The Wary Flower

Fallen Haven

August 1 was a chaotic day filled with tears, whines, and groans, as the new admitted students of the year moved into their dorms. Flying cars and taxi's were hovering over the campus, as each parent said goodbye to their son or daughter. Moving day was the name of this madness. It was a painful sight to see, parents were bawling their eyes out, deciding whether it was a good idea sending their child to such an unfamiliar enviroment, while the students whined about how their personal lives would soon be over once school had started. 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun watch the dramatic scene happening outside through Baekhyun's dorm window. They both turn to each other and laugh, before Baekhyun lays ontop of his water bed- considering the fact that Baekhyun was from Leluya, the kingdom underwater. Kyungsoo lays down besides him and tries to move but ends up wiggling all over the place adding to his discomfort, he then turns and gives Baekhyun a face. 

 

"No offense but I think Leluyian dorms have the worst beds." Kyungsoo says, trying to get out of the bed only to stumble back ontop of it. "I mean how the hell do you even find this comfortable-"

 

"Language, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun says, giving Kyungsoo a stern look, causing Kyungsoo to just roll his eyes in annoyance. "You know for an Antheian you sure do cuss alot. What happened to the Antheian reputation of being caring and down to earth? You're making your people look bad in front of a Leluyian."

 

"Sorry forgot." Kyungsoo replies, when he is finally able to get out of the bed. He then makes his way towards Baekhyun's desk to play with his belongings. He notices a small pot beside Baekhyun's laptop with a bud sticking out of it. Kyungsoo's eyes widen in superise when realizes what the plant was. "A Blood Orchid, Baekhyun? How did you even find-"

 

"Found that during vacation when I visited one of the islands in Leluya. Thought it would look pretty here. You know once it grows and all." Baekhyun says, calmly which only upsets Kyungsoo more because of how Baekhyun sounds totally calm while Kyungsoo just wants to scream in exitement. All for a tiny bud sticking out of the pot.

 

"Baekhyun." Kyungsoo says, looking as serious as he'll ever be. "This is a rare Blood Orchid. It only blooms every seven years and once it blooms it's supposed to grant you a long life-"

 

"How much does it sell for-"

 

"Baekhyun!"

 

"Geez I was just kidding. Calm down." Baekhyun says, a little taken aback when Kyungsoo yelled at him. "You, Athneians always get so worked up over these sort of things-"

 

"Shh. I hear your roomate coming." Kyungsoo interrupts when he hears footsteps fast approaching. He then makes his way to hide inside of Baekhyun's closet, hoping not to get himself caught. He had lied to Luhan, Baekhyun's roomate, about going to study in the library to avoid hanging out with Tao, who always asks why his cat hasn't been eating properly and for Kyungsoo to check up on him even if there's nothing wrong - considering the fact that Kyungsoo was a descent of the Artio, the goddess of the wilderness, Kyungsoo was given the ability to control and shape-shift himself into any animal he desired. During the first 2 checkups, Kyungsoo was fine but after a while it became a bother, especially when in reality nothing was wrong with Tao's cat -it just didn't have the appetite to eat.

 

"Was Kyungsoo here?" Luhan asks barging into the room, with Tao besides him, holding his pet cat lovingly in his arms, as he contines to look at it worriedly. "Tao needs him to fix his cat-"

 

"He's inside the closet-"

 

"Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo says, when he gets out of the closet. Because what was the point of it all when they already knew he was inside of it?

 

Baekhyun shrugs, as he opens his laptop trying to finish an essay for his writing class that was due tomorrow. He had accidently deleted it once, but thankfully being a descendent of Metis, the goddess of wisdom, Baekhyun was blessed with intelligence and technopathy -the ability to control and manipulate electronics with their minds meaning that he had a talent when it came to technologies. 

 

"Sorry. Leluyians can't tell lies-"

 

Tao then rushes towards Kyungsoo side, desperate to have the latter look at his cat. Although, Tao was an Aluxian, a citizen of Alux, the kingdom in the sky, his personality was a bit softer and likable unlike most overly confident Aluxians -probably one of the main reasons why Baekhyun and Kyungsoo chose to hang out with him in the first place. "This will be the last time, but please I think there's something wrong with Ge. He hasn't been eating for the past 3 days and he looks tired all of the time."

 

Kyungsoo takes the cat from Tao's grasp and furrows his eyebrows, in confusion which puts Tao in a worried state. Kyungsoo puts his right hand over the cat's body and closes his eyes, deep in thought. Once, he opens his eyes, he turns and gives Tao his findings. "Ge seems to have food poisoning. Have him eat some Bilberries and he should be fine in a matter of days."

 

Tao smiles and takes the cat back into his arms, hugging it tightly. "Oh thank god."

 

"You really don't look like a descendent of Horus, the god of protection and war. I don't see any traits of him from you." Luhan states which causes Tao to glare at him. "Just saying. I mean, sure you fight really well but sometimes you look like a lost coward."

 

"For a Leluyian, you sure do know how to upset an Aluxian." Tao fires back. 

 

"You mean, like that one time when I was reading your mind and thought that what Kris was wearing in class was hot so I purposely told him. You should've seen you're face-"

 

"Stop reading my mind damn it! And stop thinking that I have a thing for my roomate! Which by the way, I don't." Tao replies, a bit frustrated with Luhan's ability to read minds. Luhan, a descendent of Morpheus, the god of dreams and sleep was handed down the ability to read minds -something that often made Tao upset and invadeed the privacy of others. 

 

"Our people never really did learn to get along with one another."

 

Luhan nods. "True, but that's why we're friends we balance each other out. I'm calm and collected and you're a -"

 

"Luhan!"

 

"I was kidding." Luhan laughs, as he plops down onto his water bed. He then sighs in glee. "Anyways why were you both in here? Shouldn't Kyungsoo be tending his garden or something? I was walking past it and saw it in a mess-"

 

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows and groans. "That stupid ing Aluxian captain-"

 

"Hey!" Tao says, a little bit offended that Kyungsoo was making fun of his people. 

 

Instead of replying, Kyungsoo storms out of the room, in anger before making his way ultimately out of the Leluyian dorms -the dorms help differentiate between Leluyians, citizens of Leluya the kingdom underwater, Antheians, citizens of Antheia the kingdom in the forest, and Aluxians, citizens of Alux the kingdom in the sky. The dorms were all of walking distance within each other so it didn't take long for Kyungsoo to reach the Wyverns stadium, which was located in the middle of the three dorms. 

 

The Wyvern stadium was a place were most students played speedball,  a sport that was loved by many students, especially Aluxians who were known for their competitive and destructive nature. The sport requires quick, fast-paced movements to score a point. The objective of speedball is simple, each team must attempt to score a goal on the opposing teams net by either kicking the ball or throwing the ball into the net; however, kicking a ball earns 2 points, while throwing the ball earns just one point. The team that scores the most goals by the end of the match wins the game.

 

Kyungsoo makes his way across the field, despite various complaints about him not being able to be there because the team was practicing for an important match. When Kyungsoo sees, the garden ruiner-speedball captain, Kim Jongin about to make a shot, he summons a flock of birds to grab the ball once it flew into the air -upsetting Jongin and his team mates. When the birds retrieve the ball, they drop it down beside Kyungsoo, before flying off across the distance. 

 

Jongin pushes his way against the players and gives Kyungsoo an angered look. "What the hell?"

 

"What the hell yourself." Kyungsoo scoffs. "This is the third time you've ruined my garden! The first time, okay it was an accident. The second time, sure. But the third time, no. No more. My white hallows aren't blooming because of you!"

 

"Well, sorry but is this really nesscessary? To be interrupting our game?" Jongin fires back. "Go back to your gardens, little Athneian."

 

"Why don't you make me, Aluxian?" 

 

Jongin grits his teeth, in annoyance. He clutches his knuckles about to take a hit, when Kris suddenly calms him down -considering the fact that Jongin was a descendent of Bia, the goddess of force and battle, Kris knew that things could really get out of hand with just a simple hit. "Thats enough. Look, Kyungsoo we're sorry we ruined your garden... again. But can we please get back to our game? We have a speedball tournament in less than a month-"

 

"Just stay away from my garden you !" Kyungsoo shouts, before storming away. 

 

-

 

"Have you finished your paper for Mr. Hong's class, yet?" Chanyeol asks, desperate as he takes a seat in front of Jongdae, who was casually reading a book about different sorts of potions and their effects afterwards. 

 

Jongdae shakes his head, however, he doesn't even spare Chanyeol a glance, causing Chanyeol to groan in frustration. "I'm not going to give you my paper again. The last time I gave it to you, you deleted it from my laptop and I had to ask Baekhy-"

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen and he quickly snaps his fingers in remembrance. "Baekhyun! I can ask him!"

 

Jongdae then watches, as Chanyeol scatters out of the library and knocks a couple of books down on his way out. Jongdae shakes his head before returning back to the book he was reading. He reads a page throughly that talks about a potion that causes people to laugh and cry at the same time -something that he found to be hilarious. Jongdae, a descendent of Perses, the god of destruction, was handed down the power of destruction through mischief -which explains the reason he takes an interest in pain and laughter. 

 

"Baek! My bestfriend, how are you-"

 

"No." Baekhyun replies, not even bothering to look up at his bestfriend and just continues rearranging his closet. Tao and Luhan left shortly after Kyungsoo had stormed out of the room, leaving Baekhyun alone with a very messy room. Suddenly Baekhyun feels Chanyeol creep up from behind him to trap him in a tight embrace.

 

Baekhyun blinks and his heart suddenly begins to fasten. "He..Hey. What are you-"

 

"Please." Chanyeol begs, not bothering to let go. "I really need help. I promise that I'll-"

 

Baekhyun sighs, before pulling away from Chanyeol's embrace and tries to calm his heart down before it explodes but once he glances to look at Chanyeol he's immediately mesmerized by his eyes. He shakes his head. "Chanyeol, why don't you ask some other people? Your a descendent of Priapus, the god of gardens and fertility and was born with the power of persuation. Why don't you pursuade someone with that enormous of yours?"

 

"Baek, please." Chanyeol whines. "I don't want anyone's paper except yours. You're the smartest person I know. Besides you're my bestfriend and you know how much I need to pass that class. My parents will kill me if I don't-"

 

"It's on my laptop. You know the password."

 

Chanyeol smiles, making his way towards Baekhyun's desk where Baekhyun's laptop layed ontop of. "I knew that you could help me! I wonder why I even bothered to ask your of a boyfriend, Jongdae anyways. He didn't even want to help me. That . Hey, you kept the Blood Orchid we found during vacation. Heard it takes forever to grow thoug-"

 

"Kyungsoo was freaking out over it. Said that it takes 7 years to grow." Baekhyun replies, turning around just to stare at Chanyeol's backside.

 

-

 

When Suho opens the door to the school's laboratoy, he is greeted with a puff of smoke coming out of one of the beakers and coughing noises. When the smoke clears, he begins to approach the unnamed student to take a seat besides him. "Didn't expect to see you here, Lay. What are you doing here at this hour?"

 

Lay smiles, adding in a splash of a crow's blood into the beaker, before plopping in 3 Bilberries. "Shouldn't I be asking you that? Thought you had practice today. Or did you lie to them and ditched?"

 

"I don't lie."

 

Lay laughs. "Of course, I was expecting that from a descendent of Themis, the goddess of divine order and just. What'd you tell your team mates?" 

 

"I told the team that I had some unfinished school work I had to take care of. You know the usual. Besides it's not like they need me." Suho says, helping Lay by stirring the beaker a little to combine the mixture. "So what brings you here?"

 

"I was trying to perfect this healing potion for Kris's baby dragon but I can't seem to find the right measurements. His dragon's been hiccuping small fire balls recently and Kyungsoo said that he had the flu so Kris asked if I could create a potion for him." Lay explains, carefully putting in 2 sage leaves just like the book had instructed. Lay, a descent of Aceso, the goddess of healing and curing illnesses was given the ability to heal those who were injured, ill,or even dying.

 

"Explains the puff of smoke a while ago." 

 

"Yeah, that kind of ended in a disaster." Lay replies, watching as Suho moves the beaker to the right and then to the left -just to release some air bubbles that were forming. Lay then takes Suho's right arm and examines the cut on it. "How did this happen?"

 

"During training." Suho replies, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. He then watches, as Lay picks off a leaf from the Aum plant -a plant that was known for it's healing abilities on open wounds. "I kind of used a knife incorrectly and it resulted in a cut on my arm."

 

Once, Lay places the leaf and a dash Argon oil ontop of the cut, Suho immediately notices how within a matter of seconds the cut doesn't seem to sting anymore. Lay then removes the leaf leaving Suho suprised with the results; it was as if he never had a cut in the first place.

 

"Thanks."

 

"No problem." Lay responds. "So have you heard the rumors flying around lately? About the return of Manther?"

 

Suho wrinkles his forehead, leaning against the table upon hearing the name that was strictly prohibited in the university. "Do you really believe in those? It's impossible-"

 

"Impossible?" Lay smiles, focusing his attention back to the beaker. "Nothing's impossible. Haven't you heard the prophesy? It's bound to happen one day or another. I mean, the spell can't last forever, you know. The moors will reopen one day or another-"

 

"Then let's just hope it doesn't happen today." 

 

-

 

"I'm so bored." Tao states, as he lays ontop of his bed with Luhan beside him. After leaving Baekhyun and Luhan's dorm, Tao and Luhan had decided to drop off Tao's cat off at his dorm and to finish some unwanted homework. "I can't believe-"

 

"Practice was hard today, man." Kris tells Jongin before the two split ways and Kris opens the door to his shared room with Tao, completely unaware that Luhan and Tao were inside dying of boredom. Kris throws his gym bag ontop of his bed when he finally notices the presence of his roomate and his friend. "Oh, didn't see you guys there. Tao, how was Bichon today?

 

"Did he hiccup fire alot?" Kris asks, fast approaching his beloved baby dragon, his parents had gifted him with before he went to university. He watches, as the dragon sleeps peacefully and carefully pets it's scales, hoping that he doesn't wake up the dragon from it's slumber. 

 

Tao shrugs. "I haven't been here the whole day, I just came back. But I saw Lay and he told me to give Bichon this healing potion you requisted so I gave it to him and he's been sleeping ever since."

 

"Okay. I'll make sure to thank him later." Kris replies shortly after making sure his pet was okay. Kris, a descendent of Set, the god of chaos was born with the ability to breathe fire when angered- just like his beloved pet dragon, Bichon.

 

"I'm going to take a shower."

 

"Alright." Tao replies, earning him a squeal from Luhan who had finally spoken up after keeping his silence. Tao raises an eyebrow. "What?"

 

Luhan waits until he hears the shower working before he speaks. "You wanted to take a shower with him huh?"

 

"Stop reading my thoughts!" Tao yells, in frustration which only causes Luhan to laugh at his reaction. "I do not have a thing for Kris. Okay? He's just my roomate. So we have to get along."

 

"Alright." Luhan replies, sarcastically. "Whatever you say."

 

"Moving on, how was your vacation? Heard you went to visit your dad-"

 

"More like he sent a whole army to pick me up because I specifically told him I wasn't going to visit. He made me against my will." Luhan groans, remembering how he was suddenly kidnapped by men in black clothing on his way to the library, a while back. "He's gone to far. I came here to get away from him but he's making it so damn complicated when all he does is send spies and assistants to look over me."

 

"You're his only son-"

 

"I know." Luhan sighs. "I just wish he gave me some time to find myself."

 

"Your Luhan - a Leluyian, son of a king, has the ability read people's mind, and most importantly, Tao's personal ."

 

Luhan laughs, before hitting Tao with a pillow.  

 

-

 

The following day, marks the beginning of the new semester -indicating a fresh, new start for all of the sudents. It was bittersweet. The good part of it was that all the students would start off the new semester with an A in every subject, while the bad part of it all was how in a matter of weeks that A would soon turn into into an F. The class starts off as usual with the students not even bothering to focus and intead chose to talk to each other. The door suddenly opens and exposes a tall, handsome faced gentlemen making his way towards the teacher. The man hands the teacher a slip and paciently waits by his side. 

 

Mr. Lee raises an eyebrow. "Transfer student?"

 

"Just got admitted here last week." The man replies. 

 

"Alright, take a seat Mr. Oh." Mr. Lee replies, standing up to start his lesson. He waits for the transfer student to take a seat, before he speaks. "Okay, class take out your books and turn to page 185-"

 

"I don't have a book, do you think we could share?" 

 

Luhan turns to the transfer and nods, before placing the book in between the two. "I'm Luhan and you are?"

 

"Sehun."

 

"Antheian?" Luhan wonders and watches, as Sehun shakes his head. "Aluxian?"

 

Sehun nods.

 

Luhan smirks. "Don't look like Aluxian to me."

 

Sehun laughs, turning his attention towards Luhan. "And what about you?"

 

"I'm a Leluyian." Luhan replies. "I'm a descendent of Morpheus, I can read minds."

 

"Well can you read mine?"

 

"I'll try." Luhan replies. He closes his eyes only to see black. He shakes his head, in confusion. "That's wierd, I can't."

 

Sehun smirks. "Seems like you need to develop your powers more."

 

"What about you?"

 

"I'm a descendent of Boreas, the god of wind. I can move objects with my mind - probably the reason why you couldn't read my mind. We both have powers that involve using our minds so therefore you can't read mine." Sehun explains. 

 

"That makes sense-"

 

"Jongin!" The teacher yells, causing the two to snap their heads towards the direction of the teacher. When Jongin looks up, he rubs his eyes and yawns. "Stop falling asleep in my class, Mr. Kim."

 

When the bell rings instructing the students to go to their next class, the teacher orders Jongin to stay after class to discuss something rather important which makes Jongin question whether he has done something wrong. 

 

"Is there anything wrong?"

 

"Well technically, yes." Mr. Lee replies giving Jongin a stern look. "Jongin, you barely passed my class last semester and you're already beginning to fall asleep when, its only been the start of the second semester. I can't have you falling asleep anymore. If you don't do well in my class, I'm sorry to say this but I'll have to ask your coach to let you go-"

 

Jongin furrows his eyebrows. "Mr. Lee, you can't-"

 

"I'm the teacher so yes I can." Mr. Lee replies. "I'm sorry, Jongin but if you continue with this behavior, I might."

 

When Mr. Lee dismisses Jongin, Jongin leaves with an angered look on his face. He couldn't believe what Mr. Lee had told him, he knows that he hasn't been doing well in mathematics but lately he's been trying to raise his grade. But no matter how hard he tried, Jongin just couldn't understand what he was learning -probably because he had never been fond of mathematics in the first place. He came to university to learn how to use his powers, not to struggle with mathematic. 

 

What else was he to do? 

 

"So he's thinking of telling coach to let you go?" Chanyeol questions, a little taken back. It was during lunch when Jongin had told Chanyeol had his friends what Mr. Lee had told him, privately. "But he can't. We need you-"

 

"Look, it's not like I haven't been trying. I just can't ing understand." Jongin groans, ruffling his hair in frustration. 

 

"You know, there's a thing called getting a tutor." Kris replies, taking a large bite of his apple. "Why don't you go ask for one?"

 

"And who's going to tutor me, huh?" 

 

"Why don't you go ask Kyungsoo? He had the highest grade in the class last year-"

 

Jongin sends Chanyeol a glare. "What makes you think, he'll tutor me? He hates my ing guts-"

 

"I don't know. Compliment him. Use your . Geez, I don't know, Jongin, okay. It was just a suggestion."  Chanyeol sighs. "But I do know is that he hates it when we ruin his garden during practice-"

 

"I'll be back." Jongin suddenly says, as he gathers his belongings and stands up to leave. "Don't wait up for me, you guys can go to class together without me today. I have something to do."

 

"Oh hey guys." Chanyeol greets when he spots Baekhyun and Xuimin walking together. He gesters the two to come over and take a seat using his hands and smiles when they do. "So what are you guys up to? How was Astronomy class?"

 

"Boring." Xuimin responds. "I just wanted to transform myself into a ghost and leave so that the teacher wouldn't notice."

 

"Well you are a descendent of Thetis, the goddess of shapeshifting so it's posible." Kris replies, drinking his bottle of water. He then stands up and gathers his things. "I have to go to the library really fast, I need to return this potion book."

 

"I'll go with you." Xuimin says, standing up.

 

"Alright." Chanyeol replies when he sees Kris and Xuimin leaving. He then quickly turns his attention to Baekhyun, who takes a bite of Chanyeol's half eaten. "You want to go out today? Maybe we can play video-"

 

"God no." Baekhyun groans. "I don't want to break another video game of yours and then have you be mad at me for a week about it. It's not my fault my powers correspond with my mood."

 

"Fine, how about we go to-"

 

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. "Don't you have speedball pratice today anyways?"

 

"Yeah but I can always leave early."

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Don't. You already got in trouble with the coach because you lied and said you were sick last time. Besides, I have plans today. I promised I'd go and help Jongdae today with his homework." 

 

Chanyeol pouts. "Fine."

 

-

 

Jongin makes his way across the campus towards the Atheian dorms, in search of a short-doe eyed boy, who he desperately needs at the moment. When he sees Kyungsoo watering the plants near his garden, Jongin approaches the latter with a confident look on his face.

 

"You need me to stop ruining your garden and I need a tutor. How about we kill two birds with one stone-"

 

"That's unnessary. I'm an Anthenian." Kyungsoo replies not even bothering to look up at him. "I love animals."

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, maybe he didn't word that properly. "Okay, let me rephrase this. I need a tutor and it seems like you're the only one who could help me with this problem. What do you say?"

 

"What makes you think that I'll actually take you up on that offer?" Kyungsoo scoffs, turning around to face his opponent. He shakes his head. "I don't want to-"

 

"That's interesting because the last time I checked you were so upset that I destroyed your precious garden that you interrupted our game of speedball. If you don't mind that happening everyday, then you should expect your garden to be ruined, Mr. Do." Jongin smirks, causing Kyungsoo to grit his teeth in frustration. "I throw very hard and far just to let you know. I am the captain after all."

 

"God I hate Aluxians."

 

Jongin smirks. "See you at my place at 6. I'll be waiting."


A/N: I've always wanted to write a supernatural story.