Not Even Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day Drabbles

Jessica huffed irritably as she swept her hand throughout all corners of her locker to rid of the many pre-valetine's day cards that was left by her "secret admirers". This must have been the third time Jessica rejected a batch of cards. The sound of crinkling paper was the only thing heard by Jessica.

People just don't understand rejection, Jessica groaned, It's like they want me to get paper cuts by doing this.

"Cleaning out your locker again, Princess?" Sooyoung walked by with a laugh, popping chocolates into . Jessica rolled her eyes and removed the candy from each of the cards, casually disposing of the papers itself.

 

Jessica laid back in her chair in first period with a disinterested look on her face. She could barely see the board over the mountain of chocolates that sat on her desk, piled with hearts that read "Would You Be My Valentine?". The candies were long gone and half-eaten cookies laid on their respective napkins. Jessica guessed that was a plus.

Sunny glanced over and laughed after making eye contact with her friend.

"What's the matter? Not satisfied with the amount of gifts you've recieved?" She teased. Jessica sighed with a small chuckle and shook her head. "I was satisfied with the gifts I got a looooong time ago. Now it's just bothersome."

Sunny shrugged with a smile, "Taeyeon was gonna buy me stuff too, but I told her I didn't wanna end up like you."

The two friends ensued their teasing arguement until the bell to end class rang.

 

Second period flew by with no problem and now she was free to be teased by her friends at break. She trudged her way to the table after waiting in class for a few minutes and was greeted with laughing faces. 

"What?" Jessica asked grumpily. Yuri looked at her and smirked, "We saw you cleaning out your locker earlier, but," She gestured to the group of boys walking away with bears in their hands, "Those guys came by the table and we kinda 'accidentaly' told them where your locker was."

Jessica narrowed her eyes into a death glare and huffed. "Thanks." She sat down with a sigh and saw all of them with their gifts from one another. Jessica couldn't help but chuckle at all of them. 

"Cons of having gay friends that all go out with each other, huh?"

The girls all turned their heads and her and formed smirks on their faces. Jessica pulled back with fright.

"Why? Is our little Sica crushing on someone?" Taeyeon pushed Jessica into the subject, "A girl too, perhaps?"

Jessica's eyes seemed to pop out of her head as she looked at each of the girls. "What?!" She began to protest, "I do not like anybody!"

"But she didn't deny that it couldn't be a girl," Yoona whispered.

"I heard that." Jessica glared.

 

The bell rang and signified the coming of Jessica's favorite class. Third period. P.E with Tiffany.

Ahh, how Jessica loved Tiffany.

I mean the class.

Jessica made her way to the locker room with a happy bounce in her walk. Seeing Tiffany was the highlight of her day. But who wouldn't get happy after seeing that smile of hers?

She walked through the crowds of girls until she saw Tiffany changing by the locker. She hummed to herself and sat her things down on the bench next to her.

"Hey, Tiff." Jessica smiled and could have sworn her heart stopped when Tiffany looked at her and returned with an even bigger smile. "Hi, Jess!" 

Jessica scanned Tiffany's locker and suprisingly, saw no bears or flowers or cards. Tiffany followed Jessica's gaze and began to laugh. "I put all the gifts inside of my second period class," Tiffany explained, "It would be a hassle to carry." Jessica smiled at Tiffany's intuiton and nodded, "Ahh. Seems fair."

"Where are all of yours?" 

It was funny how Jessica and Tiffany talked about getting gifts on Valentines Day like it was mandatory for people to buy them things, almost like it was their birthday. 

"I uhh..." Jessica breathed through her teeth, "I threw them away."

"What!" Tiffany exclaimed with horror on her face, "Why?"

Jessica just puckered her bottom lip out and shrugged, "Like you said, it'd be a hassle to carry. And, I mean, I didn't want to accept anybody's. It's not even Valentines Day yet!"

Tiffany looked at Jessica with a certain look on her face, a look so confusing and different that it made Jessica flustered. Tiffany finally sighed and shook her head with a laugh. "Wow, Jess. You're crazy."

Jessica only hummed and met the other girl's eyes with a smile.