The Date

Valentine's Day Drabbles

Oh, how badly Jessica felt the urge to run to the nearest bathroom to rid herself of this nausea. She should be fine with this. Just think of it as a hangout, like it usually was. Just ignore the fact that yesterday was Valentine's Day.

And that Tiffany bought her a rose and wrote how much she loved her.

And that Jessica had bought not one, but two roses in turn.

And let's not forget Jessica's not-so-subtle confession that she had subconciously written, and that conversation they had had together last night.

Ugh, I feel so nervous... Jessica groaned as she took steps towards her best friend's house. She'd been there millions of times, but today just felt.. different. She brought her hand up to knock all while holding a little stem of freshly picked flowers behind her back. Jessica could hear the excited footsteps that stomped downstairs, when the door swung open and revealed the cutest smile that Jessica's ever seen.

Tiffany stood in the doorway with her usual ripped jeans and t-shirt. How does just that manage to take Jessica's breath away?

"Hi Jessi." Tiffany eyed Jessica up and down with a smile. Jessica still felt a blush coming onto her face. "H-i Tiff," Jessica stuttered pathetically, "Are you ready to go?"

Tiffany nodded and made sure she locked the house before they both walked towards the car. Jessica almost forgot about the flowers that she was gripping so hard behind her back. 

"Oh, Tiff, these are for you!" Jessica held them out, "I saw them as i left my house, and y'know.. they're kinda pink, so naturally.."

A smiled crept onto Tiffany's face yet again as she took them and sniffed them gently. "Well, well. Who's becoming a softie, now?" She teased. Jessica's eyebrows raised as she opened the passenger door. "Huh? Me? A softie?" Jessica scoffed and shook her head, "Pleeeaase."

 

Jessica took Tiffany for a walk around the city, but there was more to the date than that. She wanted to do something fun, and this was a cute and yet odd date idea for someone like Jessica.

They approached a kiosk, one that had a variety of bikes around the whole stand. Tiffany raised an eyebrow as she saw Jessica walking towards it.

"Jessi... really?" Jessica looked up as she walked back and put her money back inside of her bag. She suddenly felt her stomach drop. "What? Do you not want to ride bikes?" She gestured with her thumb, "I mean if you don't, we could always jus--"

"No, Jessica." Tiffany laughed and shook her head, "The question is, do you want to ride bikes?"

"What do you mean?"

"You don't even run for P.E, Jessi." Tiffany teased, "Are you sure you can handle a bike ride?" Jessica's mouth fell to a gasp and she immediately went back to the kiosk to grab two bikes, one pink and one blue. "Yes, I can handle a bike ride," Jessica scrunched her nose at Tiffany and earned a giggle in return.

It took a few minutes before the two could get used to the bikes, but after all of the "oops, sorry sir!" and "'Scuse me, comin' through!"'s, they managed to get the hang of it. They rode around side-by-side, occasionally sharing embarrassed glances that broke into a fit of giggles and blushes. Jessica would even sneak peeks at Tiffany while she was in awe of the buildings, and Jessica knows she's never seen anything more stunning.

After the ride, they returned the bikes and Jessica had offered to go get them drinks. They stopped at a supermarket for a couple of snacks and beverages before making their way to a nearby park.

As they sat beneath a shady tree and watched people walk by, Tiffany began to giggle.

"What?" Jessica looked over at the brunette and poked her arm. Tiffany smiled in reply and rested her chin on her hand. "It's just funny how we got together, y'know," She hummed softly, "Who would've thought?"

Jessica sighed back with a small smile and nodded, "Yeah, heheh."

"So just how long have you had this crush on me, hm?" Tiffany began to scoot closer to Jessica while holding a smirk on her face. Jessica's eyes widened and she began to grab for her drink. "Uh, not long.." Tiffany raised an eyebrow, knowing Jessica couldn't handle it. Jessica kept taking small glances over t her date and each time she'd see her with a more interested grin.

"Alright, alright." Jessica sighed and pushed Tiffany's knee teasingly, "It's been a while. Like, a long while." Jessica laughed, "I've just been too shy to say it."

Tiffany began to gaze at Jessica. Jessica's world slowed to a halt as she swallowed nervously and sat upright, just to look back into Tiffany's eyes.

"I thought your note was really cute." Tiffany tilted her head with the smallest shade of pink on her face, "Way better than any I've gotten."

Jessica raised her eyebrows and blew air from her nose. "Oh.. really?" She smiled. "To be honest, I got lost in the moment and it just poured out of me. I didn't mean to confess to you like that."

Tiffany's crisp laugh sounded in the air and it was like music to Jessica's ears. "You're such a dork." Tiffany teased with a soft pat on the girl's thigh.

 

It was now dark out as Jessica dropped Tiffany off at home. Tiffany held a bag of cotton candy that the two had gotten before they left as Jessica walked her to her door.

Both girls held blushes on their faces, and both praised the night that hid it.

"I had fun today." Jessica finally managed to speak, "We should do this again. Soon."

Tiffany smiled and nodded, "Yeah. I did too."

It was a little awkward now; both girls had thoughts swirling in their minds, but the feelings that hung between them went unanswered. Chirps of crickets sounded from who-knows-where, and Jessica pretended to be on the lookout for it.

Come on Jessica, just do it. Don't be such a baby. Jessica took a deep breath. Okay. Here we go.

She looked at Tiffany, who was now just staring at her, almost blankly. With a breath, she opened . "Tiff, I really--"

Before Jessica had even managed to say what was on her mind, Tiffany had leaned forward and pressed her lips to hers. Jessica's eyes widened and her body nearly went limp at the feeling of Tiffany's arms wrapped around her. Jessica was stunned; still, that didn't stop her from holding Tiffany in the same manner, keeping her close and secure.

It was warm, now. That's what it felt like when both girls had finally pulled away, both obviously still in their own worlds. They looked each other in the eyes for moments, with foreheads resting on one another and soft pants resonating between them.

Quiet moments passed before either one of them could gather their words.

"Yeah..." Jessica muttered, "I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you."