twentieth

Baby, what's your sign?

 

She stole a glance at him, who just happened to stand five meters away from her.

He looked just perfect in her eyes. That nervous lip-biting habit, that small jumps he did before he went to the stage, that serene face when he did a quick prayer in his heart. 

It's been a long time since they last shared a stage. He was super busy with BEAST's world tour and she was battling with her Japan's concerts. Her heart did a small cracking sound when she saw him. He looked really tired. The eye bags and stiff shoulders showed how much he was struggling with his schedule. 

She missed him. She misses him. Just thinking how much she missed him could brought tears to her eyes. She shook her head. No, she can't mess her make-up now. Her stylist-unnie will kill her if she does.

She stole another glance. She saw him talking with their fellow idol friends. She saw Hongki made a joke and how he laughed so hard by that. 

She looked away. She always loves him smiles. His smile was an contagious smile that you can't help but smile back to him. Maybe that's why so many girls were helplessly love-strucked by his smile. Just like her.

Keeping this love was a very soul-exhausting task. She had lost counting how many times that she was in doubt that she can continue to love him. It's not the loneliness that kills her. Not the jealousy, nor the clingy girls around him. Not the romance she longed, not the lovey dovey moment she needs. 

It's the silence that kills her.

They can't sit next to each other, can't hold their hands in public, can't do hinting gestures, can't talk, can't meet, can't tell people the truth.

All she can do just stole a glance at him.

And he did the same.

It was just some miliseconds glance, but she could see him. She could see how much he missed her. How much he misses her.

Someone called her. It's Jihyun.

"Hyosungie, how are you? I'm sorry I didn't pay you a visit when you're at the hospital."

"Ah, it's okay, Jihyunie. You're busy at that moment."

"Whoa, Hyosung-ah. It's been a long time. How are you?" She knew this voice too well. It was his.

"Yeah, it's been a long time. I'm fine. How are you?"

Are you eating well? Are you sleeping well?

"I'm great, as always."

Don't worry too much about me, Hyo.

"Congratulations for your world tour! I heard that it was jjang!!"

I'm so proud of you!

"Well, I heard your Japan's concerts was daebak too."

Damn, why our company like to set us apart that far?

"Yeah, thanks to our Japanese fans. But it's always good to be back."

I miss you.

"You're right. Nothing beats Korean food!"

I miss you more.

"Kikwang-ah, your manager is calling you."

Hope we can meet again soon.

"Really? Well, I gotta go then."

Ahh, I hate saying goodbye like this.

"Annyeong."

Love you.

"Annyeong."

Love you too, Hyo.

He went. She didn't look back.

But a small smile--too small to be detected by those curious eyes--was adorning their face now. Hopefully their next encounters won't take another month.

 

If this is the only way they can be together, so be it.

Because loving you is enough for me.

 


Inspired by Secret Love's B.A.P feat Song Jieun. Beautiful song.

Don't worry KiSung shippers. They're real! It's just their company forbade them to make any interaction. LOL *delusional mode*