My College Not-So-Sweet-heart

Confessions of A Noona
Please log in to read the full chapter

"My College Not-So-Sweet-heart"

Genre: Fluff-ish

Characters: Jongin + Noona (Ray) & minor ChanBaek

published: 04 | 30 | 2015

 

I’m Ray, I’m in my third year in college but it’s only my second year in the new major I decided to pursue. This however is my first year being the RA (resident advisor) of one of the university’s co-ed dorm.

Being an RA requires balance. Apply the rules and regulations but don’t kill the students of boredom either. What you’ve seen in the movies are partially true. Dorm parties can get crazy which is where I step in. Anything that has to do with maintaining the safety of the people in the dorm is my job.

I was happy to take on the job as the previous RA was my roommate. I prayed to everyone that is holy that this year would be as smooth-sailing for our dorm as it was last year.

It was during the first day of the freshmen week that I met the living nightmare of a neighbor that I have. I’m pretty convinced he was (still is) the dark element that kept my prayers unanswered.

I mean… Who gets kicked out of their room within the first hour of moving in? Apparently, he does.

People say looks can be deceiving. Well this guy, he’s committing fraud everyday he walks out with that innocent and angelic looking smile of his.

So anyway, the story goes on.

“Ray, can you assist Jongin here in finding a new room.” The student advisor told me after I’d been summoned at the office. “Please.” She added with that desperate look in her eyes.

“Yeah! That future 40-year-old--geek I was roomed with clearly can’t get along with me.” He supplied when my eyes landed on him.

“Right. Because it’s such a joy to be roomed with you.” I mumble under my breath.

He’s a lacrosse jock. The letterman jacket and the stick is a dead giveaway.

I smiled politely and nodded at the SA before signaling him to follow me. I know some guys in the team. Heck, I know someone from the team with an empty bed in his room and a personality that might be able to tone done the airheaded jerk-ness of this one.

An hour later after leaving him with Chanyeol, his new roommate, I got a knock on my door. I opened it only to come face to face with Jongin, perfect white teeth in full view.

“Yes?” My eyebrow raises as I get curious of what he has to say.

“Chanyeol is a douche and left me to go see his boyfriend.” I’m surprised he survived Chanyeol for an hour. Or maybe I’m more surprised Chanyeol survived being with him in a room.

By the looks of it they’ve become friends too, since he knows that Yeol has a boyfriend. Not that that was a secret or anything. It’s just not the first thing you open up to someone about so easily when you meet them.

“Come help me with my luggage and stuff.” I hear him say.

“Uhm… No.” I replied to him. Like hell I will. He didn’t even ask nicely.

He laughed.

“It wasn’t a question, silly.” Was all he said. The next thing I know I was being dragged and was subjected to some heavy hauling.

The entire 30 minutes I spent with him, moving his stuff, felt like hours to me. I had never bickered with anyone that much and over the smallest of things too. He just gets to my nerves. I have to admit though that my attitude towards him was greatly affected by the first impression he left on me.

“Next time, be a good roommate and help out, okay Yeol.” I said as I saw the giant smiling goofily by the door of their room.

“But I did help him. Gave him shelter, didn’t I?” I shook my head as I handed him the last of Jongin’s boxes. Smart- giant.

That was the start of everything. Two months into the school year and I’m already half expecting the knocks on my door. If it wasn’t said dark element himself, it’d be someone complaining or telling me something ultimately traceable back to him.

Don’t get me wrong. He’s not completely terrible. He’s a very loyal and protective friend. He’s the type of guy that says he’s got your back and actually really mean it. And like I said earlier, he has an angelic smile, so yeah, he’s pretty darn attractive.

The thing that I don’t get is that I don’t know how someone can cause so much shenanigans for the stupidest of things. I will never understand this guy’s mind.

It’s not like the school would do

Please log in to read the full chapter