The Beginning of a Doomed Month

Indecisive Love

*Xai's POV*

Hana and I waited for our oppas to come out of the house as they were leaving for a world tour and would not be returning for a month or more. Neither one of us were allowed to come to the airport with them because they did not want their fan girls or the media catching a single glimpse of me or Hana. They finally came out with their entire luggage along with their manager hyung.

"Guys, we will miss you as usual," I said sighing, “Please don’t overwork yourselves.”

"Good luck, we will be cheering oppas from here." Hana smiled at the five men as she gave each one of them a tight hug.

"Hana, take care of yourself and don't have any more ‘clumsy' moments," Jaejoong hyung said emphasizing the word clumsy, "Xai, make sure you take good care of yourself and Hana."

"I will! You guys better hurry before the media decides to come and hunt you down!" I said sticking my tongue out at them. Junsu, Changmin, and Micky oppa headed to their car while my brother gave me a hug and told me to look after Hana. I glanced over at her to see Hana embracing Yunho; he had his right arm around her and her hair with his left hand. Before leaving Yunho oppa gazed at me, and I nodded at him, ‘I hope that I get a chance to leave her alone with them.’

 

*Hana's POV*

Unnie and I watched the car drive away hoping that no mishaps or anything happen during any of their concerts.  "Hey Hana, I forgot to mention that I am planning to go to my friend's house for a few days. Do you want to join me?"

I was about to answer her question when my phone rang, ‘Tao? Why is he calling me?’ It was really odd for him to call because he usually texted me and hated talking on the phone. Shrugging off the thoughts I answered his call, "Hello."

"Nuna, come meet us at the park. I mean right now."

"Um okay. I will be there soon."

"Who was it?" Xai asked once I got off the phone.

"Tao. He said he wants to see me at the park right now."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's hurry!"

Unnie and I reached the park to find Tao and Chen sitting amidst the benches located near a small pond. "Nuna!" They came running to me as soon as we were in sight.

"Hi, you wanted to see me?" I smiled at my two dongsaengs feeling a little light after seeing their cheerful faces.

"Yes! Well we were wondering about something. Some members of EXO and SHINee are going to go on a vacation. Would you like to come with us?" Chen asked but suddenly threw out his cute pout, "Please don't say no."

"Of course, Hana would love to go!" I glared at unnie as she grinned at me. "There Hana problem solved, you can go with them and I can go with my friends."

The two boys grinned widely, "Thank you, nuna! We are leaving tomorrow, go and get packed. We will meet here again." I did not even say yes, but thanks to unnie, I was now going to be stuck with some people that I did not want to see let alone go on a vacation with.

 

*Jonghyun's POV*

The next day we came to the park to see Hana waiting for us; I could not believe that Chen and Tao were able to convince her to come with us. Tao, Chen, Baekhyun, and I walked in Hana's direction but Kai and Taemin stayed near their vehicles.

"Nuna!" The two dongsaengs raced up to her; Chen took her luggage and placed it in my car while Tao hugged her.

"Nuna, who do you want to ride with? Chen hyung is riding in Jonghyun hyung's car, and I am with Baekhyun hyung. We would like you to come with us but their cars are filled with our luggage. You have a choice to ride with Kai hyung or Taemin hyung." Tao explained the situation to Hana as I studied her expressions and could tell that she was not very happy to hear that.

Her eyes shifted from Tao to Taemin, who was leaning against a white Maserati, to Kai, who was standing by his red Ducati motorcycle. I was awaiting her reply so that I could figure out if something had happened between her and Taemin.

 "I'll ride with your Kai hyung." As soon as Hana said that, my doubts about something happening that night between her and Taemin had cleared. The five of us returned to where the two quiet dongsaengs were waiting. Without glancing at Taemin even once Hana made her way to Kai, ‘Now I seriously want to know about that night.’

Kai gave Hana a small smile, got on his motorcycle, and reached out his hand to her, which she willing accepted and situated herself on vehicle. The entire time Taemin’s eyes were on her, and though he did not say a word, I could tell from his expressions that he was hurt.

 

*Narrator's POV*

Everyone got onto the highway and headed to a destination that Hana was unaware of since Tao and Chen had forgotten to tell me. Hana had her arms tightly around Kai's as they sped on the empty highway. Jonghyun’s BMW and Baekhyun’s Aston Martin were a few feet behind them while Taemin was a couple meters ahead of the motorcycle. Hana peeked over Kai's shoulder to notice that he was going at a speed of 60 miles per hour which meant that Taemin was driving at a speed of nearly 75 miles per hour. She lowered her eyes as Hana was fully aware that he was very furious and frustrated at her.

Abruptly Kai felt Hana's grip becoming firmer causing him to glace in the mirror. He noticed her staring sadly at the back of his shoulder, "Hana, is something wrong?"

She slowly moved her eyes to the mirror and shook her head, "No, I am fine."

"Are you scared?" The boy grinned at her as she returned a small smile.

"No! Why would I be scared? I actually like going fast."

"Are you sure?" He asked to which she nodded her head. "Then hold on tightly." Kai said before glancing down at the speed-o-meter and gradually accelerating.  The young boy soon passed Taemin's car, and as the motorcycle was parallel to the car, Hana caught a quick glimpse of him. He had on a stern look on his face, his eyes were focused on the road, and his hands gripped the steering wheels tightly.

"Is this fast enough for you?" Kai asked when he reached a speed of 100 mph.

"I don't mind going faster."

"Hana, if I go any faster Taemin hyung will give me a long, boring lecture and get really mad at me!"

His statement caused Hana to let out a soft giggle, "I thought you would be used to it by now."

"What do you mean?" Kai asked as Hana brought her face over his left shoulder and glanced at him, "Kai, Taemin always yelled at you! Remember when you use to chase me, he would scold you even though it would be my fault. There were times where he would give you lectures as well!" Hana remember the good times she had with them in the past and suddenly started laughing.

Her sudden laughter caused Kai to slightly turn his head and look at her. A smile found its way onto his lips, "Hana, are we‒what you said at the gardens…"

"Kai, I am sorry. I don't hate you…"

Hana's word lifted the weight off his shoulder and mind; he was relieved to hear that she did not hate him. "I am sorry too. I should not have slammed the door on your face. It's just that I was shocked that you were leaving so suddenly. I didn’t want you to leave…"

"Your hug and words surprised me. Did you really like me taunting you?"

"Hana, you would give me a reason to smile every time you teased me. I would not smile in front of you, but whenever I was alone, I could not stop smiling. Now that you are back in our lives I have more reasons to smile."

Kai was once again her good friend, but Hana’s question about whether he liked her or not was still left unanswered. She was happy, but at the same time her heart had an unknown pain in it. The Maserati passed us at high speeds as Hana’s eyes followed the car, and she knew well that her pain was linked to Taemin.