The Bus Home

Confessions of A Noona
Please log in to read the full chapter

"The Bus Home"

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Noona + Hoya / Howon

published: 04| 06 |2015

I stretch my arms out and bend a little to the side. My body especially my back, has been protesting for hours after the whole day spent in nothing but listening to lectures. Being a university student is not the same from high school. Teachers don’t care if you listen or not. If you want to pass and graduate, you need to have an initiative to do so. Life isn’t a path of roses. It makes you realize that you’re not a kid anymore.

I was really glad that my last class ended with a few minutes to spare. It meant I get to buy some snacks before I go home with my friend without having to line up.

Leaving the campus with a skip, I couldn’t help but grin at the thought of warm waffles. Just the thought had me salivating for the delicious snack.

To my surprise, my friend was already waiting for me at the snack stand.“Noona!” He called out with a smile and waved while holding what looked like waffles.

A smile automatically rose from my lips. “Howon!”I replied with the same enthusiasm and approached him.

He’s a year younger than me but it doesn’t stop us from being friends. I like to think that the age difference matter much. 

We hugged in greeting and when we separated, I immediately reached for the food and took a big bite. “Thanks for the food. I’ve been craving for this baby for hours.”The warm subtle sweetness of the bread slowly filled my taste buds. Nothing beats the taste of waffles in a cold day. The only thing missing was hot chocolate.

Howon chuckled.“No problem noona. I was hungry as well. You’re just lucky I decided to buy here.” Taking a bite of his own food, he remembered. “Aren’t you a bit early? You’re not supposed to be out for another 15 minutes.”

My attention was mostly on the waffles I was eating the whole thing like a champ. “My professor had a meeting with the other faculty members so my class was dismissed early.”

Being a fellow university student as well, he sighed almost dreamily. “Must be nice. None of my teachers are that kind. If they have meeting, we were left with class work. Why couldn’t they have us submit the work the following meeting? It’s not like they’re going to check them after their meeting.”

I shook my head and ruffled his hair affectionately. “At least you’re getting your money’s worth.”

Howon rolled his eyes at me and grumbled. “Money’s worth my …”

In minutes, we arrived at the bus stop waiting for our ride. We sat side by side and talked about our day. Time flies so fast for me whenever he’s around. Although younger than me, he gets me. He understands me sometimes more than I understand myself.

“…And this sunbae was so full of himself that he didn’t notice the girl he cheated on cut his pants right in the middle. He was walking like he’s a badass while his junk was hanging out.”How

Please log in to read the full chapter