Chapter 3

Heartache Paradox

   Lizzy was kind enough to give me a ride. Isn't that sweet? OK maybe I begged her to drive me, but I really needed a ride.

"Thanks again Lizzy" I said smiling at her

She shrugged "I had nothing else to do. Might as well".I smiled and looked forward.

A few moments later, we saw his huge mansion. I didn't notice how big his house was a few days ago. Lizzy pulled up to the gate and honked. Less than a second later, the gate slowly opened letting us drive in. She drove around the water fountain to the front door of the house. I opened my car door and waved "Bye! When I get home I'll tell you all about it"

   I talked to the door watching my step in my black wedges. I wore a nice black skirt dress, white headband, and my hair down into my face.

     I rang the bell, humming I waited. Some guy with pink hair answered the door smirking "And who might you be?"

"I'm __, I was invited to dinner "  I said sweetly

"Oh you're the girl were having over huh? Come in".

     I stepped in and walked to the living room. Some guy with blue hair, wearing a white and black blazer, a grey shirt, and grey and black pants, looked up from his phone and looked me up and down "What? were you born in a cave? Go take off your shoes" was all he said then looked at his phone again. I kept my mouth closed and took off my shoes sitting them by the door.  

     I walked back and bowed "I'm __". He didn't even look up "I'm Top nobody can call me anything other than Top got it?"  he said looking up this time. "TOPSIE!! COME HELP ME PICK OUT AN OUTFIT" I heard Jiyong yell from his room. He sighed "Except for him". "CHOI SEUNG-HYUN CLEAN THE TUB NEXT TIME YOU USE IT YOU BLUE HAIRED PIG!" yelled some girl. He sighed "And her. But that's it!". He got up and walked out the room yelling "IT WASN'T ME".  

  The pink haired boy sat on the arm of the couch wearing a varsity jacket,jeans,a black shirt, and three solid gold rings on each hand. "I'm Taeyang and you met Top already" he said chuckling a bit. "So who invited you here? Was it Seungri?" he asked

"Who is that? By chance"

"Yeah it couldn't be him he wouldn't even buy a girl a plate of galbi let alone invite her over for dinner" he laughed. "What about Daesung? He's a nice guy"

"Jiyong invited me" I explained tired of him guessing.

"Jiyong? Really?" he asked surprised. I nodded "How about we meet the others while we wait for dinner to be done". He put his arm around me and walked out.

    We walked down the hall to a room and knocked. When there was no answer Taeyang just walked right in. A guy with blonde hair,wearing a black leather jacket,black shirt, and black jeans, stood up instantly "You can't just walk in here like that!"

"I knocked didn't I?" he laughed "This is our dinner guest __". I waved smiling. He walked over smirking at me. "I'm Seungri beautiful" he said touching my face. I grabbed his hand and shook it surprising him and Taeyang "Nice to meet you". When I let go of his hand, he looked down at his hand "Yeah same" he said with less life. Taeyang pulled me back "See you at dinner".

    As we walked to the next room, Taeyang laughed "That was amazing! You're the first girl to resist that move. I was sure I wouldn't see you until after dinner". I laughed "I'm not stupid I watch the tv shows! I know all the tricks"

    We reached the next room and knocked. With the ok, we walked in. The guy with long brown bangs covering his eyes smiled and stood up "Who's this?"

"I'm__" I introduced myself bowing not knowing Taeyang was still behind me.

"You dont have to bow for me. we're friends now"  

I smiled "friends"

"Hey you smell good" Taeyang said randomly sniffing my neck

"What?" I asked

Daesung walked over and sniffed my neck as well.  "Yeah she does" he agreed

"Its just perfume guys... I can give you guys the name of it if you want?" I offered confused

"No its something else... But what is it?" Taeyang said

Dae stepped back shocked "Its blood!"

Taeyang stepped back "Really?" he asked his lips.

"Yeah I have blood. Don't you guys?"

"Of course but yours smell nice"

"You can smell my blood?"

"No.... Lets go!"

     Taeyang grabbed my hand and walked me to the last room knocking. "Come in"  said a girl voice. I opened the door and bowed "I'm __". The blonde girl, wearing a red sleeveless shirt, high waist white pants, and black eyeliner, looked me up and down then smiled "Hello i'm Lee Chae-rin, but you can call me CL".

"That would be nice"

"So who invited you?" she asked brushing her long blonde hair in the mirror.

"Jiyong"

"What?!" she exclaimed dropping her brush.

"Is there a problem?"

"Not. at.all" she said through gritted teeth. Taeyang scratched the back of his neck "Lets go sit at the table".

 

        At the table,Taeyang tried to flirt with me but I brushed it off joking around with him. Soon,the others came in. Jiyong walked to me and hugged me "I thought you wouldn't come!"

"What? I would never stand you up"

    Everyone sat down. Cl walked in last and sat across from me. The maids brought out medium rare steaks and red drinks. I thanked them and reached for the glass. Jiyong grabbed my glass and gave it to the maid "Please bring red wine instead". They instantly ran and replaced it.

"You didn't have to do that Jiyong"

"Trust me, I had to".

     We all began to eat than out of no where Daesung broke the silence. "So where do you work?"

"At Royal Tech"

Top snickered "So your telling me you work for us?"

"Yes I started today actually"  

"So you have to do what we say right?" Sengri smirked.

"At work but if it's dumb I won't do it"

CL didn't even look up from her plate. "Are you a __?".

We all choked on our food. "CL!" Jiyong said

"Its OK Jiyong...yes I'm a ". The boys all looked shocked to hear me answer it.

She raised both eyebrows "Oh? So you're just a saint huh?"

"No just a " I smiled fakely

"Whoa" Seungri said shocked

"I'm not afraid of you" I told her still smiling

"You should be" she simply said. "You know me and Jiyong date so whatever is going on, stop it before you become a home wrecker"

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked looking at him.

"Yes. Sorry I didn't tell you" he said sincerely

"Its OK it wasn't my business"

"Sassy, honest, and understanding? Can I marry her now?" Taeyang joked

Top hit him in the back of the head "Dont be stupid"

 

   After dinner, I went to the kitchen and got more wine.How could he not tell me? He didn't even hint at it! He also didn't tell me he lived with the four other co-owners.

     I drank my wine watching Cl walk over "You know. Me and Jiyong will get married one day so stay away away from him"

I bit the inside of my cheek but said it anyway "He didn't mention you so he must not be as proud of you as you hope"

She stepped closer "You . I could snap your neck in two"

"Try me"

She put up her hand but was stopped by TOP "It's not worth it" he said and dragged her away.

"You don't know what he is! If you knew you'd run! Leave now before the consequences start!" Was all she yelled before she was out of earshot.

  I sighed and put my glass in the sink. I turned around and Jiyong was behind me. I jumped and held my chest "You scared me"

"I'm sorry about that"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you wouldn't want to have anything to do with me if you knew"

"I still would have been your friend.Hell we still are friends"

"You're not mad?"

"Not at you" I smiled and pinched his cheeks. He smiled "I'll clean up here; go talk to Daesung". I nodded and began to walk down the hall. Taeyang stepped out his room smiled "Where are you going?"

"Daesung's room"

"Want me to go too?"

"No but thank you" .

    I was about to knock on the door when I heard talking. I put my ear to the door.

"Me and Tae smelled it ,Top; she's normal" Daesung said

"You sure? Does Jiyong know?"

"I think so"  

"CL will surely kill her than"

I walked in "what do you mean CL will kill me?"

Top turned around surprised "None of your business" he pushed past me and walked out.  I looked at Daesung. "Why is everyone acting so weird?"

"I wish I could tell you, but I can't be the one to tell you" he sighed "I'm sorry".

I sat on the bed "I understand it's not your place to tell me".

   After talking and making jokes for a while, I reached to move his bangs out his face. He blushed and grabbed my wrist "What are you doing?".

"I wanted to see your full face"

"I don't think that's a good idea" He said softly, putting his head down.

I tried to look at his face "Come on I think you're beautiful on the inside. I wanna see if the outside matches. He nodded and lifted his head. I made two bangs and pushed the middle on top of his head. He had his eyes closed, scared of what I'd say.

I smiled and rub my thumb under his eye stopping his tear "Your beautiful to me Dae". He opened his eyes "What?".

"I said you're beautiful" I sat back "You should show your face more".

"You think so?"

"Of course. Your eyes are beautiful. They make you look adorable". He smiled and hugged me. I hugged back and stood up "You promise to show your face more?". He smiled and took my hand "Promise".

 

     A few hours later, I was In the living room with all the guys. CL was sitting by Jiyong pouting. "So guys I have a question" I said patting my dress down "Why did the lady at the restaurant tell me they don't serve 'your kind'? is it because I'm a foreigner?".

They all looked at each other thinking. CL laughed "No It's because you're different duh"

"Different how?"

"Thats not my place to say"

"Jiyong has to tell you" Seungri said.

"I'll tell you when the time is right" Jiyong put up his Pinky "Promise?"

I took his pinky, biting my lip not sure if I should ask more questions. I know if I needed to know, I would have known by now. Until than I will wait "Promise".