Hey Juliet

Babbles of Prince B and Mr. Park

Hey Juliet

Words: drabble

BASED ON THE SONG 'HEY JULIET'

A/n: The italicized sentences are song lyrics


 

“Hey, I’ve watching you. Every little thing you do.”

Baekhyun heard the weird giant, Park Chanyeol, who was from another class, singing from behind him and immediately, he wanted to die. He didn’t want to turn around. It was lunch hour and everyone in the room was enjoying their food. Baekhyun didn’t want to be the center of attention. He didn’t want the weird kid singing to him. The weird kid could just go away. Or disappear. Maybe he should stop singing.

“Every time I see you pass in my homeroom class, makes my heart beat fast.”

Baekhyun made a face. We don’t even have homeroom together!

“Baekhyun, he’s walking over here,” Luhan said, leaning in as he, along with everyone else in the room, watched as Chanyeol walked inside and started making his way over.

“He’s so weird! Why can’t he go away!?” Baekhyun whined.

“I’ve tried to page you twice. But I see you roll your eyes.”

“Because I’m not interested,” Baekhyun mouthed to Luhan, who stifled a laugh.

“Wish I could make it real, but your lips are sealed. That ain’t no big deal.”

“Oh my god…” Baekhyun whispered as he gripped his head with his hands.

The next thing he knew, a shadow casted over Luhan and him. He didn’t look up. He didn’t want to. He really didn’t. Baekhyun wanted Park Chanyeol to go away.

Park Chanyeol, please go home.

Park Chanyeol, please serenade someone else.

Park Chanyeol, please choose another person to be the center of your embarrassing affections.

Momentarily, the singing stopped. Baekhyun still refused to look up at the weird guy who’d been pursuing him religiously for weeks. He didn’t want to see that weird smile or that weird, curly and unnatural hair. The guy looked like an orange! A tall, deep-voiced orange that didn’t know when to stop.

Baekhyun took in a deep breath and decided to ignore his admirer who was standing right next to him. But when he tried to continue his conversation with Luhan, Baekhyun felt two large hands cup his face, forcing him to look up at the giant.

Then the singing resumed.

“Cause I know you really want me—”

“Oh…”

“I hear your friends talk about me—”

“My…”

“So why you trying to do without me when you got me where you want me?”

“God.”

The next thing that happened was different, because, no, the Park Chanyeol didn’t roll solo. No. Right after the line was sung, Park Chanyeol brought in his friends from the lame choir club. Kyungsoo, Chen, and ten other kids from the club came bursting through the classroom door and started an entire ing musical.

“I think you’re fine! You really blow my mind! Maybe, someday, you and me can run away!” Chanyeol lead with the members singing along and adding to the effect. “I just want you to know, I wanna be your Romeo. Hey, Juliet,” he sings.

“Hey, hey, Juliet!” Park Chanyeol’s gang of choir-lames repeated.

Baekhyun’s face turned red. He covered his face with his hands before gasping exasperatedly and standing up, surprising everyone in the room who was watching him. “Fine, okay, fine,” he said. “What do you want?”

Park Chanyeol grinned as he shrugged. “I wanna be your Romeo.”

Baekhyun studies his face for a moment before passing judgment. “What if I don’t wanna be your Juliet?”

“How can you say that when you haven’t even given me a try?”

Frowning, Baekhyun didn’t give an immediate answer. He does, however, receive a light kick on the leg from Luhan. When Baekhyun looked back, he saw the blond bobble his head in approval of Park Chanyeol before looking away as if he did no such thing.

After quickly glancing over at everyone’s face, Baekhyun stared at his weird admirer, staring him down as if hoping that it would scare away the hopeful giant. It didn’t.

“I’m prude,” he said, attempting to turn off his pursuer.

“Okay.” Chanyeol shrugs.

“I don’t like stupid things.”

“That’s fine.”

“I don’t like your hair.”

“I’ll get a haircut today.”

“I hate people who don’t wear their uniforms the right way.”

“Then I’ll remember to button up all my buttons.”

Baekhyun frowned. “I’m high maintenance.”

“That’s cool.”

Getting frustrated, Baekhyun slanted his lips. “I don’t like flowers. They die.”

“I’ll buy you fake ones.”

“I don’t like fake flowers either.”

“Then I won’t buy you flowers at all. I’ll buy you other gifts.”

Chanyeol’s face was still bright, and Baekhyun knew that his arguments weren’t making an impact. Finally, with nothing else to shoot, Baekhyun crossed his arms.

“I don’t date.”

For once, Chanyeol didn’t answer immediately. His smile, however, didn’t go away. He merely blinked and gave a light shrug as he stepped forward, challenging Baekhyun to do something as he purposely left about an of space inch between them.

“Then you can start with me.”

Baekhyun opened his mouth to make a comeback, but people behind him started whispering things.

“Date him.”

“Say yes”.

“Do it. Make him your Romeo.”

Why don’t you all go die, Baekhyun mentally shot.

Pressured, Baekhyun gave in. Putting his hands up, he attempted to take a step back. “Fine—Fine, I’ll go on one date with you.”

Catching Baekhyun’s hand and preventing him from creating space between them, Chanyeol smirked. Then, out of nowhere, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun’s hand up in the air, forcing him to raise it. 

“I caught him!” he loudly announced. “I finally caught Byun Baekhyun!”

Unexpectedly, the room shot out in cheers. People clapped and shouted their congratulations to the happy giant. All Baekhyun could do was look away and grumble about how pointless the victory cry was considering how the date was going to be anyways.

But the expectation felt flat on the weekend of their supposed “only” date. What started out with Baekhyun dragging his feet ended up with Baekhyun realizing that Chanyeol was actually a quirky funny guy and a really, really sweet kisser.