Did I Forget?

You Really Were the Only One...

"You are on the dance team, right?" Youngjae asked, feeling hopeful.

"Yeah, I am." Yibo replied quietly, nodding  slightly in the process.

Youngjae could feel his heartbeat rate pickup as the next question rolled of his tongue in a delicate manner, "Did you know Mark, by any chance?" 

He watched as the blond nodded, once again.

"Have you heard anything from him recently?" Youngjae asked once more.

"Not since he first left..." Yibo responded, recalling everything.

Youngjae could feel his smile falter as his heart sank. He nodded, "Enjoy the drinks!" He said politely.

Youngjae walked home as quickly as he could, when he stopped in his tracks. He inhaled as he looked across the street at the same park he met Mark. He inhaled air sharply as his legs moved towards that certain bench, as if they were enticed by the memories. He plopped down as every memory was recalled. He looked at the floor.

"It's been so long since I have been here." He sighed as he noticed the sun going down. He felt the warm tears spill down his cheeks from his eyes. He thought every memory over... Like the time he freaked out as an ant crawled up his arm and Mark just laughed at his reaction. Or that time where they got ice cream and came to this exact bench. What about the time when Mark was teaching him how to ride a skateboard when he fell and scraped his knee and Mark freaked out and dashed over to him, blowing onto the burning cuts. Youngjae smiled as the tears continued to flow. Even that time when Mark first confessed was here at this very bench, it was under the beautiful stars when Mark spoke up.

After about an hour of reviewing memories, Youngjae decided it was time to leave. He stood up and exhaled the breath he was unknowingly holding. He headed towards the direction his apartment is. His and Mark's apartment. 

He felt lost, his emotions uncontrollable. He kept slipping in and out of familiar memories. Flailing around in the pool of memories, barely able to stay afloat. He saw a green light, crossing the street carelessly. He heard Mark's voice echo, it being a distant whisper, "Don't forget me, Youngjae." Then there was screeching of rubber against asphalt and the loud, blaring series of a car's horn. Youngjae turned towards the sounds, as he saw the bright headlights, his body freezing up immediately. Tears filled his eyes as he squeezed them shut, bracing himself for the pain. One, two, three... He counted the seconds before he felt a jerking pain. The tears rolled down his pale cheeks as his body made contact with the cold ground.

Youngjae's eyes fluttered open as he looked around the bright, white area. He didn't recognize this particular place. He looked around the train platform. Platform 1004, one he didn't think existed. He felt relaxed here, though. This place was serene and calming. He sighed.

"Youngjae, are you okay?" He looked behind him, albeit a little hesitant.

"M-Mark?!" Youngjae asked, tear blurred eyes blinding him.

He saw the familiar face come into focus, the smile seemed so foreign. He heard his smooth voice, "I thought you'd forget." Mark whispered into the younger's ear after he pulled him into a bone crushing hug. Mark pulled away and wiped Youngjae's tears before giving him a sweet kiss.

"I love you, Youngjae."

"I love you, too, Mark."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally finished!!! I have to say that I'm pretty proud of this, as it is my first fanfic. Anyways, thanks to everyone who subscribed to this and commented. If you guys are confused as to what happened, I'll be more than happy to explain. Well, then, if you guys have any questions just ask in the comments!

Also, I'm think of writing a different story, so if there's an idea you have and a group/pairing, I'd like to try using it. Sadly, I don't think there'll be a continuation of this particular story.

Thank you!!! ~~~