” Mark says, hanging the file in front of Jackson’s face.

“By the way, let’s take a break after this,” Jackson invites him, totally ignoring the file that is swinging in his eyes.

“You just had a long break.”

“That’s a chit-chat break, I want a coffee break.”

“Go by yourself. I still have more work to do.”

“There you go again. What will I do if you faint?”

“You don’t have to worry, I won’t faint. At least not when I’m with you.”

“What do you mean? You’re saying I’m not reliable?”

“Good thing that you understand.”

“How dare you!”

 

Upon arriving in front of the chief pediatrician door, Mark knocks then walks in after he is permitted to enter, and finds the older man is currently talking to someone on the phone so he quietly approaching him as to not disturb him. After a while, Chief Lee ends his call and turns toward Mark who is standing on the other side of his desk with a hardcover file in his hand.

“You called me, chief?” Mark starts.

“Yes. I want to talk to you regarding the matter we talk about before.” Chief Lee says.

“Which matter?” Mark asks, wondering if his report is not what the chief is referring too.

“That day when the director asked me to bring you for a drink, it can’t be helped that the director was eventually busy so it was postponed. Just now his secretary called and made a dinner appointment tonight. You must come along. You’re not working tonight, right?” Chief Lee explains to him, eyes focusing at Mark, trying to read his expression, whether he is shocked or disappointed. Surprisingly, Mark’s face shows a somewhat blank expression, as if he has already expected it.

“So, where is this dinner going to be held?” Mark asks for the details, his voice is steady and firm.

“In the Lotus Restaurant at 7,” Chief Lee replies.

“Alright, I’ll be there,” Mark agrees. “By the way, this is a report for this month. I thought I should hand it in since I was called here.” He gives the file in his hand to the older man, and Chief Lee takes it without saying anything in return. So Mark bows, turns his body away from the desk and walks out.

During his way back to his own office, he releases a sigh, thinking about the problem ahead. He is going to meet his father who he has not met for almost a year, the last time was during his convocation in the Tuan Institute. Even though his father is the director, he occasionally visits the company and the hospital. Most of his works required him overseas as the Tuan Group has several hospital branches in America and Taiwan. The headquarters is located in Gangnam, but when he is busy with the work in the headquarters, he deals with the hospital’s matter directly from his office. Therefore, Mark will only meet him several times a year, and since he lives alone away from his family’s mansion, they meet even less.

His father’s request for a dinner with him and the chief is no surprising matter. He doubts it is to meet the son he has not seen for so long. His presence is merely as a courtesy, to avoid any possible rumors if he is not to attend. The director only cares about his work and image, therefore to ask for Mark’s presence is only to save his name. Mark knows this, so he has little to no rights in turning it down. He too does not want any rumor circling around, especially in his workplace. He has had it enough with the talk about him riding his father’s coattail. He is trying hard to change it, he does not need more problem. However, the actual problem that causes him to sigh is how to face his father. He is not one to speak well to someone, except if the other person is someone he is quite closed to like Jackson, so to meet his father is certainly awkward for him.

He suddenly halts just before he reaches the door, turns around and enters the closest empty ward. He takes out his smart phone, scrolling down the contact list. Right after Jaebum and his son left, Mark had saved his number in his phone that he got from Youngjae’s record. Jaebum told Mark to call him if something happen, but Mark never had the guts to press the number. Every now and then, he would stare at the name in his phone, pondering whether he should call him up. It is not because he is pessimistic, worrying that Jaebum will not answer the call, he is just nervous. Up until the last day they left the hospital, Jaebum was the one who talked the most between them. Their conversations were mostly about Youngjae’s condition or Jaebum’s compliment and concern for Mark. Naturally quiet, Mark has more trouble speaking to the one he likes. He is clueless in how to start a conversation and what kind of topic suitable to talk about. Besides, he knows next to nothing about Jaebum, only that he is a widower and a single father with a child. He knows about Jaebum’s hobby though, reading books, but ironically he got it from the memory flashback that Jinyoung had showed him.

Right, Jinyoung was gone, how can I meet him again? Mark has so many things to ask Jinyoung, but when Jaebum left, he also disappeared. So it is true that the honeymoon photo of Jaebum and Jinyoung is the only connection he has. Mark realizes that he can never see Jinyoung again unless if he meet Jaebum. It is almost impossible then.

As he is so lost in his thought, he fails to realize someone has opened the door and rather hardly, the door hit his back almost causes him to fall on the floor. “Aiyah! I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there,” a high-pitched voice of a woman is heard. It is a nurse, in front of her is a little girl riding on a wheelchair, with a small group of fat people poking their heads behind the nurse. Apparently, a new patient is admitted into the ward, and the nurse is leading her family to her room.

“What are you doing here, Dr. Tuan?” the nurse asks, giving a strange look at Mark.

Mark smiles sheepishly and scratches his forehead in shame, “I was just…” he ponders, “…looking around.”

The nurse does not look appeased with his excuse at all, staring at Mark with her bushy eyebrows knitted together. Mark feels nervous under her suspicious gaze, decides to leave the ward and walks back to his office.

 

That night, just as planned, Mark is waiting for the director in front of Lotus Restaurant together with Chief Lee. He seems to be calm from the outside, but in truth, he is really nervous. It has been so long since he last saw his father, and it is always not a good thing whenever they meet. He is 100% sure this night will be no different.

A moment later, the Tuan group’s director arrives in a black Rolls Royce which has stopped right in front of the restaurant. Both Mark and Chief Lee quickly greet him right when he emerges from the car. They very humbly bow at him, and the director only spares a short glance at them before they make their way to their table. They are lead by a waitress to a round dining table which is located by the window. From the window they can see a garden with a pond right beside the restaurant. The sound from the small water streams is quite soothing to the listeners, which gives a perfect romantic atmosphere to those who are having dinner date. However, this is a business dinner meeting and Mark wants to be anywhere but here because it is so nerve-racking his hands have been sweating. Mark intentionally lets his boss sit beside the director while he takes the seat on the other side of Chief Lee. As always, they order the finest wine in house and some light dishes. Thankfully until the sommelier arrives with their chosen wine, the conversation is only between Director Tuan and Chief Lee. They have not talked to Mark ever since Director Tuan arrives which is a huge relief for him since he does not want to have anymore fight with his father, which is likely to occur every time Director Tuan talks to him.

After the sommelier pours each of them some wine, a man in navy blue suits comes to their table and greets them.

“Mr. Director, sir, I apologize for being late. Work had been pulling me behind,” Mark hears the man says. It is a little scary that the voice is so much familiar to his ears.

“No worries, Manager Im. You’re an acquaintance now. You’re just in time. No need to be so apologetic,” Director Tuan brushes off his apology with a smile. This old man will only give his business smile to those he considers as worthy of his time.

“I’m afraid I cannot, sir. You’re still our important person,” the man politely says.

“Here, let me introduce you to my employees who work at Tuan Institute Medical Center. This is Lee Soogeun, the chief of pediatric department, and his subordinate which is also a pediatrician, Mark Tuan. This is Im Jaebum, a sales manager from WH Publishing Company,” Director Tuan introduces them to each other as the two pediatricians stand up to greet the new guest.

Ultimately, Mark is surprised beyond compare that Jaebum is actually acquaintance with his father, but more importantly, they finally meet again when Mark’s heart still has not prepared. He hesitatingly accepts Jaebum’s hand for a handshake, eyes refuse to meet his, and abruptly pulls back when he realizes his hand is sweating cold. Jaebum notices his strange behavior but decides to ignore it for the time being as they are in others’ presence. He takes a seat right opposite of Mark, which makes Mark feel even more nervous. He wonders what wrong has he done that he has to face both his father and his unrequited love in one table. God must have resented him.

“I have already met them, director sir. Actually my son was admitted into your hospital a month ago and they treated him. I haven’t gotten the chance to thank you enough, so thank you again for saving him,” Jaebum bowed toward Mark and Chief Lee as gratitude.

“Please don’t mention it. It’s our job. We’re glad that your son was saved. And we’re still have to apologize for the dispute we caused,” Chief Lee replies.

“It’s alright. It’s in the past. The important thing is he’s recovering just fine.”

Director Tuan chuckles. “To think what a small world this is that all of us had met like this. But I have to admit I’m surprised.”

“I’m surprised as well, sir. This might be a sign for more projects together,” Jaebum said without beating around the bushes.

Director Tuan laughs again. “So straightforward! But by all means, there’s no harm in publishing more books under my name. Now, back to business.”

Mark finally understands the situation. His father might have just arrived from America or Taiwan, who knows. Since he has so little time, he has all of them together for business meeting, hence the three people who have no business relationship whatsoever other than doctors-patient’s guardian relationship in one table. Ever since they arrive, Mark has never speak even one word, his father only have conversations with Jaebum and Chief Lee. It is like the usual, he never has any purpose in this kind of business dinner meeting with his father. He is also invited because he is the director’s son. It is going to be strange for a father meeting with his son’s boss without the presence of the said son. That is right, his only purpose is like an ornament. That is why he never talks during dinner. His father has never talked to him about business, only the occasional “how is work?” and “mom wants you to come home something something”. These kind of questions would usually lead to their fight. That is how they usually play father and son. Therefore, Mark will distract himself with food, silently praying that his father will keep ignoring him.

The dinner is dragged on for almost two hours, Mark’s hips are already cramped. He almost jumps out of his seat when they end the meeting. After sending off Director Tuan, Chief Lee gives a bit of courage to him before he takes off in his white Sedan. Feeling tired, Mark fails to notice that Jaebum is standing behind him all the time. He turns around and almost bumps into him. He takes a few steps backwards, does not know what to do or say. He is thinking of running away, but stops when he hears Jaebum’s voice.

“Want to go for drink?”

 

They are currently in front of Jaebum’s apartment. Mark has no idea how he ends up here. He was searching for the right words to refuse Jaebum’s invitation, but apparently got dragged into Jaebum’s car before he could realize what was happening. When he tried to get out of the car, it was already too late as they were already driving away from the restaurant. And now here he is, following the man he does not want to be alone with into his house.

After they entered the house, a middle-aged woman comes to the front door and greets them. “You’re back. Youngjae just fell asleep,” she says in a slightly soft voice, afraid that she may wake the boy who is currently sleeping in his bed up. She puts on her shoes, getting ready to leave.

“Right. Thank you, ajumma. Take care on your way home,” Jaebum says before the woman quickly walks out and closes the door.

“Who’s that?” Mark asks in curiosity. Since Jaebum called her ajumma, it could not be his mother-in-law, and he has no other relative.

“The babysitter. Sometimes she will come by and look after Youngjae when I have work at night or weekend,” Jaebum answered while putting away his briefcase and shoes. “Come on inside.”

It is not until Jaebum has invited him in that Mark realizes he is still standing at the entrance. Feeling a bit embarrassed, he takes off his shoes and coat then slowly walks in. He looks around the house. It has a simple interior design, with most of the furnishing and walls are light in colour. There are only few furniture, makes the space look bigger. Considering the occupants are a single father with his little boy, the place is surprisingly neat and clean. Mark suddenly feels a pang of shame since his place is plain dirty compared to this house. Mark notices there are three photo frames on a small side table in a corner of the living room. One shows Jaebum with Youngjae during the primary school entrance ceremony in front of the school gate. The other one is when Youngjae is still a newborn wrapped in a white sheet, with his father cradling him in his bosom. The last one is Jaebum’s and Jinyoung’s wedding day, which they apparently took in front of a chapel. One can see from these photos that this is a normal happy family. Perhaps that was Jaebum’s intention when he put up the photos for display, to hide the sadness and loneliness in their home.

Mark’s thought stops when Jaebum tells him to sit comfortably in the living room, before he goes to Youngjae’s bedroom to check on him. After he confirms the little boy is sleeping soundly, he moves to the kitchen and grabs a few cans of beer and some snacks.

“I’ve never thought we’d actually meet like this,” Jaebum starts the conversation, while giving Mark a can of beer and sits beside him on the couch.

Mark opens the can and takes a large gulp, as if he is really thirsty. “You’re one to talk. How did you even know my father and didn’t tell me about it?” Mark says with a feeling of betrayal.

“I didn’t know at first, even though I thought Tuan isn’t a common surname you could find in Korea, I didn’t think much of it. But I had it confirmed when your colleague told me that you’re the director’s son. At that time Director Tuan already had published his book with our company. But I didn’t wanna talk about it since it’s about work and I don’t like mixing business with private matters,” Jaebum explains.

“I see. It’s so like you, Jaebum-shi,” Mark lets out a small laugh. “How’s Youngjae anyway?”

“He’s recovering very well. He has a weak body, but he has high motivation so it’s not a problem for him.”

“He’s amazing, that kid,” Mark says in admiration, remembering Youngjae’s talk that he shared with him before he was discharged from the hospital.

“Yeah, he mostly takes after his mother. He’s a hard worker and highly-motivated. There were times when he’s more of an adult than me. Only sometimes he acts all spoiled wanting some attention. But when he is in a hard time, he tends to keep it to himself. I wish he would rely on me more. That way, it won’t be as hard to shoulder the pain together,” Jaebum confesses his hidden concern. As Mark keeps listening to it, he thinks Youngjae is actually so much more similar to Jaebum, both shouldering the hardship by themselves as to not burdening the other. While Jaebum is keeping his loneliness to himself, Youngjae is dealing with his own health knowing how his father would feel. They are a really close and loving father and son, but they need someone between them to connect deeper with each other, to share more things with each other. That is usually a mother role. Perhaps this is Jinyoung’s wish from the beginning. To have Mark between Jaebum and Youngjae as a connection.

“Come to think of it, you’re also the same. That day, you’re obviously disturbed about something but you denied it when I asked. Maybe you don’t want me to worry about you?” Jaebum suddenly stops Mark’s inner thought, reminding him of the short talk they had before Jaebum and Youngjae left the hospital.

“What do you mean?”

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think since you’re the heir of the Tuan group, people put high expectation on you as the next director. So you feel burdened and work harder than everyone else. But it makes you even more conscious of other people impression and you get more worried day after day, afraid that you might screw up anytime. That explains why you had never once talked during dinner. One of the people with such expectation is the director. Am I right?” This man maybe a psychic. Mark wonders how in the world did Jaebum know all this when they had only talked a few times. Well, it is true in most part.

Mark nods. His face starts to feel hot, it seems he is getting a little drunk. He is drunk, so that is why he is willing to tell Jaebum the truth, not because he wants Jaebum to pamper him.

“You’re wrong about me being the next director though. Now and in the future, I’ll never become the director. Not even when I’m working so hard,” he says. Right, he is indeed drunk. He has never told anyone about this, not even Jackson. Only the members in his family know. To tell Jaebum all of his secrets, if not because he is crazy, he must be very drunk.

“Really? Why?” Jaebum asks with curiosity. Even though he had downed two cans of beer, he has high alcohol tolerance, so he is having this conversation seriously.

“No one knows about this, they all thought I’m the heir because I’m the oldest son. But they didn’t know that I’m the son of a mistress.”

Jaebum is plain shocked that he stops drinking and puts down his can onto the tea table. Indeed this needs his full attention.

“The lady of the Tuan group, the director’s wife, had first given birth to a girl, which is my older step-sister. When I was born, the family members thought since I was the only son, I should become the sole heir. But some objected saying I have no right because I’m a bastard. Of course, the one who objects the most was my father’s wife. Apparently, she was afraid of losing her position and she despised my mother for seducing her husband. My father had never said anything. He neither agreed nor disagreed. At some point, he sent me to a science academy in America, and I thought he finally approved of my existence. But after three years studying abroad, when I was 13, I came back and found out that I got a baby step-brother. Just as expected, the family members decided that he would be the heir. Since then, I lost track on my purpose in life. I had lived by studying hard most of the time, hoping that at least my father would somehow approved of my ability. But I had also lost that one hope, I didn’t know what to do and getting more depressed, until my health was getting worse and I almost died. However, after that time, I was saved and I got my strength back. That’s the time when I finally decided to become a doctor, to save those who had the same experience as me. Time changes, but now the goal is still so far ahead. However, I’m not gonna give up. It doesn’t matter to me if I can become the Tuan successor or not. What’s important is to get my father’s approval of me as an equal, for him to think I have my own worth and able to work with him. I don’t know when it’ll happen, but I’m gonna work hard until I reach my target.”

The whole time Mark is telling his whole secret, Jaebum keeps silent. He is indeed wrong, not only about Mark being the next director, but the whole thing. Mark is nothing like Youngjae. If he needs to choose someone to compare with, Mark is really similar to Jinyoung. They possess a strong personality and high determination, stubbornly working hard in pursuing their goal without a care of their own self. Thinking this way, he does not understand why the director still has not taken notice of his son’s ability when he had worked so hard just to get his attention.

Jaebum scoots closer toward Mark, then on impulse, thinking that the one thing Mark needs right now is an assurance, pulling his head down to lie on his broad shoulder. It causes Mark to be extremely surprised.

“You’re really admirable. I’m sure that time will come when your father will eventually notice you. You just have to believe in yourself,” Jaebum says, his left hand softly brushing Mark’s head in a tender way, as if he is pampering him. Mark thinks of pushing away, feeling embarrassed by the whole thing. But the quiet atmosphere is so nice, and not to mention the big hand on his head feels so warm and soothing, that Mark is reluctant to let go.

It is okay to stay like this, right? I want to monopolize him just for this moment. Only during this moment, I have him all to myself.

 

 

I'm thinking of writing a filler chapter, maybe a short flashback on Jaebum's and Jinyoung's life, just for fun. I'm sorry, my ultimate otp is JJP. Don't worry, Mark, I still love you the same!

(Edited) I won't use any of Mark's family members' real name, because in my opinion this is a fanfic and it'll be rude to include them, moreover his dad in particular is an antagonist in this story and his family situation is totally different, so I make them as OCs mostly for my convinience. Please don't get offended or overly-reacted. And if possible please imagine his dad in the story as a fictional character and not the real one. I want to respect their privacy.