The Awakening

Fallen Haven

Kyungsoo paces back in forth in front of the Aluxian dorms, as he checks his watch and groans. It was now almost 8 and Jongin still wasn't home, making Kyungsoo look like a retard for standing outside of the door with books in his hands.  Jongin had told him to come to the dorm at around 6 for tutoring purposes but still being bitter about his gardens, Kyungsoo choose to come at 7:30 just to annoy the latter; however, to his discontent Jongin still wasn't home, meaning that Kyungsoo had to wait outside of the room until Jongin had returned. 

 

When he sees Jongin with his speedball uniform and practice bag in his hans, Kyungsoo scoffs, watching as Jongin opens the door for them. "Where the hell were you? I've been here since 7:30 and almost 8."

 

"Practice ran late." Jongin replies, stepping into his room with Kyungsoo following close behind. He places his practice bag on his desk before making his way towards the bathroom to freshen up and take a quick shower. "I'll just take a quick shower and then we could start."

 

Kyungsoo doesn't argue and instead lets Jongin step into the bathroom to wash off all of the sweat that Jongin had collected during practice -Kyungsoo wouldn't want Jongin to smell bad while they studied together anyways. When Kyungsoo hears the water running, he begins to wander around Jongin's room. Just like a normal Aluxian dorm, Jongin's room was filled with weapons, protective armor, and lots of card games -something that Aluxians loved to do during their spare time. He takes notice of the bed which makes him wonder if Jongin lives alone. The room was spacious enough for two people to live in, so why was there only one bed inside? He shrugs. Maybe Jongin was just rich enough to afford a room of his own.

 

When the water stops, Kyungsoo freezes and wonders what he should do. Should he sit down or should he wait until Jongin returned, to sit down -considering that it was still Jongin's room of course and even if he hated Jongin, Kyungsoo still had manners. So he waits. When Jongin emerges from the bathroom, he is already in his sleepware attire and casually dries his hair with a towel.

 

He takes a seat beside his desk and instructs Kyungsoo to follow. "Let's start."

 

"Are you ready to study now, your highness?" Kyungsoo replies, sarcastically, placing the books that he was holding on top of Jongin's desk. "So what do you need help with?"

 

Jongin looks at him, with a serious look on his face. "Everything."

 

Kyungsoo scoffs, opening up one the textbooks. He gives Jongin an unamused look. "You're kidding, right?"

 

Jongin shakes his head.  

 

"How did you even pass last semester?" Kyungsoo replies, stunned. "I know you barely made it, but how-"

 

"Remember that really smart guy in our class? The Leluyian with huge glasses? Yeah, well I kind of looked over his paper during the finals-"

 

"Oh my god." Kyungsoo scoffs. "Too bad he switched out of that class, huh? Now what are you going to do?"

 

"That's why you're here." Jongin replies, giving Kyungsoo a fake smile. "Now, let's learn. I don't have all day."

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "It's night. Idiot." 

 

 "Excatly. Let's start." 

 

A couple of hours pass since they've started studying and both are already exhausted. Kyungsoo had started the lesson of easy by recaping some primary school math to Jongin, who thankfully knew how to add, subtract, and even divide properly. Kyungsoo yawns loudly, as he waits for Jongin to finish a problem that he had given him to work on. 

 

Kyungsoo turns to Jongin, who remains focused, as he continues solves the problem. Kyungsoo found the sight to be very amusing. The Aluxian was using his fingers to count in order to find the solution of the problem. Kyungsoo checks his watch and sees that it was almost nearing 12. The university had a rule, visting hours were strictly prohibited after midnight.

 

"Jongin."

 

Jongin hums, not even bothering to look up, as he subtracts 9 to the problem. "What is it?"

 

"Do you have a roomate? It's almost 12-"

 

Jongin shakes his head. "No, I live by myself. Perks of being the captain, I suppose."

 

 "Doesn't it get ever lonely sometimes?" 

 

"That's why I have a Direwolf." Jongin explains. "He's not here right now, because he's at the vet. It got hurt during our trip to Alux so I took him to the vet to check up on him when we returned."

 

"Here. I finished." Jongin says, handing Kyungsoo the problem for him to check. He smiles in satisfaction when he sees Kyungsoo writing a huge check mark on the problem.

 

Maybe mathematics was possible.

 

-

 

Baekhyun was upset. 

 

Actually he was far more then upset. He was pissed. After class, Chanyeol had told Baekhyun that he'd meet up with him at the library so that the two could do their project together, but after waiting for 4 hours in the empty library Baekhyun had decided that Chanyeol wasn't going to show up and left. It wasn't as if Chanyeol had never done this before. In fact, Baekhyun was always feeling like this. Baekhyun understood that maybe Chanyeol had other plans on Friday night, but did Chanyeol really not even bother to call or message Baekhyun not to come? 

 

A simple text message to inform him would've helped. 

 

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun stomps his way into his dorm when he sees a sudden figure on top of his bed. "Jongdae? What are you-"

 

Smiling, Jongdae stands up and approaches Baekhyun with a plastic bag in his hands. "Thought that I would buy you some dinner. Besides, Luhan told me that you've been in the library since your classes ended. I wanted to check up on you."

 

"Thanks." Baekhyun smiles slightly, before he walks towards the kitchen and grabs 2 cups from the cabinet. He fills them with water, before he returns to Jongdae, who was already preparing the table. "Speaking of Luhan, where is he? Did he go out?"

 

"He's helping Sehun-"

 

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, as he takes a bite of his chicken. "Se- who?" 

 

"Sehun." Jongdae repeats, taking a sip of his water that Baekhyun had handed him. "He's the new transfer and my new roomate. I saw him a while ago with Chanyeol-"

 

Upon hearing Chanyeol's name, Baekhyun rolls his eyes, as his blood continues to boil. Because what the ? Did Chanyeol really just ditch him for the new transfer student? Really, Chanyeol had the nerve to-

 

"Is there something wrong?" Jongdae questions, interrupting Baekhyun's thoughts. 

 

Baekhyun quickly shakes his head. "No. Everything's just peachy."

 

-

 

Lay walks around the corridors of the university late at night which was strictly prohibited. Lay had left his Herbology book during his last class and needed it badly for him to be able to finish his homework. He carries with him a flashlight and a warm, comfortable coat as he makes his way into the classroom. What he doesn't except however is to stumble across the principal having a conversation with Mr. Kang, the profesor for the weaponary course and the speedball coach. Lay, leans back against the corner of the door, to eavesdrop on the conversation but hopes not to get caught along the way. 

 

"Have you informed the kingdoms?" Mr. Kang questions, as the principle stands up to grab a book from his bookshelf. 

 

"No. They shouldn't know about this. No one should."

 

"But-"

 

Suddenly, Lay drops his flashlight, creating a loud noise, causing the professor and the principle to turn their attentions towards the door, where the sound was heard. "What was that?"

 

Covering his mouth, Lay quickly picks up his flashlight before he makes a run for it and heads back to his dorm, in fright of getting discovered. Panting, Lay turns the knob to his dorm and enters. 

 

"Took you long enough. Did you get it?" Kyungsoo questions, drying his hair with his towel after taking a quick shower. Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows when he comes across the look on Lay's face. "What's wrong?"

 

"I don't know. I overheard something." Lay speaks, out of breath from running. "Mr. Kang was talking about something... I'm not sure what it was about but it sounded like a potential danger to the kingdoms-"

 

"I doubt it." Kyungsoo replies, dismissing the subject, as he makes his way to his bed after placing the towel inside of his closet. "Maybe you were just tired. There's nothing going on or else we would've been informed."

 

"What if they didn't want us to know?" Lay counters back, watching as Kyungsoo lays down on his bed before letting out a sigh. "I smell something fishy. I should-"

 

"-do nothing. At least for now." Kyungsoo finishes. "You just need sleep. If there's something going on, you shouldn't worry so much. We've been trained to protect the kingdoms. That's why we're here. So enough with this bull and let's go to sleep."

 

-

 

"Damn it." Jongdae says, in defeat when he sees that Baekhyun once again slayed him during another game of  Mario Kart.

 

He throws the controller onto the floor and crosses his arms, in frustration. He slumps onto the couch only to be comforted by his boyfriend, who gives him a quick peck on the cheek. Jongdae laughs sligtly before putting his arms around Baekhyun. "Remind me never to play video games with you again. It brings out my inner Aluxian. You know, competitive and manly-"

 

"I like it." Baekhyun replies, stealing another kiss. "It's y."

 

Jongdae then grabs Baekhyun's chin and presses their lips together in a swift motion. He pushes Baekhyun down against the arm rest of the couch before hovering over him, lips never pulling apart from each others. When Jongdae inserts his tongue into Baekhyun's mouth, he every part of Baekhyun making sure that he hasn't missed a single spot. 

 

"I love you." Jongdae says breaking the kiss to nibble on Baekhyun's earlobe.

 

Jongdae then slots his knees in between Baekhyun's thighs to spread them apart, before reconnecting their lips into yet another intensifing kiss. This is when Baekhyun finally begins to notice his boyfriends semi being to take form. Baekhyun moans, when he feels Jongdae creating a bite mark onto his neck before he on it to relieve the pain.

 

"Jongdae-ahh." Baekhyun says, as Jongdae continues to and bite on his skin.   

 

It's when Jongdae begins to fumble with Baekhyun's pants that Baekhyun knows that it was time to stop before the two do something that Baekhyun wasn't really sure of doing. He touches Jongdae's hand that was now reaching into his pants and speaks.

 

"We can't. Luhan might come back-"

 

It takes a minute to process what Baekhyun had said into his head, but when it does, Jongdae forms a warm smile. He gives Baekhyun another quick kiss on the lips, before pulling away. "I won't make you do something that you're not willing to do, Baek. I'll wait till your ready."

 

Baekhyun returns the smile. "Thank you."

 

"But I should really get going." Jongdae explains, standing up to take his leave. He gathers his belongs before turning to face Baekhyun. "It's almost 12 and you know the rules. Besides you're right. Luhan might come home soon."

 

Baekhyun smiles when Jongdae gives him another quick goodbye kiss on the lips. "Alright. See you tomorrow."


-

 

"I don't think that's how you're supposed to hold that." Sehun laughs slightly, as he approches Luhan, who was struggling with his bow and arrow. 

 

Growing up, Luhan was never really fond of Weaponary class -a class where the students learned the importance of weapons and how to use weapons in case of emergency or a time for battle in the later future. However, as a Leluyian, Luhan believed that weapons were unnecessary and only resulted in destruction, as well as to destroy the balance of peace throughout the kingdoms.

 

Sighing, Luhan rolls his eyes, as he misses yet another target. "I hate this class."

 

"Well, I love it." Sehun admits, as he nears closer and helps Luhan hold the weapon properly, causing Luhan cheek's to turn a light shade of pink. "Keep you're back straight and release the arrow only when you see the target approaching. It's all about timing and precision."

 

"Now shoot." Sehun instructs with his hands still holding on to Luhan's waist and arm. 

 

Following Sehun's command, Luhan immediately releases the arrow and watches as it directly hits the target. Turning around, Luhan turns to face Sehun. "Thanks. It looks like you know alot about weapons. Not that I'm suprised, you are an Aluxian."

 

"My dad taught me when I was younger." Sehun explains, placing his weapon on the floor before taking a seat on the ground. Luhan wipes the sweat from the back of his neck before he takes the seat besides Sehun. "Since I was his only child, he raised me by himself."

 

"What about your mom?" 

 

"Dead."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Smiling slightly, Sehun pats Luhan's head. "You don't have to apologize. It's not like you did anything wrong."

 

"Where's your dad now?"

 

"Hospital." Sehun responds, standing up when he hears the teacher call them out for sitting on the floor. Luhan follows, as he waits for Sehun's continuation. "He fought and got injured. I haven't heard from him for 2 months now."

 

Sighing, Luhan grabs his bow. "How I wish my dad would stop talking to me. He calls me every 5 seconds-"

 

"He's probably just worried-"

 

"He's too controlling if you ask me." Luhan scoffs, before he closes one eye to gain complete focus on his target before he releases the arrow. Luhan then watches as the arrow comes in contact with the target. 

 

"Nice shot."

 

-

 

"What's wrong?" Luhan wonders, raising an eyebrow at Lay, who suddenly approaches the table with a worried look on his face. "You look tired."

 

"Nothing." Lay replies, running his fingers through his hair. After overhearing the conversation between the principal and his professor, Lay found it hard to get the conversation out of his head. No matter how Kyungsoo told him that there was nothing going on that he should be worried about, Lay couldn't get the issue out of his head. 

 

Scoffing, Luhan crosses his arms with a stern look on his face. "It doens't seem like nothing. There's something you're not telling me. Spill it before I read your mind instead-"

 

"There's really nothing going on. I'm just tired." Lay replies, before his eyes wander and come across Suho, who made  his way into the labratory. Standing up, Lay gathers his belongings. "I have to go."

 

"Hey! You can't just-"

 

Sighing, Luhan takes a bite of his sandwich, as he watches Lay make his way into the labratory before Luhan quietly enjoys his lunch. Alone. Rolling his eyes, Luhan begins to curse each and everyone of his friends, who technically had a far more enjoyable life than his. 

 

Luhan lets out a sigh of relief when he suddenly sees Tao and Xuimin aproaching. "Thank god you guys are here. You don't know how lonely I was. Where were you?"

 

"I left class late because I had questions with this assignment the teacher assigned. Xuimin stayed with me." Tao replies, placing his backpack down before he takes a seat. "Have you seen who's in your group yet?"

 

"For what?" 

 

"The Hunting." Tao replies, drinking the rest of Luhan's water, causing Luhan to throw a hard punch at Tao's stomach. "Geez Lu, that really hurts."

 

The Hunting was an assignment that happened every semester to train the students to work well with one another. During the assignment, students were broken off into groups -all chosen at random- and given missions to complete at random locations across the three different kingdoms; however, all the missions vary. To be far, it was was a rule to have at least one Aluxian, Antheian, and Leluyian in each team so that teams wouldn't have so much of an advantage. During the missions there are also multiple tests that judges each team's teamwork and individual skills.

 

"I know Sehun, Lay and Kris are in my group." Luhan replies, listing his new teammates. "I think Eunhyuk's in our team too but I'm not sure. It hasn't been confirmed yet. But thank god I wasn't stuck with you two again this year. Last year was hell!"

 

"It's not our fault you didn't know how to make weapons." Xuimin scoffs, recalling the past memories in Alux where Luhan kept complaining about how he didn't know what to do.

 

"I'm not an Aluxian that's why!"

 

"Neither am I, but I still managed to make some weapons." Xuimin responds, confidently. "Even if some of them didn't work... and all."

 

Rolling his eyes, Tao speaks as an attempt to change the subject. "Anyways, I have a good group this year. Jongin, Kyungsoo, Suho, Kang Joon, and a couple of upperclassmen are in my group."

 

"Good luck with that." Xuimin snorts. "I bet you that Jongin and Kyungsoo will argue about every little thing! Out of you guys, my team's the best."

 

"Oh really?"

 

Nodding, Xuimin's lips curve into a devilish smile. "I have Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and a couple of other Aluxians so we have a pretty good shot at winning the battle game."

 

"At least I have Lay on my team-"

 

"That's not fair!" Tao pouts, crossing his arms in discontent. "If you have Lay on your team, you're bound to win during the battle game. He can heal people-"

 

"Lay's not allowed to heal during the battle game anymore. Professor Lee told him it was against the rules. Basically what I'm saying is that having Lay on your team is pointless." Luhan replies, cockily. "My team has a chance. After all, I have a descent of Set on my team. Kris is going to win for our team-"

 

"Are you kidding?" Tao scoffs. "Jongin's a descent of Bia.. who is in fact much more capable of destruction than Kris. Besides, did you forget that I'm an Aluxian too? I can beat your -"

 

"Fine then do you want me to tell Kris what you think about him?" Luhan scoffs, raising an eyebrow before he smirks. "Geez, if you like him so much, why don't you just-"

 

"I don't like him for the millionth time!"

 

 -

 

Upon seeing a certain figure entering the library, Baekhyun rolls his eyes before he quickly turns away. Baekhyun stands up from his seat and quietly tries to exit the library in secret so that Chanyeol doesn't notice him. Besides, Baekhyun was still far too upset with Chanyeol for what had happened last night. Before he escapes, however, Baekhyun feels a sudden grip on his wrist and the next thing he sees is Chanyeol's face. 

 

Baekhyun lets a sigh escape his mouth. "What do you want? I was just leaving-"

 

"So you are mad at me." Chanyeol replies, letting his grip on Baekhyun go. "I'm sorry for what happened last night Baek. I didn't mean it, but we suddenly had practice and I-"

 

"Who were you with this time?"

 

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

 

"Yeol, come on. It was a friday night and you're telling me you ditched me and went to practice? That doesn't sound like you." Baekhyun replies, quickly rolling his eyes in response. "The Chanyeol I know was probably having a one night stand with someone instead of helping me with our project. So who is it? That new guy in our potionary class? What was his name again? Su...Se..."

 

"Sehun?" Chanyeol replies, following Baekhyun as he exits the library. 

 

Nodding, Baekhyun carries his books back to his dorm. "Yeah. That's his name. So did you do it with him?"

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, Chanyeol forms a frown. "I didn't do it with him. I didn't do it with anyone last night! I really did have practice for your information. But it looks like your too drawn into thinking that I sleep with everyone-"

 

"Well don't you?"

 

Scoffing, Chanyeol gives Baekhyun a stern look. "You really know how to upset a person, Baek. I don't sleep around with everyone! And you as my bestfriend should know that. If you're still upset because I ditched you and made you do the project by yourself then I'm sorry but calling me a player, who sleeps around... that's when I draw the line."

 

"You know what, Yeol? Fine, I am upset." Baekhyun replies, turning around to face Chanyeol with a serious face. "How many times have you ditched me now? I feel like you're only friends with me because you think that I'm going to do your projects for you... Well news flash. I'm not going to. Now, if you excuse me. I have to finish our project by myself."

 

"Wow. Fine, I was going to help you today considering the fact that I felt really bad pinning all the work on you but you know what? Forget it. Call me when you get out of this y attitude." Chanyeol scoffs, as they both walk in opposite directions. Chanyeol and Baekhyun always got into small fights that turn out bigger than they originally planned. 

 

This fight just so happened to be one of them.