A chance wasted.......is lost forever

Random Access Memory

Hello chingus! I'm back with another short one shot. This one's a lill angsty with brothers!Hunhan. I dunno what has happened to my happy muse. All I think about is angsty stuffs. I'll try to make a fluffy one for the next one shot. Till then, enjoy this..... love love love xoxo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Luhan had mixed feelings about returning back to his home country from the States. Sure he had missed China a lot, not to mention his family and friends but not necessarily everyone, especially not his half-brother. But the moment he came out with his luggage to find his best friend, Joonmyeon, waiting for him, all the mixed feelings flew out of the window. He missed his home, to hell with everything else.
But soon the moment of bliss was gone when Luhan found him beside Joonmyeon and his blood began to boil. His half- brother. What the hell was the bastard doing there with his best friend? Since when did Joonmyeon talk to that bastard? And more importantly, why would his best friend bring the most hated person in Luhan’s life to welcome him?
Seething in anger Luhan was unable to check his temper as he growled at the younger boy, “What the are you doing here, freak?”
The boy only looked at him with sad eyes, but for the brief moment when Luhan was looking into them, he managed to see happiness there – genuine happiness to see one’s loved one after a long time. But it was gone in a moment, when the younger boy looked down in shame.
“I just wanted to welcome you home. I’m sorry hyung. Really sorry” he mumbled softly.
Luhan scoffed at him, “Yeah right! As if looking at your unlucky face would be such a great welcome”
Luhan felt Joonmyeon grab his arm with a warning look but he ignored it. 
“I’m so sorry hyung. I should have known better. Please don’t spoil your mood because of it. I’ll – I’ll just leave” the younger boy stammered nervously. He looked at Joonmyeon and gave a small smile, “Thank you Joonma hyung” and turned to leave.
“Wait Sehun-ah” Joonmyeon’s voice stopped him and Luhan watched as his best friend looked at the boy with eyes filled with concern.
“Are you going home?” he asked to which Sehun gave an obedient nod.
“Are you sure you can go by yourself?” Joonmyeon asked, and for some reason Luhan looked Sehun up and down for anything to trigger any concern. But he found nothing. The kid looked the same if not a bit skinnier and paler than before. But then again, Luhan never really cared about him what-so-ever. 
“Yes Joonma hyung. I’ll be alright” Sehun reassured the older boy. He was about to turn to leave when he once again looked at Luhan. “It was good to see you again hyung. I missed you a lot”, with that Sehun turned and left the airport and Luhan could bet he saw Sehun’s eyes turn glassy at the end. 
Luhan didn’t know why but his chest suddenly felt tight with unfamiliar feelings of concern and worry.
But instead of thinking about it, he rolled his eyes and muttered, “bastard” under his breath but loud enough for his best friend to hear.
Joonmyeon sighed and looked at his immature best friend, “Really Luhan? Kid comes to welcome you and this is how you treat him?”
Luhan glared at his best friend, “He deserves that besides, why was he here anyway?”
“Because unlike you, that kid missed his brother like hell”
Luhan gave him a sharp look, “He is not my brother, Suho; Never my brother. He is nothing but my father’s bastard.”
Joonmyeon sighed, “How old are you Han? Huh? You are still blaming Sehun for your father’s one mistake? Even your mom loves him like her own son. You think Sehun wanted this? Wanted to be a mistake of two adults?”
Luhan looked at him irritated, “I don’t know what my mom sees in him to love him so much. And I don’t care what the bastard wants. He is none of my concern. And are we seriously talking about my father’s illegitimate child on my first day of return, Suho?”
Joonmyeon sighed again, “Sorry, I know you don’t want to talk about him. I’m sorry. Common lets go, Yifan and the gang are already waiting for us at Yifan’s place” 
Luhan sighed and nodded but as they were about to head towards the exit, Joonmyeon’s next words made Luhan’s chest tight again with the same previous feelings:
“He really did miss you a lot Han. If possible, don’t hate him so much and try to talk to him before it's too late. You never know right?”
Luhan stopped in his tracks and looked at his friend sharply, “What do you mean Suho?”
The other boy shook his head, “I just don’t want you to do anything which you would regret later”
Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, “You think I’ll regret hating the bastard later?” He scoffed, “In your dreams”
Joonmyeon gave a small smile and grabbed Luhan by his arm to walk beside him.
“None of us are lucky enough to have a younger sibling, Luhan. But you are. You might not appreciate it now but one day you will. I’m just afraid that when that day comes, it’ll already be too late”
With those cryptic words Joonmyeon walked towards his car, leaving Luhan to mull over his advice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End!

What did Joonmyeon mean  by all that? Why was he so protective of Sehun? *wink* *wink* its up to you to decide. Take care loves :D