Dressed to the nines

A drowning man will clutch at straws

"Hurry up Princess, don't just stand there, get in the car."

Seokjin was standing awestruck in front of an extremely expensive car with an extremely well dressed Namjoon sitting behind the wheel. He was certain he could feel his cheeks warming as he slide into the passenger seat trying hard not to look at the younger man, he hated the fact he could become so flustered. Seokjin couldn't help it though, he was always shy in the presence of someone that had an air of authority and Namjoon definitely had that.

"Today is the day we take you shopping for proper clothes. That hoodie makes you look so young, don't get me wrong it's cute but that's not what we're aiming for tonight, I need to you charm all of my loyal guests after all."

Seokjin began worrying his bottom lip again, what exactly was he going to do tonight? He wasn't all that charming but maybe he could get by on looks alone, smiling and nodding when appropriate. The man next to him began to laugh as he pulled away from the house heading in the opposite direction of town.

"Where are you going? Town is the other way."

To the elder's dismay this only served to make the other laugh again. Namjoon then had the cheek to reach across the center console, pat Seokjin's knee gently and then didn't bother to remove his hand afterward.

"We're not shopping there Princess. There's a proper shopping center about half an hour away, it has far more selection and much better service."

Great, Seokjin thought hotly, I'm going to be stuck in a shopping center with a bunch of rich snobs. How on earth was he going to survive this? He was certain they would be able to tell a mile off that Seokjin didn't belong there, the clothes he was currently sporting were definitely going to highlight this.

"Are you sure you don't mind being seen there with someone like me? I don't think I'll be very welcomed there."

Namjoon frowned at that only looking over at Seokjin for a second. For some reason he didn't like the idea of Seokjin feeling inferior to anyone. The older boy was attractive, gentle and apparently extremely intelligent if their conversation yesterday was anything to go by. Seokjin had no reason to feel lesser than anyone else and Namjoon was going to make sure that he wasn't going to be treated as such either.

"Of course I don't mind, there's nothing wrong with you, I'll see to it you are very welcomed there. Nobody is going to pay us any mind, they just want us to buy stuff and tonight nobody is going to be looking down at you either. You'll be dressed to the nines while at my club, everybody will be scrambling over themselves to speak to you."

Seokjin only stared at Namjoon, he honestly didn't know what to say to that, did Namjoon really see him as an equal? Wasn't he just some poor person to be bought and manipulated? Although they had spoken about the contract yesterday Seokjin didn't understand where he stood with Namjoon, was he to speak formally to Namjoon as his boss or was he to speak as a friend? Before he was able to come up with a response to Namjoon, they were already pulling up at a very large polished building with huge panes of glass covering the walls making it easy to see all the different shops that were inside.

"See this is so much better than that other place, it's hardly even comparable. Is there anywhere you want to head to first?"

Seokjin could feel Namjoon's gaze while he was staring at the grand shopping center in front of them, he felt uncomfortable with the idea of choosing where they went and it suddenly dawned on him that he was way out of his depth.

"I've never been to any of these places before, I don't know what any of them are like."

Seokjin knew that was a lame answer but it was the truth, in fact he'd never even heard of these places before. What if he hated all the clothes there, maybe he'd just have to pick something because he really didn't fancy wasting all Namjoon's time waiting for him to decide.

"Okay then I'll lead the way, we have all day to look so it's no problem anyway. Maybe we should also decide where to have lunch , what do you want to eat?"

Namjoon was dead set on getting something from the older man, he wanted Seokjin to enjoy today and stop worrying about tonight. They were going to spend all day shopping, eating delicious foods and then come evening time they were going to let loose at his club, there was no need to be so nervous. Seokjin on the other hand was becoming more stressed out the more Namjoon questioned him. He just felt so lost, he had no idea what he was supposed to be buying. In all actuality he wasn't buying for himself, he was buying something Namjoon liked, as if he was some kind of doll, but he had no idea what Namjoon wanted in the first place. Why couldn't he just buy the clothes he wanted Seokjin to wear and give them too him before tonight? He didn't know how he was supposed to behave tonight either, how was he to charm Namjoon's guests? Topping all this off Seokjin didn't know what Namjoon wanted to eat. The older man was pretty certain Namjoon had important people to see rather than sit with him and eat whatever crappy food Seokjin could think up. This whole thing was making him feel so utterly incompetent and he wasn't even being asked anything major, all he had been asked to do was to decide on lunch.

"Erm, I don't mind, we can do whatever you want to do."

Seokjin couldn't even bring himself to look at Namjoon so he decided to play with a loose thread on his sleeve. He knew it was a crappy answer and in all honesty he knew he sounded silly but he didn't know what to do anymore. Yesterday he had tried so hard to come across as confident and now he was reduced to muttering awkwardly and playing with the hem of his hoodie like a child being scolded. Namjoon could sense the change as well, even though he couldn't understand why Seokjin was acting this way, he figured he'd just make all the decisions for today. Maybe as they day went on the elder would feel less unsure of himself and start speaking up more.

"Okay, well let's go in and take a look around first, see what we see. If you don't like anything here we could drive somewhere else, I want you to find something you like because you're not going to act cool tonight if you don't like what you're wearing."

Namjoon was hoping that Seokjin would lighten up throughout the day, there was no way he was going to be able to cope tonight if he was already panicking now.

"I want you to enjoy yourself Princess."

He added as an after thought hoping to diffuse the tension as they got closer to the entrance of the shopping center, which apparently worked because Seokjin turned to frown at him and then stopped in front of the doors.

"Well, aren't you supposed to hold the door for me?"

Seokjin faced the younger boy with a slight smile tugging at his lips, maybe he could use this whole Princess thing to his advantage because without another word the Blonde-haired boy moved to hold open the door with a small bow.

"After you Princess. We don't want you dirtying up your delicate little hands or anything."

Seokjin had to laugh at that, he didn't quite know what else to do in all honesty, he wasn't used to people paying him so much attention or giving him too many compliments. The atmosphere was a lot less awkward after that and both boys could start looking around at shop fronts working out which was going to be the most suitable.

"Let's try this one first, I get a lot of my things from here actually so they know me well in here. Don't worry about anything, no expense will be spared for you."

Namjoon took a hold of the elder's wrist and pulled him toward a large store with bright over head lights and very smiley shop assistant waiting for them just inside the door. Seokjin had never heard of this place before but if the younger man shopped here it couldn't be that bad. Seokjin wasn't sure if he was supposed to be dressing smartly like Namjoon or wearing something a little ier like some kind of eye candy for the younger to parade around. Just the thought of wandering around drunk people looking like dessert made him tense up next to Namjoon.

"What's the matter, you don't like it already? We can go somewhere else if you want?"

"No no, it's not that. I-er, I don't know what I'm supposed to be wearing, you know? What do you want me to wear?"

"You can wear whatever you want, I don't mind it's up to you. Don't tell me you've never been to a club before, I mean I definitely know you go to parties. Just wear whatever you want I mean it's my club nobody's gonna throw you out or anything."

Namjoon was practically grinning ear-to-ear, apparently something about this whole situation was funny and Seokjin had no idea what it was. He might not be thrown out for going against the dress code but that didn't mean he didn't want to fit in with everyone else.

"I don't know what other people will be wearing, I just want to blend in with everyone else..."

"That's the problem, you're not supposed to be blending in with everyone else. You're going to be one of the most attractive, well dressed people in the place, everyone is supposed to be staring at you wondering if you can tell they're drooling."

The look of horror on Seokjin's face must be the reason that the younger boy was howling with laughter in front of him, there was nothing funny about being eye ed by strangers. Somehow he was going to have to find a balance between drunk enough not to care but not drunk enough to make a fool of himself. Suddenly a small man with short black hair walked over toward the two men before Seokjin could respond.

"It's nice to see you again so soon Sir. We had a new range arrive in just this morning, if you'll follow me to the back of the store..."

The man started moving towards the back of the store smiling over his shoulder with Namjoon following suit while Seokjin trailed along behind them. When they reached the back of the store they were greeted by a large display of primarily black clothing, which looked extremely expensive by Seokjin's standard.

"What do you think Princess?"

Namjoon was grinning like a mad man because Seokjin had paled considerably and seemed to be impersonating a fish trying desperately to come up with something to say. The personal shopper had obviously felt uncomfortable because he decided it was best to allow the two to shop alone today and made an excuse to leave.

"I can't believe you just said that in front of someone else, you're going to get us thrown out of the store! Do you live to torment me or something, why can't you just call me hyung?"

Seokjin was beside himself with shock and didn't know where to look anymore so he'd taken to examining his shoes while Namjoon tried to regain his composure.

"This is too much fun, I can't just call you hyung! Nobody is going to throw us out. I can call you whatever I want it's none of their business, the only reason he left was because you started freaking out!"

A couple of minutes later Namjoon had finally managed to calm the elder and they had started looking through the various articles of clothing. Seokjin was primarily looking at the black clothing, it always looks classy and y in equal measures. Namjoon had obviously thought the same because he also was only looking at the black items before him. A few hours later they had decided on black leather trousers and an over-sized black jumper that showcased his collar bones perfectly with a few choice holes ripped into the fabric for good measure (though they had to look else where for the jumper). Even though it's not what people usually wore to clubs they both agreed that Seokjin looked hot and if he wore eyeliner it was only going to get better. Namjoon was 100% certain his guests were going to be lining up to speak to the elder tonight, he was definitely in store for a good time.

* * * *

Namjoon had decided on a rather expensive looking restaurant when the topic of lunch arose and Seokjin had provided no insight. Once they had been seated in a quiet booth at the the back of the restaurant Namjoon had started grilling the older again. The younger had been asking endless questions about the elder's life getting all but nothing in response.

"Come on you must have something you can talk about. Friends being , unsympathetic family, exams? Anything."

"Well I haven't made any friends, I came to university to study and get a degree not to have a social life. I have exams though but they're not too bad, I think I have them pretty much covered, I'm good at what I do, which is great news for you."

Seokjin was smiling now and Namjoon thought it was the most attractive thing he'd ever seen. The younger tried to burn the image into the back of his mind, hoping he would be able to make Seokjin smile more often.

"Why is that great news for me? Oh yeah, making the books look right. Well it's a happy coincident I met you at that party then right? Why were you there if you don't have any friends?"

Just as Seokjin was about to speak the waiter set down their food in front of them and offered them the usual 'enjoy you meal'. When they had been looking over the menu earlier, Namjoon could tell that the other man had no idea what any of it meant. He had decided to order them the same meal to avoid embarrassing the elder by trying to explain it, which Seokjin was quietly thankful for.

"Erm, yeah I was just there with someone from class. I hardly know him, his friends bailed on him and he didn't want to go alone so he wanted someone that wasn't going to show him up and 'steal all the girls', his words not mine."

Seokjin laughed gently while Namjoon frowned into his plate, he didn't like the idea of Seokjin being used so blatantly.

"That guy was stupid, just because you don't talk much doesn't mean . Everybody was watching you out the corner of their eye, bringing you to try and make himself look better was a huge lapse in judgement. You peak people's interest without even opening that pretty mouth of yours."

Seokjin's eyes almost fell out of his head at that, he had to resort to looking at his plate while contemplating what to say next, he just wasn't used to so much care and attention.

"I-er, thanks? I don't know what I'm supposed to say to that. It doesn't matter anyway, I got a job out of it, right? Who cares what he thinks, it's lucky I was at that party."

There it was, that smile plastered over the brunette's face, Namjoon was not going to get sick of that he could already tell. It only dawned on him then how desperate Seokjin must have been in order to feel lucky that he scored a job with someone like Namjoon. Few people would even want to think about getting a job like that let alone feel thankful for it. The younger man was suddenly glad that Seokjin had gone to the party too, god knows what else he might have gone through to get a job. Before he could reply to the elder's little admission of gratitude, Namjoon noticed the brunette had started fidgeting with discomfort for what felt like the hundreth time today.

"Is there something wrong? Do you not like the food, we could go somewhere else if you'd prefer?"

"No it's not that, the food is delicious, thank you. It's just, I-er, well I know we were talking about the contract yesterday but there's something I'm still not sure about..."

"You should have said something yesterday, why would you only bring it up now?"

"Yes I know, it's just I didn't think about it till earlier. I just-erm, I'm not sure about our relationship. No, not relationship like that, what I mean to say is that I'm not sure about how I'm to address you."

Namjoon sat there smirking as the other man's ears became an alarming shade of pink while staring holes into his dinner plate again.

"Sir will do if you like, I mean you could call me other things too if you'd prefer, I mean you could call me ma..."

"NO! That's not what I mean."

The older man only gaped wide-eyed at the other, mind reeling at the sudden change in direction of the conversation. What was this guy even saying, was this supposed to be some kind of joke?

"What do you mean then, you'll have to be a little clearer, Princess"

"I mean am I supposed to speak to you as an employee or like something more casual? You know if we're like spending time at your club and stuff. I'm not sure how you want me to act."

"You can just speak to me casually as you would a friend I guess, and you don't have to act like anything Princess. If someone makes you uncomfortable tonight and you don't want to speak to them anymore then you can just walk away. If you want to stop drinking, you can and if you want to leave I'll take you home. But I'd prefer if you'd stay, it's nice there you know, it's not some dirty old club or anything, it's quite classy."

"Oh."

"What, did you really think I'd leave you propped up on display and allow people to do as they pleased with you? I mean come on I'm not that bad, you're free to act as you please tonight, same goes for any other night as well. I mean I want you there but that doesn't mean I'm going to mistreat you while I have you there."

"Oh well, I- I don't know, I didn't really know what to think. I'm not really a heavy drinker though, I don't just want to pass out somewhere, that's not classy at all."

"No you're right that's not. You can drink as much as you want. I mean, I'm sure lots of people are going to be buying you drinks, that's the point of you being there. If you hold on to your glass they'll just hand money to the bar tender and tell them to serve your drink once you've finished. They'll never notice that you've been holding onto the same drink, that means more money without wasting alcohol."

"That's a good idea, I didn't think of that."

"Yeah well that's why I'm the boss. Anyways, we have to leave to get ready soon, I'll introduce you to my closest men when we get there, don't worry they're great nothing is going to happen. Nothing bad at least, it's just gonna be fun and when you're ready to leave you let me know. Got it Princess?"

Within 5 minutes both men had finished their meals and had made they way back to the car. Seokjin was feeling a lot better about tonight, if he was honest, he was even looking forward to it now he'd sorted everything out with Namjoon. Although he still wasn't sure about the whole Sir business, was that actually a joke or not, Seokjin couldn't really tell...