01 trainee

Rolling Stone
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dear 5-years-from-now Kim Yoonae,

Today is your seventh year as a trainee in the one and only JYP Entertainment. I believe that you, the me from five years later, has already debuted. Now if you really did debut, CONGRATULATIONS! You worked hard to achieve your dreams so you deserve a pat on your back.

 Let me remind you of the hardships you overcame as a trainee and be proud that you did it.

Let me begin.

 

Not much thrill or hardship came your way four years as a trainee.

Then he came.

Yes, your trainee life became thrilling and hard when some guy came. Stupid you might think, but it is the truth.

 

I heard from our group’s leader, Han Minyoung, that the new set of trainees will start training today. It made me excited and competitive at the same time. More trainees is equals to the chances of debuting smaller but more chances of meeting people with the same dream as mine. I like working and being around people who has the same passion as me.

We were currently having fun and showcasing our main talent to ourselves in one of the practice rooms. Our group is composed of four members. Han Minyoung, our leader and the lead vocal. Lee Minseo is the main vocal, lead dancer and the maknae. Park Jiwoo – “Ji-U” as she likes to say – is our eldest, the mood maker, and the main rapper.

While I was in the middle of showcasing my dance, there was a knock on the door. We all turned our heads when we saw people with one of the staffs. They all bowed and the staff introduced them as the new trainees. There were surprising more male trainees since usually there were more females.

“Oh my god, I’m thanking JYP for allowing more “targets” to enter this entertainment,” Minseo squealed.

“You only think about boys,” Ji-U said while shaking her head.

“You’re the one who calls boys “boy toys” Jiwoo,” laughed Minyoung.

I didn’t join in the conversation because I was still shocked and suddenly self-conscious like how long did they even watch? I was embarrassed. Now this is why I still haven’t debuted. It’s because I’m not confident about myself. So I scolded myself and decided to join in the conversation.

“So who caught your eyes?” I teased Minseo.

“The guy with the black hair.” She stated proudly.

“Most of them have black hair though,” stated Ji-U a-matter-of-factly.

“Fine. The guy with the English print on his shirt. They should’ve said their names,” Minseo pouted. We were used to her and none of her aegyo worked on us except on Minyoung. She would fall for Minseo’s antics anyt

Please log in to read the full chapter