Beginning

Love Lies 『Baekhyuncupcakes』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a hot summer afternoon. A bright light shone through the dark smoke of Seoul, and the smell of hot oil filled its thick, dirty air. On the cooler side of a quiet street walked a handsome man of about seventeen, tall, expensively dressed, with cold face. He was noticed by some pair of eyes at the street, admiring his gentle and unbelievably handsome face, he realized every attention they gave to him but chooses to ignore them.

 

The handsome man went on his way to the coffee shop nearby, he inhaled and exhaled deeply before entering the cafe. This was the area where that girl lived, he just hoped that he would not have to meet her here by any chance. After ordering food and drink, he chose to sit at the very corner. The man was sitting safe and sound while occasionally take a sip of his coffee, his gaze focused at the distance far ahead, moving from place to place. This place still brought him warmth and peace exactly like what he remembered. There were some houses with brightly lit pubs on every corner. He realized how much he missed his hometown.

 

Seoul

 

A city where he left his heart to. A city where everything started and ended. A city that he had wished he never return again. It’s been over a year since he moved to Seattle. Luckily the man could finish his studies quickly for he is a smart guy and was able to be back to his hometown. Even though he had many doubts to come back, but in the end, he finally did. After finishing the food and drink, he went out from the coffee shop but his broad chest suddenly bumped into someone’s body. The man’s scream could be heard from the distance when boiling hot coffee poured to his skin and expensive clothes.

 

He cursed under his breath. Such a bad luck. He was so ready to throw tantrums to the intruder of his day, but then his mind went blank when their eyes met. The world seemed to stop as he saw the most beautiful pair of eye and the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, ever. But the excitement and joy turned to anger in a blink of eye since it was the same beautiful girl whom broke his heart into pieces exactly 15 months ago.

 

The girl remained calm and refused to break their eye contact. He took a moment to get a good look of her and he realized that she has changed a lot. In a positive way. Prettier. She has become a lady. Long black hair with a great taste of fashion, great smile which he misses every single day, she still had a pleasant face and beautiful brown eyes that once made him fell in love. Deeply.

 

“! I am truly sorry sir....” She lowered her head down a few times feeling guilty and repeatedly help me to wipe the stains off my clothes even though the act was kind of useless because it was a freaking coffee stain. I remained quiet but my gaze never leaving the girl's face. Even seeing her face still made my heart flutter. Then it hit me so hard that she just called me ‘Sir’.

 

What the hell is she trying to do right now? Plays innocent by pretending not to know me because she felt guilty? I could not even tell whether she was guilty because of the coffee stain or because of what she did. Well she should be guilty for both of them. I could care less, maybe she is just such a good actress. Seeing her acting like this made me sick and I couldn’t stand seeing her face anymore, at that moment I decided that I want to leave the place right away, leaving her hanging.

 

I was ready to walk away and get rid of her face when I felt a soft hand grabbing my arm from behind, holding me back. “Hey, why do you have to be so rude? I just want to help you with the coffee stains on your clothes.” She asked me while my back still facing her. “Look! your arm is swollen. Are you okay? Does it hurt sir?”

 

Okay first, this ‘Sir’ nickname thingy is getting out of hand. And second, who in the world would be okay after being poured by hot water? She became so much p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter