Banjjag Banjjag Eyes

Random Access Memory

A/N: Here is the first story. I hope you enjoy it.

Warning: mentions of mpreg

Disclaimer: Sehun and Luhan belong to each other themselves. unfortunately they aren't mine. But I do own little Jiang :) ohh, and all the mistakes are mine too since its unbetad. Now, on to the story.....

 

 

Sehun was engrossed into a novel, when a sound of sniffling broke his concentration. Looking up he scanned the entire reading area but nothing out of the ordinary caught his eyes. Thinking it to be a figment of his imagination, Sehun shrugged and went back to his novel. A few seconds of quietness and again the same sniffles came to his ears. Frowning, Sehun bookmarked the page and got up to investigate properly. At first glance nothing seemed wrong. But Sehun closely followed the sound of soft sniffling and sure enough it led him to the little corner in the children books aisle, where a tiny body was crouched beside the shelves, hiding behind a small chair.

Sehun looked around for anybody who might know who the kid was but found that aisle devoid of anybody else. Slowly he squatted down so that he would be atleast somewhat at the kid’s eye level and moved the chair aside.

The kid, a little boy of five or six at the most, was sitting there with his legs drawn up to his chest, face buried on his knees. The boy raised his little face a bit, peeking a little at the person who seemed to find him, then promptly hid his face back and let out a whimper.

Sehun tried his best to look as less intimidating as possible due to the height difference even with him squatting.

“Hey there!” Sehun called out softly, hoping the kid would respond to it.

If anything the little boy scooted further away from him.

“Hey hey, it’s okay, I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to help you. Are you lost?”

The child looked up at that and his tear-streaked tiny face broke Sehun’s heart.

“I- “ the child hiccupped, “I c-can’t find m-my Daddy”

Sehun looked around, “Your daddy must be looking for other books. Come, I’ll help you find him”

But the kid shook his head as more tears spilled out of his eyes.

“Daddy isn’t here. I lost him” the boy cried.

“Hey, don’t cry kiddo. You didn’t lose your daddy. I’m sure your daddy must be looking for you too. Would you like me to help you find daddy?” Sehun asked kindly.

The little boy looked with tear filled eyes, “Yes, please” he nodded his head.

Sehun gave a gentle smile and opened his arms and the child shyly came to him, wrapping his tiny arms around Sehun’s neck.

Sehun smiled and rubbed the child’s back.

“Alright kiddo, now tell me something. Do you know your daddy’s cell phone number?”

The baby boy shook his head, “Daddy made me learn it b-but I-I don’t rem’mber it now. I’m sorry” he hiccupped.

Sehun quickly shushed him by wiping his tears dotingly and rubbing his back.

“That’s alright kiddo. Don’t worry about it. I wouldn’t have remembered my daddy’s number too if I had lost him, at your age. So, now we have to find your daddy without his phone number. Now, do you remember where did you see your daddy for the last time?”

The child rubbed his eyes with his little fists and let out a cute little yawn. Sehun’s heart melted at the sight. He had always loved kids and had once dreamed of having kids with a certain someone. But when that certain someone left him over a silly misunderstanding involving a girl, Sehun never really found love in anybody else. Not that he even tried to date. It had been years and Sehun was still not over his heartbreak.

Looking at the child in his arms, Sehun couldn’t help but think that if he had a child with that certain someone, perhaps that kid would have looked as cute as this one.

“Ice cream shop”

Sehun put a pause on his chain of thoughts and focused on what the kid was telling him.

“Ice cream shop? Then how did you come here?” he wondered.

The little boy looked down with a guilty expression.

“I – I wanted to buy the x-men books but daddy said I already had more than ‘nough. So when daddy was paying the ice-cream ajhussi, I came to look at the x-men books. I thought daddy would come but he didn’t. I miss daddy”

The boy whimpered again as fresh tears ran down his cheeks.

Sehun wiped his tears and rubbed his back gently. “Come let’s find your daddy. I’m sure he is missing you too”

With the child in his arms, Sehun opened the door of the bookstore and walked to the ice cream parlor next to his shop.

“Did you leave your daddy here?” he asked to make sure it was the right ice-cream parlor. The shopping mall had too many floors and too many ice cream parlors and Sehun hoped that the kid’s father was on that very floor itself.

The kid nodded in agreement and looked around for his father.

“Do you see daddy anywhere?” Sehun asked.

The kid pouted shaking his little head.

“How does your daddy look like kiddo?” Sehun asked, looking around too, wondering if he could match anybody based on that.

“He looks like daddy” came the answer

Sehun smiled, “Yes he does. But can you describe him? Like what is he wearing or how tall is he, what is his hair and eye color, if he has any special feature?”

The kid bit his lip and put a finger on his chin to think for some time.

“Daddy wore white tee with headphones picture on it and black pants and green jacket with 7 written at the back. Daddy says that tee is his favorite ‘cause a special friend had given it to him and 7 is his lucky number.”

 “He is not very tall, about that ajhussi’s height”, saying the kid pointed to a man at a distance. “His hair is honey color and his eyes are brown like me.”

 The kid rambled on and Sehun tried to draw a mental picture based on that description.

“Daddy’s eyes are big and his smile is the best smile in the world”

Sehun smiled at that and added big eyes and sweet smile to his mental picture.

“Sometimes, people say he looks beautiful but daddy always says that he is very manly”

Somehow that picture started to sound familiar to Sehun. Very familiar.

“He has a hole in his ear”

Sehun frowned and looked at the kid.

“What? What hole?”

The child touched his left ear lobe and tugged at it, “Hole in here”

Sehun laughed, “You mean his ear is pierced?”

The kid nodded sagely, “And daddy wears a cross in that ear”

Sehun looked shocked at all information. His heart skipped a beat in an unknown possibility. He thought for a while and asked, “Is the cross white in color and made of crystal?”

Could it be him?

Sehun waited for the kid to say no but he nodded his head as yes.

The height, the hair color, eye color, the ‘manly’ saying and those clothes, accessory even that lucky number – although not too uncommon, yet Sehun’s heart sang a different tune. Suddenly he felt nervous. Could it be really him? Could Sehun really meet him after all these years? Would he even remember Sehun? He must have found someone again if he has a kid. But then again the kid’s age would be roughly the 5 or 6. That would mean….

Sehun’s eyes widened at the sudden thought that came to his mind. Could it be….?

“Kiddo, how old are you?” he asked in a shaky voice.

“I’m five”

Sehun closed his eyes and swallowed hard.

“Ajhussi, daddy has a special feature too!” the kid reported excitedly.

Sehun looked at him and that pair of eyes seemed like a copy of Sehun’s lost love.

The same pair of twinkling eyes.

“Daddy has eyes like me. Daddy says that our eyes are…”

“Banjjag banjjag” Sehun finished the sentence, already knowing the answer.

How could he be wrong? There’s probably only one person who said that his eyes were “banjjag banjjag” and always insisted that he was a “manly man”. Sehun knew it because he had been the one to gift that cross, he had been that special friend to gift that tee with headphones sign and he used to date that guy with “banjjag banjjag” eyes.

“How does ajhussi know?” the kid asked in awe.

“Wild guess”, Sehun took a deep breath and asked the question he had been meaning to ask ever since the doubt took place in his heart regarding the kid’s father.

“Kiddo, is your daddy’s name….”

“Jiang!!!”

The kid turned his head at the call of his name.

“Daddy!!!!” he screamed and wiggled out of Sehun’s arms and ran to his father.

Sehun stood stupefied at the sight.

After five years, finally he found his love again – even if that love didn’t love him back.

“Jiang, how many times did I tell you not to wander off without telling me? Do you know how worried I was? I looked for you everywhere! Everywhere Jiang, but I couldn’t find you”

The little boy had his head down with a cute pout adorning his lips.

“Sorry” he apologized quietly. Then he pointed to where Sehun was standing, “But the kind ajhussi helped me look for daddy” he said with a smile.

Sehun watched as the boy’s father followed his finger with his eyes and saw Sehun. At first Sehun thought that maybe he won’t be able to recognize him. But the moment his eyes widened in realization, Sehun knew that he wasn’t forgotten.

“Hey Luhan” Sehun gave a short wave.

“Se-Sehun” Luhan whispered his name”What are you doing here?”

“I work here” Sehun replied back.

At Luhan’s puzzled expression, Sehun pointed at his bookstore – White Deer.

“You work at White Deer bookstore?”

“I own the chain of White Deer bookstores”

“Oh”

“Daddy you know him?” Luhan looked at his son, who was tugging at his jacket sleeve. His eyes flicked to Sehun’s for a moment and then focused back to his son.

“Yes baby” he nodded truthfully.

Jiang gave a relieved smile, “Oh, so that’s why ajhussi knew it”

Luhan frowned at him, “Knew what?”

“That daddy’s cross was white and crystal and daddy had banjjag banjjag eyes”

A wave of emotions hit Luhan and he took a deep breath to compose himself.

“Sehun- thank you so much for taking care of Jiang” he thanked the younger adult politely.

“You don’t have to thank me. Anybody in my place would have done that. How have you been Luhan?” Sehun asked, desperately trying to talk to him.

“I – I have been good. I see that you have done very well too. You look well, Sehun”

“Yeah well, I have been busy trying to find why someone would leave me all of a sudden with letting me explain anything and disappear”

“Sehun look…”

“No, it's fine. Whatever caused you to do that, I’m sure you had a pretty good reason for doing it. I just need to know one thing. Is he – Jiang, I mean – is he, by any chance, mine?”

“Sehun listen this isn’t the right time…”

“There’ll never be a better time than this, Lu”

“….and the right place to discuss”

“Luhan please, stop avoiding my question. Just a simple yes or no would suffice.”

Unknown to both the adults, little Jiang was closely looking at Sehun’s face with furrowed brows and great concentration.

Just when Luhan was about to say something to bypass Sehun’s direct question, Jiang solved it all with one loud happy shout.

“Appa!”

He screamed happily and jumped twice before wrapping his arms around Sehun’s legs, since he was roughly the height of the bookstore owner’s legs.

“Jiang!” Luhan looked flushed and Sehun’s face reflected a shocked but happy expression.

“Jiang you shouldn’t do that” Luhan tried to pry the kid away from Sehun but Jiang held on tightly. He looked at Sehun with his arms raised, asking silently to be picked up and who was Oh Sehun to deny the adorable cherub of his wish?

“You are my Appa right? I have seen your pictures in daddy’s albums. Although you looked a little different then and your hair was different too, but I know you are my Appa.”

“Jiang stop it” Luhan scolded him but the kid didn’t pay any attention to it.

“Daddy doesn’t have anybody else’s pictures in the albums. Only Appa’s and daddy’s from college and the rest are all mine” Jiang informed proudly. “Oh there are some pictures of me before I was born too, when I was inside daddy’s tummy. So I know you must be my Appa. Please tell me I’m right. I really like you. You are my Appa, right?” he asked in a pleading voice, scared that his deductions might be wrong.

Sehun brushed Jiang’s hair away affectionately from his eyes and looked at Luhan sharply.

“Why don’t you ask your daddy, kiddo? He could give you the answer”

Luhan closed his eyes and sighed. When he opened them Jiang was looking at him with hopeful eyes, waiting for his answer.

“…….”

“Daddy?”

“Ye-yes. Sehun is your Appa”

“I KNEW IT! YAYYY” Jiang screamed loudly and wrapped his arms around Sehun’s neck, pecking his cheeks in happiness.

Sehun hugged his son tightly to his chest, not wanting to let him go even for a fraction of second. He looked at Luhan, who had tears running down his cheeks.

Sehun raised his arm and gently wiped them away with his thumb.

“Banjjag banjjag eyes should always smile, never weep”, he said the same words that he used to say to Luhan whenever the older boy felt sad and cried.

Luhan gave a teary smile and hugged Sehun to his dear life.

---------x------------x----------------x---------