Comes Love

Vienne l'amour

cr

Fred Pellerin: Vienne l'amour

 

It was another morning there was light

Which filters the smoke of fireplaces in winter.

It was on the table and our fruits and our hearts.

And coffee scent kissed the flowers.

 

***

We Got Married. It’s a broadcast, a job. Nevertheless, it is inevitable: the feelings embark; the borders between love and friendship become blurred. One year, the duration of the contract, the duration of this virtual marriage where all is artifice. Is he really in love with her? He thinks so, yet the final was filmed on light airs, leaving a "see you later" rather than "goodbye" feeling.

***

 

Comes love

And silence and bands

Comes doubt

And happiness he prepares

Comes love

Comes doubt.

 

***

He misses her. She misses him. The doubt seized them. Was not it just a side effect because the shooting stopped? After all, they had seen each other rather regularly because of the broadcast. Nevertheless, by keeping low figure, they were able to speak again. Avoiding the paparazzi is the thing the most complicated to the world, at least for them. Nevertheless, under the protection of the members of their respective groups, they were able to see again each other again and dive back into their own world, the one that was created the time of a broadcast, where almost everything is allowed.

 

He knew the rules when he decided to become an idol. The show only meant more visibility for him and his band. That was before he fell in love with her. Yes, he was in love with her. There she was, before him, unaware of his real feelings towards her. But the circumstances were against them. He had just started his career at an astonishing pace; she had a breakthrough success with their biggest single to date. Do not to compromise their future with a scandal; he would have too many regrets if something happen by his fault. Instead, he decided to lock himself into a world full of her.

***

 

And the daily rush and then passing time

Your smiling eyes that land on my delicacy.

Under your shade I liked to lose a moment

You were all I am tender within.

 

***

She decided to grow up, following his advice. In the end, he was the only boy she was close to. Even the most sociable people in the company failed to make her lose her "perfect girl" shell. Yet without her noticing, he snuck under the walls she built by necessity and destroyed them from the inside. She had seen the way he looks at her when he thought she was not aware of it. She would have liked to confess everything to him; she had fallen in love with him. Without warning, taking herself by surprise.

His need of her to talk "banmal" with him, that possessive look to others boys who looked at her too intendly, everything was for her source of discovery. Doubt settled down little by little. What if she was only taking advantage of his feelings to discover what is love? She had never felt loved by others than her family. According to him, she was more innocent than a 10-year-old child in this field! She never had a boyfriend or a crush. Yet within a year, he had made her feel what she had missed so far. But was it really love or just a sentiment of dependency?

 

She distanced herself from him for a while; even avoiding his calls, driving her crazy. She tried to get over him, living different experiences, making commitments on different paths to see where it was going to lead her. She even went on a few dates with a sunbae from her company; she was also doing a musical with him. Yet the feeling of discomfort lasted: she missed him. After a discussion with her unnies, she began to take his calls and respond to his texts again. She began to live again.

***

 

Comes love

And silence and bands

Comes doubt

And happiness he prepares

Comes love

Comes doubt.

 

The wind tells that we have not lost anything.

This hurricane is in fact only a tenuous breeze.

If the dust of day needs a little water,

I will offer a few tears to awaken your skin.

***

It has been 5 years since their first meeting. Both parties still speak to each other, get along well and always seem into a different world when they are together, a rare event and shielded from the cameras. It has been 5 years since they have each other in their hearts, with nothing to encourage them to confess their mutual feeling, to the displeasure of their respective groups. A couple that is together without really being together. A couple where all circumstances are against them. A couple that missed the boat. Nevertheless, this couple is strong and happy in their own way. Despite the doubts that crosses them every time they think about confessing to each other, they are always together, even if it’s only behind the official term of “friends”.

***

 

Comes love

And silence and bands

Comes doubt

And happiness he prepares

Comes love

Comes doubt.

 

Comes love

Comes doubt.