February 14th, Sophomore Year (CDs and Cookings)

February 14th

 

 

 

 

Jongin stared at the squared item in his locker. A CD in a case that he had decorated himself.

 

Jongin facepalmed. “I’m such a sap.”

 

“Yo,” A hand settled down on Jongin’s shoulder. Jongin turned to see Jongdae’s smiling face greeting him. “Ready?”

 

“For today? I hope I am.” Jongin sighed and close his locker shut. His eyes traveled down the  the item in his friends hand. “What is that for?”

 

“This?” Jongdae lifted the paper bag in his hand. “I thought I’d come prepared for this year. Never know what might happen again.”

 

Jongin frowned, shooting his friend a glare that made the other burst out laughing. “You’re an awful friend.”

 

“Awful?” Jongdae laughed out. “I at least help you redeem yourself with him afterwards.”

 

Jongin hummed, mind drifting back to the same day of last year.

 

“He should be fine now.” Jongin heard a faint voice say.

 

“That’s good.” Another voice said. “Can I leave it to you to watch him until he wakes up? I got to go help my mom at the shop.

 

“Sure no problem.” A third voice drifted to his ears.

 

I have to leave out for a bit too.” The first voice said. “I’ll be back shortly.”

 

Footsteps tapped along the floor until Jongin couldn’t hear them anymore. He opened his eyes, the soft light of the evening sun glowing on the ceiling his looked upon.

 

“You’re awake.” Jongin’s breath hitched as he turned to the familiar voice besides him. “Do you still feel sick?”

 

“No,” Jongin croaked, pushing himself to sit up. “I’m... I’m fine.”

 

“That’s good.” Kyungsoo gave a relieve smile.

 

“How long have I been out?” Jongin asked, looking over to the clock on the wall.

 

5:03 pm.

 

“A couple of hours. You gave me quite a scare at lunch.” Kyungsoo pulled out his phone, typing in something and putting it away.

 

“Sorry about that,” Jongin muttered, face turned away in embarrassment. He upchucked in front of his crush... on valentine’s day... kill him now...

 

“It’s okay.” Kyungsoo reassure. His hand reached over to ruffle the black locks of the younger and gave him a soft smile., “I’m still happy that you gave me a gift. Even if I probably won't be able to eat it. I’ll make you something in return one day, sounds fair?.”

 

Jongin stared, mouth slightly agape as the soft rays of the fleeting light fell against the older’s face. The warm smile making his heart thud against the constraints of his chest.

 

He couldn’t trust his voice to give any words so he nodded meekly, smiling back to the other.

 

“So what is it this year Romeo?” Jongdae sets his bag down on the table in front of them. This year they had a foreign language class together.

 

“I made him a CD of songs he would like.” Jongin thinks back to the object in his locker. “...That doesn’t it?”

 

“No, no!”Jongdae gives the other comforting pats. “I say it’s better than attempting to cook again.”

 

Jongin scowled, smacking the patting arm away. He tilted his seat back, eye casted out to the nearby window of the room. Students were still hurrying in before the morning bell rang and among the students was him.

 

“So when were you going to give him the gift?”His hyung asked. “Or am I going to have to help you again this year?”

 

“I don’t need your help this year.” jongin stuck his tongue out childishly. “Don’t you have your own love life to contribute to?”

 

Jongdae hummed. “I may have my eyes on someone. But I don’t want to be cliche and make my moves on Valentine’s day. I like to be spontaneous.”

 

“Oh shut up.” Jongin grumbles. He wasn’t cliche... he just needed a valid occasion to gather his confidence for.

 

The morning bell echoed in the room and through the halls and the final few students rushed inside the room. Including Do Kyungsoo.

 

He has been lucky so far these two years and he hopes it will continue next year.

 

Unless somethings change.

 

Jongin couldn’t help but notice the distraught face his crush expressed as he settle down next to Luhan (Kyungsoo’s bubbly talk body of this class) and told the story of whatever has happened.

 

“Now that I’m wondering,” Jongdae starts. “How did you manage to make a CD of songs he’d like?”

 

“Taemin helped me.” Jongin reached in his bag to grab his notebook when the teacher finally entered in. “He said he could help me figure out some artist and he texted me the names last night while I made the disc,”

 

“Taemin?” Jongdae’s eyebrows furrowed. “How could he have know? He barely hangs around Kyungsoo.”

 

Before Jongin could answer, s quiet hiss of a ‘pssst’ snapped his and his hyung’s attention to a male behind him.

 

“Kai,” The male whispered the nickname people from the dance team Jongin was on started. “Taemin told me to give this to you.”

 

The male passed a IPod to him and it had Jongin frowning in confusion; but nevertheless, he took the device from the boy.

 

Why would Taemin give him his IPod?

 

*♥*

 

The question was slightly answered during nutrition when the bright auburn male himself popped near Jongin’s locker.

 

“Did you give it to him yet?” Taemin asked lowly.

 

Jongin shook his head. “Not yet,” He took the object out his locker and placed it in his bag. “I wanted to do it at lunch.”

 

Taemin’s eye narrowed to where the object lied in Jongin’s backpack. “I didn’t mean that I meant-”

 

“Tae!” A group of guys called from the distance.

 

Taemin huffed, ruffling his hair. “Just be sure t o give that to him.”

 

Jongin watched the other go, in a state of more confusion than the other already caused.

 

Strange boy that Taemin was.

 

*♥*

 

By time Jongin realized what Taemin meant that day, it was already too late to think of an elaborate plan. Jongin changed over the year. Instead of being too flustered to talk to Kyungsoo, he has managed to hold at least one actual conversation with the elder.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung!” Jongin called with a bright smile that didn’t show the actual nerves jumping around in him. The called male was leaning against some lockers playing on his phone.

Kyungsoo looked from his phone as soon as he heard his name, neutral expressions morphing into the smile Jongin loved seeing. Love.

 

“Hello Jongin,” Kyungsoo straightened up as the younger approached closer. “Happy Valentine's day.”

 

“You too,” Jongin reached into his bag and pulled out the CD. “I made this for you...”

 

“Thank you,” Kyungsoo looked at the CD with a smile before a small sad frown came on his face. “I would burn the CD to my computer for my IPod but I couldn’t seem to find it since yesterday.”

 

“Your... Ipod?” Jongin felt the creeping dread crawl up his body as he let pieces fall into place.

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo sighed. “I asked Taemin if he saw it since I was with him last but he said no.”

 

“Son of a b-!” Jongin covered his mouth looking back to his upperclassman who stared at him in shock of his outburst. “I mean ooh really? I hope that you can find it soon.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded unsurely, flustered by the outburst still. “Oh yeah!” The elder eached in his bag and pulled out a box container. “This is for you.”

 

“Y-You made me something.” Jongin took the container and opened the lid. Inside was a homemade lunch of what looked to be spaghetti.

 

“Yep. Kimchi spaghetti. I hope you like it.” Kyungsoo smiled. “And don’t look surprised! I told you I would make you something one day. I always keep my word. Well I got to go, see you Jongin.”

 

“Y-Yeah...” Jongin watched absentmindedly as his crushed walked away to a group of friends.

 

He made him food. Kyungsoo made him something to eat. And he gave it to him today. On Valentine’s Day.

 

Jongin pulled out his phone, quickly dialing a number and putting the device up to his ear.

 

“Hey wassup Kai. Did you-” The person didn’t get to finished before Jongin spoke.

 

“You dip idiot!” Jongin hissed. “Why the hell did you steal his IPod? And give the to me to return! He’s going to think it’s weird that I have the IPod! I’m going to skin you alive when-”

 

Key Umma!” Jongin heard the other speak in the line before another voice came on. “Don’t be talking to my Tae baby like that! He was only trying to help you.”

 

“Help me? All he had to do was ask Kyungsoo like a normal person.” Jongin argued.

 

“You know sometimes he isn’t the brightest with his plans.” Key hufed. “And just tell him you found it or something. No big deal. Gosh you’re such a drama queen.”

 

“I am-” The line clicked off leaving Jongin to groan in despair. He won’t be able to see Kyungsoo for the rest of the day, how was he suppose to give him his IPod back?

 

*♥*

 

Jongin sat in the chair on one side of the table, looking at the make who said in a bigger chair on the other side with a white cat stuff toy in his lap. The male looked at Jongin thoughtfully after hearing the situation.

 

“We have known eachother for two years now,” The male started, petting stuff cat. “I’ve watched you grow and start to need my services less than you once use to. But uh, now you come to me in your time of need, on the day of declared romance... After you refused my services I have given you prior you now bring forth this issue that you wish to be solved. You don’t even think to call me Godfather-”

 

“Jongdae are you going to help me or not?” Jongin rubbed his temple from the headache his hyung’s speech was giving him. "You aren't even saying the speech right."

 

“Tsk, you didn’t even let me finish.” Jongdae pouted (very poorly in Jongin’s opinion). “Fine give it here. And I’ll even throw in an extra work for you just because I’m nice on this generous day.”

 

Jongin sighed in relief, passing the device to the elder.. He won't admit it, but he was secretly grateful towards Jongdae sometimes. With much stress relieved from his body, JOngin made his way to the rooftop with the container in his hand.

 

With his back against the wall, the warm air of the spring against his cheek, he opened the container to take the first taste of the-

 

Ding, Dong. Ding, Dong.

 

“Ugh!” He groaned closing the container back.


He’ll just eat it in class. Just as he turned to leave his phone buzzed in his pocket.

 

 

From: ***-***-****

 

Jongdae told me that you found my Ipod! Thank you Jongin, ^^ I'll repay you back. How does ice cream sound?


P.S I cant wait to listen to the CD

 

-Do Kyungsoo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: I meant to post this yesterday... and the day before but I had to suddenly babysit. But Happy (late) Valentine's Day. This was part 2/4 of the story. Thanks for the comments, subscriptions, keep them up! Gotta get back to writing, by loves~.

Much love,

-xxRxx

p.S sorry if I didn't edit some parts.