Welcome to The Family

A drowning man will clutch at straws

 

Two days later Seokjin received a text message from Namjoon with nothing more than a time and address. He hadn't been sleeping much since the party, he knew he was desperate but how desperate does one have to be to accept a job from someone like Namjoon?  What was he going to be asked to do and how much trouble was he going to get himself into? Seokjin decided after reading the text that he had nothing much to lose, he could at least go along and find out the details, if he didn't like it he could just say no, right? He got up from his tiny cramped desk deciding that he had started his accountancy essay way too soon anyway, he had months before it was due so he may as well go meet Namjoon. Trying to decide what to wear to this so called job interview was no easy feat, what does one wear when they're trying to get a position in some kind of mafia? Seokjin decided on a pair of tight black leather trousers and a black button down shirt, coming to the conclusion that a full suit would be a bit too uptight all things considered. Maybe wearing all black would make him a bit more intimidating anyhow. Once he had finally managed to get downstairs and into his beaten up crappy car he noted he was low on fuel, which was really not good because he couldn't afford to fill it back up, all he could do was hope it would get him there. 


Seokjin had driven for what felt like at least an hour until he was outside of the town, praying to whatever God that his car wouldn't run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere with no extra petrol can in the back. After a few more minutes of muttering to himself about the whole situation he had come across a very large mansion with huge black iron wrought gates circling the whole perimeter, figuring he must have been at the right place he had slowed down to get a better view. He came to a stop just outside the gates to press the buzzer waiting for some kind of guard to answer but to his surprise the gates had swung open without any kind of security check. Slowly he made his way up to the front of the house only to be hit with a sudden wave of anxiety, right now his was standing on the doorstep of a rich mafia boss and to make matters worse he hadn't even told anyone where he was, then again who would he even tell it's not like anybody would have missed him. 
Once inside he had been left to wait in a large office with an open fire and huge bookcase covering the back wall behind a large oak desk, he knew this was all for show purely for the purpose of getting Seokjin to see the benifits of working for Namjoon. Letting him have a taste of something he may be able to one day archive. He decided that the best way to go about this was to seem confident and in control, he didn't want to be pushed into a contract he wasn't absolutely sure about. With that thought in mind he sat down in one of the armchairs in front of the fireplace and made himself comfortable trying to keep a reign on his anxiety.

"Ah, so you actually came princess, not going to lie I had half expected you to chicken out." Namjoon had sauntered in and settled into the seat opposite him without a sound almost causing the older boy to jump and ruin his whole bravado. 

"It's Seokjin hyung to you. I thought I may as well see what you had to say, seeing as my other plans for today fell through." Seokjin was hoping that he came across as relaxed, forcing his voice not to shake, if Namjoon caught on to how desperate he actually was, he may not be willing to pay him as much. Namjoon however could tell the older man was lying immediately, the fact of the matter was that Seokjin was a bad liar, fortunately for him. Actually it was a little bit endearing watching how much effort Seokjin was putting into trying to have the advantage over him, trying to seem casual and uninterested. Namjoon could see he was definitely dressed to impress and in all honesty is was working, he was certain he had a place for someone as pretty at Seokjin within his ranks. He could play along with Seokjin for now, let him think he had the upper hand, right up until he signed a contract that is.

"Oh well then lucky me. I thought it would be good to discuss a contract, what would be required of you and of course what you'll be paid. Does that sound like a good idea to you hyung?" Namjoon took pleasure in the look of surprise on Seokjin's face, he had obviously resigned himself to the nickname, Princess, good thing too. 

"Yes, as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I was thinking. I swear to God though I will not be burring any bodies Namjoon." Seokjin tried to look intimidating, there was no way he wanted anything to do with that, the thought alone made him nauseous.

"I'd never dream of making you do something like that, I have other people for that, I already told you this at the party. You will do anything I ask; I might want you to attend parties, show your pretty face at my club or even help make the books look right; anything. Do you know what money laundering is?" Namjoon was definitely enjoying this, the man sitting across from him visibly relaxed knowing he wasn't being asked to do anything dangerous. He was minutes away from having Seokjin right under his thumb.

"Of course I do, as it happens I'm currently at university doing accounting." He was qualified for this particular role, balancing the books was easy and feeding dirty money through Namjoon's club was going to be so easy he could do it with his eyes closed.

"Well well, isn't this working out just right, Speaking of university..." Before he could go into detail about payment Seokjin grabbed Namjoon's forearm,  worrying his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Where is the dirty money coming from? I mean, I don't feel okay with having anything to do with trafficking or anything. I may be thinking about breaking the law laundering money but I still have morals." There was no way he was going to have anything to do with people suffering, he had a bleeding heart, he couldn't stand to see people mistreated.

"Don't worry, I'm not into that either, it's only drug money sometimes protection racketeering, but that's not often. I don't fancy having the idiots I hire getting killed trying to protect some politician or businessman." Seokjin wasn't too sure what that meant but then again, he figured he didn't want to know, especially if politicians were involved.

"Now if you'll let me continue, I was about to discuss payment.  I'll pay off your university fees as well as paying you monthly. Enough for whatever you need. Actually I'll also be taking you shopping every now and again. I want you at my club often, people like seeing a pretty face you know, so I don't want you dressed like a broke student, we can go later on this week." Seokjin was over the moon, he was just expecting to have his university debt paid but this sounded even better, he was going to be able to afford all the necessary books as well as better clothing. 
Namjoon got up and sat behind the large oak desk, rummaging around in the draws, until he pulled out a piece of paper which he placed in front of himself then turned to watch Seokjin. 

"This is your contract, I can give you a while to mull things over if you like?" Seokjin got up and made his way to the desk to get a better look at the paper in front of him. Not much was written down as the job description was still pretty vague, the only things written down was the pay and the length of the contract. The monthly pay almost caused the elder man's eyes to pop out of his head, he was definitely not expecting so much money. What was he even going to do with all that extra money in his bank account?

"This says that I'm under contract for 3 years?" The older boy looked over to Namjoon hoping to see some sign that this was a joke or maybe even an error but to his dismay the other boy merely smiled, dimples and all.

"Well you'll be at university for 3 years and that's how long I'll be paying for it so I felt that you should be working here for me throughout, don't you agree?" Seokjin reached across the desk and picked up a pen to sign the document, this was definitely a fair deal and he was going to be so much more comfortable living like this.

"Are you sure about this Seokjin hyung? This is a real contract and you know who I am, so you know I will not be letting you break this contract..." The older boy ignored him and signed on the dotted line, there was no way this could go wrong, he was good at accounting and he was going to be paid so well for it.

"Nice one Princess, Welcome to the Family. We're gonna  work well together, don't you think?" Seokjin groaned inwardly at the nickname, he thought maybe Namjoon had his fun calling him that but he should be so lucky.

"Yeah I guess, but I mean don't you think it'd be easier to just call me hyung though? You know, like a normal person." Namjoon was ecstatic, this was going to be so much fun, getting under the older boy's skin was just too easy. The slight blush that dusted the elder's cheeks whenever he used the nickname was just too delectable to reconsider the nickname.