February 14th, Senior Year [Present] (Celebrations )

February 14th

 

Kyungsoo began to stand up slowly, dusting off his pants. “I’m sorry, something... unexpected just happen. Did you need something?”

 

“You.” Jongin watched as Kyungsoo looked up into his eyes startled.

 

“What...?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“You.” Jongin repeated. “I needed to tell you that you’re beautiful. That ever since the first time you smiled at me my heart hasn’t stopped beating madly. I needed to tell you that my day is only complete when I get to see you and you start them off with those cute messages of good morning or goodnight. And that my life would be complete right now if you.... if you say yes to being my boyfriend.”

 

“Jongin...” Kyungsoo spoke with a voice full of emotion.

 

“I know you might have said yes to Suho but-”

 

Lips crashed into his cutting off the words that were going to spill out next. He could only register one word amongst the wave of bliss and happiness that hit him like a hurricane.

 

"Yes."

 

Jongin stood in shock, eyes wide out and staring down at the shorter male who smiled up at him with eyes filled with relief and bliss while the shorter’s arms rested around his neck. Even though it just happen, Jongin couldn’t believe it.

 

“What..?” Jongin asked, voice almost hush by the overcome of emotion because his crush just said yes.

 

“I said yes, Jongin.” Kyungsoo said, a blush spreading on his lips. “I like you too... I have for a while now actually.”

 

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo looked away when the blush burned brighter. The arms around his neck were a warm reminder that this was all real -- this was reality. With a joyous smile taking his face, Jongin picked the boy up, spinning him around.

 

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo squeaked in surprise as his arms clutched tighter around the other’s neck.

 

“You,” Jongin stopped his spinning to kiss the other on the lips. “You have no idea how happy you just made me.”

 

Kyungsoo looked up into Jongin’s eyes seeing the adoration, joy, and warmth staring back down at him and he could feel himself melting, falling more than he already was for the taller.

 

“Me too.” Kyungsoo said before connecting their lips again.

 

“Dude.”

 

Jongin snapped out of his thoughts when a finger went harshly to his side. The tan male glared down at the attack who stuck his tongue out unapologetically to the other.

 

“What?” Jongin hissed quietly because they both were still sitting in the back row of their math class.

 

“You were spaced out for five minutes,” Taemin said, straightening up in his own seat.

 

“And?” Jongin asked not seeing what the problem was.

 

“I got bored.” Taemin smiled boyishly when his friend gave him a ‘really?’ look. “So what are you going to do for your anniversary with the misses?”

 

“You know he doesn’t like it when you call him that, “Jongin rolled his eyes but there was a light smile on his face. It has already been a year since Jongin and Kyungsoo got together and they have been going steady ever since -the official marking of it would be tomorrow on Valentine’s day. The two may have bickered once or twice down the road but Jongin couldn’t have asked for a happier relationship than the one he had name. “ And to answer your question, I’m taking him out to dinner tomorrow.”

 

“Dinner?” Taemin seemed to cringe. “That’s so plain. Where’s the romance in that?”

 

Jongin furrowed his brows in confusion because was his idea plain? He thought it was quite standard and romantic. He had saved up his money to take Kyungsoo to a nice restaurant where they could have some alone time because that has been a bit difficult to do with the older’s college schedule and Kai’s.... well, friends. Recently his friends have been joining in on their last few outings but Jongin didn’t mind. It’s not like they were going to leave if he told them to.

 

He didn’t have any doubts in his plans up to this point but the facial expression of his friend started to change it all.

 

“Then... what should I do?” Jongin fidgeted in his seat. “If I were to make it unplain. Hypothetically.”

 

The bell rang to end the class and not a second later did the doors get flooded with the outflow of children going to their lunch break.

 

“Well my friend,” Taemin slung his arm around his friend’s shoulder. “I say that you should ditch the high and fine dining and instead, have a nice meal made from home.”

 

“I can’t cook.” Jongin pointed. “I barely made good chocolates. I told you the story remember.” Well Chen recalled it to the who group for a good ol’ laughing memory.

 

It wasn’t funny to Jongin.

 

“That’s why you leave it to your squad to cook for you.” Taemin coxed. “How about you leave things us to us tomorrow night. You can go take the misses on a nice little day date around the mall or go on a little stroll in the park and when the night hits, we’ll have a nice candle-lit dinner waiting for you guys with some romantic live singing, and you end the night with a touchy heart re-confession speech.” Taemin nodded, satisfied with the thought. “Sounds good right?”

 

Jongin lightly bit his lip in thought. It did sound like a good plan, the perfect set up to make Kyungsoo sway and love Jongin more.

 

Love.

 

This would be the first official time where Jongin could tell the other”I love you”.

 

“Can I trust you guys?” Jongin asked.

 

“Bro,” Taemin patted the other’s back. “It’s us. When has the team let you down?”

 

“How about when-”

 

“It was meant to be rhetorical.” Taemin pouted. “No need to bring up the past.”

 

Jongin smiled, slinging his own arm around Taemin’s shoulder. “Thanks man. I owe you one.”

 

“You and someone else.” Taemin muttered low enough so Jongin wouldn’t hear.

 

 

*♥*

 

 

“It’s been awhile since it was just the two of us.” Jongin said as he held his boyfriend’s hand.

The two of them had walked around the mall window-shopping. They went through the clothes stores to the shoe stores to a pet shop (where a puppy almost peed on Jongin much to Kyungsoo’s amusement) and to a bookstore (Where Jongin got his own laughs watching Kyungsoo try to reach for books). They now were taking the time to idly walk through the park hand in hand.

 

“You’re right, huh,” Kyungsoo hummed, lightly swinging their arms. “It’s a lot more quiet when Chen and Taemin aren’t arguing with one another.”

 

“Or when Chen tries to annoy Minseok and they get into a fight.” Jongin chuckled at the thought along with Kyungsoo. They both wondered how Chen did convince Minseok to date him when the other annoys Minseok all the time.

 

Jongin pulled out his phone to check and see if he had any messages from Taemin,

 

Tae: Think you might have to buy some more salt

 

Tae: And sugar.

 

Tae: You know what, just tell your mom to go buy a new set of seasonings and stuff.

 

“What the hell?!” Jongin yelled out before he could stop himself. He was feeling the regret in letting Taemin use his kitchen unsupervised (even though Chen, Minseok, and Ravi were with him).

 

“What is it?” Kyungsoo asked, curiously leaning over to see what the other was looking at. What Jongin didn’t expect was for the older to react the same way. “What the hell?! What is he doing?”

 

“He’s,” Jongin stopped himself, afraid he would ruined the surprise of the dinner plans. “I let him borrow some supplies from me but he must have ransacked my kitchen instead. ha ha.. You know how Taemin is.”

 

Jongin knew Kyungsoo would see through his weird attitude and say something but the elder didn’t speak a word. Wish was a bigger surprise to Jongin.

 

“You’re right.” Kyungsoo said with a sigh. “It amazes me how close of friends you two are.”

 

Jongin laughed, not sure how they were so close either. “You and me both.”

 

 

*♥*

 

 

It was finally time. Taemin had told him that the dinner was ready and that they had the scene set up. Jongin didn’t personally know how everything was going to look so he was extra anxious on seeing what Taemin and the rest ended up creating.

 

“You seem nervous.” Kyungsoo points out to the other as they were walking up to the front door.

 

“A bit.” Jongin admitted, both stopping before the front door.

 

“You have no reason to be.” Kyungsoo said as the door clicked open. “I should be the one that’s nervous.”

 

Jongin blinked in confusion. “Huh?”

 

“Hello Mr. Do,” Taemin said as he opened the door. Jongin was shocked to see that Taemin was dressed in a suit like a waiter at a restaurant. “Your table is ready.”

 

“Table?” Jongin was more confused than he was last week on his pop quiz in math class.

 

Kyungsoo smiled, taking Jongin’s hand and leading him after Taemin to Jongin’s backyard (not dining room like Jongin thought they would set things up). The backyard had scattered vases of roses, the table in the middle of the yard had a red candle lit in the middle with two chairs pulled up to it. On the side there was a piano, speaker,  and two mic stands on a stage mounted on the grass. The fading daylight to the night sky was breathtaking to Jongin as he could see the stars begin to come out of their hiding and light up bright in the area above him. Turning to his other side Jongin could see some of his friends- Chen and Ravi- also dressed as waiters and some of Kyungsoo’s new college friends, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Suho, dressed up as well and all smiling at him.

 

Jongin was speechless.

 

This wasn’t what he had planned for Kyungsoo.

 

This is what Kyungsoo had planned for him.

 

“Say something,” Kyungsoo looked down with a shy, nervous blush. “I don’t know if you liked it or not.”

 

“You did all of this... for me?” Jongin asked slowly.

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo said. “I thought back to our high school days and realized that you always tried to do something for me every Valentine's Day and I thought that I wanted to do something for you for a change. But If you don’t like it-”

 

Lips pressed against those of the talking elder. The taller’s arms cupped the face of his hyung, deepening the kiss.

 

“I love it,” Jongin said, smiling brightly at his boyfriend.

 

“Now that you love it, can we sit you two down and get things dinner on a roll.” Taemin said, not caring if he cut into their moment. “I wanna show off how well I did with the cooking.”

 

“Lies!” A voice, Minseok’s, shouted from inside the house. “You kept ruining things!”

 

“Your seats, sir.” Chen guided the two away as Taemin went in to go bicker about. The two sat across from each other, smiles on their faces as they looked at one another.

 

Baekhyun walked over the the small stage and sat in front of the piano. Suho helped set one of the mics on top of the piano as Baekhyun started to play a song. Ravi came out with two glasses, setting them down and filling them up with water.

 

“Your food will be out soon, enjoy the tunes while you wait.” Ravi winked at Kyungsoo knowingly and it make Jongin what was the secret meaning behind it all.

 

The food was brought out and much to Jongin’s surprise and Kyungsoo’s relief, it was actually very good. The two chatted while Baekhyun switched from playing, to singing, to letting Chanyeol play instrumentals through the speakers and he would sing by himself or with Chen. Even while they were speaking, it appeared to Jongin that the other was distracted by something by how he kept fidgeting about. It was when Chen started speaking that Jongin had an idea of what the secret communication was about.

 

“I think it’s about time the the planner of all of this came on stage and did his last surprise for his partner.” Chen smiled at the two.

 

Kyungsoo stood up, shooting Jongin a nervous look as he walked to the make stage. Chen stepped aside, letting Kyungsoo take his mic while Baekhyun stepped back with his to let the other talk.

 

“I, uh, “ Kyungsoo let out a nervous chuckle. “Well I planned all this like you know. I had Taemin plant the idea of the dinner in your head so it would be easier to surprise you when the dinner you thought you were having made for me be actually for you. I want to thank every one of you guys here for helping me out today to make this day special.” He paused, taking a moment to collect his thoughts.

 

“I remember when we met in that art class when you were a freshman to all those moments I watched you try to speak to me. The dorky side of you that you always showed unintentionally to me but I didn’t mind it at all. I liked seeing it. Every Valentine’s day you always caught my attention by doing something and it makes me smile looking back on it all now. Over the years I found myself falling for you and I know if you were up here speaking, you would say something similar. Well I hope you would.”

 

Jongin couldn’t help but let out a small laugh at that part. The smile on his face now stayed permanent as the other kept talking.

 

“I was happy when you confessed to me last year and I’ve been happy ever since. Well... there were those times we had fights that led us to not talk for days and there are those times when you do those stupid things mostly due to Taemin, Chen and Ravi that make me want to hurt you. Or when you thought it would be funny to switched the locations of my kitchen tools when I was trying to cook. I think you get the point. But if you don’t... I tried to write it in a song. I had Baekhyun help me sing it to you. You guys...”

 

Baekhyun nodded, signalling to Chanyeol to start playing the track.


 

“Kai,” Kyungsoo stared at the other in his eyes. “ I can’t explain what I feel. Oh baby my baby, baby, baby, baby. Yeah.”

 

Baekhyun stepped forward singing his lines.”“Making a day

feel like a minute.

With you, I’m the main character of a movie.”

“As if I’m about to film an action scene,” Kyungsoo sung next.

to come see you,

as if I’ve become a hero.”

The two sung the split lines. “You’re perfect to me, I imagined.

How would it be if we were together?

If only you say okay,

everything is perfect. Oh baby.”

 

The two started to sing together.

 

“I lost my mind.

The moment I saw you

Except you, everything

get in slow motion

Tell me. If this is love.

Sharing and learning countless emotions

everyday with you

Fighting, crying, and hugging.

Tell me, if this is love.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he sang the next lines.

 

All the guys in the world are jealous of me.

They must be jealous to death of me

for having you.”




 









 

*♥*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I never got to tell you this,” Jongin said as he held Kyungsoo close. The two were left alone after Kyungsoo’s performance (which made Jongin cry but he won't admit it out loud) and everyone else was inside cleaning up the mess they made. He had the elder sitting in his lap, the flicker from the candle lit the small area near them as the natural sounds of the night filled their ears.“But I... I love you. Like, a lot. Especially after all this you did.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled, kissing the other. “I love you too. Like, a lot. Especially enough to do all of this.”

 

Jongin kissed the other’s cheek, to his nose, to his lips. Thinking back over the years, his relationship did develop some way. From admiration to holding his crush in his arms and calling him his own. Nothing could beat moments like these and he hope that there will be more years filled with these moments as well.

 

“There was only one thing wrong with today,” Jongin said with a sigh, snapping Kyungsoo’s head up in alert.

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How the hell am I going to top this next year?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Yep. updates, one step at a time. Hope My Next one is Fairy Tale. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed it! Didn't proof read this btw.
 
Much Love
-xxRxx