The Shocking and Sudden Decision

Indecisive Love

 

*Hanas POV*

“Taemin, can I ask you a question?” I whispered in a weak voice to which he just simply nodded.

“Why are you avoiding me?”

He did no say a word and continued to stare at the garden which was conveniently situated in plain view from the balcony.

“Is it because I confessed my liking for you?”

Taemin in still did not utter a word or move from his fixed position.

“Why don’t you like me? Is it because I am not a celebrity? Is it because I don’t look like a model, don’t have an extremely beautiful face and am not perfect? Am I not your type? Why Taemin? If you never had feelings for me, then why did you let me get close to you?” Hot tears flowed down from my eyes, “Taemin, I can’t even hate you.” Stepping backwards I ran out from his room avoiding ever gaze I met until I was out of the house. That night I made a tough decision that went against my heart's will.

 

~Next Morning~

*Kai's POV*

‘Another boring, uneventful day…’ I sighed looking around for something to do when Hana walked into the room. “What’s wrong with you?”

She didn’t answer and had her gaze locked into the floor as if in deep thoughts smirk made its way on my lips,  “Look who’s the unhappy, frowning person today."

“Kai, I don’t know how to tell Chen and Tao—that I am leaving.”

“To go where?”

“Back home—to America…”

“When are you coming back?” I was taken back by her reply not expecting to hear that. Shifting her eyes up to me, a pained expression filled her once shining eyes as she softly mumbled, “Never."

 

*Hana's POV*

Kai stared at me in deep shock, and unexpectedly,he swiftly arose to his feet and marched away. A few seconds laters Chen and Tao ran up to me with a baffled and worried expression.

“Nuna, you are leaving? Why?” Tao frowned as he took both of my hands in his hands, "Did something happen? Is everything alright?"

“Nuna?” Chen placed his hand on my arm and shook me a little.

“Tao, Chen—don’t make this any harder for me, please.”

“But why are you going?”

“Please don’t force me to answer your question—I am going to miss my dongsaengs and-” I couldn’t hold back my tears, “I am sorry.”

“Nuna, please don’t cry, we won’t ask you anything. Don't cry.” Tao sighed and pulled me into a tight hug .

“You won’t forget us, will you?” Chen pouted trying to cheer me up with his cuteness as he wiped my tears with his thumb.

“Chen, you and Tao will always be in my heart. How can a sister forget her younger brothers? Promise me that you will work hard and become super stars so that one day I can proudly say that you are my dongsaengs. Also promise me that you’ll not bother your hyungs and always listen to them.  Finally promise me that you two will come to see off at the airport.”

“We promise!” They sang in unison with bittersweet smiles on their lips.

"Did you two see where Kai went?”

“Hyung went to his room."

I made my way to his room to find Kai standing outside of his bedroom as if he was waiting for someone.

“Kai…”

He abruptly faced me, “Why are you leaving so suddenly?!” His voice was filled with anger and confusion, “Why?” For the first time I saw softness in his eyes as they searched my face for an answer.

“I am sorry.” That was all I could manage to say as I stared shocked at his soft expressions.

“Who is going to call me names and try to get me to smile? Who will I chase around?”

“Since when have you liked my name calling?”

He stepped towards me and took me into his arms, “I have always liked it, from the very beginning, you just never noticed.”

Kai's actions surprised me but I hugged him back, and we stayed in that position for a long time until I broke the silence, “You’ll come to the airport, right?”

He released me for the hug, "No." With that cold reply he walked to his room and closed the door on my face. I stood dumbfounded, staring at the closed white door not knowing how to feel about all this.

*End flashback*

 

“Wow—so did you tell Baekhyun and Taemin?” Xai asked touching my back a little as I looked like I was about to cry.

“Yeah.”

 

*Flashback*

*Baekhyun's POV*

Tao had handed me a note from Hana and melancholy asked me to read it right away. I unfolded the piece of paper:

Dear Baekhyun oppa,

                           Thank you for always being there for me and listening to my nonsense. I consider myself very lucky to have a friend like you. You are probably wondering why I am writing such things—I am leaving—forever—with little hopes of meeting all of you again in the future. I apologize for always making you listen to my problems. Good bye, oppa, and please take care of yourself, your hyung, and your dongsaengs. I hope you see you one last time at the airport.

With lots of love and best wishes,

Hana

I was not sure how to react as I stared blankly at the black words on the white paper. Snapping out of my daze, I raced to find Taemin knowing that he had something to do with this. He was standing in the balcony with his back turned to Hana.

 

*Hana's POV*

“Taemin, I am sorry for acting immaturely and yelling at you. I am going back home—tomorrow, I hope to see you at the airport.” I gave a meek smile as my steps slowly receded away from him, “Good bye—Taemin.” Somewhere in my heart, I was hoping that he would stop me, but he didn’t say a word or even bother to turn around. I headed out to see Baekhyun standing near the glass door leading into the balcony.

*End Flashback*

 

“So what happened at the airport?”

“Have patience, unnie, I'm getting there.”

“No! Tell me now! Be a good dongsaeng.”

“You’re impossible…”

 

*Flashback*

*Hana's POV*

“I’ll miss all of you very much.” I looked at the five boys standing in front of me.

“Nuna, we will miss you even more.” Tao moved his eyes to the floor.

“Yes we will." Chen once again resorted to pouting to lighten the heavy atmosphere.

I hugged the two dongsaengs, “Don’t be sad—some day we might meet again.” Who was I kidding trying to console them with word when I was sadder than any of them?

“Baekhyun oppa, thank you for being such a considerate friend. I’ll miss talking to you.” He returned my hug feebly still in disbelief that I was leaving.

“Suho and Jonghyun oppa, I might not have spent a lot of time with you two, but I’ll miss both of you. Thank you for coming to see me off.”

They smiled and each gave me a tight hug sad as well to see me leaving.

 

*Baekhyun's POV*

Hana’s eyes searched constantly for Taemin and Kai with a little hope that they might show up When we were about to leave the house, I went in search for the two but neither one of them were in sight.

Hana took a few steps away from us towards a few gift bags placed on two chairs nearby. She handed one to Tao, Chen, Jonghyun hyung, and Suho, but she gave me three bags: one for myself, one for Taemin, and one for Kai.

The five of us watched Hana as she headed to the security point, and for the last time, she turned to wave good-bye to us. Her eyes yearned to catch a smallest glimpse of Taemin and Kai, but they did not show up. That was the last time we saw her, and just like she disappeared into the terminal area, she disappeared from our lives.

*End Flashback*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~