A drowning man will clutch at straws

A drowning man will clutch at straws

It's no secret that Seokjin was desperate. There were the unbelievably large university fees to pay for, with no help what so ever as both his parents had died when he was young leaving him nothing but an alcoholic brother to take care of. Then there was the copious amounts of stress he was under,  he needed to study day and night just to keep up with his classes, and when he wasn't at class he was working at a local cafe trying to make ends meet.  Adding to that he also received a phone call from his brother almost everyday, with obnoxious rants about him being a lazy dongsaeng not helping to pay for 'important stuff'. None of that mattered though because he was going to finish university and become a doctor, he loved helping people because it offered him a small sense of purpose amongst all the chaos. Then the icing on the cake was when, on one particularly wretched cold afternoon, Seokjin arrived on campus after being called into the finance office, to his horror he found out his tuition was being revoked due to his slipping grades. He tried to promise them he could catch up easily if he found a new job to accommodate his class timetable but nobody wanted to hear him out, he was going to have to drop out of university and move back in with his horrid older brother. Everything he'd planned for was now crashing down around him, all his hopes of leaving his brother and moving into the city to help people were dissolving along with the heavy rain outside.


Namjoon was unscrupulous, he had no qualms about exploiting people's weaknesses for his own gain. During the week he found himself at a 'colleagues' party to celebrate their newest recruit, some kid cocky called Park Jimin if he remembers rightly. After his third whiskey he spotted  a very pretty guy at across the room, Seokjin according to the drunk guy practically screaming at him, Namjoon knew right then he had to find out what that guy wanted more than anything, what was he prepared to sell his soul for. How much exactly, would it take to buy someone like Seokjin? Namjoon had a group of thugs under his control and some of them were nice to look at but nothing like this guy, he could definitely see the perks of having someone as attractive as Seokjin working for him. When he learned of Seokjin's unfortunate circumstance from a mutual friend of theirs he decided to offer his help, for a small price of course.


"Okay Princess, here's the deal. I'll pay for everything you want no questions asked and you'll take on the role of my personal assistant. How does that sound?" Namjoon slurred a little but he knew had the other guy's full attention, that hyung was obviously desperate.


"My name is Seokjin, that's Seokjin hyung to you! I know who you are Namjoon, and I know you aren't the charitable type. What do you really want from me and what would this role as 'personal assistant' entail anyway?" He tried to sound indifferent at that last part though, but what else could he do, nobody was giving him a job and there's no way he was going back home to his brother. How difficult could being a personal assistant be?


"You take care of whatever I need taking care of end of story. If you know who I am then you know I have the money to help you, it's not like you're really in a position to say no. I mean, they do say a drowning man will clutch at straws, right? Don't worry Princess, you won't have to hide any bodies, we wouldn't want to ruin your manicure, besides I have some other schmuck for that." A slow smirk began creeping across Namjoon's face when he saw his hyung's mouth drop, he could definitely see the benefits of having someone like Seokjin around. 


"That was a joke hyung. I mean come on if I told you about any bodies I'd have to kill you too and what a waste of a pretty face that would  be. You'll come to my office when I call you no matter what the time, except during your classes of course, e-mail me a copy of your timetable so I know. I guess I'll see you in the morning Princess." With that Namjoon grabbed his phone, took Seokjin's number and then left the party all together.

Seokjin had a really bad feeling about this...