February 14th, Junior Year (Confessions)

February 14th

“I’m going to confess to him.”

 

Taemin stopped writing and looked up from his book (yes, he was actually doing his homework for once) to stare at his friend. “You’re going to confess?”

 

“Yep.” Jongin nodded. “I’m going to do it before the day ends no matter what.”

 

Jongdae who was leaning back and forth in the chair he was sitting in gave his friend a pointed look before he took another bite out of his bread. The three had walked to school earlier than they needed to so they were currently sitting in the deserted library.

 

“You have grown balls over the years young grasshopper.” Jongdae hummed, taking another bite of his food. “There is some confidence in you I see.”

 

“I want to see him fail honestly.” Taemin said, eyes trained on doing his math homework. He should have anticipated the hand that came and smacked him across the head next. “Hey! I need what is left up there, don’t go smacking it around!”

 

“Sh,” The sound came from the far distance where they new the librarian sat in her office.

 

“Hey guys,” Ravi, a friend they met along the year, walked up to them. “Wassup?”

 

“Jongin is finally putting on his big boy pants and confessing his undying love to Kyungsoo.” Jongdae smirked at the pink tint that started to rise on the tan-boy’s face.

 

“Don’t phrase it like that!” Kai shouted, reaching over in attempt to smack his upperclassman.

 

“Shhh!” The librarian hissed louder from the distance.

 

“Whoop whoop,” Ravi chaired. “Way to go Kai~. So how are you going to do it?”

 

Kai paused, hand clutching Jongdae’s collar. “How?”

 

“Yeah,” ravi raised his eyebrow at his friend. “Don’t tell me you were just going to walk up to him and say ‘Kyungsoo I love you! Please be my boyfriend!’” Ravi mocked his friend’s voice.

 

Silence.

 

“You’re an idiot.” Ravi deadpanned.

 

“Shut up!” Jongin flushed.

 

“Alright boys,” The librarian walked up to the four with a stern, irritated face. “Out.”

 

“Damn it!” Taemin slammed his book closed and got up. “This is why I don't do my homework! Everytime I try, I get kicked out of the library!”

 

“It’s okay.” Ravi patted his back. “it’s not like you were going to get it done anyway.”

 

“Shhhh,” The librarian hissed after them as they made their way out of the library.

 

“Wait!” Jongin called towards his friends once they were out. After thinking about what Ravi had said before, he felt very under prepared for his whole confession. “You guys... you guys will help me with my confession right?”

 

Three over excited smiles made their way up his friends’ faces.

 

“Why of course.”

 

 

 

*♥*

 

 

 

“Pretty boy to base. Pretty boy to base. Do you hear me? Over?”

 

“Base to pretty boy. Get the hell off my phone line. Over.”

 

“You’re no fun.” Taemin whined over the phone line. Jongdae had the phone on speaker mode as he and Jongin sat on the roof top. “Well anyway, Kyungsoo hasn’t gone to his locker yet so be on standby until we bring him up.”

 

It was finally lunch. Jongin felt his palms sweating up, his nerves jumping around.

 

This was it.

 

He was putting all his cards on the line right now.

 

“Hey man,” Jongdae looked at him seriously. “What are you going to do if you get rejected?”

 

What is he going to do then? He spent three years caring, admiring, loving Do Kyungsoo... But what is he going to do if the other doesn’t feel the same way?

 

“I... don’t know.” Jongin looked up at the sky. He thought back to the first time they met. The first time Kyungsoo smiled at him. Every inbetween talk, smiles and laughs they had up until now. They had gotten closer over the past year since last Valentine’s day that he never thought of what it would be like not being without the other.

 

“I know confessing may ,” Jongdae leaned against the wall of the door. “You don’t know if  the other is gonna be feelin you the same way that you feel them but... Its worth it right?”

 

Was it?

 

“Have you confessed to someone before?” Jongin asked shyly.

 

“Well,”Jongdae gave him a wide smile. “I’m going to later on the month actually. I still think Valentine’s Day is cliche.”

 

“Realy?” Jongin asked in surprise. “Since when did you like someone? Who?”

 

“A certain puffy cheek male that you may have seen around your love interest a lot.” Jongdae hummed.

 

“Minseok?” Jongin laughed incredulously. “But he can’t stand you!”

 

“But he can’t resist me.” Jongdae winked. “This is our last year together

 

“Er guys...” Taemin’s voice spoke through the phone. “I think we may have a bit of a bump in the road.”

 

Jongin frowned as Jongdae grabbed his phone. “What do you mean?”

 

“Well you know Kim Joonmyeon?” Taemin asked.

 

Of course the know who he was-- especially Kai. The male was always around Kyungsoo asking him to accompany him to places or one on one study sessions. Jongin couldn’t count how many times jealous and pain pounded through his chest every time he saw the two of the smiling or laughing with one another. He disliked Joonmyeon with a passion.

 

“What about him?” Jongin asked.

 

“Well he’s kinda sorta standing in front of Kyungsoo’s locker with a bouquet of roses.” Taemin cursed. “, Kyungsoo’s coming to his locker now. Damn, now they're talking.”

 

Jongin looked blankly with wide eyes. Was he really going to lose his chance? Was Joonmyeon going to take his love away from him.

 

“We gotta get down there,” Jongdae said. “Initiate mission . I repeat, mission . Stall them off until we can get to Kyungsoo.”

 

“Me and Ravi are on it,” Taemin said before the line hung up,

 

“We have to move.” Jongdae put his phone in his pocket hastily as he pulled on Jongin’s arm but stopped when he didn’t feel the other budge. “Jongin?”

 

“It’s useless...” Jongin almost whispered out. “It’s pretty much over now, why should I chase after him?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Jongdae frowned in confusion.

 

“Don’t you see!” Jongin’s glossy eyes looked at his hyung’s. “Kyungsoo is always so happy around him so why wouldn’t he choose Joonmyeon right now if he were going to confess?”

 

“But you make him happy, too!” Jongdae shouted. “Can’t you see how much brighter his smiles are with you? Or how he tries to decline Joonmyeon to hang out with you instead? How can you try to give up on him so easily?”

 

The words shook something inside of Jongin as he took in all the other said. Flashes of joyfilled smiles and laughter of each day he was with Kyungsoo ran through his head. Moments of Kyungsoo turning Joonmyeon down and asking Jongin if they could go to an arcade instead. Moments where he felt like it was only them two in the world and that was all that mattered.



 

‘...It’s worth it, right?’



 

“Jongin!” Jongdae yelled as the other took off past him and down the staircase at the speed of light. “Wait man!”

 

‘Jongdae’s right...’ Jongin thought as he worked his way through the scattered students on the floor. ‘How can I give up so easy? I didn’t even put up a fight before I tried to back out...’

 

Jongin could see the spot of Taemin’s hair in the distance.

 

‘He’s worth everything.’ Jongin came closer and saw that Ravi and Taemin stood by themselves near Kyungsoo’s locker.

 

“Where is he?” Jongin asked breathlessly.

 

Ravi pointed down the hall. “They went to the courtyard. We tried to hold them-”

 

The rest of the words were left unheard as Jongin let his legs carry him without hesitation. The number of students slowly diminished as he reached the courtyard. He slowed down, deep pants coming out of his mouth as he looked around for his upperclassman.

 

Was he too late?

 

His eyes caught sight of a uniform behind a tree a few feet away from him. He took a deep breath to calm his heart rate down as he made his way towards to figure.

 

Kyungsoo sat on the ground, eyes staring blankly at the ground in thought. The sound of the close footsteps snapped his attention out of his trance as he blinked, looking up at the younger.

 

“Jongin?”Kyungsoo asked. “What are you doing out here?”

 

“I was..” He bit his lip. “I was looking for you, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo began to stand up slowly, dusting off his pants. “I’m sorry, something... unexpected just happen. Did you need something?”

 

“You.” Jongin watched as Kyungsoo looked up into his eyes, making his heart stammer enough to make him want to back out of what he was going to do but he held his ground.

 

“What...?” Kyungsoo asked confused.

 

“You.” Jongin repeated. “I needed to tell you that... you’re beautiful. That ever since the first time you smiled at me my heart hasn’t stopped beating madly. I needed to tell you that my day is only complete when I get to see you and you start them off with those cute messages of good morning or goodnight. And that my life would be complete right now if you.... if you say yes to being my boyfriend.”

 

“Jongin...” Kyungsoo spoke with a voice full of emotion.

 

Jongin scratched the back of his head nervously. “I know you might have said yes to Suho but-”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: One more part until completion~. My goal is to get it up and done for you guys in less than seven days. 
 
I tried to be dramatic with the suspense at the end haha. Cliffhanger much?
Back to writing, I have a lot more updates to get to.
Thanks for the love btw. This is unedited so sorry if there may be errors. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.
 
Much love,
-xxRxx