Stubborn Independence

Confessions of A Noona
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Stubborn Independence"

Genre: Fluff

Characters: NOONA + YUGYEON (GOT7)

SONG: SUNMI – Stopped Time

published: 05|11|2015

We girls are stubborn, always wanting to take care of things~

She concentrated hard on the speaker in front talking about the importance of the fundraising event. She tried her best to ignore the pain. Her poor feet couldn’t take it anymore but she had to it up and endure until the end. This wasn’t the first time her feet suffered from standing in her cursed heels. They were the only pair she has.

“Darn speeches… they take forever.”She muttered under her breath and crossed her arms in annoyance. Although she understood how important the event was, it still didn’t stop her from wishing it would end soon. Another minute in these shoes would make her feet bleed.

In her concentration, Yugyeom, one her colleagues in the hospital surprised her. “When do you think the old man will finish? I’m dying to eat.”

She jumped and glared at the younger man who was begrudgingly taller than her by a couple of inches. “How many times have I told you not to scare me like that? What if I screamed? That alone would bring embarrassment not only to me but the hospital. We’re supposed to be model employees.”To make a point, she slapped his arm hard. The younger male yelped but luckily enough, the crowd was paid them no mind.

Like her, Yugyeom dressed nicely for the charity event. He looked better than his usual clothes to the office. His blonde hair along with the new clothes made him look exotic with a hint of bad boy vibe going on. That thought had her smirking. In her opinion, the male has the bad-boy vibe going on even on normal days. The distraction helped her forget about how much her feet hurt.

Yugyeom rolled his eyes and didn’t seem to mind the sharp slap on his arm. He hooked an arm over the older female’s shoulder and raised a brow. “I don’t think it would matter. A small thing like that would influence these people not to help out. Trust me on this. We don’t really matter.”

She removed his arm over her shoulders with her forefinger and thumb. Her eyes told him that she didn’t welcome the gesture.

“Admit it. Even you wished that he would finish up.”A grin formed on his lips, teasing her.

His smile was contagious, making her smile as well. She shook her head and gave his chest a light smack for making her laugh. “Shut up and behave.”

Even as she told this, she knew Yugyeom would never truly behave.

The man at the podium spoke for no less than 30 minutes, not that she was counting. She only noticed the time when her phone vibrated, alerting her of her weekend alarm for a show that she religiously watches. Slightly frowning, she silently wished she was at home where she could enjoy a night of peace of quiet.

“Thank God. I thought he wouldn’t stop.”Yugyeom said with an exasperated tone. She smacked him again for the second time tonight, chastising him for his childish behaviour. No matter how much she felt the same, she was polite enough to keep her thoughts to herself. But unlike her, Yugyeom, the younger male tended to be outspoken of his thoughts.

“Yugyeom! Manners please.”She hissed and looked around, checking whether someone heard the blonde’s comment.

Like what he said earlier, everyone was too preoccupied by their own business to take notice of them.

“I told you noona. These people won’t care.”He put his hands in his pocket, showing her that he’s not even afraid. She found his uncaring stance annoying and decided to ignore him.

The older female walked away from him but as soon as she took the first step, she yelped in pain. She reached out in his direction in reflex and bit her lip. It felt like her shoes cut off all the blood circulation in her feet, even her calves hurt and unusually firmer than usual. If this continues, she was sure her muscles will be cramping in no time.

“Noona.”Yugyeom steadied her and bent down to see what was bothering her. The hint of worry in his voice was evidence enough that he might be youn

Please log in to read the full chapter