Chapter 42

I Am Here! (INFINITE AND TEEN TOP VERSION)

She blanked out.

 

I mean, what else was she supposed to do?

Yell, 'Me too, Lee Byunghun! I love you! L O V E, I love you!"

He gave her too much pain, too much suffering, too many lies for her to forgive him that easily.

But was she supposed to slap him across the cheek, yell to the whole world to hear, 'I hate you, Lee Byung-! You left me for someone else! You're a jerk and I hate you!"

She sighed. What could she say or do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ricky whistled, swinging his grocery bag back and forth. He glanced at the sky, giggling happily. Today was the day that they were finally going to have a barbeque! Well, maybe not today. But sometime when school's over. Which is... In three months! He was so happy. He looked around and began whistling as he scanned the horizon.

He stopped. His heart fell.

 

Tears rushed to his eyes. The rain began to fall.

 

The bag fell from his hands as he ran to catch her.

 

 

 

 

Bongcha sighed. "L. Joe, what am I supposed to say?!" She stood up and turned away from him. She brought her hands up to her face and sighed again.

"What do you mean? I love you, Lee Bongcha!" She looked down.

"I'm not so sure about that.." She whispered. His shoulders fell in disappointment.

"But.. why?" He stood up next to her and turned her around.

She began crying. "Lee Byunghun, How do I say this?"

"Say what?" Please don't say it. Don't say I hate you. 

"I can't seem to love you anymore." He took a step back and he looked down. He looked back at her.

"Is there someone else?" She blinked.

"What?"

"Is there someone else you.." He looked at her softly in remorse and regret.

"No, but--" She brought her hand to his cheek, but he grabbed her hand pulled her closer. She gasped and then pushed him. "L. Joe--"

"Stop it! Why are you trying to leave me?!"

"I'm not, but you're forcing me into it!"

"Into what?!"

"You're forcing me to love you!"

"No I'm not!" He sighed in exasperation. "Why can't we just go back to the old times, when we both loved each other and we knew it!"

"We already know we love each other, but L. Joe, you changed. You left me. For some other girl. You said it was over. You said that we couldn't be together. How could you try to come back into my life like nothing's happened?!" His hand dropped to his side and he looked down in shame. "We just can't be together anymore." She sighed and looked away. She walked into the house, leaving him outside. It began steadily raining.

 

Jihee walked into the Seoul airport, watching the other families. She couldn't help but see herself through them; she saw a little girl running to her older brother, a teenager waving goodbye to her parents as they left to God knows where. Probably the military to serve is mandatory duties. She walked outside to the taxis and put her bag in. However, right when she closed the trunk, it raced away. She screamed in frustration. After running after it, she went to security. 

"Hi, I was going into a taxi and--"

"Alright. Please tell me which area you were in ma'am."

"Busan/America." The attendant looked into their mos trecent cameras. Jihee pointed. "There." They slowed down and got the license plate.

"Alright, ma'am, in around two to three weeks, we'll have your luggage back."

"Two to three weeks?!"

"I'm sorry, but the process takes a long time." Jihee groaned, then smiled.

"Thank you for your assistance." She bowed and left her personal and contact information. She took a real taxi to her hometown and went to her uncle's house. She was temporairily staying there for the time being. Her uncle raised an eyebrow. 

"Where's your stuff?" Jihee sighed.

"Taxi drove off with it." Her uncle sympathetically patted her back. He let her in for dinner.

 

 

A week later, she was looking for a job, far from where Ricky or TEENTOP could see her. She started at the supermarket. She grumbled, looking around. Once she found it, a thought occured to her-- she'd need to pay 50¢. Tears started to go down. Not because she didn't have 50¢, but because of her luck. Was it because she had been a her whole life? She didn't take anything seriously? She was being selfish? Probably all of the above. But she was sick of it.

She was going to jump.

Smiling, she went to one of the cashiers. "Hi, my younger sister accidentally hit her ball onto the roof. Is there any way..." The cashier chuckled.

"Please follow." She led her to the back entrance and to a different door that opened to a staircase. "Please get it immediately." Jihee smiled.

"Thank you." She walked up to the roof and closed the door shut behind her softly. The rain started to steadily fall, mixing with her tears. She closed her eyes and jumped. Her eyebrows furrowed as she fell onto something soft. Last time she knew, the ground wasn't so soft, nor was the impact this light. She opened her eyes and gasped, her voice cracking as she spoke. "Y-You, caught me?!"