Into the Woods...

Stuck in Korea!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mitzi was glad that their first day went better than expected.


Yes, it was stressful when they found out that the prize they won was literally just one-way; and yes, the hotel they stayed at wasn't particularly the best; and yes, they may have caused trouble for an innocent bystander; and yes, Kiara might have reduced the total amount of funds they have, but hey, Mitzi thinks that they weren't all that bad. To Mitzi, life is a coin and there are always two sides. If a certain bad event happened, there would always be a good occurrence to balance it out. You just need to find it by looking at life in a different (more positive) perspective.


Yin and yang, as her mother once said. The world would be in chaos without balance.


And true to that, even if some of her friends agreed otherwise, every bad thing that happened to them that day had a good counterpart. Like, they learned that panicking wouldn't be helpful in situations in which you get stuck in a country. They learned the valuable skill of keeping cool and thinking logically in dire times. Mitzi was glad for that—she can use that skill when she finds out that there was a test and she forgot to study again.


Next, the hotel they stayed in may be small, but it was also good since it brought all of them together and strengthened their bond. Mitzi can't honestly think of any other time when she was that close with her friends—it was the closest she's been with them (literally).


Third, even though they inconvenienced a certain orange-haired by-stander, they managed to practice their Korean in the process so it was a benefit. A huge benefit, actually... Mitzi smirked as she recalled the event. Watching the orange-haired stutterer and her unnie was very amusing. It was really cute and fluffy she felt as if she just watched a romcom drama. She felt as if it was a scene ripped off straight from a fanfic. She had never seen something that amusing in her entire life—and Xyriel’s blush and tsundere responses were solid gold when Mitzi about it. Mitzi now has one heap of precious blackmail material.


However, the benefit she has in mind isn’t about the useful pictures she took and the amount of good stuff she can get by threatening to spread them on the internet. No. What she’s talking about is the benefit of the encounter for her dear friend Xyriel (and the heiress’ pretty much non-existent love life).


Mitzi smirked as she leaned on the window of her aunt’s Kia Mohave, watching the buildings and trees of Korea pass by in a blur. She remembered everything that her mother said years ago, back when they were in China. She remembered her seven year-old self asking her mother what ‘fate’ was when she encountered the word.


“It is something that we, humans, cannot control,” her mother answered. “Everything that happens in our life is something planned for us. There’s no such thing as coincidence. Each meeting that we have with other people is important.”


She remembered asking what ‘coincidence’ was after that.


Mitzi smiled at the memory. Man, I should publish a book with all the wisdom I know. It’d help lots of people.


People like Xyriel, as a matter of fact.


Mitzi strongly believes that Xy’s encounter with the Orange Dude was no mere coincidence—it was fate. And even though Xyriel immediately shot the idea down when the second eldest said it, Mitzi was fully preparing herself to tell her friend—in the future—the satisfying sentence of, “I told you so.”


Man, she couldn’t wait.


“What are you smiling about there?” her aunt, Hong Aeri, asked. Mitzi shrugged. “Nothing, just thinking of something.”


Her aunt hummed. There was silence for a few minutes before her aunt spoke again. “Why are your friends dead tired?” she asked, glancing at the sleeping people in the backseat using the car’s rear-view mirror. Mitzi smirked at that.


“Well they crammed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter