Chapter 41

I Am Here! (INFINITE AND TEEN TOP VERSION)

 

"What?!" Her voice was music to his ears. He smiled unknowingly.

"Get the door! Someone's here for you!"

"Um, you sure? Because I'm sort of--"

"Now!"

"Fine." A series of clicks and thumps were heard and it came closer and closer. L. Joe was already in front of the door. She glared at Sungyeol and said reproachingly, "Can't you do it yourself, you lazy bum?!" She rolled her eyes and opened the door. She gasped and her eyes widened.

"Hey, Bongchannie."

She gasped. "L-L-L. Joe? Lee Byunghun?" Her eyes widened. He nodded and hesitantly smiled.

"Can you follow me, outside?" Chunji stepped aside for Bongcha to move to the front porch. Ricky soon stopped the door.

"Sorry," He sheepishly scratched the back of his head. Chunji frowned. 

"What are you doing?!"

"Hyungs are sending me to go buy some coffee and milk. Want anything?" Chunji shook his head.

"Actually--" He stopped Ricky as he was descending down the stairs. "Buy this." He whispered something into Ricky's ears. Ricky nodded. 

"Sure, but that's a strange request." Ricky winked. "But I shall fulfill the desired wish~" He sprinted off to the supermarket. Chunji chuckled.

"Is he trying to make us go gay?"

 

L. Joe sat down next to her on the bench swing. "Bongcha, I need to talk to you about everything that has happened over the past few weeks." She looked at him.

"Begin."

"It's not my fault that I left you--"

"What?" Her voice had a steel edge to it.

"No, no, listen--"

"Are you saying you didn't choose to leave me for that in Amercia?!"

"No, Bongcha--"

"Who was the one who left to America for 'ever'? Who said that they didn't love you anymore?" Memories ringed in her head.

 

"Bongchannie," He held your cheeks with his cold hands, a bouquet on the bench. "Don't. Follow. Me. Arasso?" You were stunned.

"M-Mwo?" L. Joe took a deep breath.

"I.. Can't love you anymore." Your heart sank.

"Look, if this is about my brother--"

"I found someone else." Your heart went from sinking to falling and crashing.

"M-mwo?"

"Someone else. She's asked me out and.." He took a deep breath. "I accepted."

You shook his shoulders. "Yah, Lee Byunghun--"

"Don't call me that." He said harshly.

"Y-Yah, L. Joe, what's with you? You brought me into your life, no. You forced yourself into my life, claiming to be my boyfriend, but trust me, you're no Jo Youngmin, so cut the--"

"Just stop." He sighed. "I'm sorry for forcing myself into your life. I know I'm nothing like Jo Youngmin, or Jo Kwangmin, but--"

"STOP. Just stop." You glared at him. "They told me someone kept sending me flowers." You held up the bouquet. "Yes. or no."

"Listen--"

"YES or NO." He sighed.

"Yes, but that's only because.." He thought for a good excuse. "She told me it would be polite." Your heart sank. She?

You shoved him away from you. "Keep it. Or better yet--" You threw it on the ground and stepped on it, crushing the orchids.

"I don't need your sympathy. Not after this." You hissed, tears now falling. L. Joe sighed, trying to comfort you.

"Bongchanie--"

DON'T CALL ME THAT!" 

She sniffed. "You left me for that idiot . You talked about me behind my back to her. You-- You--"

 

"Well, then Bongcha better stop seducing my oppa and leave us alone!" She sneered. She turned to L. Joe. "Was this the girl you were talking to me about, the one who couldn't leave you, who followed you to the airport, who was trying so hard?" You froze, tears welling up. Dongwoo snarled and walked forward, trying to slap her.

"Yah! If anyone's seducing anyone, it's you! Don't-- You-- Dare--- Talk-- About her like that!" Dongwoo was held back by Sunggyu and Sungjong. Jihee smirked, then scoffed. She walked up to you.

"Bongchannie, please back off and get a life. He doesn't like you anymore." She smirked. "Who would?" Then, she grabbed L. Joe's hand and walked off, angering everyone.

Bongcha cried. "I can't take it anymore! Everyday you were gone, I couldn't stop but think about you! You don't know how much pain I endured just to get onto that flight to America! These people at school hate me for knowing you!" L. Joe tried to wipe her tears away. "They hate me for falling for you and letting you fall for me! How could you just leave like this? I remember--" She pushed his hand away. "--You wanted to just leave on New Year's, all by yourself without telling me! How could you live like this?!"

 

"LEE BYUNGHUN!" He only heard you over the noise of the intercom. He froze when he saw your face.

"What do you want?" He said coldly. You glared.

"Where are you going on New Year's Eve?" You asked briskly. "And where's your girl?" He gulped nervously.

"You know," You began, putting your hand in your bag to pull out the 'something you brought with you, "This girl sounds awfully familiar. What was her name again?" He gulped. Then, you shoved the flower bouquet at him.

"The flower lady says you talk about this girl awfully a lot to her as you buy the pity flowers for me. So, are you going over to the US to meet her family? Pssh. I hope you're happy with her." You saw hurt hiding behind a mask on his face. You turned to go as they chanted,

Five, You took a step.

Four, He's really over me.

Three, You heard him take a step. Probably to return the flowers. Tears flowed down your cheeks. This is real. He's found some better.

Two, You felt L. Joe spin you around. The lights dramatically went out.

One. He grabbed your cheeks and you kissed.

Her tears falling into her lap. "And we had our first kiss there. In that airport. Before you left." He suddenly hugged her.

"Bongcha, let me be there for you." She was hesitant. 

"Will you, leave me again?" He shook his head.

"Bongcha, I never got over you either." He kissed her forehead. "I couldn't stop thinking about you, and when someone told me you got hurt in your apartment--"

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean? Who told you?"

"Well, I think it was Chunji, but I couldn't stop thinking about you. I realized I never stopped loving you. When I first left you in the hospital after your parents hit you, i wanted you to forget me and move on. I thought that I was the reason why you were getting hurt." 

Bongcha looked down.

"Don't you see?"

"See what, Byunghun?"

"I love you, Lee Bongcha."