Encounters II

The Adagio To My Opera

KRIINGG!!! KRIIINGG!!!!!!!

“Nggrrhhh!!” Jongin groans to the sound of his alarm.

He taps the alarm button to make it stop and ready to go back to sleep again when he felt something warm crossed against his leg.

He wakes up suddenly and found someone besides him.

He’s a little surprised at first, but then realized it’s just his friend, Park Chanyeol—the super tall guy from his dancing school back in London—who, last night, suddenly came to his apartment in the middle of the night and asked to stay the night. Jongin is just too tired to ask about anything so he just let the guy in without asking him anything.

Suddenly, his sleepiness disappear.

He shakes the guy’s body to wake him up. He needs to ask many things. Chanyeol are supposed to be in class since he’s still got one more year to finally graduate. What is this guy doing here? Is he run away? Is he got dropped out? Is he in drugs? Wow, that really is a serious matter Jongin doesn’t want to get involved in. Jongin could stop asking those question to himself so he shakes the taller guy’s body stronger.

The guy finally moves and start to squirm a little to wake himself up. He opens his eyes and meet Jongin’s pair.

“Umhh... ohh, morning dude! What’s up~~!” he greets Jongin lazily.

“What’s up? You are the up, Chanyeollie. What are you doing here, really? Are you running from school? Are you giving up on school because you finally realize dance is not your forte? Let me tell you, it is really not you forte, but that shouldn’t stop you from going to school, dude. Did you got dropped out or something?”

Chanyeol blinks in surprised.

“Whoaa man, you are really like to jump on conclusion huh? Slow down a bit. I’m sleepy~~~!! Sleeeepp~~~!!” the tall guy closes his eyes again and curling deeper in the bed.

“Tsk.” Jongin really won’t let him go back to sleep again before he got some explanation to do. “Wake-upppp du-deee!!!!” he said, pulling Chanyeol’s feet and dragged him out of bed.

Knowing his fate if this continue, Chanyoel grab the bed sheet and yells, “Yah!! Jongin-ah! Stop!! Okay, okay, I’ll tell! Stop dragging me, man! Really!”

Jongin stops his action and jump to the bed, positioned himself in front of Chanyeol who’s body already half down on the floor.

“Now explain to me why are you here?”

Chanyeol rise his body from the comfort of Jongin’s king size bed and look at the guy before him with a serious face.

“I’m......” he said nerveously.

“I’m....?” Jongin followed his eyes.

“I’m seriously in need of food. What about we eat first then we talk about this?” Chanyeol grins to his friend innocently.

Jongin dropped his head in defeat. He should’ve known that his friend is this kind of person. Exhausting.

“Okay. Let’s eat first.” He surrender and leave the room first to prepare their breakfast while Chanyeol follows behind him with a very wide, wide, grin.

 

**********

 

“So, now explain, what are you doing here?” Jongin put Chanyeol’s plate in front of the taller boy while asking. Chanyeol grab his sandwich and munch it right after Jongin put the plate down.

“Ahh, I got scouted.” He answers between every munch. “There is a Korean entertainment company that literally scouted me to debut here right away.”

“Without finishing your school?” Jongin take a bite of his sandwich after saying so.

“Umm, so I will likely spent my senior year debuting.” Said Chanyeol, still munching.

“Can it be done like that?” Jongin asks again.

“Don’t know, haha!” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder. “I guess they just transferred my classes into field work kinda thing....”

“......uwah.....” Jongin still trying to digest all of this. This is the first time for him, knowing something like this. Chanyeol didn’t skipped class, but his field work and debut could be counted as doing classes. “...Daebak, Chanyeollie....”

“Hahaha, what’s wrong with you?” Chanyeol laughs. “It’s rare for you to be amazed by something technical like this.”

“I don’t know. It’s just.... hahaha daebak, Chanyeollie...” Jongin become speechless. His friend must’ve some qualities he didn’t realize to be scouted in a special way like this.

Chanyeol laughs at every amazed expression Jongin produced.

“I don’t know if this is daebak. But it looks like, our school got a lot of investation from this company. And in return, this company could get their hand on our school students, everytime they wants it.” Said Chanyeol airily.

“Dude.....” said Jongin with a serious face.

“What?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrows, confused. Has he just said something wrong?

“How do you know all of that?” Jongin asks in amazed.

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder again. “Lay told me. It looks like he got scouted too. From a Chinese entertainment company.”

“What about Sehun?” Jongin asks again.

“Don’t know. Now that you’re asking, I haven’t heard from him ever since he left. He left us first you know.” Chanyeol continue to dig the rest of his sandwich.

“Ahhh....” Jongin thought. “So we really are scattered everywhere now....”

“Hey, at least both of us live in the same town. No matter how busy we are from now on, we will manage to meet at least once a week right?”

“Once a week?” Jongin eyebrows narrowed. “Wait, you’re not gonna stay here with me?”

“Nah, man! I got my own apartment. Isn’t it great? Hahaha!” boasts Chanyeol. “I just too tired to go to untidy apartment, so I reach yours. Thank God you gave us the address, right before you left.”

“Hahaha, damn man, you’re as easygoing as ever.” Jongin laughs.

“Hey I’m a free soul.” Said Chanyeol jokingly. “By the way, where will you go after this?”

“Ummh...” Jongin takes his last bite then answers. “I’m gonna go to my company to check on my schedule and all of the important stuff. If I have schedule, I’m gonna proceed working right away. If not, I will go back home. What about you?”

“As for mine, they sent my schedule already so I’m gonna be in my company this whole day. I think I’m going to go straight to my apartment after that.” Chanyeol sighes thinking about his un-tidy apartment.

“Ahh, shouldn’t we have a drink? It’s your first day at work after all. We need to toast on something.” Asks Jongin.

”Maybe next time man. Thinking about my messy new apartment gives me headache. Hahaha.”

“Ahh okay, no problem.” Said Jongin. “But, next time, okay?”

“Yes, yes, next time we meet again. I hope you won’t be too busy with your schedule. My schedule is pretty tight, I think this company’s going to squeeze my life out of me.” Chanyeol laughs wryly.

“Hahaha, I really hope I won’t have that much schedule. When I got there yesterday, the atmosphere isn’t too tight. I hope my company won’t be as tight as yours.” Jongin remembering about yesterday incident and one-cute-short figure briefly passed his memories. He smiles at that.

“I hope so. At least one of us won’t be to busy to visit, right? By the way, thank you for letting me stay the night and for the breakfast Jongin-nie. You’re still the best breakfast cooks ever.” Chanyeol compliments the other boy on purpose. Jongin really likes it when someone compliment him on even the smallest thing. His ego is the only thing from Jongin that is predictable. At least, Jongin looks proud with himself right now and Chanyeol won't feel so bad anymore disturbing the poor boy peaceful apartment last night.

 

*********

 

S.M Entertainment Building

(4th Floor, Mirrored-Practice Room (Practically a dance room but usually used as all-round practice—for both vocal and dance—.) where Baekhyun and Kyungsoo is currently practicing for their newest single.)

“No, no, no, Baekkie! It’s one note higher!” corrects Kyungsoo.

“Aiishh, Kyungsoo-yah! I can’t concentrate if you keep on nagging me like that.” Baekhyun snarl back at Kyungsoo.

“But it’s your own fault. Hishh....” Kyungsoo muttered.

“Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, stop for a while please.” Their manager calls. “I want to announce something.”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo moves closer to their manager. Baekhyun clings his arm around Kyungsoo’s waist from behind and rest his chin on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Have you guys read your separated practice schedule?” their manager asks.

“Yeees~~!” both of them answer lazily.

“Good. So Baekhyun, you’re aware that you’re going to sing while dancing in duet with a pre-debutant right? A rookie?”

“Yup, I know.”

“This rookie is not an ordinary rookie. So don’t embarrased yourself. Practice hard please.” And then the manager turn to Kyungsoo. “Kyungie, you’re going to have an accoustic stage with a rookie too. This rookie will play guitar to accompany you singing.”

“Yes, manager-hyung. I read it already.” Kyungsoo shook his head up and down.

“Okay then.” The manager nods in satisfied. “If you guys know it already, it would be easier.”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked puzzled. What is their manager means by easier?

“Wait a minute,” their manager walk outside to calls someone.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stares at each other. Confused.

When their manager goes inside again, he didn’t walk alone.

Besides him, a tall figure Kyungsoo familiar with, goes inside with his huge bag of guitar, wearing the same bright smile Kyungsoo saw yesterday.

“Hello, Angels-sunbaenim. My name is Chanyeol. Please guide me further.” He bowed his head right after he got in.

Kyungsoo feels like he’s going to fainted.

Today is gonna be a looong, looooooong day.

 

[End of Chapter 4]


 

And this chapter is a very shoooort, shoooooooort chapter.

IM SORRY! :(

As I got new editor (beta-reader), there is many plot revision and scene suggestion I need to think about. So I decided to cut this chapter short.

Yes, this chapter is actually not this short. I just cut it for revision sake and brings it back to you as Chapter 5.

So please looking forward to it next Tuesday. 

I promise I won't late again. *sighed at myself*

Love you guys, thanks for subscribing.

And please do leave some comment so I could know how you feel about this fics.

Yehet!! \(^_^)/


Wondering when will Zitao and Sehun shows up in this story?

Please wonders a little more. Ohorett!! \(^_^ )