Truth

Love Lies 『Baekhyuncupcakes』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

Sehun drove his car with a smile plastered on his face. The man felt excitement was filling his body as he was about to surprise his girlfriend with a huge teddy bear and flowers. This night would be their last night together before he left to Seattle and he wanted to make this night meaningful to the point where Hyejin would remember it every single day. He had been preparing everything, even what he was going to say. Leaving her to Seattle saddened him but necessary because he had promised to his parents and Sehun is the man of his words.

 

After droving off for nearly an hour, he finally arrived at the girl’s house. A big white house that he was so familiar with, too familiar. He came to her house almost every day to pick her up in the morning before going to school and drop her after school, lots of work but Sehun was happy that he could do something to his girlfriend. Even though he had been in relationship with her for almost 2 years, he never really got a chance to introduce himself to her parents since they are always busy and spend most of their time overseas.

 

He decided not to rang the bell today since his visit itself was a surprise. Sehun lied to Hyejin that his flight was in the morning even though the truth was midnight. Hyejin was so upset and cried because she could not her boyfriend to the airport due to her exams which placed the same time as his flight. They spent their not-so last night together yesterday but it still made her upset. Sehun could only laugh because their true last night is this day and not yesterday.

 

He passed through the door and walked into the house as if the house was his, just as he was about to call the girl name, Sehun’s gaze then glued to a girl and a boy hugging each other. The girl was crying into the man’s chest and he embraced her so closely. Sehun froze in his spot as the teddy bear and flowers he held before fell to the ground. Hyejin and Jongin. His girl and his best friend hugging each other. The drop made the couple broke the hug and searched where the sound came from.

 

Both of them widened their eyes. They could see his burning face and disappointed look. Sehun did not want to spend any longer in this house and started to walk away.

 

“Wait, Sehun! This is not like what it looks.” As if he was deaf, Sehun refused to hear what she has to say. Then he felt someone grabbing his hand. “Please hear me out first!”

 

She was tiny and her hold seemed not to bother him at all because she practically got dragged as Sehun kept walking. “Let me go!” Sehun strongly yanked his hand away from her grasp that made her fall. But he did not even bother to look back. Little did he know, he caused something terrible happened to the love of his life.

 

When Sehun needed to think, he liked to take a walk. And this night he decided to walk all the way from Han river to the garden. In the smoky heart of Seoul, with its thick, unhealthy air, and its narrow, blackened streets, there was a garden to freshen our mind to clear all our heavy problems even just for a moment. His long legs roaming around as he crossed the city.

 

A lot of people stopped by only to stare at the handsome young man as he made his way to the garden. They could not deny his beautiful face with milky skin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter