The Maknae of Eleven Hyungs

Random Access Memory

A/N :- Heya! *waves* how have everyone been? I'm eagerly for EXO's new album :D and whoaaaa SEHUN DANCING IN WATER!!! bye bye world...hello heaven! :D

Okay, now about the fic...its somewhat different from my usual happy writings. I had written it about 2 years ago in the hope that I could make a chaptered story but after a few chapters, life got in the way and it has remained unfinished like that. So i thought, why not post the first part and see if ya'll like it or hate it. 

Title: The maknae of eleven hyungs

Genre: gen

Pairings: None

Warning: Mentions of child physical abuse and ill-treatment.

 

The Maknae of 11 Hyungs:-

Life was never easy for Oh Sehun. Despite being an adorable chubby baby, he was never loved by his family. His parents completely ignored him. From the moment he could understand the surroundings around him, he was told that he was a bad luck for his family, an unwanted person.

Apparently his family was pretty well off before he was born. But after Sehun’s birth they had gone bankrupt, and his parents blamed everything on the poor little child, ignoring the little fact that his father was alcoholic and his mother, a spendthrift. He was mistreated at home, wasn’t fed properly and if he dared to talk he was beaten by his parents. His tiny body was filled with fading as well as fresh scars and he had no friends since nobody wanted to talk to the ‘freak’.

As he grew up, he became a loner at home and at school too. He hid from the bullies who kept on teasing him and his parents cursed him for even breathing. Sehun hid behind his books and immersed himself in reading. He was a friendly kid but nobody knew that as he was never approached by anyone.

Therefore, his books became his best friend. He would lose himself into them without any worry. Reading was his favorite thing to do, other than dancing.

Even when he was very little, he used to love music and dancing. The times when the house was empty, Sehun would sneak into the living room and turn on the tv to watch dance shows. He surprised himself when he could copy those moves effortlessly. He knew he could dance well but he dared not to ask his so-called parents about letting him have dance lessons. Especially not after his mother had caught him practicing a few steps while watching tv. Sehun was beaten with an old thick stick, which used to be his late grandfather’s walking stick, and was not allowed to eat for the rest of the day. Whatever dreams he had of learning how to dance from a professional, were crushed under his mother’s cruel feet.

When Sehun was 10, his parents finally got fed up of him and kicked him out of the house. For the whole day the little child had cried in front of his door, begging his parents to take him in. There weren’t many neighbors around and the few houses that were there, tended to mind their own business and not meddle with others’. Hence no help came from them. When Sehun realized that no help would come, he had slowly walked away clutching to his only backpack, in the hopes that someday he would not be so unlucky.

Hope glimmered when a kind lady found him at the park and took him with her to an orphanage. Sehun was happy to at least have a place to stay instead of sleeping on the streets. He was treated well in there and the older ladies took care of him. He was starting to feel what happiness meant for a child.

When after a month, a couple visited the orphanage they immediately fell in love with the adorable ten year old and decided to adopt him right there.

Sehun felt happy to have a woman who didn’t hit or curse him as his new mother and a man would smile and ruffle his hair affectionately as his new father. He was even delighted when his new ‘omma and appa’ told him that he would be having big brothers at his new home and not 1 or 2 but 11 of them.

To say that Sehun was excited was an understatement. He had always wanted an elder brother, someone who would love and protect him, play with him and hang out with him. And instead of 1 he got 11! Sehun couldn’t wait to meet them.

The sight of his new home left the little child open mouthed. It wasn’t a house but a mansion. Sehun had never seen such a big and beautiful house in his 10 years old life. The interior was even more beautiful than the outside, if that was even possible. Sehun couldn’t believe his life would turn into something that wonderful.

 But he had spoken too early.

His new parents called on his new brothers and introduced them one by one.

They were Joonmyeon, Yifan, Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Zitao and Jongin.

Although Tao and Kai, as Zitao and Jongin liked to be called, were more or less the same age as of Sehun, they were still older by months and hence were his hyungs.

Sehun bowed and greeted his new hyungs with his wide, adorable smile, “Annyeong hatheyo, Thehun imnida” he said in his sweet lisp.

At a first glance they all seemed sweet and friendly and very nice. They smiled and welcomed him in front of their parents. But as soon as their parents’ backs were turned, they dropped their angelic acts and snarled at him.

Sehun was taken aback at the sudden change in their demeanor. He had learnt from his new parents that all his brothers were adopted too like him and they have been living in the house since they were kids. Sehun had thought that since they were also adopted, they would understand his situation but he was wrong, so very wrong.

Luhan hyung, the boy with the most angelic face, had grabbed him by his shirt’s collar and warned him to stay away from them as much as possible. Yifan hyung, the tallest of them all, had given him an equally scary look and told him not to bother them in anyway. Tao hyung, the boy who resembled a cute panda, had his scary eyes and told him if he dared to come on their way then he would face dire consequences. The rest of the hyungs too gave him equal warnings, not in words but through their matching glares. The last was Kai hyung, whom Sehun had thought would become his good friend, but who pushed him on the floor and pointed a finger at him, “There is no room for strays here. Not anymore”.

Sehun had burst into tears but neither of them comforted him, instead they laughed at him and called him ‘cry baby’. Sehun had dared not to utter a word to his parents, who were blissfully oblivious.

When night came, Sehun was made to sit with his hyungs for dinner, specifically beside Luhan hyung. His new parents were so happy and they even said that Sehun and Luhan hyung looked almost alike. Although Luhan hyung gave a small smile to his parents, the kick on Sehun’s shin told the younger boy that his hyung was not at all happy about it. Sehun didn’t say but he was scared of Luhan hyung.

Still, dinner was better compared to what followed next. Their parents wanted Sehun to share rooms like all his hyungs. But problem arose when none of the boys agreed to share. Yifan and Tao hyung were in one room, Joonmyeon and Yixing hyung in another, Minseok and Jongdae hyung shared the third room, Jongin and Kyungsoo hyung shared the fourth, Chanyeol and Baekhyun hyung shared the fifth.

Only room left was Luhan hyung's.

His parents smiled and Sehun gulped.

“But omma, I don’t like sharing my bed. Isn’t that why I always had my own room?” Luhan hyung complained.

Sehun looked down feeling sad, even though he knew something like this would happen.

“Luhan, honey, omma knows that. But you see, Sehunnie needs to sleep somewhere and right now only your room is left which isn’t occupied by two people” omma smiled and answered kindly.

“Omma, Luhan has the habit of kicking anybody who is in his bed” Yifan hyung spoke up.

Omma laughed again, “Well, I’m sure our Han will not hurt Sehunnie. Right son?”

Luhan glared at Sehun but mumbled a “Deh omma” in response.

So that’s how Sehun found himself sharing the huge soft bed with the person who scared him and probably hated him the most.

“Good night boys” omma smiled before turning the lights off.

It was quiet for a few moments and Sehun decided it was best to apologize to the older boy to be the reason behind him being forced to share his precious bed.

“Mi-mianhe Luhan hyung. I didn’t mean to -” before Sehun could complete, he was roughly kicked and shoved out of the bed.

The little boy fell on his back painfully.

“Oww!” he cried softly, but dared not to make loud noise in the fear of waking up his parents.

The bedside lamp was lit and Luhan’s mean face came in his view.

“Yifan wasn’t joking when he said that I kick anybody out of my bed” he snarled at the little boy, “You will sleep in this room but on the floor for now, till omma and appa are here. Once they leave, you’ll pick your up and not think about stepping a foot in this room. Arasso?”

“Where…where will I sleep hyung?” Sehun sobbed in fear.

“Not my problem” and with that the light went out.

Sehun cried the whole night and wondered how he landed from one family to another, who only hated him. What scared him most were Luhan’s words ‘once they leave’. Sehun didn’t know where his parents would go or even why they would go but he knew that whatever civil attitude his hyungs were displaying, even that would disappear once their parents were gone.

And that’s exactly what happened.

Sehun learnt that his parents had business in China too. So they had to travel a lot. In their absence, butler Lee took care of the boys. But he couldn’t do anything to help since he was an old man himself and didn’t meddle into the boys’ matters.

As warned earlier, Sehun was kicked out of Luhan’s room and after sleeping on the kitchen floor for two nights, Sehun found a tiny room in the attic. It was mostly full of boxes and such but had a small bed. Sehun asked butler lee if it was alright if he cleaned up the space and stay there. Although the old man was a little surprised as to why Sehun would want to stay in such a dump, he agreed to it. Thankfully none of his hyungs objected to it and Sehun found a place where he could be at peace.

Whenever their parents were in town, Sehun would move back to Luhan’s room but sleep on the floor and as soon as their parents left, his things would be promptly thrown out of that room without any warning.

Sehun was enrolled in a very prestigious school in the country where his hyungs went. It was a school which was rivaled by all who couldn’t get into it. Once admitted, it had the facility till college education. And although Sehun was very grateful to his parents, he hoped he didn’t have to share the same school with his hyungs.

As they grew up, Sehun found that his hyungs were all so very talented and insanely popular. Girls threw themselves at their feet and boys wanted to be like them.

Sehun? Well he was just a shadow of EXO – that’s what their hyungs called themselves; Eleven of the most handsome, rich, talented and cool boys.

 While the students worshipped EXO, they bullied Sehun mercilessly. Sometimes, his hyungs would also laugh at him getting bullied, sometimes they would ignore him completely but never…never did any of them try to stop it or God forbade, help him.

Although Sehun knew they were not blood related, it pained him when his hyungs didn’t even acknowledge him as their dongsaeng.

Nobody knew he was the maknae of eleven hyungs and life continued like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

You know what you have to do :D comment please ^_^