Encounters

The Adagio To My Opera

Encounters sometimes, is not something you hope for. But it's always something necessary.

Do Kyungsoo is not a big fans of Mr Lee Soo Man. But he respected the elder for a reason.

When the theater where Kyungsoo used to work went bangkrupt, Mr Lee came and help the theater worker gain their job back here in SM Entertainment. He remember the relieve he felt at that time when Mr Lee came and gathered all the worker from the theater and offered them jobs. The happiness in their eyes is unspeakable.

That’s why, when Mr Lee finally came to Kyungsoo and offer him a job as an idol in his company, Kyungsoo couldn’t refuse. After all, he needed the job too. And, it was around 2 years ago.

Today, he sits in the very chair where he first spoke personally to Mr Lee two years ago. It was around that time, when he first being introduced to Baekhyun as his partner and in just less then a year, both of them successfully debuted as a duo idolgroup. This office definitely bring those memories back again to him. And he smiles to himself unconsciously.

Kyungsoo’s back in reality when someone nudged his side and found that Baekhyun glaring at him.

“What?” Kyungsoo asks.

“You were smiling in the most creepiest way, Soo! We’re in Mr. Lee office, dude. Hold your thought whatever it is.” Baekhyun whispers.

“Oh, right.” Kyungsoo answered, straighten his body on the chair.

Right, two years ago, he got into this room on his own. But this time, he was being called by Mr Lee not as Do Kyungsoo, but as Angels.

Mr Lee himself, despite calling both of them in through his assistant, still got some works to do and papers to signs so when both of them first got into his room, he asked them to wait for a moment, and they just silently doing so.

After minutes of waiting, he finally shifted his works aside and turn his attention to the duo idol in front of him.

“Soooo, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, my most favorite duo idols in the world, how are you doin’? Good?” he crossed his hand on the working desk before him and look at the boys excitedly.

“We are good, Mr. Lee,” Baekhyun answers. “Our schedule is too tight sometimes, but we will manage.”

Kyungsoo looks toward Mr Lee but didn’t dare to meet the elder’s eyes. He let Baekhyun do the talk because he has never been good with such things.

Mr. Lee smiles widely at the answer and said, “Good, good, that’s good then.”

Before the elder starts again, Baekhyun start asking, “Emm, pardon my question Mr. Lee. But why are we being called here? Are we.....in trouble?” looks at Mr Lee carefully.

Kyungsoo slowly turn his head to Baekhyun. The thought has never crossed his mind before, but as Baekhyun mentioned it, he started to think that they are in trouble.

But before more negative thoughts start worried the duo, Lee Soo Man answered calmly. “Oh, no, no, no! You are not, darling. Well, I guess long talk really won’t be convenience for both of us since both of our schedule is full. So, since you’re on the question, I will just talk about the matter straightly.”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo nods slowly and start to pay more attention to the elder.

“I called you here because I want to deliver the news about your future schedule directly.” He paused for a while. “One and half year is apparently enough for both of you to showed me that you are capable of this. So I’m preparing a national concert for you. And if our international fans responses are good, we will plan the overseas concerts as well.”

Both of the beautiful male’s eyes widened in shock. It was indeed, such a shocking news for them. Or even, for everyone in the company. If the schedules and dates are fixed, then this will break a new record for a newbie idol group to held a solo concert just one and half a year after debuted.

After Lee Soo Man explained more details to them, Lee Soo Man’s assistance came and give them a booklet of stage preparation, including who they’re going to work with and another kind of details. They’re dismissed after that because Lee Soo Man needs to proceed with his works as well as the duo.

*******

After they are being dismissed by Mr. Lee, they directly go to one of company’s dance practice room. They have full training schedule today.

As they finished practiced, both of them take a rest while looking at the booklet from Lee Soo Man’s assistance, Mr. Kim Tae Hee.

“Sing-and-dance-perr-forr-mance.. byyy Baek-hyun withhhh SM Train-nee~~~~!” Baekhyun spills one of his concert run down to Kyungsoo while lying on the practice room’s floor, one leg crossed the bented one. “Soo, do you hear? I’m gonna dance for solo performance!!! With a trainee? Oh, no! Trainees these days are scary. They are so good, I might embarrassed myself in front of them. Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Can I do this? Ohhhh!!! I’m starting to feel the pressure. Ohh, no, no, no, no, no!!!”

He gets up and faces Kyungsoo who’s tiredlessly rolling his eyes for every Baekhyun’s over-reacts. “Soo, I’m gonna need to start preparing this right now. I want to practice my vocal. Want to come with me, Soo?”

“Nah, I will practice my choreography more. I'll message you when I finished!”

“Okay! See you later then.” So Baekhyun stands up and run to the vocal room on the second floor.

He excitedly runs through the second floor hallway right after he got out from the elevator. After he takes a turn to the left, he bumped into someone and fell -first to the floor.

“Aaaww, it hurts man!” he grunts then looks above. Even when his head tilted upright to the fullest, Baekhyun still can't see the guy's face properly. What a tall guy, he thought.

“Watch your step, big guy!!” he continues, still on the floor. Rubs his nose. His nose hurt a lot. ‘That must be some walking muscle I bumped into,’ he cursed. And his delicate ? ‘Omo! If my is broken he will have to pay the surgery. Oh my y !’ he thought to himself while running his hand on his .

The guy—Jongin, of course—extends his hand to help Baekhyun to get up. ‘Poor guy,’ he thinks. “I’m really sorry,” he said. “Can you stand? Seriously, I’m really sorry.”

Baekhyun look at the hand that is being offered to him and takes it. He didn’t look at the taller guy and missed the worry expression on his face. After he gets up, he makes sure his is alright, then after that, Baekhyun takes a look at the guy in front of him properly and couldn’t believe his eyes.

The guy in front of him feels like the descendant of God himself. Okay, maybe he exagerated a little bit. But those exotic tanned skin, plump lips—well not as plump as Kyungsoo’s but pretty full—and y body definitely is God-like sculpture. Damn! How does it feels to be kissed by y lips like those?

“I’m Kim Jongin,” the perfect guy said offering his hands once again, surprising Baekhyun from his train of thought about the other guy. “I’m gonna work here really soon, so I really hope you won’t stay mad if we ever meet after this. I don’t really want to make en enemy just on my first day here.”

As he said that, the guy smiles shyly but in a playful manner. How can be a single smile be so sinful like that? Baekhyun cursed.

“Ahh, I’m Baekhyun.” He took the offered hand. “Nah! Don’t worry. That’s just small things.” But continues ‘If only you’re smile and body is not so sinful you would be damned by now,’ inside his heart.

“I hope you will have a good time here in SM. Till me meet again, Jongin.” Baekhyun gives the taller boy his best smile, ‘And I hope, soon!’ he smirks added to himself.

But the smirk goes unnoticed by the taller guy, since Baekhyun starts walking towards one of the vocal classroom right after his last sentence to the guy.

*******

To: Bacon - 06.21pm
R u still on practice?
Im goin home 1st, kay.

To: Kyung-soong - 06.28pm

Yes
C U soo.

To: Bacon - 06.30pm
Don’t be too late.

********

After his last message to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo put his phone back into his jacket's pocket. When Baekhyun determined about something, he will indulge himself in more practice than usual. It’s a good thing for Kyungsoo, since today is the only perfect time for him to buy Baekhyun a present for his birthday which is 2 weeks away from now. Still 2 weeks but since he and Baekhyun will be very busy started from tomorrow, he really should buy the present today.

He left SM building in disguise. And he is alone, without his bodyguard. It’s so hard to convinced his manager to let him going out alone without bodyguard but brings bodyguard while searching for present is just not so convenience. Luckily, his manager is not in the mood for another debat with Kyungsoo. Maybe his manager is in a good mood because of their concert announcement from Mr. Lee Soo Man. But whatever it is, Kyungsoo feels grateful he could get what he want without long-argue this time.

‘Geez, why is it so cold!’ Kyungsoo shrugged his hand deeper into his jacket’s pocket.

When Kyungsoo left SM building, it’s dusk already. And because it’s just the beginning of spring, it’s still pretty cold at night. So Kyungsoo speeds up his steps before he froze out here alone. But just as he turn at the corner of the street, a tall figure showed up just before he takes turn and it’s too late to stop his steps.

“Uwaa~” he unconsciously screams, trying his best not to bump into the tall figure in front of him, like his scream could help. ‘No, no, I’m going to bump into him!’ He shut his eyes close, don’t want to see what happened next.

1....2...3....Huh?

The collision he expected didn’t happen. Instead, he could feel, strong yet gentle pair of hands, holding him tightly, prevent him from falling face-first to the ground.

He opened his eyes slowly to see what happened and saw a person wearing the brightest smile he ever seen—well, not as bright as Baek’s brightest smile but brighter than other people’s—looking at him with his sparkling eyes. He carries a black guitar case with him and is very tall. Like really, really tall compared to Kyungsoo.

“Oopps, there, there....” the taller guy said to Kyungsoo in a playful manner. “A little rush, aren’t we?

Dugeun, Kyungsoo’s heart beats.

The taller guy help Kyungsoo stabilize himself. Kyungsoo looks down the entire time, couldn’t face the guy properly. The sparkling eyes makes him feels weird, he didn’t like it.

“You’re so cute. Where were you going in such a rush?” the guy smiles again.

Kyungsoo blushed crazily hearing the ‘cute’ word. “Ehm, I-I guess, th-that’s none of your business.” He stutters nervously.

“Well, it isn’t. But I’m just curious, where would an angel heading to if it’s not heaven.”

“Wha-what?” This guy is weird, Kyungsoo thinks. Is he knows that Kyungsoo is ‘Angels’ member? Is this guy a stalker? No way, his disguise looks perfect. Kyungsoo keeps arguing within his heart.

“Well,.....That supposed to be my pick-up line for you. But I’m sorry if it’s too cheesy for your taste, little angel.” His smiles widened again and he extended his hand to Kyungsoo. “Can I know your name? I want to tell my friends I just make an angel my acquaintance.”

Dugeun, dugeun, dugeun, Kyungsoo’s heart beats faster at another cheesy line the taller guy said. It’s cheesy, yet the guy's tone is so sincere Kyungsoo couldn’t help but answers.

“K-Kyung-soo.” he reaches the extended hand, eyes still on the floor. At least, the guy looks like he really doesn’t recognize or even know Kyungsoo, so Kyungsoo feels a little bit relieved.

“Kyungsoo? Cute! I’m Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.” he smirks. "I hope we will meet again, Kyungsoo.”

“U-umh, I-I guess not, we won’t.” Kyungsoo answers again. Face down the whole time.

“Oh- are you sure you’re not an angel? I see you could read the future here.” Chanyeol tease again, makes red painted Kyungsoo’s face even more.

“I’m not. Well, if you’d excuse me, I’ll take my leave.” Embarrassed Kyungsoo passed the guy to the next turn he supposed to took earlier half-running, didn’t bother saying bye or even, meet the guy’s eyes.

Kyungsoo won’t hate a guy he barely knew, but he really hopes he won’t meet the guy again in the future. But sometimes, when you hope for something, the opposite things happen. That’s life. Kyungsoo just doesn’t know it yet.

To Be Continued


 

This chap is, like any other chap(s), unbeta'd. Sorry for any many grammar mistakes. I will check it again later. 

If someone willing to be my beta reader (for grammar stuff or just critiques for the story) , please, please, please contact me. I need you, dear beta(s).