Encounter

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Soo Yeon sat next to the window at DROPTOP cafe in the morning with her macchiato, listening to music on her phone. She waited there, expecting her best friend Hyeri to be here to hang out.

As she waited, she decided to get a refill on her machiatto so she headed to the barista. "Refill on caramel machiatto please." She handed the barista her cup and waited. 

Carefully walking back to her table with her drink, someone accidently bumps into her, spilling some of the machiatto onto the guy's shirt.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Soo Yeon panicked, quickly placing the cup on a table and grabbing a handful of napkins.

"Watch it! Great.." The guy huffed as he snatched the napkins from her and quickly wiped his shirt.

Soo Yeon stands there panicking and apologizes many time before the guy stands tall and she could clearly see his face, scowling but softens.

"Let me buy you a new shirt, its dirty now." Soo Yeon said, feeling terrible.

"N-no! I'm fine, I have another shirt so there's no need to." The guy said with a calming voice which he no longer sounded mad. "I was in a rush so its my fault."

"Again, I'm so sorry!" Soo Yeon bows twice before hands land on her shoulder and she stops.

"You're making me feel guilty with your constant apologies. I told you its ok." He said, putting down the dirty napkins.

Soo Yeon scratches the back of her head and sighs. "How about this, give me your shirt and I'll take it to dry cleaning. I should feel a sense of responsibility." 

"If that's what you what then ok." He said. He heads to the bathroom and a few seconds later he comes out wearing a grey wife beater bearing his small but toned muscles.

'Wow he looks fine..' Soo Yeon thought as she tried not to stare at his arms to hard.

He hands her his shirt and she takes it. "Thanks...-"

"Jung Hoseok but my friends call me J-Hope or Hobie."

'J-Hope? Hobie? Weird nicknames...' Soo Yeon raised her eyebrow a bit and grinned at him now that she knew his name.

"Well Hoseok, maybe if I meet you here tomorrow at the same time, I'll be able to give this back to you." Soo Yeon said. 

"Or..can I have your number and you can call me when it's done dry cleaning?" Hoseok offered as he took out his phone.

"Ok then." Soo Yeon shrugs and when she finishes telling her number, her phones rings then hangs up.

"Great then I'll-" Before Hoseok finishes his sentence, they both hear someone call Soo Yeon's name.

"Hyeri! You're here." Soo Yeon waved.

 "Oh? Who's this?" Hyeri asked, as she looked at Hoseok from head to toe, batting her lashes.

"This is Hoseok. Hoseok this is my best friend Hyeri. We just met today." Soo Yeon said, politely.

"Apparently there was an accident but its taken care of now." Hoseok grins at Soo Yeon and she rolls her eyes.

"Well I should get going now, well we should but I apologize again for spilling machiatto on your shirt. I'll make sure to return your shirt to you ASAP." Soo Yeon said and grabbing Hyeri's arm, she drags her to the door.

"Wait, I didn't get your name!" Hoseok shouted.

Soo Yeon stops and turns around. "Soo Yeon. Im Soo Yeon." She smiles and turns to the door.

Hyeri says goodbye and once they're out the cafe, Hyeri sighs in relief. "Wow he's hot!"

"Its been 5 minutes and already you find him hot?" Soo Yeon asked, eyeing her.

"Do you think he has a girlfriend? With looks like that, he probably does." Hyeri said pouting.

"Hyeri please, you're doing that thing again." Soo Yeon warned her.

"I know but c'mon, don't you want to know if he does?" 

"I barely know him and its only been 10 minutes?" Soo Yeon rolls her eyes.

"But the way he was looking at you, I think he likes you." Hyeri teased and poking Soo Yeon in the rib.

"Are we going to talk about boys all day or are we going shopping?" Soo Yeon asked, putting her hand on her hip.

"Shop of course!" Hyeri smiled and dragged her to her car.

Hoseok's POV

As I watched Soo Yeon and Hyeri walk to Hyeri's car, my eyes kept lingering onto Soo Yeon. 

I've only met her for 10 minutes and already I felt attracted to her? Its too early and besides, I don't know her at all, just her name and her number.

'I'm crazy."