Flashback

The Battle Between Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2003..

 

___'s POV

 

I hold mom's hand tightly as we pass the gates of my new school. We just moved a few days ago to the new neighborhoodwith no one we know so this is a pretty big deal.

 

I felt sick to my stomach, worried on the whole first day in class and being the weird new kid. I tug on my mom's shirt, she then crouch down, "what's wrong honey?" "Mom... I don't wanna go..." I said while looking at the ground.

 

"Everything will be okay, your brother will get you after school okay? Mommy needs to go somewhere later, can you be a good girl and do what mommy said?" She said and smiled at me. I scrunch my face but nod anyways.

 

We both head inside the school and to the principal's office.

 

I wait outside, sitting on one of the chairs in front of principal Seo's office. I flail my legs around and heaved a sigh. Soon, the bell rang and as if on cue, mom and Principal Seo came out from her office.

 

Principal Seo crouch down in front of me, "well, you must be little miss Jung! Come on, let's get you in class hmm?" I nod and hop off the chair I was on. I looked back to mom, she waved at me and gestured for me to continue walking.

 

I turn back and walk with Principal Seo as she lead the way towards my new class.

 

We stop in front of a class that has a plank with '4-1' written on it nailed to the door. I daze for a second before Principal Seo ushered me in slowly.

 

I open the classroom's door and enter. Everyone seems to get excited at the thought of having a new classmate. I put on a shy smile, not knowing what to do.

 

Mr. Gong introduced me to the whole class and told me to sit at the seat on the second row from the back of the class. I quickly took a seat.

 

We don't have a deskmate or something like that, we sit separately around 25 cm away from one table to another.

 

The lessons start smoothly, even though it has been 2 months since they start, I can keep up pretty well.

 

Soon, recrss came and as soon as the bell rang, everyone took out their lunch boxes including me. I look everywhere only to find out that everyone had already group up and eat together.

 

I sighed and frowned knowing that this would be a lonely lunch. Opening my lunch box, I start eating while trying to not to think about the noises of happy laughters everywhere.

 

While I was eating, suddenly a hand tapped my shoulder. I look around to find the person who tapped me only to find a rather cute boy with big doe and pleading eyes.

 

"Hey! I'm Lee Sungjong! I sit right behind you!" he grinned. I blinked my eyes several times, not believing that someone would actually sit with me.

 

"I-I'm ___!" I squeaked. Blushing afterwards after realizing my tone. He laughed and turn the chair in front of me to face me and he sat on it. "You're cute! You remind me of my cat!" he said while opening his own lunch box.

 

"Cat?" I asked while tilting my head in confusion. He nod while eating a piece of kimbap from his lunch box, "mhm!! He's a white fluffy kitty! His name is bago!" Again, I tilt my head in confusion, "why bago?"

 

"Because he's stupid" he said bluntly while staring at me innocently.

 

[A/N: BaGo (바.고), Babo Goyangi (바보 고양이), stupid cat. Lol am weird, idk what else to name the cat :|]

 

I was speechless actually, how can a boy looked so innocent said those words with ease!? He's weird...

 

Nevertheless, we spent our lunch chatting and joking. He asked about how am I coping up with the lesson and stuffs. He even said he'd be my partner if the teacher told us to pair up for a project.

 

I think he's a great kid, but I can't help but think that he's a little bit suspicious... I mean, who would befriend a newbie? Let alone an awkward one?

 

But then again, I can't be too suspicious at someone right? especially when they wanna befriend you...

 

Soon the bell rang, indicating that the next lesson is starting.

 

Sungjong pouted, "aww... I still wanna talk to you!" he whined. I giggled at him, "it's not like we can't talk again you know?" I said.

 

He took his lunch box and bring it to his table. He then poke me with a pen, "wait for me after school okay??" He said with another mouth-ripping huge grin on his cute face. I nodded excitedly and gave him almost the same grin he gave me.

 

The lesson went on with me and Sungjong continuously passing notes.

 

Hours passed by quickly and soon it's time to go home. I would have never think that a first day at school could be this fun and enjoyable! it's fascinating and exciting.

 

The whole class start packing up and everyone race out to go home. I took my time on packing my bag since I saw that Sungjong was too.

 

He finished packing first and slung his backpack on, "I'm done! Let's go!!" He squealed. Zipping my bag tightly, I slung my backapvk on and nod at him.

 

We walk out of the classroom to the field outside.

 

Suddenly 2 boys came over to us; one was waving at us and one was just staring. it's kinda creepy really... he looks intimidating.

 

"Hey Jjong! Who's this cutie?" The energetic one asked as he tilt hs head. "This is my new classmate! She just moved in!" Sungjong grinned.

 

Sungjong's friend took my hand and shook it real hard, "I'M SUNGYEOL!!" He exclaimed, scream to be prescise.

 

Panic took over as I could only nod at him.

 

"That's Myungsoo!" He said while pointing towards the quiet kid. I peek over at him and he just stare at me without saying anything and look away which made me frown, 'rude...' I thought.

 

I look around to see if Taekwoon oppa is here but I didn't see him anywhere. Sungjong tilted his head and poke me, "are you looking for someone?" He asked. I nod, "my oppa, he should be here by now..." "don't worry! We'lll accompany you until he comes!" Sungyeol chided in.

 

We play around in the field while waiting for Taekwoon oppa to come 

 

He eventually did, he stood by the gates while calling my name. I wave goodbye to my new friends while walking towards Taekwoon oppa.

 

I held hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter