February 14th, Freshman year ( Cookies )

February 14th

A/N: Shhh, I'm secretly updating this from school while my class is taking a test. I'm such a rebel... I'll come back with a proper edit and author note. Thanks for the subscribes and I hope you enjoy the first to the four chapters for this Valentine’s special...ish.

Alright my teacher catching on to me.

Enjoy and comment and subscribe! 

 

 


 

 

 

 

It was Friday, but not just any friday. It was Valentine’s day. The day where girls and guys were all pulling out the best of their cards their budget and pride would allow to confess or appeal to the one of their choice. 

 

And Kim Jongin was no exception to this.

 

“He’s gonna hate it.”

 

“He wont.”

 

“He’s going to hate me.”

 

“He won’t.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“I don’t know, I’m just trying to get you to go already.”

 

Jongin heaved out a sigh, groaning as he let his head fall to his desk top. He couldn’t do this, this was too embarrassing.

 

“Look scaredy cat,” Jongin turned to glare at his best friend Jongdae or ‘Chen’ as he liked to call himself. “All you have to do is give him the damn present. It’s not that hard y’know.”

 

“It’s not easy to go and give your crush cookies!” Jongin exclaimed. “I didn’t even know how to make cookies! probably made poison into the form of a delicious looking treat! What if he dies eating them? What if he doesn’t even take them? Does he even eat cookies? How-”

 

“Breath, Jongin.” Jongdae placed a hand on his friends shoulder, imitating taking deep breaths to get the other to copy. “You got to just relax man. He’s a nice guy so I’m sure that he won’t mind.”

 

Jongin sighed again looking down at the bag in his lap. The mini cookies were messily decorated (he doesn’t have any kitchen skills) but he managed to make them look presentable in the heart decorated plastic bag that he struggled to tied a bow around.

 

“Don’t look now,” Jongdae whispered. “But he’s about to walk in.”

 

Sure enough when Jongin looked up to the door the object of his affection was walking inside. Books in his smooth pale hands, backpack draped over the uniform dressed shoulders, a light smile over his heart-shaped lips as his big eyes looked over the class for a free seat.

 

Do Kyungsoo.

 

He was a grade above Jongin, just as Jongdae was, but he was able to meet them both in the art class they were currently in. The art electives were on of those courses that held students from different grade levels so a couple of Jongin friends happen to be older than him. He didn’t even know the upperclassman existed until the teacher had assigned them randomly to draw in pairs a portrait of the other. 

 

Kyungsoo had sat in the chair facing him, a small smile on his lips. “Hi, I’m Kyungsoo. Sorry if it’s going to be a bit awkward staring at one another for the next hour.”

 

Jongin laughed. “It’s fine, do you want to draw me first?”

 

“Sure.” Kyungsoo said, taking out his sketchbook and a wooden pencil. Jongin waited as the elder reached into his bag to pull out a sharpener. “What grade are you in?”

 

“First year being here.” Jongin leaned back in his seat.

 

“Ah, freshman.” Kyungsoo hummed. He pulled his leg up and crossing over the other as he settled in a position to start sketching quietly for a few minutes. “I’m a sophomore- Hey don’t make that surprised face, I have to draw you staying still.”

 

“Sorry,” Jongin apologized making his face stoic for the other to draw. “You just looked like a freshman as well.”

 

“Geez, thanks.” Kyungsoo laughed softly. And even if it was soft, it was enough to tug a small string in Jongin. A few more moments of sketched-filled silence went on before Kyungsoo stopped to look at his finished drawing. “All done. Your turn to draw me.”

 

“Huh? Oh, okay.” Jongin shook his head out of his trance and picked up his own pencil and paper. Tracing lines into the shape of the features of the elder gave Jongin the opportunity to study the other. His eyes traced over his wide eyes, sketching his plump lips, drawing his cute nose- did he just call his nose cute?

 

“Alright call, time’s up!” The teacher announced with a clap. Did time really go by so fast?. “Clean up your materials and turn in what you got done. Don’t forget to write your name on the back of the paper.”

 

Jongin placed his pencil down, looking at the art he created.

 

“Whoa,” Kyungsoo’s voice popped from besides him making him jump in his seat a bit. The close proximity started to catalyse the beats in his chest. “That’s pretty good. I think it looks better than I actually am.”

 

Jongin wanted to deny such claims and tell the other that the picture was not even a fraction in comparison to the elder but his picture was already plucked out his hand and being walked to the teacher. 

 

“I’ll turn it in.” Kyungsoo said as he walked to the front. 

 

And that was the first and last actual conversation Jongin has had with his crush. It has been months since then and he only managed to say a few “hi”s and “bye”s to Kyungsoo before he chickened out and scurried off. He did manage to befriend Chen since that time (a seeming friend of Kyungsoo’s) and his hyung has been faithfully but begrudgingly listening to his whining and love-stricken rants about his beloved upperclassman.

 

“Earth to Jongin,” Jongdae’s voice snapped Jongin to his direction. “Bro, you spaced out for like ten minutes. Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah,” Jongin straightened up in his seat, eyes watching as Kyungsoo chatted happily with another upperclassman named Minseok. “Just nervous.”

 

Just as the elder was in the middle of laughing at whatever his friend was saying, Kyungsoo’s eyes glanced back meeting Jongin’s gaze. Flustered at being caught, Jongin gave a small wave, his cheeks heating up in embarrassment. Kyungsoo smiled brightly, waving back before talking back to his friend and Jongin swore that he could die happily from just that small interaction.

 

No. He has to die after becoming Kyungsoo’s boyfriend. But how was he going to that if he can’t give the other some damn cookies!

 

“Screw my life,” Jongin groaned, head falling onto the desk as he flailed around in his seat.

 

Jongdae raised his eyebrow at the other’s odd actions. “You have issues.”

 

There was exactly two minutes left in class before it was lunch. Two nerve wrecking minute that had Jongin bouncing his leg up and down in attempt to calm his jittering nerves. 

 

He was going to do it. He was going to give Kyungsoo the cookies. 

 

Just him.

 

1 bag.

 

By himself.

 

During lunch.

 

No sweat.

 

He got this.

 

“I need to use the bathroom.” Jongin made an attempt to stand but was pulled back down my his hyung besides him. 

 

“Girls are braver than you, you know?” Jongdae rolled his eyes. “Just shove the cookies at him and run away if you really can’t stick around for his response.”

 

“But-”

 

Ding, Dong. Ding, Dong.

 

Students packed their materials in their bags as they morphed to their respected group of friends to head out to lunch with. Kyungsoo was placing his things in his bag, zipped it shut and slinging it over his shoulder as he started to walk out.

 

“Let’s go!” Jongdae hissed. Hell if he was going to let Jongin chicken out after all he had to listen to from the latter.

 

Jongdae pulled that boy out wit him, slyly following behind Kyungsoo down the halls and past other kids.

 

“Jongdae, I can’t do this!” Jongin’s voice raised an octave higher as they were getting closer and closer to his crush.

 

“Kyungsoo~” Jongdae called, ignoring the panic in his dongsaeng’s voice. Jongin quickly hid his hand with the bag of cookies behind his back.

 

The called male turned around from his locker with a curious look. His eyes landed on the two and a smile grew on his face. “Oh. Hello, Jongdae. Hi, Jongin.”

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo.” Jongdae greeted back. There was a silence from the youngest and Jongdae saw that Jongin was staring dazed at the other. Jongdae sighed internally, jabbing an elbow back into the younger’s side.

 

“H-Hi Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin stuttered out. Smooth.

 

“What’s up?” Kyungsoo closed his locker, turning his attention fully to the two. 

 

“Oh nothing much. Homework to do, boring lectures the usual. Oh! Jongin here just had to give you something so we stopped by.” Jongdae laughed-- laughing through the pain that jolted through his foot when the younger stomped on it.

 

“You have something for me?” Kyungsoo’s eye’s lit up as he looked at Jongin’s arm that was behind his back.

 

“I- Uh- I,” Jongin wanted to curse Jongdae out. “I made you t-these.”

 

Jongin shakily handed over the bag of cookies to the elder. Kyungsoo took the bag, staring at it and Jongin felt the slight precipitation form on his forehead and palms.

 

“You made these?” Kyungsoo asked softly, opening the bag to look at the cookies. “For me?”

 

“Yeah,” Jongin gulped down. “I mean you don’t have to eat them if you don’t want to. They probably taste horrible. See?”

 

Jongin had reached in the bag, shoving a few cookies in his mouth. He gagged slightly as soon as the supposed threat hit his taste buds.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked worriedly, watching the other try to hold back his gag.

 

“Yeah I’m-” Everything happened in slow motion. The gurgling in his stomach, the bile that rushed up, the look in the eyes of his upperclassman before it all happened.Jongin didn’t get to finish his sentence before a stream of barf came out of his mouth.

 

“Oh !” Jongdae cursed as he watched his friend hurl.

 

 

 

 

This wasn’t according to plan.

 

 


A/N 2.0: Thanks again for those who subscribe, look forword to the next few chapters. Finally chapter to be posted on Valentine's day. (May do other one-shots as well).

Much love

-xxRxx