Best of Both Worlds

A drowning man will clutch at straws

Walking up to the club Seokjin could see that Namjoon wasn't lying when he'd said it was a classy establishment. It was nothing like the dingy little clubs he used to have to pick his unconscious brother up from at 5 in the morning. Stepping inside he could see a huge open plan space with a brightly light bar at one end, and a huge stage at the other. The space was complete with a large dance floor and various tables around the outside. A huge staircase ran along the wall opposite him leading to a glass balcony over-looking the club. The balcony was complete with comfy seating and a large DJ booth, so it was safe to assume that was the vip section. In all honesty he was quite impressed with the place, it looked amazing and he felt more relaxed about having to spend his free time there.

"I'm glad you're here, I half expected you not to turn up. You look good by the way." Seokjin turned to see Namjoon standing behind him with a stupid smirk plastered across his face.

"Why wouldn't I turn up, I signed a contract didn't I?" Seokjin tried to look a little indignant at the idea of breaking his contract, but in actuality he had been debating whether or not to show up. "Oh and I look more than just good thank you very much."

"Ah, of course Princess, how silly of me. You look absolutely ravishing, you are definitely going to be good for business. Let me introduce you to the rest of the Family, follow me."
As Seokjin followed behind Namjoon he noticed that the younger man was dressed much like himself, truth be told they were almost matching. Both men wore tight leather trousers and black combat boots which actually made Seokjin feel badass. The only difference was the top half; Namjoon was wearing a loose fit white shirt opened at the collar with the sleeves rolled up. Seokjin on the other hand wore an over-sized black jumper that hung below his collarbones with well placed holes in the chest and arms.

"This is Jenissi, Kookie and the newbie Kidoh." Namjoon had come to an abrupt halt pulling Seokjin from his thoughts. The three men standing before him were all, for lack of a better word, beautiful. Namjoon apparently only hired attractive people, appearance obviously being of top priority.

"Hi, you must be Seokjin right? Don't look so nervous, Namjoonie already told us you're a light weight, we've got your back, we won't let you get too drunk." The man Namjoon had introduced as Jenissi winked at him over the bar. He was tall with soft brown hair and warm almond eyes, Seokjin now felt his job seemed redundant with someone like Jenissi around.

"Thanks, I really don't wanna pass out somewhere or make a complete of myself." Seokjin was trying to be polite and make conversation only to be distracted by the younger boy, presumable Kookie, grinning at him like the cheshire cat.

"Yeah, you definitely don't want to pass out dressed like that, you never know what might happen." The younger boy was now eyeing him hungrily making Seokjin uncomfortable. Kookie had jet black hair that fell into his eyes which were heavily lined with dark make up, but judging by the cute bunny teeth Seokjin assumed he wasn't actually old enough to be behind that bar or even in the club for that matter.

"How old are you kid?" Seokjin was a little unnerved with the clearly under-aged boy trying to flirt with him, he decided that calling him kid from now on might keep Kookie at arms length.

"I'm 17 but it doesn't matter, I know what I'm doing thanks, Kidoh is the newbie here." A bark of laughter came simultaneously from both Jenissi and Namjoon, but Seokjin was a little taken aback by Kookie's bluntness so turned his focus to Kidoh.

"Okay, so how long have you been working here?" He smiled warmly at the other boy ignoring Kookie for the time being. Kidoh had light brown wavy hair that was styled up away from his forehead with large innocent doe eyes. A small voice at the back of his mind told him that if he was working for Namjoon he was most likely not all that innocent but he immediately scolded himself for thinking such things. After all he too now worked for Namjoon, it honestly didn't seem too bad, the place was nice and the people were friendly enough.

"About 2 weeks, not long at all but I think I'm getting the hang of it." Kidoh turned to look at Jenissi with an almost hopeful glint in his eye replaced by relief when the older man clapped him on the back with a smile.

"I think you're doing a great job, plus you're easy on the eyes which is good for business. What do you think boss man?" Jenissi was just trying to mess with him, make him sweat a little in front of the boss. All he archived though was to make him flustered because Namjoon had replied in great detail just how good Kidoh looked.

"Well, he may look hot but the others look hot and can seriously move those hips, if you know what I mean. Hot and athletic, it's like the best of both worlds." Jenissi gave a lopsided smirk while nodding towards the stage.

"The new kid is an amazing dancer and those tight trousers he's always dancing in, damn. Unfortunately I'm sure he's gotten pretty close with Jhope though, such a shame because I had money on Hansol getting there first." Jenissi was interrupted half way through miming a slam dunk being shoved to the side playfully by Kookie.

"Don't be an idiot, Hansol has his eye on Bjoo, there's no way he'd go for Jimin. I don't think there's anything going on with Jimin and Jhope either. I mean honestly I don't think Jhope is brave enough to get in Suga's way even if he did like Jimin." That last part making all the boys, minus Seokjin, laugh.
"Oh no wait, he hasn't met them yet, he doesn't know what we're even talking about." Namjoon turned his focus back to Seokjin as he went on to explain. "They're talking about the dancers we have here, at the minute there are four of them. The newest recruit being Jimin which was why I was at that party we met at, celebrating and all that."

"Not Suga though, he's like a human sloth he just likes to watch Jimin dance. Suga, as you can probably guess by the name, is our resident candy man. Keeps the people partying and the boss man rich, but I mean the money he makes here is just pocket change in comparison to what he shifts around throughout the country. I think the only reason he wastes his time dealing here at night is so the customers are high while he's DJ-ing , sets the mood you know." Kookie was eager to give his opinion enjoying all the gossip, forcing Seokjin to make a mental note not to talk about himself too much.

"Okay but back to the dancers, like damn those guys can move, seriously though you've got to see for yourself." Kidoh leaned across the bar eyes wide in awe.

"Well I'm going to be around for a while now so I'll probably see them at some point right?" Seokjin laughed at the other boy's reaction, sure he was over exaggerating a little.

"Oh don't worry, you'll see them dance tonight in fact. Maybe even meet them after the show depends who sticks around but you'll get to speak to them eventually." Kidoh winked and was about to continue but was interrupted by Namjoon.

"Okay that's enough it's getting close to opening time, you guys get back to work. Seokjin let's get some drinks and go upstairs to see Suga, he's probably setting up now."

 

-

 

Not a minute after the two men were seated on the plush leather sofas, a man with bright lilac hair jumped into one of the vacant armchairs, legs dangling over the arm making himself at home.

"Namjoonie you didn't tell me you made a new friend, who is this?" the younger boy squinted at Seokjin trying to decide whether he liked him or not before he even opened his mouth.

"I'm Seokjin or just Jin if you'd prefer, I don't mind either way. I just signed a contract with Namjoon so I'll be around for a while." The elder spoke firmly trying to seem confident hoping to deter the kid from causing him any grief, he was going to be around for the next three years afterall.

"Well hello, I'm sure we'll get along famously I'm Taehyung, but everyone calls me V. I don't work for Namjoonie but we're good friends so I like to hang around."

"Pfft, more like you enjoy making life difficult and don't pretend you're here because of me. We both know that when Kookie gets off work you'll be attached to his hip begging him to stay the night at your place." The blonde spoke up before V could continue.

"Excuse you, making life difficult? I got you new employees didn't I? Kookie and Jimin wouldn't be working here if not for me." Suddenly a man with bright orange hair appeared at the top of the stairs with a face like thunder and clearly out of breath from the stairs.

"Yeah yeah, you got me underage kids thanks a lot. I'm gonna go speak to Suga, you both stay here."
V promptly turned his attention back to Seokjin without a second glance at the blonde. "Anyway, we go to the same college; Jimin, Kookie and me, although Kookie only just started after I got him the job. They were both homeless, Jimin was kicked out after his parents found out he was gay and Kookie ran away from his foster home, it wasn't a good place you know." V paused to down the rest of his drink in one go and judging by the amount of information he was spilling on his friends it wasn't his first drink of the night.

"Kookie's parents died a while ago and since he was homeless he was in need of money so he could go to college. I didn't want him copying Jimin but for some stupid reason he wouldn't take my money so I got him a job here. I dunno if he likes it though, he doesn't talk about himself much but I presume it's better than being homeless right?"

"Yeah I'd say so, I don't think being homeless while at college is an ideal learning environment. What about Jimin didn't you want him to copy?" The older boy was shocked to hear boys so young already becoming lost in the system and his heart ached for Kookie. He knew what it was like to loose parents at a young age and try to struggle through life.

"Er, well he was... how do I put this? I like to push my limits, I'm a bored rich kid, you know that old chestnut. One day I was curious and decided to wonder round the red light district and I found Jimin on a street corner. I made him go with me to the nearest late night restaurant and we talked about it. I found out that's how he was paying for college. I did wonder how he was doing it, I mean he's always wanted to be a dancer so I was glad he was dancing at college but I never knew how he could afford it." Seokjin handed over his drink when V started looking into his own empty glass.

"So long story short I went to Namjoon and convinced him to hire them both. I mean he already needed another dancer and it wasn't too much to give Kookie a job as well. Namjoon can be a bit of a though so I'm guessing he also has his own reasons for agreeing to hire Kookie, unless he was just doing me, his bestest friend, a favour." V downed the second glass in one and stood up motioning Seokjin to follow him downstairs to the bar in search of more alcohol.
At the bar V made the order for both of them, some cocktail the other had never heard of, and began trying to engage Kookie in conversation.

"Not right now Taetae, I'm getting everything set up I'll speak to you when I'm finished later on tonight." While V tried to convince Kookie that now was a good time to talk, something caught Seokjin's eye, a small group of guys had started setting up on the stage opposite them. Realising that these boys were probably the elusory dancers he tried to get a proper look.

"Told you they were hot!" The older boy turned to see Kidoh grinning at him while handing over his drink.

"Yes you did, oh and thanks for the drink it looks great." Making his way back up to the vip section with V he decided to do some digging on the guys he'd just seen setting up on stage.

"So, what about the others that work here, the dancers I mean, how old are they?" Seokjin didn't want to sound to eager but the guys at the bar had piqued his interest and after seeing them himself he agreed the hype was well deserved.

"I'm not certain about the others I've only met them a handful of times. I already told you Jimin was my age right?" The younger boy stumbled a little on the top step before Seokjin could grab him.

"You didn't tell me how old you were actually, but I'm assuming close to Kookie's age?" V only answered after he'd been deposited safely in his seat with Seokjin sitting opposite.

"Oh right yeah, me and Jimin are 19, we've almost finished with college. I think Hansol is 21, same age as Suga, but I doubt they've spoken much, although Suga doesn't speak much to anybody. Anyways, I think Bjoo and Jhope are like 20, why do you ask?"
Seokjin thought that maybe it was his turn to start necking his drink instead of answering the question. He really didn't like the idea of talking about himself to V as he seemed just as quick to gossip about co-workers than Kookie was. Just as he'd finished his drink Namjoon dropped into the seat next to him on the sofa with Suga occupying an armchair next to them.

"Easy there Princess, people are only just starting to arrive, don't want you passing out anytime soon." Namjoon was leaning back facing Seokjin looking like the the cat who got the cream while Suga bawled with laughter. V evidently didn't hear anything because he stood without a word making his way downstairs to harrass Kookie some more. Seokjin had decided early on that he was going to have to get used to Namjoon calling him princess. Now it seemed he would have to get used to it faster as the blonde had no qalms about using the nickname around other people.

"I'm perfectly fine thank you for asking, in fact I may just go get another." Seokjin made to get up and follow after V for another one of those cocktails, when Namjoon grabbed his forearm and pulled him back into his seat.

"No wait a couple more minutes, people are going to be filling in quickly anytime now someone else will buy you something. Remember to smile prettily and be charming." Seokjin huffed a little and even pretended to pout a little before turning to look back over at the stage vaguely wondering when the show was to start. The lights had all dimmed a little now and there were plenty more people than there had been not a few moments ago.

"They'll be on soon, maybe an hour or so. Has Namjoonie introduced you to any of them yet?" Suga had spoken up for the first time since sitting down and was now staring holes into Seokjin.

"Er, no not yet but the guys at the bar were all talking about them earlier. Apparently you're friends with one of them?" Seokjin wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tease the shorter man with the knowlege he'd gained from the bar staff earlier but for some reason he couldn't resist.

"Not exactly no, he doesn't speak to me very much. He's kinda shy our Jiminie but you know you shouldn't pay attention to gossip Princess."Suga was obviously not the kind of guy to take kindly to teasing but it was definitely worth it seeing the slight pink dusting his cheeks.

"Hey don't call him that, make up your own damn nickname." Namjoon was scowling slightly at the idea of someone else calling Seokjin princess, that was his own special nickname after all. The three men sat for what felt like hours arguing over a suitable nickname. Seokjin didn't want to be made fun of and Namjoon didn't want anyone to feel intimate enough with the elder to use a nickname. Soon enough Suga had to leave to take up residence in the DJ booth leaving Namjoon and Seokjin to talk about the the various guests attending the night. Several couples came and went making pleasant conversation but all in all nothing interesting. Every so often someone managed to get Seokjin alone, offering drinks and a place to stay for the evening, the drinks being the only thing the elder agreed to.

The music stopped abruptly and then the lights shut off completely, nothing was heard but excited whispers as the guests anticipated what was to happen next. Before long a slow and gentle beat filtered through the speakers, fueling the excitement throughout the club. A spotlight came on over head to reveal four men wearing nothing but tight leather trousers and black high top sneakers. The crowd erupted into a variety of high pitch squeals, loud jeers and wolf whistles before the performance had even began.The music then dropped into a loud and heavy hiphop beat and all four men broke out into a powerful and perfectly synchronized street dance performance. Seokjin couldn't help but notice that after a few songs in the men dancing had began to sweat, their well-sculpted bodies now glistening under the spotlight. He almost didn't notice Kidoh standing at his elbow handing him a drink whilst shouting an "I told you so!" into his ear. The performance had a short intermission so that the dances could catch their breath before coming out again to perform a solo. During this time more wealthy guests came over to speak with Seokjin while simultaneously filling his body with copious amounts of alcohol. After a few more minutes the lights dimmed again and the show started restarted. Seokjin wasn't sure which dancer was which but the one he assumed to be Jimin, due to the fact he looked the youngest, was the first to take the spotlight. He performed a slow sensual piece teasing the guests closest to the stage by winking and biting his lip every so often. The kid obviously knew what he was doing because the audience began to blindly throw fists full of money at his feet. Next was a cute boy with bright purple hair who leapt into a fast paced street dance routine marking his finish by almost kissing one of the guests. He was followed by a boy with white blonde hair doing a slower hiphop number and judging by the loud cheers this kid was a favourite. It was easy to see why he was so popular, the boy performed the whole song with a playful smirk whilst dancing within groping distance only to pull away at the last minute. The last one to perform had jet black hair styled up and away from his face, he had the audience beside themselves with the second street dance routine of the evening complete with boogaloo and popping. By the time the song finished the audience were cheering loudly whilst money was being thrown towards the stage with renewed vigor. 

Seokjin then spends the next two hours; drinking anything and everything he's bought, chatting to older married women, as well as have the occasional young bachelor hand him a business card with a phone number on it. At one point he's cornered by a woman talking about how her husband is never home, when he sees Suga drag Jimin towards the bar and he makes a mental note to about it later. Soon he becomes overwhelmed by the number of people fighting for his attention whilst struggling with the increasing level of alcohol flooding his system. Not five minutes later he excuses himself, with the pretense of needing to find a restroom. While trying to find something that resembles a restroom he spots Namjoon talking animatedly to another man and makes a beeline in that direction. In an effort to avoid another tedious conversation with some lonely divorcee he decides to stand close to Namjoon who instantly puts his arm around Seokjin's shoulders without stopping his conversation. The older boy can feel a warm blush creeping across his cheeks so trains his eyes to the floor hoping that if anyone notices they'll think he's had a bit too much to drink, which in all honesty he has. A small part of Seokjin was panicking because he wasn't supposed to have had so much to drink. He had to wake early the next day to sit an exam discussing "the impact on the economy of achieving equal pay between men and women" or something to that effect. Without warning Namjoon pulled him towards the main doors and out into the night, as soon as the cool air hit Seokjin he instantly felt horrendously drunk and couldn't help but stagger a little.

"Do you need me to take you home? You seem rather tipsy to me, I promise I'll introduce you to everyone else next time if that's what you're waiting for." The elder could help but laugh at that, he was definitely a little more than tipsy.

"Yes I do need to go home, I think I'm more than tipsy." Namjoon could tell by the slight slur of his words that the elder was telling the truth, he helped the brunette into his car and then made his way to the driver's seat.

"What's so funny?" Seeing the older boy leaning against the window giggling to himself was enough to make Namjoon laugh along.

"I have to get up tomorrow an take an exam, maybe I can call in sick." Seokjin sounded almost breathless from laughing too hard and began hiccoughing slightly whilst sliding down in his chair to get more comfortable. Slowly Namjoon leaned over the other man to pull across his seatbelt for him, seeing that he wasn't attempting to do it himself. As he watched the other giggling and muttering drunken nonsense under his breath he realised he didn't know where Seokjin lived.

This was gonna be an even longer night than he had previously thought.