...to Grandmother's House...

Stuck in Korea!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When Rina said she didn’t mind getting lost in the woods, she didn’t ACTUALLY MEAN to get lost in the woods afterwards.
 

Kunieda Katarina sighed as she rubbed her temples, trying so hard to focus on the situation at hand. She inhaled and exhaled, taking in deep breaths to calm herself, reigning in her bad side that she rarely showed to others. She cleared her thoughts and put a hand over her fast-beating heart. She closed her eyes so she wouldn’t see the endless rows of trees in front of her, and she tried to block the rather unwanted loud sounds of Mother Nature. Yes. She should just calm down, meditation does really work, she was definitely getting there—


She banged her forehead on the tree trunk.


She was definitely failing.


Well, .


“This is it! THIS IS HOW WE ARE GOING TO DIE! I can’t believe it. How can this happen? Here we are lost deep in the woods, going around in circles, freezing to death, without coats, food, signal, anything, and my cellphone’s battery is going to die any minute!” Erin ranted as she pulled her hair, frustration evident in her pacing. No more was the shy and reclusive Nini. Her switch had clearly .


Well, Rina’s switch was threatening to turn on any time soon.


 No Sherlock, Rina muttered in her mind as she turned and pressed her back on the tree trunk behind her. Okay. I need to calm down and think logically... It would only complicate things if my fuse blows up as well.


She focused on her friends to see their reactions, trying to gauge what sort of action she should take. Her gaze lingered slightly on the distraught look on etched on Erin’s face. Her stare panned on to the rest of her friends.


Well, a distraught look etched on all their faces.


 Nobody can blame them. They were hypothetically facing their demise as so to speak.


With no one knowing where they are.


In a foreign country.


Deep in the woods.


Rina smiled. By hypothetically she meant damnittheywereingscrewed.


Yes, her foul-mouthed-vulgar-of-a-side was starting to show.


Logical Rina, get a grip.


Mitzi tried to laugh their frustration off. “C-calm down, Erin...”


Rina snorted. Hasn’t her unnie learned by now that you should NEVER tell an enraged girl to calm down? Wasn’t it in her so-called “self-published” and “award-winning” book of philosophies or whatever?


Erin turned to look at her cousin with an enraged expression—just like a time-bomb waiting to explode.


Yup, just like what Congreve said, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned... well, hell hath no fury like a woman about to die whilst being lost deep in the ing woods.


“CALM DOWN!? YOU’RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN!? THIS IS YOUR FAULT! DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A ‘MAJESTIC LAKE’ TO YOU? HUH?”


Rina almost groaned out loud there.


Ah... yes. The so-called “majestic lake” Mitzi was talking about... (everything ‘so-called’ was associated with Mitzi anyway, why didn’t they even think of that?)


Rina stared at the sky, the once sky blue turning to hues of red, orange, and violet into deeper shades of night. If they didn’t find a way out before dark, they were screwed. Dead.


How the hell did they end up in this situation again?

 

 

Xyriel smiled as she plopped down the mini veranda of Aunt Aeri’s humble abode.


It was just a normal and typical two-storey house, painted white on the outside and had a sort-of modern-styled furnish to it. She stretched her overused joints as she took in the nature surrounding her. The house was just by the edge of a forest so she could clearly hear the birds, wildlife, and wind moving around her.


“Man, I’m tired,” Mitzi commented as she sat down beside Xyriel. One by one, the rest of the gang piled out to the veranda, exhausted. “I didn’t think unpacking the little stuff we had would be tiring.”


“Tiring?” Erin mumbled as she took out her phone and sat comfortably. “You already call that tiring? Try doing it with little to no sleep at all. Tiring is an understatement. It is energy depleting.”


“Wow, gee, I am terribly sorry, Shakespeare...”


They all laughed when Erin hit the mumbling Mitzi.


“And besides, Mitzi-unnie,” Kiara started as she leaned her head on a reading Rina’s shoulder. “You don’t really have a right to say that since you got the most comfortable sleep out of the four of us,” she pointed out.


“Oh yeah? Who went and spent money, huh?”


Kiara gasped overdramatically. “How could use that against me? I thought you loved me?”


Mitzi sniffed and put a hand on her heart. “No, Kiara, I don’t love you,” Mitzi stated exaggeratedly. “How could I love you when you broke my heart?”


“Mitzi-unnie.”


“Kiara.”


The two goofballs stared at one another before launching themselves at each other and hugged, wailing with a rather obvious fake tone.


Erin rolled her eyes, Rina sighed, and Xyriel could only laugh, wondering how the situation quickly escalated to that. Those two are really a handful... Xyriel thought, reminded again of her maxed out credit card.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter