Two Times the Love

Valentine's Day Drabbles

Well, today was finally the day. The day of love, cheesiness, and gifts.

And oh, how Jessica hated it.

She walked through the hallways filled with mushy couples and had to refrain from making a disgusted face. The hallway walls were filled with strings of red hearts and big signs that greeted everyone on this "special" day. 

It seems like Jessica's suitors finally received the message, considering no one tried to even walk near her on this day. Or maybe it was just that everyone was oozing love while Jessica... well, she just oozed "Jessica".

Jessica wondered how many suitors have asked Tiffany by now. First period had just began and she was almost sure that the number was well over 50. Tiffany oozed love and happiness every day of the year, and today would only multiply that.

The thought of Tiffany having a valentine made Jessica feel like a wave of jealousy just smacked her in the face. 

Maybe I should've bought her something... Jessica contemplated. Her friends that were in the school's activites club were selling roses, but that seemed a little too cheesy for Jessica's liking. 

No, it's alright, friends don't need to get each other things for a day like this. She sighed and slumped into her chair, sitting through the rest of her class bored and uninterested.

 

Break between class was even worse than Jessica imagined. She had no idea that her friends could be so... mushyJust sitting at the table made Jessica gag to herself and she couldn't wait until the bell for her favorite class would go off.

 

Jessica finally managed to escape the table of (love) death and hurried up the stairs to get as far away from the cheesiness as possible. She held her hands inside her pockets as she approached the lockers within the room and saw Tiffany putting her things away, with a rose in her hand.  

Jessica could just feel her soul and color drain from her body, only to be replaced with jealousy.

She began to trudge towards the bench and the sound of her bag landing on the bench made Tiffany aware of her presence. She turned around with a smile and greeted Jessica happily, holding the rose out towards her.

"Hi, Jessi!" Tiffany jumped happily. Jessica smiled at her and only spared a glance at the flower.

"Hi, Tiff. Nice flower." She held back the urge to grimace. Tiffany tilted her head to the side and pouted as Jessica changed her shirt. "You don't like it?"

Jessica suddenly felt bad for simply brushing off something that Tiffany obviously liked. "No, I like it!" She covered her rude words after hurriedly shoving her shirt over her head. She looked at the flower and then at Tiffany, "It's really pretty. Who... Who's it from?"

Tiffany just smiled widely and rocked on her toes to put it even closer to Jessica's nose. "It's from me," She beamed with a smile so cute, Jessica's funeral might as well be there in that room.

Jessica's eyebrows raised and her stomach felt like an exploratorium of butterflies was let loose. Her face began to match the color of the flower as she gently took it in her hand.

"......For me?" Jessica's voice squeaked when she saw a folded piece of paper taped to it labeled "Jessiღ" and the blush on her face darkened. Tiffany held a smile on her face and Jessica's heart stopped beating when she noticed the faintest shade of pink that sat on Tiffany's cheeks. 

"I wanted to get you something, but not candy because I knew you were tired of all the stuff you ate yesterday." She chuckled, "So, I hope you like it."

Jessica stared at it and a frown pushed through her pink face. 

"But... I didn't get you anything." She pouted. Tiffany shrugged and shook her head. "It's okay. I just wanted to get you something," She rocked on her toes like a child and smiled.

Oh no.

 

Jessica sat face-flat at the table that her and her friends sat at, with her rose sitting protectively in her lap. Tiffany's note rested just inches from her face, where she re-read it over, and over, and over, and over.

Jessi

Happy Valentine's Day, Jessi! ღ I always love hanging out with you and thinking about weird things, and I love you! I love you so much, omg. xoxoxo

Love Tiff

Seohyun peeked over all of Jessica's hair worriedly. 

"Ah... Sica, are you okay?" She asked quietly, "You should get up, the table is filthy..."

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at the youngest's antics and began to shake Jessica's shoulder. "Yo! Earth to Sica!" She hollered, "Wake up before I break your rose!"

"I'm not asleep!" Jessica hissed when she sat up and smacked Hyoyeon's hand away, "I'm sulking."

The girls raised their eyebrows and leaned into the table. "Did you confess to that girl you liked..? And she rejected you? That's why you have a rose?"

Jessica groaned loudly and banged her forehead on the table one last time. "Okay, you guys win," Jessica sat up and rested on her chin, "Yes, I like a girl, but no, I did not confess. This rose is from her."

Everyone's eyebrows seemed to disappear into their hairline and they began to ask excitedy who it was that stole Jessica's heart. 

"You guys know her.." Jessica muttered, "It's Tiffany.."

"Fany?!" Taeyeon exclaimed, "You like Fany?!"

"Will you shut up!" Jessica hissed while Sunny was the one to pull Taeyeon back down to her seat. Jessica groaned and let her head rest on the table again. "Yeah, it's Tiff. Can you guys just hush? I'm thinking."

Jessica sat blankly and stared out towards the many couples that sat around them. They all held bears and chocolates. That was too simple as a gift.

"Hey guys, wanna buy a rose?" Two people holding a bucket of flowers came by. Sooyoung shook her head, "Are there chocolate ones?"

The flower deliverers exchanged confused looks. "Uh... sorry, no chocolate ones."

"Then no thanks. But thanks!" 

Jessica's head suddenly lit up and she called them back over.

"Hey, guys, hold on!" She waved, "How much for two?"

 

Jessica breathed deeply as she waited by Tiffany's fifth period class. She held a handwritten note in one hand and two roses in the other. God, she felt like she was about to propose.

She eyed the note and hoped that it wasn't written messily. She had literally a minute to write and another to run up the stairs before Tiffany arrived. The class wasn't open yet and so a crowd of people waited outside the door. The crowd didn't ease Jessica's nerves as much as she'd like.

"Jessi?"

Jessica quickly looked up and saw Tiffany approaching her with a confused look on her face. 

Deep breaths, Jessica. Stay calm.

"H-ey, Tiff!" Jessica smiled awkwardly. Smoooooth. She internally face-palmed. "H-here, for you," She held out her hand and tried to avoid eye contact with the angel in front of her.

"Really?" Tiffany asked with a wide smile, "Thank you, Jessi!"

Tiffany reached and picked only one rose, but Jessica urged her the second one. "No, two of them," Jessica nodded. Tiffany raised her eyebrows and tilted her head, "Really? Two for me?"

Jessica nodded with a smile and reached into her bag. "Plus this note, and, uh, this lollipop!"

Tiffany's smile only grew wider before she pulled Jessica into a tight embrace. Jessica's mind immediately went blank and her arms limp. If paralysis felt like this, Jessica didn't mind as long as it was Tiffany's doing.

 "Thanks, Jessi." She hummed softly. Jessica could only mumble out a "mhm" before stumbling off to her own class with a wide smile on her face. 

 

The rest of the day passed with no problems at all. Jessica's goofy grin sat on her face until she got home, when she shoved her face into her pillow and hummed happy songs to herself.

As Jessica calmed down and began to start her homework, however, a text interrupted her thoughts. 

"Hm?" Jessica peeked over and saw that it was a text from Tiffany. Her heart began to race and she took a deep, nervous breath,

It's just a text from a friend, Jessica. Christ, stop being a baby and open it. She constantly scolded herself. She finally opened the text and felt her stomach flip upside down.

From: Tiff

Hey, Jessi, thank you for the roses! a quick question. i'm not so sure if you meant to write this or not.

A picture of Jessica's note was attached to the text.

To Tiff

Thanks for the rose, Tiff! I read your note and thought it was really cute. So, I wanted to say that I love you too. Spending time with you always makes my day and I hope we can stay together for as long as we can. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, and you know if you ever needed me I'd be there. So here's two roses, two times the roses for two times the love, lol. But I'd especially love if you'd be mine.

- Your Jess

Jessica began to shout into her pillow in frustration. 

I didn't mean to write that!! Jessica's mind was scrambled and she, flustered, I was caught in the loving moment and poured my feelings out!! I rushed!! I should have paid attention!!

A second text notification came from her phone but Jessica disregarded it. She was basically beating herself up for slipping and confessing before she was ready. What if she just broke her and Tiffany's friendship? Oh, no. Jessica ruined it. She ruined everything.

Jessica finally took a deep breath and decided to tell Tiffany the truth. It was just a mistake. She was caught in the moment and was influenced. Yeah.

She wasn't even able to type anything when she saw that the second text was from Tiffany.

From: Tiff

You know, if you wanted to ask me out you could have just said so. Let's go on a date tomorrow.